Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

2M views 21K replies 512 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 ·
#5,842 ·
The one with the t-shirt is from a SD 07 ep, and I happen to have the SD 07 shows on my PC. As for the sexbox pic, its from... a PPV... at some point (Vengeance 03?) that I reviewed ages ago, and I took that pic to place in my review because I thought it was awesome ....

I WANT A SEX BOX.

#5,848 ·
I saw it years ago out of curiosity but would die of laughter if anyone did a serious long review not just a star rating.
ur
And Headliner should give you to mod this one thread, it's like your thread.
I already WAS a mod here earlier in the year, but I gave it up lol.

One day I shall have to review the match in full, similar to how I did Angle/Hardy from a couple of years ago and Angle/Benoit 01 Cage match, where I just go insane and overboard in my complaints ....

The dogs defacating and fucking would have made the Taker/Bossman HIAC a lot more bearable.
:lmao absolutely.

#5,850 ·
I already WAS a mod here earlier in the year, but I gave it up lol.

One day I shall have to review the match in full, similar to how I did Angle/Hardy from a couple of years ago and Angle/Benoit 01 Cage match, where I just go insane and overboard in my complaints ....
I saw the Angle/ Hardy one :lmao couldn't stop laughing. If you ever get one done for the HIAC match I want to read it.

#5,852 ·
All came about because Boss Man fed Al Snow his own dog (Pepper). Probably during a hardcore title feud or something. Who knows. RUSSO.
reminds me of that fued I saw (wasn't watching at the time so I only saw some crazy promo on youtube) where Big Show was screaming about Boss Man taking his father's corpse or something like that in 99'? I forget the details. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Did they some crazy gimmick climax to end their feud?

#5,853 ·
:lmao Boss Man crashing Big Show's dad's funeral and stealing the casket. Crazy shit. Boss Man Vs Big Show ON PPV fighting for the WWF Title. Amazing ....

They just had the short match at Armageddon and that was it. Show dropped the belt to HHH a couple of weeks later. Apparently a chokeslam was enough to avenge what Boss Man did. Though Show did try to kill Boss Man and Albert with a car. Either tipping it up while they were inside, or trying to crush them under one.

#5,854 · (Edited)
The Bossman/Snow feud was comedy, Bossman steals his dog, Al goes crazy trying to find him, then Bossman teased that he's going to bring him back only to give it to him in a dinner. Ridiculous but gold at the same time. There was a segment on SD before that PPV where Al brings the dogs to the arena and they're almost getting to kill Bossman and he just jumps over the barricade in the last second :lmao. With all this crazy shit, it was unforgettable and continued with the Show/Bossman program. The Big Bossman heel run in 1999 is one of the my favorite of all time. One of the most comedic sadistic heels ever lol.

They also had a series of awesome hardcore matches on PPV:

#5,856 ·
Lol Can you repost your review of the Cage match?
Kurt Angle Vs Chris Benoit - Steel Cage Raw 2001

We've got Austin on commentary, who is scouting his future opponent Chris Benoit as he takes on Kurt Angle inside a steel cage!

As I'm sure everyone knows, Angle and Benoit were in a fierce rivalry in early 2001, and while their feud was taking a backseat to the Benoit/Jericho/Austin feud, both guys still hated each other, and being able to go at it one more time in a cage on TV, with nothing really at stake, they probably didn't mind one bit.

Angle wastes no time at all, charging at Benoit the moment he (Benoit) enters the cage, and out come the suplexes, followed by a couple of Crossface attempts from Benoit too.

Angle brings some nice hate here, from starting the match off the way he did, to quickly resorting to slamming Benoit into the cage as many times as possible after Benoit goes for the CF. More suplexes from Angle lol, this time a few gut wrench suplexes, which makes a nice change. Angle for some reason decides to climb out of the cage, when walking out would simply be easier, but hey, they wouldn't have had a logical reason to give us that German suplex from the ropes...

As awesome as the spot was, it was simply a spot for the sake of it. Angle didn't need to climb the cage, so the whole thing was literally just to set up that spot. I'm not complaining though, because it was fucking cool.

Shame about 30 seconds later Angle is showing no signs of being affected by it, and Benoit notices too so he repeatedly throws Angle into the cage in hopes of forcing him to sell .... Benoit then makes a retarded move... the EXACT SAME RETARDED MOVE as Angle. He has Angle down, and goes to climb out of the cage instead of walking out. And Angle catches him, and gives him an Angle Slam.

And here comes the moonsault. Even AUSTIN on commentary calls Angle stupid for not going for a cover after his FINISHING MOVE. So instead of perhaps winning the match, Angle does a completely pointless move and he pays for it. And again, like the German Suplex spot, 30 seconds later Angle is back on top as if nothing happened to him.

Knock knock.

Who's there?

FUCKING SELL YOU MORON!!!

OH my god, he's doing it again. 5 or 6 German suplexes from Benoit, and he STILL gets right back up and charges towards Benoit.

Angle gets put down straight away, and Benoit decides to climb out (Benoit went for the door after the 5 or 6 suplexes... but when he hits a few more, he decides to climb out instead? WTF?!?!). Austin is waiting for Benoit on the floor with a chair though, so Benoit, instead of climbing down and going through the DOOR, somehow comes to the conclusion that the only option is to go for a diving headbutt from the top of the cage. Did Benoit forget how to have a match that makes sense? Does working with Angle multiple times over a few months somehow make you retarded in the ring?

The end is near, with Benoit finally going out of the door, but Austin slams it into his head. Angle looks like he is going out the door, but thinks better of it, and for the first time in the match going over the cage makes sense (Austin can't be trusted). Angle wins. Yey.

Ok, now there are 2 sides to this match. The first is that its fun to watch. 2 guys with great chemistry going at it full force inside a cage, throwing big bombs at each other. On the other side though... you have pure retarded-ness. Angle sells worse than Gil on The Simpsons, the spots are there for no other reason than to have them (and I know, plenty of other matches have them for the sake of it too, but a lot of the time they can be explained, especially tag matches), and other than MOVES~!, there isn't much to this one.

So, overall, I DID enjoy watching it for nothing more than fun, but in terms of match quality, its kinda lacking. I'd put quite a few cage matches ahead of this one, but it sure as hell isn't the worst cage match ....

Rating: ***1/2

#5,857 ·
That cage match is one of the best I've seen. Pure entertainment and you can forget about logic in steel cage matches, to be honest, so might as well stop using it as an excuse to not enjoy a match!

And what do you think about the Benoit/The Rock cage match in 2000? I think it was stupid to have HHH and his friends coming out but Rock still winning.

#5,858 ·
But there are PLENTY of cage matches with logic to them. Then they went through a period of having them all the fucking time and were completely meaningless and couldn't HAVE any kind of real story to them because there was nothing to build a story off of.

Rock/Benoit cage match is alright, rate it lower than Angle/Benoit.

#5,859 ·
Angle/Benoit (Cage Match): *3/4

But damn, it's one of the most entertaining matches of all time. Top 10 easily. Sooo much fun.

#5,860 · (Edited)
But there are PLENTY of cage matches with logic to them. Then they went through a period of having them all the fucking time and were completely meaningless and couldn't HAVE any kind of real story to them because there was nothing to build a story off of.
I'm talking mainly about the whole "He could've opened the door instead of climbing" thing. There are so many times this happens and is completely illogical if you take it as a real competitive match (as opposed to being scripted), there will barely be any enjoyment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.