Wrestling Forum banner

Which do you want as the 8th pitching category?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Edwin Encarnacion Appreciation Thread

193K views 8K replies 22 participants last post by  Stax Classic 
#1 · (Edited)
1. [user]Phillip J. Dick[/user] Castro's Cuban Dictatorship
2. [user]MrMister[/user]
3. [user]JM[/user] = BEDTIME DEFYERS
4. [user]Ghetto Anthony[/user] = Ga's Retirement Home
5. [user]TheShowstappa92002[/user]
6. [user]Aid180[/user] = Disabled List is More Right
7. [user]WWF[/user]
8. [user]RKO920[/user]
9. [user]Brye[/user] = Glenallen Hill
10. [user]Mikey Damage[/user] = WHY YOU SO BAD?
11. [user]William Murderface[/user] = Trout Season
12. [user]Perfect Poster[/user]

Commence.

$150 for FA. $0 minimun bid.

NEW 8X8 CATEGORIES

HITTING: Ks; BA; HRs; Runs; RBI; Steals; OBP; SLG

PITCHING: Ks; Walks; ERA; WHIP; Saves; Wins; QS; BAA

KEEPERS: YOU CAN TOTALLY THROW GUYS BACK. YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP 3 HITTERS AND 2 PITCHERS.

See less See more
#1,734 ·
re: WF Baseball Keeper League - Draft = Wed, Mar 6 @ 10pm CT. Lock keepers ASAP.

Why not batting average against for pitchers instead of holds? I'm shocked you're even considering holds after complaining about the instability amongst closers last year.

#1,735 ·
re: WF Baseball Keeper League - Draft = Wed, Mar 6 @ 10pm CT. Lock keepers ASAP.

I was complaining about closers?

Mikey wants complete games I think. I do not. I don't know, lets narrow it down to a short list and figure it out.

#1,741 ·

I love Quality Starts even if it is a IRL garbage stat. Not sure if that's already in or not.

I see that it is. I'm cool with any of those 3 you list there Flex.
Let me clarify: I am in favor of Quality Starts and Walks. The other three I listed were simply suggestions for the 3rd and final pitching stat. I should have been more clear.

I suppose we could go:

Walks
QS + CG
HRs allowed
(Y)

I'mma stand back and let you ****** figure this shit out and bitch about it when Spring Training rolls around.
There's the ole' man. I was wondering where he went.

#1,745 ·

I'm trying to think what's a better representative between BA against and HR allowed.

HR allowed is affected greatly by where you play. BA against kinda is too though between pitchers/hitters parks but not as much. I'm not sure we really need to focus so much around how many guys a pitcher doesn't get out though. Walks/WHIP and BAA? It's a tough one. That's kinda why I like holds :side:.

#1,747 ·

hhmmmm. here are all the options....

Earned Run Average* (ERA)
Strikeouts (K)
Walks plus Hits Per Innings Pitched* (WHIP)
Wins (W)
Saves (SV)

On Base Pct Against (OBA)
Quality Starts (QS)
Losses* (L)
Home Runs Allowed* (HRA)
Holds (HD)
Appearances (APP)
Batting Average Against* (BAA)
Walks Issued* (BBI)
Blown Saves* (BS)
Complete Games (CG)
Earned Runs* (ER)
Games Started (GS)
Hits Allowed* (HA)
Hit Batsmen* (HB)
Innings Pitched (IP)
Strikeouts / Walks (K/BB)
Saves + Holds (SVHD)
Strikeouts per 9 Innings (K/9)
Batters Faced (BF)
Runs Allowed* (RA)
Shutouts (SO)
Save Opportunities (SOP)
Save Pct (SV%)
Pitch Count (PC)
Team Win (PTW)
Win Pct (WIN%)

HR allowed is different, and doesn't really have a comparable stat. I guess I prefer that over .BAA. I would be okay with .BAA, though. But I'm more with JM, as fucking annoying as holds are, at least it's a different position (middle relievers). HRA or .BAA is just another stat for starters, and then closers.

#1,748 ·

Let's just do one of the stats that isn't Holds. If we're insane about 8x8, we can replace Holds in next year. I really don't want to chase saves AND holds. At least not this year when we're already transitioning from 5x5 to 8x8.

#1,752 ·

That's the signature Phil Coke fingerpoint. Any time a ball is hit in the air, even if it is gonna drop, COKE goes right up with the one finger.

And it's after they won the ALCS. And he's not retarded. He was just entering into COKE mode, which is a higher form of BEAST mode.

#1,753 ·

Aid are you actually going to keep Wil Myers? I mean he's going to be great most likely but a 5th rounder or less for him?

Flex, I think you mentioned you're contemplating moving STANTON. What kinda insanity do you want for him?

#1,755 ·

Aid are you actually going to keep Wil Myers? I mean he's going to be great most likely but a 5th rounder or less for him?

Flex, I think you mentioned you're contemplating moving STANTON. What kinda insanity do you want for him?
I might. He's got some crazy potential if he starts. It doesn't hurt to pick him up though if I do decide to keep him.

#1,754 ·

Nothing insane per say. I'm actually willing to part with one of the top sluggers for a mid grade hitting keeper and a draft pick. Not necessarily a round 6, 7 or 8, but something high middle.

#1,758 ·

I think it's a smart choice for Aid. Opportunity cost is low for him. He's not missing out on much by not keeping Holliday, Bourn or Aramis. They can be had mid draft.

#1,759 ·

That and I have two 6th (2nd Overall), two 10th, and five 14th round picks at the expense of my 7, 12, 15, 16, 17, and 22 round picks. I can afford to risk it.

#1,761 ·

If anything, whether I keep him or not, no one will get the opportunity to keep him unless I decide to trade him or drop him before the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.