Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

View Single Post

Old 09-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Callisto
Convicted avatar thief

Callisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselvesCallisto has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

I have a soft spot for the man and I don't know why (I think he's kinda hot, but still).

I can at least respect the fact that he is by far one of the more rational Republican politicians in respects to LGBT rights, though I do believe his positions are strange. He supports anti-discriminatory legislation for the LGBT community and adoption rights for same-sex couples. He is even in favor of extending some marriage benefits to domestic partnerships, but is a proponent for the traditional heterosexual marriage and opposes same-sex marriage and civil unions. At one point, he supported the now repealed "don't ask, don't tell" policy. This honestly doesn't seem consistent with his self-proclaimed "pro-gay" stance (he emphasized that he supported gay rights in an interview with Piers Morgan), though I do agree with NearStark in that Romney is merely prescribing to the agenda of the Republican Party.

With that being said, this won't make me want to vote for him. I do also wonder why LGBT rights is such a polarizing issue in this country at this day and age.