Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Comics and Graphic Novels Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old 09-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
Shining_Wizard1979
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Shining_Wizard1979 needs to take rep more seriousShining_Wizard1979 needs to take rep more seriousShining_Wizard1979 needs to take rep more seriousShining_Wizard1979 needs to take rep more seriousShining_Wizard1979 needs to take rep more seriousShining_Wizard1979 needs to take rep more seriousShining_Wizard1979 needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Comics and Graphic Novels Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issues_Sunshyne View Post
I soooo want to get into comics, I have tried. I need a buddy who will suggest his preferences on a personal level and go from there.

As I don't know anybody who read comic books, for me it's like jumping into a swimming pool filled with comics and graphic novels.

I will do my best to keep up with this thread and attempt to start somewhere, now this thread is new
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
I just recently got into comics.

I would go for graphic novels instead of single issues. Much easier for someone who's new IMO.

Just pick a character or such you like, and just pick up a character or two you like and go from their.

My post is probably a jumbled mess, but just post some characters you like and someone more experienced can help more.
Those are pretty good suggestions. Graphic novels are great (I like my single issues, as well, but they take up more and money to space, often end up being more expensive to read, and can be a bear to track down sometimes), especially for someone just starting out.

The list is pretty comprehensive, and while it narrows things down, can still be daunting. I would identify what types of stories or characters you may like, and go with those.