Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Why are all the best gimmicks midcard gimmicks?

View Single Post

Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
BlakeGriffinFan32
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

BlakeGriffinFan32 BlakeGriffinFan32 BlakeGriffinFan32 BlakeGriffinFan32 BlakeGriffinFan32
Default Why are all the best gimmicks midcard gimmicks?

It seems to me that the most awesome gimmicks in wrestling come from people who are midcarders.

John Cena's rapper gimmick was awesome and it is much better than his gimmick now. What is his gimmick? I wish he stayed the rapper for a little while in the main event.

People say Damien Sandow's gimmick is good but it won't move him up the card. Yet this gimmick is absolutely amazing. I think he could definitely do some things with it.

CM Punk's straight edge savior gimmick was outstanding and so is his Best in the World gimmick since he moved on to the main event. Yet I have a hard time between choosing which one I like better.

People say they couldn't take Cody seriously with the Dashing gimmick but what would his gimmick be otherwise?

When people just be themselves in the main event, I don't always agree with it. The only person who appears in the main event on a regular basis who has any gimmick these days is Del Rio and even then it's not drawn out the way that it should be. If people in the main event have some sort of gimmick I think it can take some twists and turns and implement some interesting storylines.