Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

326K views 7K replies 218 participants last post by  Notorious 
#1 ·
Preseason cranks up tomorrow and that means we're less than a month from games that count.

This is the best time of year.

#1,393 ·
re: NFL Thread: Week 2 - Peyton is gonna Manning

I watched a lot of that game and I was shocked how the Bucs dominated the line of scrimmage. This was a very bad run defense last year. They kicked ass this game. If Newton wasn't so elusive, the Bucs would've racked up quite a few sacks too.

#1,397 ·

Bears looked good once Cutler snapped out of it after that horrible start. When he threw that pick-6 early on, I said a lot of stuff to the TV and hoped Cutler took a long walk off a short pier into Lake Michigan.

RG III looked good, Luck not so much. However, Luck will be fine as he showed some promise. Griffin will come down a little bit, it's a long season.

#1,398 ·

Cant believe Ronde Barber is playing at 37 in the position he is at. He bro retired while in his prime I guess for no reason but this dude is still playing well. Wonder where he is in all time picks.

I really can't wait till later in the season. I know anything can happen but I wanna see Pats vs Niners right now. They have an amazing D but I would love to see what they can do against Brady, Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd and even Ridley. Now thats offense vs defense.

#1,399 ·

Patriots looked much, much more balanced on offense. I wonder if McDaniels will continue this approach. If he does, I might stop hating him. Balanced offense > one dimensional. Balanced offenses are far more dangerous and unpredictable and can adapt better.

Thread title should've been about Tebow.

#1,400 ·

Yes him getting that onside kick should be on the highlight plays.

Pats balanced offense will make them best in the league, I actually would love them throwing on every down because I really dont see how ppl can stop them when they are healthy and Brady gets time. But I know a running game will help alot especislly with the play action which Tom is deadly at.

#1,401 ·

Bears looked decent yesterday, Cutler tried to force the ball to Marshal way too many times in the 1st and looked horrible as a result. But when they finally started running more and passing around to other recievers then we looked awesome. If Cutler does that thursday I can see the Bears beating the Packers too ;)

#1,407 ·

'Source: MRI on Bills RB @Fred22Jackson's right knee revealed nothing conclusive. Could be 7-10 days before timeline for return established.'
So is he going to miss a game, 2? CJ Spiller would be so fun to watch at this point in his career as a featured back. He had an amazing day yesterday albeit from a very large behind margin. Leon Washington also single handily brought Seattle back in to their game. ACC reppin right.

#1,408 ·

Falcons overrated CB Brent Grimes ruptured his Achilles Tendon and is out for the year. Analysts will claim this is a "huge blow" to the Falcons, but really, it won't be. Grimes was franchised last year over MLB Curtis Lofton, who is now a Saint, and is playing on that one year deal.

Now to put my bias away, Grimes is an athletic corner who is known for making huge plays with his jumping ability. He is Atlanta's number one CB ahead of Asante Samuel. Samuel will now take over the number one spot and Dunta Robinson will take over the two spot.

#1,411 ·

Pats will have an unstoppable offense this season. Really wished Lloyd caught that first pass. Would have helped my Fantasy team a ton. Either that Bills new look D was overrated by many or Fitzpatrick made it easy for the Jets to score. I cant see the Jets being an explosive team.

#1,412 ·

Pats will have an unstoppable offense this season. Really wished Lloyd caught that first pass. Would have helped my Fantasy team a ton. Either that Bills new look D was overrated by many or Fitzpatrick made it easy for the Jets to score. I cant see the Jets being an explosive team.
The Pats still have no secondary...

#1,413 ·

Pass defense is a work in progress. Coach B needs to start Tavon Wilson over Steve Gregory. The flaw with the secondary at least from what I saw yesterday is giving up big plays, they seem fine on short plays but when the QB throws the ball deep is when they struggle.

Run defense is great and will be at least top 10 this year, maybe even top 5. BOOK IT.

#1,416 ·

no it is one game in the season. i guess we'll see how they do against a decent QB. As long as they dont give up bug plays they will be alright. Its hard to judge teams by Pass D anymore. San Fran has an amazing D and gave up over 300 yards passing to Rodgers, and their offense doesnt compare to the Pats explosive offense. If they can stop the run without giving to much help then they will be good at Pass D. Last year they were middle in the pack in points per game which is whats more important.

#1,418 ·

Packers offense doesn't compare to NE's? Okay.
no they dont. What Ridley did was great and i shouldnt expect it every week but if he gives them atleast 80 yards a week and doesnt fumble then that add a whole new weapon to the Pats offense. Brady was already one of the best performing a play action, imagine if they actually have a running game teams have to prepare for now.

And now add Welker, Lloyd, Gronk and Hernandez and yes i think they have a better offense than the Packers. Brady and Rodgers are elite QB's yes but Pats have the better weapons right now and just think McDaniels back will just help them even more. If you try to contain Welker and Gronk then you have Hernandez who can line up as a fullback, you also have Lloyd who can be a deep threat. Should have caught the deep ball by Brady yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.