Wrestling Forum banner

GFX Ratings Thread

221K views 2K replies 195 participants last post by  B-Dawg 
#1 ·
If you want to post a banner you made for tips, ratings and criticism. Please post it here.

#3 ·
Abk™;11990541 said:
Great. Want to hear thoughts on this wallpaper that I created a while ago. Where do I need to improve on and all..

Only thing I would say that isn't 'Rah, that's really good' is that Brock could be shifted over to the right (as you look at it) so that all of his fist is on the picture.

Could possibly add a glass cracking effect over his fist as well, as if he is punching through the 2d barrier of the picture, maybe have the shadow of his fist's thumb visible over the text of The Perfect Storm to add that 3d comin' atcha kinda effect.

#4 ·
Only thing I would say that isn't 'Rah, that's really good' is that Brock could be shifted over to the right (as you look at it) so that all of his fist is on the picture.

Could possibly add a glass cracking effect over his fist as well, as if he is punching through the 2d barrier of the picture, maybe have the shadow of his fist's thumb visible over the text of The Perfect Storm to add that 3d comin' atcha kinda effect.

Maybe he knows I had already done it, wanted to do it his own way and is playing on the 'Perfect Storm' theme more. I'd like to address the 'shifting to the right' issue as well. If I remember correctly, his right hand in the image is cut off and unless you have the skills to recreate the missing part of his hand (which i don't), you're forced to have it hit the edge. I really like this wallpaper though.

Ah yes! I do have constructive criticism, Brock is intense and a 'Perfect Storm' wouldn't be complete without some lightning. What I would have added are drops of water on the sig to make it look like it has a glass covering. ( Not necessary just an idea )

Like this:

Reactions: Steve Awesome
#6 ·
I keep forgetting I've had this tucked away in Photobucket for about a month now.

Pretty much what's happening here is a humorous yet horrific situation that wouldn't be a out of the realm of possibility, considering the way the WWE is booking talent-less morons as 'Social Media Ambassadors'. I made a small promo poster for the upcoming Raw World Tour in Dublin.

If you don't know who Jedward are, count yourself lucky, but if you have a morbid curiosity, this was the first time I saw them... Click Here (skip to 3:00)

#8 ·
The rain is great, I just thought it could be an option, that's why I said it's not necessary. Been playing too much Red Dead Redemption, probably, I like when the rain hit's the screen and leaves drops :lol

#21 ·
I like this one because everything just seems to be where is it should be and nicely blended. The Ambrose one is simply bomb and fits Dean's crazy gimmick, also like the Jeff Hardy one, but won't lie, kinda dislike staring at bright diff colors, but that's just bad on my part. But giving the Hardy pic a second look, the brightness/color pattern ain't too much, just your first 2 sigs in the post.

@Praetorian Guard, I'm not really a fan of the scetch filter if that's what you used (I've used it for drawings and now hate it) but I am a fan of the CM punk sig.

@Continuum Cool RAW feel to it.

Cool thread. (Y)

#13 ·
Hey guys...I recently started doing signatures after my brother (ChampviaDQ) started...so pretty recently. I get enough constructive criticism from him but I'd like to know what you guys think.

I know it's plain and has no text, but it's one of my first ones and I like it. Maybe some ideas on what to add/change?

This Rey Mysterio signature is my pride and joy so far, I still need to add text and a border but it will be my personal signature once my brother gets Photoshop back.

This one right here is up for grabs if anyone wants it, just make sure you officially claim it just so there's not more than one person with the same sig.

~ PG

#18 ·
Right since we're keeping it in one thread, what are you guys thinking about my recent stuff?

- kinda pissed off this hasn't been used.
I use it, I used it for a while before using Champviadq's, like I said in my request thread I'll rotate them, seems unfair to use just one. Evolution told me about a website that rotates them automatically but I followed the instructions and it just posted a link in my sig, so I do it manually every few days, I don't post that much so perhaps you just haven't seen me using it yet, it's my desktop background as well.

anyway, I just made a sig for starbuck's request, it is my very first attempt at anything graphics related so I'm 100% aware it needs improvement, be harsh as possible, that way I can improve more.

#16 · (Edited)
Last sig for the foreseeable future. Got a couple of projects going in the real world, one of them designing for my friend's clothing company. Pretty stoked, It's always nice to make money doing what you love, next best thing to being a gigolo.

EDIT: My younger brother Praetorian Guard will for sure keep making sigs to gain experience, although he's been busy making 'cover photos' for his friend's on Facebook, lol.

#28 ·
wwecruz, search on Google for tutorials, pretty sure you'll get a ton of them. Select the ones you can do, no rush. I'm no master myself but just like Sofa, I'm satisfied with what I can do. Started last year and I've been getting better and better with any graphic that I make.

#30 ·
Would like some ratings for my contest entries:

9/10 I love those blue and yellow shapes in the background. It looks awesome overall. I can't tell what it is that I think needs to be changed right now, so I'm probably sounding like a bit of a dick not giving it 10. Haha.

8/10 Blue and orange look awesome together. I love everything, but the Halo text and the rectangle around SofaKing.

8/10 The text looks better, because they're both the same, just different colours. The black background is kinda boring though.
I'd love some feedback on these.

#32 · (Edited)
I don't have much to say about the two pics as I feel they're okay. However, I don't think that the smaller Natie pic in the second sig fits in well though but that's just me. Other than that everything seems fine. You could do with adding more vibrance/saturation or contrast too.

Thoughts on this, anyone?

#34 · (Edited)
Yes, I know it obviously needs a text. Wanted to put it up and ask anyone willing to pick it up what he'd like in it. I'll add a text and post later.

About your Nirvana sig, I've no clue about what they're like because I'm not into music etc so I don't really know what theme fits well and whatnot. From what I've seen though, the center pic could have been positioned a bit higher and the background feels somewhat empty.

#35 ·
Yes, I know it obviously needs a text. Wanted to put it up and ask anyone willing to pick it up what he'd like in it. I'll add a text and post later.

About your Nirvana sig, I've no clue about what they're like because I'm not into music etc so I don't really know what theme fits well and whatnot. From what I've seen though, the center pic could have been positioned a bit higher and the background feels somewhat empty.
Ah, right. Yeah, if you add the right text, it'll look awesome.

And thanks. Probably didn't blend the background well enough, I had like 10 different background layers, there was a flame, a thing with a book, and stuff. Ugh, it looks a lot worse than I thought.. I made it really late at night, so I thought it was a masterpiece, but then you wake-up.

#39 · (Edited)
I made this for a request and I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of graphics so I'd appreciate feedback. Be harsh as you can but keep in mind it's only my second attempt :p

*image*
It's hard to rate because there's no background really, no effects....you've done a baseball card-esc theme so there's been no cutting. Text is bare(I'm hopeless at text too :( )

Firstly find a picture on google and mess around with it till you find something pretty, pop a picture on it and cut it out, then add some text. That's how I started. Don't use pre cut renders, practice cutting first.

Then start looking at tutorials. Then just extract steps from different tuts till you find your own cool effects, style & stuff.

#41 ·
Abk™;12091466 said:
After adding text, here's what my Randy sig looks like..

Kingfunkel, what you said is true, but seeing it's ONLY his second attempt, I thought I'd overlook it :eek:
Alway make text part of the sig when you're making it. It shouldn't be an afterthought, that's clearly just laid over the top and you've tried to match the colours up.

On another note, what do people think...

Green or Red?

#53 ·
Thanks for the text tip. I'll adopt it next time. What do you think about the placement? I went through a tutorial and implemented what I learnt for the text placement. Wanna know your thoughts on it.

On your Ryback sig, Green's better slightly. They're both top notch and one of your best works I've seen.

going to have a look round the net at the weekend to see if I can find some useful ones for you guys, will post them in the resource thread.
(Y)

:yes

If only guys like Shady, booned and the other greats would do the same and help with tips like you, we'd be brilliant in no time.

#45 ·
Always keep text simple.

Never change the opacity of text, just change the colour, it just looks better.

The only effects I tend to use are drop shadow, various size/depth depending on what I want from it. And colour overlay/gradient map. The ryback text has a small inner glow in a darker colour with a bit of noise added.

Never use pre-eroded fonts, use a complete font, and erode it yourself.

Text shouldn't be the last layer of a sig you do.

When making stuff I tend to go with sorting the layout of the main cut/cuts first, then background, text, blending(shadows/outerglows(ALWAYS darker), then add textures/minor brushing, then play around with the colouring, contrast etc.

I was horrendous with text when I first started.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.