Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

326K views 7K replies 218 participants last post by  Notorious 
#1 ·
Preseason cranks up tomorrow and that means we're less than a month from games that count.

This is the best time of year.

#2,055 ·
re: NFL Thread: Week 4 - RIP Steve Sabol GOAT - Anyone see that GB/Sea game?

mark sanchez is mentally tougher than any quarterback y'all were arguing about yet. he hasn't had his TEBOW meltdown in public yet and that's the only criteria for mental toughness.

i know i'm not supposed to talk about this, but i can't help but laugh at a certain team running back situation. i think it's some karma for running the wheels off of fast willie parker, which has rendered this team incapable of a successful running play.

#2,057 ·

Gen said:
As to Cam? It's not a knock, guy's just now in his 2nd year, there's no way you can expect him to have that hardened mentality in less than 2 full seasons. That comes through experience so by pure virtue of TIME, he's not there yet. Can't blame the man for when he came into the League.
This wasn't here last time I read your post.

I don't know. Cam shows that grit needed to succeed in the NFL, at least he has when I've watched him. He's not that accurate of a passer (wouldn't say he's inaccurate either) yet that offense is one of the better ones in the league. This will be a good test for him tonight. We know the Giants can get after the QB, but that secondary is as suspect as any in the NFL. Can the Giants' front rattle him to make poor decisions? If they don't I expect it to be a shootout or a Panthers blowout. I think it's a Panthers blowout so that must mean it'll be a Giants blowout.

#2,099 ·

This wasn't here last time I read your post.

I don't know. Cam shows that grit needed to succeed in the NFL, at least he has when I've watched him. He's not that accurate of a passer (wouldn't say he's inaccurate either) yet that offense is one of the better ones in the league. This will be a good test for him tonight. We know the Giants can get after the QB, but that secondary is as suspect as any in the NFL. Can the Giants' front rattle him to make poor decisions? If they don't I expect it to be a shootout or a Panthers blowout. I think it's a Panthers blowout so that must mean it'll be a Giants blowout.
Dat mental toughness. :troll

New NFC South Hierarchy for Week 3?

Atlanta
New Orleans
Tampa
Carolina

#2,058 ·

So I was having this discussion earlier with some of my friends, wanted to get you guys take on it. If you were the Bills what do you do when Fred Jackson returns from injury, do you keep C.J. Spiller as the starter or does the starting role return to Fred Jackson? In case you've been living under a rock, C.J. Spiller is tearing it up so far this season. Currently leads the league in rushing yards, yards per carry, 20+ yard rushes and he's tied for the lead in rushing TD's with Arian Foster.

My opinion, I keep C.J. Spiller as the starter as I feel as though he's earned it. Fred Jackson will just have to work to get his starting job back.

#2,059 ·

CJ would be the starter and Jackson would get split carries, although not as many as CJ. A lot of good running teams have two good runners and it allows both runners to stay fresh as well.

#2,060 ·

Yeah Spiller is the starter. Give Fred touches here and there and give Fred the ball on the goal line. Jackson is too good not to use despite Spiller's explosion.

Foster/Tate
Forte/Bush
Spiller/Jackson

Those are three great RB tandems. What's great about Spiller/Jackson is that both are great receivers.

#2,069 ·

Triple G stop triple posting ffs. No one actually cares about your play by play so just edit your post.

@GlassBreaks. Yeah to that multi-part post. I didn't say Harbaugh inherited the team as if it was a bad thing, just stating a fact. He didn't build this team. He did vastly improve Alex Smith though. The QB is obviously the most important player on the team. Vastly improving the play at that position makes an enormous difference. So yeah, I'm not sure he's made Patrick Willis a better defender. I'm not sure he's made Frank Gore a better runner. I am sure he's made Alex Smith make better decisions with the football.

As for Gore being the all time leading Niner rusher...

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/alltime-rushing

Yep GORE is at the top of that list.

#2,079 · (Edited)

He didn't build this team. He did vastly improve Alex Smith though. The QB is obviously the most important player on the team. Vastly improving the play at that position makes an enormous difference. So yeah, I'm not sure he's made Patrick Willis a better defender. I'm not sure he's made Frank Gore a better runner. I am sure he's made Alex Smith make better decisions with the football.

As for Gore being the all time leading Niner rusher...

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/alltime-rushing

Yep GORE is at the top of that list.
...and I never argued with any of this. As I stated in my post though, it's easy to list the good players on the bad teams. However, if their play isn't elevated, it's what the coach is doing with the average players that's making a difference.

And your link is wrong. It's Perry. Your link doesn't include the rushing statistics from the 48 and 49 seasons when the 49ers were a part of the AAFL. Perry holds the 49er rushing record - just not the NFL version of it.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PerrJo00.htm

#2,070 ·

Well, I expected a closer game than what I'm seeing currently. Congrats to Barden and Brown for stepping up. And apparently a fumble keeps you in Coughlin's dog house for at least 3 games, even when the starting RB is out. Dammit Wilson.

#2,071 ·

First of all, as a Bears fan...Cutler needs to stop being a whiny little bitch when things don't go well. Were he to hit me and I was a player we'd be throwing down, don't care whether he's the million-dollar QB or not.

I complain about the replacement refs blowing chunks, but the only way we're going to get anything done about it is if people stop watching or showing up for the games. That ain't going to happen.

As for Steve Sabol...RIP. I grew up with NFL Films, back to the days when I didn't have cable and watching Game of the Week was the way to see what else was going on in the NFL. The way Sabol and his dad set up the company and turned it into a huge enterprise is just amazing. I think Ed Sabol got ripped off. In 1965, he sold NFL Films to the NFL and then-commish Pete Rozelle for $1 million. That company is worth a hell of a lot more.

Thanks for the memories, Steve, this song is for you and you will be greatly missed.

#2,076 ·

First of all, as a Bears fan...Cutler needs to stop being a whiny little bitch when things don't go well. Were he to hit me and I was a player we'd be throwing down, don't care whether he's the million-dollar QB or not.

I complain about the replacement refs blowing chunks, but the only way we're going to get anything done about it is if people stop watching or showing up for the games. That ain't going to happen.

As for Steve Sabol...RIP. I grew up with NFL Films, back to the days when I didn't have cable and watching Game of the Week was the way to see what else was going on in the NFL. The way Sabol and his dad set up the company and turned it into a huge enterprise is just amazing. I think Ed Sabol got ripped off. In 1965, he sold NFL Films to the NFL and then-commish Pete Rozelle for $1 million. That company is worth a hell of a lot more.

Thanks for the memories, Steve, this song is for you and you will be greatly missed.
Bravado like that would get Lovie to fire your ass in a heartbeat. Nobody on that offensive line better lay a finger on the franchise QB. See what happened with DJ Moore for even speaking out? The club fined him for conduct detrimental to the team. J. Webb would have been cut the next day if he retaliated. Smart move to not do so. We all know he wouldn't find a job elsewhere.

#2,080 ·

So is Cutler gonna fall in line with other Chicago greats like Alex Rios and become an MVP candidate Flex?
IDK. I haven't watched much football this year, tbh. I am of the opinion that the quality has gone down dramatically with these new referees. I do think Cutler will have 4,000-4,500 yards and anywhere from 26-32 TD's. Whether or not you think that's MVP quality, is up to you, if that stat line materializes by the end of the year.

Rios is #5 on my list.

#2,083 ·

I'd have felt a lot better if G-Men had scored 7 on the fumble.

Now Panthers are driving...uh oh. Lets not have a comeback please.
I'd prefer a comeback. It'd make the game more interesting to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.