Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #592 (permalink)
Rock316AE
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO

Rock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clique View Post
Great post overall but I want to comment on this part. I guess it is their way of continuing the stories of the previous year. One is the big Rock/Cena rematch and the other is shifting the End of an Era + HHH/Brock feud to Taker/Brock. I agree with the two matches you listed are bigger attractions than the most likely scenario.

If I could have it my way WM29 is headlined by:

Rock v. Brock WWE Title with Mayweather as special enforcer
Cena v. Taker
HHH v. Punk
Orton v. Sheamus World Title
Mysterio v. Sin Cara

That's a big money and attractive card, plus Sheamus gets a big match for SD which I'm sure they want him in next year.
I can see why they want it in terms of continuity and why they might think it's the right thing to do but in this situation, they can't possibly think that their card is the best way to maximize all the star power they have. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit with that statement. They got the fresh matches in front of them without even trying. Especially that if they do the two Top matches they want, it's probably the most predictable Top of the card for any big event in history. I would love to hear Vince's argument on why HE thinks this card is better in any possible way.

The Rock, Brock Lesnar and Floyd Mayweather all in the same program You can always bet on this company to ruin the most simple thing and the overall excitement for the show.

If Floyd is wrestling. Rock/Taker and Lesnar with Heyman vs Mayweather with HHH is the biggest card of all time. Not that I expect it to happen, they already know what they're doing, Rock/Cena/ and Lesnar/HHH and as always, it's the worst options.
Rock316AE is offline   Reply With Quote