Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - MMA Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #39 (permalink)
Rush
Turn Out The Lights

Rush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep Weekend
Default Re: MMA Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogorodnikov View Post
funny how you don't mention any names, though. and we were talking LW GOAT here, not all of MMA.

the guy in his prime was a killer. despite having 8 losses on his record, only 3 were at lightweight, and one was a controversial decision and arguably when he was past his prime (whether it was or not, i don't really care.) BJ Penn is pretty easily the best ever at LW currently, and it's not really all that close.

seriously, who is first if not for BJ? Gomi? i mean... there's no one else.
Gomi, Aoki & Edgar you could all make a case for. I'm saying if Penn put the work in, there would be no debate. You couldn't make a case for anyone else.

If you look at the other divisions, 135 has Torres, Cruz, 145 has Aldo and Faber, 170 has Matt Hughes and GSP, 185 has Anderson Silva, 205 has Liddell, Ortiz, Jones, Shogun, Wandy, Hendo, 265 has Fedor, Cro Cop, Big Nog, Couture. Now some of those make more of a case than others but really only Silva stands head and shoulders above everyone in their respective divisions. Penn would be peerless if he didn't slack off.

As it stands he's still one of the best, and i still consider him the best ftr, but he's not as peerless as Silva and its a shame as he could have been.

as for the all time bit, i know what we're talking about and i know you can't read so i'll slow it up for you, If Penn put the work in, he'd not only be the LW GOAT, but up there for GOAT in all of MMA. Do you understand the point that is being made or do i have to spell it out for you again? I think i will have to at some point as you're incapable of thinking. Its a seperate point on top of the discussion, do you understand? You understand how conversation works? Good.