Wrestling Forum banner

WWE 2011: Summer of Punk; Seasons Change

19K views 71 replies 16 participants last post by  Skairipa Bliss 
#1 · (Edited)
What if WWE hadn't totally dropped the ball on the Summer of Punk? This is my approach to the direction WWE should've gone. A lot of it will be similar at the beginning, but with a new and hopefully better direction.

Please Read

Summerslam is where I'll start, it will have some tweaked matches/results

Summerslam 2011

Truth/Miz/Ziggler (w/Vickie and Swagger)/Del Rio vs. WWE Tag Champs Air Boom/ Morrison/ Mysterio

Match is a big brawl and spot fest. It ends with Morrison getting the hot tag, while Ziggler tries to get the same to his only partner, Miz. But Miz drops off of the apron!! Miz simply walks to the back as Ziggler begs Miz to return. Ziggler then is hit with a flash kick and Starship Pain for the win. Following the loss, Ziggler is assisted to his feet by Vickie. Swagger goes to help as well but Ziggler shoves him away in anger. Swagger's face then turns sour and he decks Ziggler!! Swagger then tells Vickie that he is done!!

Winner: Air Boom/Morrison/Mysterio

Wade Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan

A very back-and-forth affair ends when Bryan makes Barrett submit to the LeBell Lock. However, in a very strange twist, the official disqualifies Bryan for "unnecessary roughness" for keeping the LeBell Lock too long! A replay shows that Bryan kept it in perhaps a split-second after the bell. Bryan looks around as if to say "You've got to be kidding me!"

Winner: Wade Barrett via DQ

WWE Diva's Championship

Beth Phoenix (w/ Natalya) vs. Kelly Kelly(c) (w/ Eve)

Beth dominates most the match, although Kelly avoids the Glam Slam throughout. The match ends when Beth gets Kelly in a single leg modified heel hold. Beth then repositions the submission and puts Kelly's foot on her own head! (See: Beth Phoenix vs. Melina, Royal Rumble 2009) Kelly taps out to give us a new Diva's champion!

Winner and NEW Diva's Champion: Beth Phoenix

Mark Henry vs. Sheamus

Big brawl ends the same as it did in real life, Sheamus getting speared through the barricade, and Mark Henry making it back to the ring, so the ref can count him out.

Winner via Count Out: Mark Henry

C'Lo Green performs. woot.

Winner: No one

World Heavyweight Championship

Randy Orton vs. Christian

Before the match starts, this happens:

The match is a brutal one, and much to the surprise of many Christian does not back down. The match ends with two ladders in the center of the ring. Orton is on one and Christian is on another. Orton grabs his head, looking for an RKO OFF THE LADDER!! Christian desperately grabs Orton's arms and hooks him and hits a KILLSWITCH OFF THE LADDER!!!! Christian covers Orton and gets the shocking win!

Winner and STILL World Heavyweight Champion: Christian

WWE Championship Unification Match

Special Referee: Triple H

CM Punk vs. John Cena

Very competitive match. The fans are probably about 70-30 in favor of Punk. The match ends when Cena hits his 2nd Attitude Adjustment. Cover!

Punk kicks out!!

3!!

HHH counts the pin any way!

Winner and Undisputed WWE Champion: John Cena

HHH immediately exits the ring, Punk looks furious, and Cena looks genuinely confused as Summerslam goes off the air.....

