Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official WWE 13 Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #1324 (permalink)
Arcade
Buried SCOTT STEINER

Arcade 2001 - 2500Arcade 2001 - 2500Arcade 2001 - 2500Arcade 2001 - 2500Arcade 2001 - 2500Arcade 2001 - 2500Arcade 2001 - 2500Arcade 2001 - 2500Arcade 2001 - 2500Arcade 2001 - 2500Arcade 2001 - 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggler Mark View Post
Universe was GOOD last year? I dont want to come off like a snarky asshole, but um....do you have low standards?

Injured guys interfering in feuds, the total randomness of feuds, no storylines to be followed, just a mime show of "OMG IM ATTACKING U, WE'RE FEUDING NOW". Pile that on top of the absolutely abysmal ability to "customize" a card, where you cant actually set a card from scratch if you desire. Then add in that guys on the free agent list would somehow snake their way into feuds, along with the absolute randomness to which feuds would occur (I literally had CM Punk start feuding with Triple H the show after they joined forces and were able to form a stable), and you've got just about the worst incarnation of a "GM Mode" in a wrestling game ever.

Let's not even get into the fact that if you want to change the MITB ladder match participants, the match loses it's MITB tag, and becomes a ladder match for a suitcase.
I don't expect Universe mode to have fully developed storylines, especially after playing SvR 11's Universe mode. WWE 12 improved on Universe mode by adding more cut scenes, editing the show, and allowing to have title matches anytime you want. I never had the free agent problem, but Road Warriors and Demolition kept feuding for the tag titles forever, and I had to set both of them as free agents. Many storylines I have going on in Universe mode aren't random either. If something happens like Dolph Ziggler attacks Orton after the match randomly, then that probably happened because Ziggler might be on Orton's rivals list.

I also had a pretty badass storyline with Wade Barrett returning from injury to attack Christian after then match, and have a best of seven series of Wade Barrett vs Christian, and the end of each match, a cut scene would happen, like Barrett kicking Christian's head into the steel pole. Somehow Otunga got inserted into the feud, by attacking Barrett and Christian during their match. The feud ended with a triple threat match between the three, and at the end, Barrett and Christian allied with each other to take out Otunga, and they are still allies. Crazy, but fun storyline in my universe mode.