Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Greatest wrestler before Golden Age?

View Single Post

Old 09-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
ThirtyYearFan
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

ThirtyYearFan needs to take rep more seriousThirtyYearFan needs to take rep more seriousThirtyYearFan needs to take rep more seriousThirtyYearFan needs to take rep more seriousThirtyYearFan needs to take rep more seriousThirtyYearFan needs to take rep more seriousThirtyYearFan needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Greatest wrestler before Golden Age?

Not taking away anything from Bruno in that he was a tremendous draw. he was the best draw that the WWE ever had pre Hogan. However, it should be noted that he was mainly a northeastern attraction as opposed to the rest of the NWA territories. I can't remember the year but I do know the WWE broke way from the NWA somewhere in the 1960s. The NWA champion pre 1980s was the premier world title and it would really need to be a NWA titleholder such as Thesz or Race was among others. I would say that Thesz was the greatest wrestler pre Golden Age but others such as Gagne and Hackenscmidt are also great choices.
ThirtyYearFan is offline   Reply With Quote