Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 01:33 PM
ThirtyYearFan
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatBanana View Post
Gorgeous George helped usher the First wrestling boom period. Hulk Hogan helped kick start the Second and Third boom periods, whilst Steve Austin became the catalyst that turned the third into something really special. Whilst Lou Thesz became a wrestling innovator, inventing the powerbomb and german suplex, I would say the first 3 had the most impact culturally whilst Thesz had the most impact in the art of wrestling

But let's remember these guys are the faces of America wrestling, guys like Antonio Inoki, Tiger Mask (1&2) had great impact in Japanese wrestling and guys like El Santo, Blue Deman, Mil Mascara laid the foundations of Lucha Libre, Whilst Bret Hart became hugely influential for Canadian wrestlers/fans.
I think that is a superb point that the discussion is about American(United States) wrestling. I think when it comes down to it the most influential wrestler of and the one that personifies the NWA territorial days is Thesz. What I consider to be modern wrestling (post 1980) has Hogan as the most influential. Hogan and Thesz might just be the two biggest key figures in the history of wrestling.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome