Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - i$e's Magical Music Megapost

View Single Post

Old 09-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #804 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: i$e's Magical Music Megapost

Been reading this thread a lot really to check out some new bands/artists and styles I've never really listened to extensively. Tbh I'm partial to any style of music, rock, folk, indie, hip hop etc depending on the artists but if I was asked to name my favourite style it would probably be the likes of Oasis, Stone Roses, Kasabian, Inspiral Carpets, The Streets, The Smiths, The Rifles, The La's, The Beatles, Springsteen, Dylan, The Maccabees, The Jam, Joy Division, Courteeners and other bands.

Listened to some Van Morrison, Third Eye Blind, Tom Waits, John Cooper Clarke and Goodie Mob thanks to some conversations in this thread, so really would be open to people suggesting other artists/bands they consider to be essential listening.

The Tallest Man on Earth by all accounts sounds like an artist I'm definitely interested in listening to, and I'll definitely give a listen to a few of the albums I$e mentioned from this year (Dark Time Sunshine, Tigers on Trains, Swans, Beach House, Alt-J) since I'd like to move away from a niche group of artists and really sample a variety of music.

Anyways, I saw NoGimmicksNeeded constantly praising and hyping the new album from 'We Came Out Like Tigers' and despite being a little apprehensive when I saw it was screamo rock (again, only ever heard small doses of the style) I decided to give it a shot:

However.....I actually really enjoyed the album. Thought the backing music and melodies prior to the vocals were really captivating and felt really engaging, like it sounded the sort of intro music that you'd expect from a folk artist instead of some thrashing and bashing screamo rock band. Actual vocals as well weren't impossible for me to sit through, and occasionally weren't loud enough that it detracted from me being unable to understand what he was saying.

So yeah, hard to call it AOTY given its essentially an unfamilar genre of music, but I'm really tempted to try and listen to some more artists in this line, so I guess that speaks highly of how good the album was.
WOOLCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote