Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2012 King of Be The Booker Thread!

View Single Post

Old 09-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
KingRo™
No worries, I'll dance myself sober.

KingRo™ needs to make some friendsKingRo™ needs to make some friendsKingRo™ needs to make some friendsKingRo™ needs to make some friendsKingRo™ needs to make some friendsKingRo™ needs to make some friendsKingRo™ needs to make some friendsKingRo™ needs to make some friendsKingRo™ needs to make some friendsKingRo™ needs to make some friends
Default 2012 King of Be The Booker Thread!

2012 King Of BTB Tournament
QUALIFYING ROUND

Quote:
As with last year’s King of BTB Tournament, we ask that users please DO NOT post in this thread. Only the judges will be allowed to do so, if you would like to discuss the tournament, it should be done in the KoBTB Discussion Thread. With that said, let’s move on to the tournament!
First and foremost, THANK YOU. Even this early into the game, the tournament is already looking good. We have a wonderful set of talented bookers competing – which is sure to make this a very competitive and exciting battle to the finish. With that said, we are left with the daunting task of sifting through all the signees to see which of you will compete in the actual King of BTB tournament – hence this qualifying round! The qualifying round will be very simple, yet will provide the judges with a solid idea of who has the biggest and baddest chops for competition. It will consist of only ONE challenge, and the entries will be judged by the judges based on the criteria you’ll find further below.

QUALIFYING ROUND CHALLENGE;
Write a Full Wrestlemania Entrance For Any Current/Former Main-Event WWE Superstar
- Unlimited Length

DEADLINE;
September 11, 2012 @ 12:01 AM EST. Because this is the qualifying round, there will be NO extensions or excuses; this deadline MUST BE MET. If you have not submitted your entry before the given date and time, you will be disqualified and dismissed from the tournament. Also, in order to allow this tournament to go as quickly and smoothly as possible, we ask that you please DO NOT wait until the last minute to submit your entry. Your judges thank you!

SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY;
All entries for the qualifying round and the remainder of the tournament should be sent in a private message to me, KingRo™, and I will forward them to the other judges as I get them.

JUDGING CRITERIA;
All entries for the qualifying round will be judged by the following criteria on a scale of 1 to 10;

Quote:
» Creativity; The hinge of all good booking, hands down. Nobody wants to see the same thing over and over on TV, and they sure as hell don’t want to read the same thing over and over. This is WRESTLEMANIA! It’s the grandest stage of them all – so utilize it! The grand entrances have become a Wrestlemania tradition. Everybody remembers when Shawn Michaels zip-lined to the ring over the audience, or when a hundred John Cena clones lined the ramp as he made his way to the ring. What can YOU do to make us remember YOUR superstar’s entrance?

» Description; Don’t just paint a picture, bring it to life! Mind you, we’re not watching TV… we’re reading text. Can you capture and inspire imagination through text? Of course you can. Description is KEY when writing shows in full; it helps the readers emotionally and mentally immerse themselves in what’s taking place ‘on screen’. What color are the lights? Did he take the stairs to the apron to get in or did he slide under the bottom rope? While these are good questions to consider, try not to leave any to be asked.

» Character Depiction; Did you properly depict the superstar you chose? Surely the ‘Deadman’ Undertaker wouldn’t skip merrily to the ring slapping hands with fans on the way to the ring, right? A wrestler’s entrance is more than just their arrival – it’s a perfect way to get across that superstar’s personality, mood, and attitude before a match. An entrance can tell a superstar’s entire gimmick (or “life”) within seconds.

» Grammar/Aesthetics; WudUWntToReedMyPostIfTHEYlukedlykeThis? I doubt it. Spell check is a beautiful thing. Also, the presentation of what your write format wise can make a huge difference. While the prettiest text isn’t always the BEST, if you have solid descriptive text with attractive presentation, you’re golden.
---------------------

Now that the criterion has been explained, keep in mind that this will be the criteria for the remainder of the tournament. Each competitor will be judged equally; and all bookers will have an equal opportunity to shine. The challenges will not JUST be matches and promos as with previous tournaments. It will be more challenging, and will be geared to bring the absolute BEST out of everyone.

Speaking of bringing the best out of everyone... while we support creative freedom, all competitors will be expected to adhere to the rules below:

CONTENT RULES;
» All entries must be original. PLAGIARISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
If you are caught or reported copying another writers work you will be immediately dismissed from the tournament.
» In addition to originality, we ask that you please adhere to the "FRESH MATERIAL" code.
(No cheating and taking old pieces to submit. Our judges would like you to all to put in an equal amount of effort.)
» Unless otherwise stated, you may use any superstars you'd like.
Keep an eye on the challenge requirements though... as they WILL change every time.
» Be a good sport. I can't stress this enough.
We are all talented. And while we might not all win... we are all still winners. /cliche'
» HAVE FUN!

With that said, let the tournament begin! Remember, send in all of your entries to ME, and BEFORE the deadline. Failure to do so will mean dismissal!

------------------
CURRENT EVENTS;
------------------
"It's A PUNK Party!!"
WWE SUMMERSLAM HAS BEEN POSTED!!
(Click "Summerslam" To See The SHOW!)
==================
In case you haven't noticed, I'm a total mark for the Georgia font.
KingRo™ is offline   Reply With Quote