Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - i's Magical Music Megapost
View Single Post
post #808 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Daredevil Jeff
The Beatles are bigger than Jesus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: i$e's Magical Music Megapost

Quote:
Originally Posted by i$e View Post
Yeah, screamo has an unfair rep because a lot of people just don't understand it (not to mention a lot of terrible mallcore gets labeled screamo by idiots), but once breached it's a really interesting genre.

Check out some of the recs in my OP; I think you'll like Envy - A Dead Sinking Story and Sed Non Satiata - Self Titled right off the bat.
It's one of my favourite genres at the moment. @ both those albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segunda Caida View Post
Cheers man, yeah I'll definitely try and get around to listening to those two soon enough. Listened to a few songs of some of the artists you mentioned when talking about 2012 Albums, (Alt-J, Tigers on Trains, Dark Time Sunshine etc) and really dug everyone of them so definitely hyped to track down full albums from them.

Yeah, admittedly I'm a noob when it comes to screamo but I definitely recognised the passion you get in a lot of the vocals and there's no denying the background music and frantic pace is incredibly addictive and engaging. It was always just a test of getting used to the vocals which is probably harder than listinging to a folk artist or other 'softer' styles. 'We Came Out Like Tigers' nailed it though for me, so definitely can appreciate why a more clued up fan of the style is digging the album as much as NoGimmicksNeeded appears to.
All good albums. 2012 delivered and there are still 4 monthes left.

Took me a long time to appreciate screamo (same with metalcore). I remember listening to Saetia's A Retrospective the first time and not liking it at all. WCOLT's album is damn good. I've only listened to it once yet so I'll probably need a few more plays to give a final verdict.

"... and all the pieces matter."

JOY~!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome