Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Florida Championship Wrestling 89

View Single Post

Old 09-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Whiterhyno333
Learning to break kayfabe

Whiterhyno333 Whiterhyno333
Default Re: Florida Championship Wrestling 89

*A Battle Royal to start off the show is pretty sweet. Love to see all of the old names included. Love the push for the House of Humperdink.
Oliver Humperdink was a quality heel manager that never really got a shot to use his microphone skills in the WWF. He had them in spades, however.
Having Gang turn on heels and get the win over Wahoo is good booking. Even though Tejo Khan was involved, I don't think OMG comes off looking weak. It is really just classic heel stable booking. Right now The House of Humperdink is poised to take over the territory; that is complelling stuff.

* Gilbert turning Missy Hyatt into a sympathetic figure is something in and of itsself. The Slater/Gilbert program is actually good stuff, but the dynamic with Gilbert mistreating his lady makes that situation much more compelling and emotional.
The cheap count-out win is almost unimportant. The purpose of the segment (to get Gilbert more heat) came out perfectly.

"It's not just beating the man; it's STAYING the man!" "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Monday Night Nitro....

"Ric Flair had me at WHOOOOOOOO!"
Whiterhyno333 is offline   Reply With Quote