Not open for further replies.

MLB: ONE WEEK!

126K views 4K replies 126 participants last post by  DesolationRow 
#1 ·
The Cubs are so awful.

Discuss.

#2,797 ·
notsureifsrs @ JM...

I'm not high on J. Up myself, but this is king's ransom for ATL. Upton and Chris Johnson, who is every bit as serviceable as Prado would be at 3B, for a high end prospect pitcher and an equal level 3B. Teheran and Delgado were supposed to be great prospects, so we'll see what happens with each of them in their respective places. Tremendous trade for ATL. Gave up peanuts for dollars.

#2,799 ·
Am I serious that Prado is a big loss? Yes. There's entangeables to consider well beyond whatever face value assessment that you just did.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using VerticalSports.Com App

#2,801 ·
Prado being in the last year of his contract benefits Arizona as well so I'm not sure why that contributes further to Atlanta winning this trade. Acquiring expiring contracts is never a bad thing. Especially when you have good young players or players in their prime.

#2,802 ·
It benefits Atlanta because they don't have to re-sign him, or get outbid and lose him, getting nothing in return.

Deal seems even for this season (unless Jup explodes for an MVP season). If the Dbacks can't re-sign Prado, and Upton achieves his potential, then the Braves raped. No way to know this right now though.

edit: I keep forgetting about Chris Johnson. It's advantage Braves when factoring him in methinks.

#2,816 ·
White Sox are hot and cold every other year. They'll win 85 then lose 85. Plus they didn't do anything to get better this offseason. KC better hope Shields pitches like the stud they're trying to make him out as and that others like Santana, Guthrie and Davis either positively regress or just overachieve. Cleveland has been crazy overachievers and I'd say has the least upside of the 4. Minny is trying to rebuild their pitching on the fly but their ceiling is probably 75 at most.

You enjoy your awards, too bad they didn't help you win the World Series.
You're right. It was great to see the Angels big money spending pay off in October when it needed to.

Oh wait :troll.

#2,826 ·
I'd happily sell all of you to Thai sex traffickers for the rest of your miserable lives if it meant getting Giant-carlo Stanton in a San Francisco Giants uniform. :mark:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.