Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - i$e's Magical Music Megapost

View Single Post

Old 09-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #808 (permalink)
Daredevil Jeff
The Beatles are bigger than Jesus

Daredevil Jeff needs to be red reppedDaredevil Jeff needs to be red reppedDaredevil Jeff needs to be red reppedDaredevil Jeff needs to be red reppedDaredevil Jeff needs to be red reppedDaredevil Jeff needs to be red reppedDaredevil Jeff needs to be red reppedDaredevil Jeff needs to be red reppedDaredevil Jeff needs to be red reppedDaredevil Jeff needs to be red reppedDaredevil Jeff needs to be red repped
Default Re: i$e's Magical Music Megapost

Quote:
Originally Posted by i$e View Post
Yeah, screamo has an unfair rep because a lot of people just don't understand it (not to mention a lot of terrible mallcore gets labeled screamo by idiots), but once breached it's a really interesting genre.

Check out some of the recs in my OP; I think you'll like Envy - A Dead Sinking Story and Sed Non Satiata - Self Titled right off the bat.
It's one of my favourite genres at the moment. @ both those albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segunda Caida View Post
Cheers man, yeah I'll definitely try and get around to listening to those two soon enough. Listened to a few songs of some of the artists you mentioned when talking about 2012 Albums, (Alt-J, Tigers on Trains, Dark Time Sunshine etc) and really dug everyone of them so definitely hyped to track down full albums from them.

Yeah, admittedly I'm a noob when it comes to screamo but I definitely recognised the passion you get in a lot of the vocals and there's no denying the background music and frantic pace is incredibly addictive and engaging. It was always just a test of getting used to the vocals which is probably harder than listinging to a folk artist or other 'softer' styles. 'We Came Out Like Tigers' nailed it though for me, so definitely can appreciate why a more clued up fan of the style is digging the album as much as NoGimmicksNeeded appears to.
All good albums. 2012 delivered and there are still 4 monthes left.

Took me a long time to appreciate screamo (same with metalcore). I remember listening to Saetia's A Retrospective the first time and not liking it at all. WCOLT's album is damn good. I've only listened to it once yet so I'll probably need a few more plays to give a final verdict.

JOY~!
Daredevil Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote