Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #6566 (permalink)
Matt_Yoda
Little Poppa Pump

Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRulz View Post
A lot of people said this recently, but can anyone explain why? I never really peid attention to them, I believe I watched like 2 random shows, and 10ish random "big" matches.
In a nutshell, IWA-MS was a hotbed promotion where a lot then future prominent indy talent got started in some capacity and they put some prominent matches during their time. The main issue with IWA-MS was Ian Rotten, dude had horrible business practices, some questionable booking decisions and from his relationship with Mickie Knuckles, the whole JC Bailey deal and other stories, as its booker and representative it put IWA-MS in a bad light.
____

REVIEW:

Kevin Steen vs. Davey Richards- ROH World Championship | Anything Goes Match
ROH Best in the World 2012: Hostage Crisis

-Since DBDX is coming I thought I'd give this match a second look and I must say it came off much better this time than the last time. Davey was absolutely gold here, Steen performed well and while the commentary was overbearing at times, very entertaining. It was chaotic but the good kind, with lots of big brutal spots, solid back and forth brawl and they still managed to tell a good story within the context of the match itself. Steen winning with the package piledriver was a great way to end the match. Oh, the "we want fire" chant was stupid. This may very well be one of my favorite ROH matches this year now.

I also want to add that I wish to see Kevin Steen stop taking these brutal bumps, while in this match it was understandable I'd wish he'd work safer. The guy is 26 Years old with a wife and kid and he is to talented to throw all that away for some hardcore spot pops. Moderation > Saturation.

EDIT:
Briscoe Brothers vs. Kings of Wrestling- ROH World Tag Team Championship
ROH Big Bang 2010

-I have special memories of this match, I watched it live on iPPV and I remember my friend blowing a gasket because The Briscoes lost the straps after just finally winning them and of course Jay puking. This was a great tag match, lots of back and forth really good pacing I must say and it didn't really drag other than a few pockets. Hero fucking spammed the elbows but at least he kept in check for most of the match. All four guys worked really hard to make to this match special. Great stuff.
_______

Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Super Dragon & Excalibur- CZW vs. IWS
CZW Cage of Death VI

-Really solid crusierweight style tag match that got a lot of time. Good back and forth while making sure to emphasize the feud between Steen and Dragon, and Dragon was super over (sorry for the pun). Dragon acts like an absolute douchebag during his control segments on the neutralized Generico lol. Some really good spots like the Tricolor Suplex by Super Dragon, Steen curbstomping Dragon, the slingshot Flatliner and the sick Spider Suplex/Flipping Van Terminator spot. Excalibur sold the Turnbuckle Brainbuster like he died lol. Just a great tag match all around.

Just want to say yet again that OMFG Kevin Steen was a beast in CZW and further solidifies that if it wasn't for CZW ROH wouldn't have given Steenerico another chance.

I for Matt Hardy (A Matt Hardy guy since '99):
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND

Last edited by Matt_Yoda : 09-07-2012 at 07:38 PM.