ROSTERSRAW

Commentators: Jim Ross, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler

Alberto Del Rio (Mr. Money in the Bank) (Injured)

Alex Riley

Brodus Clay (Inactive)

CM Punk

David Otunga

Dolph Ziggler (United States Champion)

Drew McIntyre

Evan Bourne (WWE Tag Team Champion)

Jack Swagger

John Cena (WWE Champion)

John Morrison

JTG

Kofi Kingston (WWE Tag Team Champion)

Michael McGuillicutty

Primo

R-Truth

Rey Mysterio (Injured)

Santino Marella

The Miz

Tyler Reks

Zack Ryder

Smackdown

Commentators: Matt Striker, Josh Mathews, and Booker T

Big Show (Injured)

Cody Rhodes (Intercontinental Champion)

Christian (World Heavyweight Champion)

Daniel Bryan

Goldust

Heath Slater

Jey Uso

Jimmy Uso

Jinder Mahal

Johnny Curtis

Justin Gabriel

Kane (Injured)

Mark Henry

Randy Orton

Sheamus

Sin Cara

Ted DiBiase

Trent Barretta

Tyson Kidd

The Undertaker (Inactive)

Wade Barrett

William Regal (Semi-Active)

Yoshi Tatsu

Divas

(All divas are inter-branded)

Alicia Fox

Beth Phoenix (WWE Women’s Champion)

Brie Bella Eve

Kaitlyn

Kelly Kelly

Kharma (Pregnant)

Layla (Injured)

Maryse

Natalya

Nikki Bella

Tamina

TAG TEAMS

Air BOOM! (Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston)

David Otunga & Michael McGuillicutty

Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

The Usos (Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso)

Beth Pheonix & Natalya

Kelly Kelly & Eve

MANAGERS

Abraham Washington: Jack Swagger

Ricardo Rodriguez: Alberto Del Rio

Vickie Guerrero: Dolph Ziggler

Michael Hayes: Tyson Kidd

AUTHORITY FIGURES

Triple H (COO)

John Laurenitis (Executive VP of Talent Relations/ Assistant to the COO)

Theodore Long (Smackdown General Manager)

CHAMPIONS

RAW Champions

WWE Champion: John Cena

United States Champion: Dolph Ziggler

Smackdown! Champions

World Heavyweight Champion: Christian

Intercontinental Champion: Cody Rhodes

Inter-brand Champions (Can appear on either show)

WWE Tag Team Champions: Air Boom (Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne)

WWE Women’s Champion: Beth Phoenix

See less See more
#15 ·
WWE News & Notes

- Jack Swagger's new alliance with Abraham Washington is indeed leading to a revised gimmick for the All-American American..
OOC: Swagger's new gimmick will be heavily based around Gene_Wilder's idea for the gimmick. He has given me permission to use it..

- Rey Mysterio's has been injured for quite a few weeks now. The good news is Rey will only be taking a few weeks off as he has found out he will not need surgery..

- Someone who wasn't so lucky was Alberto Del Rio. Del Rio wasn't on Raw last week due to a concussion he suffered at Summerslam. On Raw this past week, Del Rio suffered a major concussion. WWE.com is reporting that it is due to Punk's assault at the end of Raw, however word is it was actually caused by a kick from Rey Mysterio. Either way it's clear that Del Rio will NOT be competing at Night of Champions. There is also talk that due to Del Rio's injury and Triple H's feeling of Daniel Bryan that the MITB concept may be dropped, but this is most likely just talk..

- Speaking of Bryan, fan chants of his name were not only heard but were rather loud at points. #WeWantBryan was once again trending on Twitter as well..

#17 · (Edited)
Preview

Smackdown!
Calgary, Alberta; Canada
August 26, 2011

FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT

Smackdown heads to the great White North for a very eventful show in which we will find out who the final two qualifiers for the Four Way World Heavyweight Championship Scramble match..

- First, last week the Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes continued his roll he has been on. However, this was not the same Cody Rhodes we had grown familiar with. This was the self-proclaimed "new and improved" Cody Rhodes. After a quick victory over Johnny Curtis, Cody Rhodes demanded a qualifying match for the World Heavyweight Championship Scramble. Be careful what you ask for, because Cody did get his qualifying match this week, however, he will face the "Apex Predator" Randy Orton! Orton is already angry about losing to the current champion, Christian, at Summerslam; can the "Apex Predator" translate that anger into success? Or will Cody Rhodes continue his rocket to the top?

- The other qualifying match will feature Ezekiel Jackson, who has been on quite a roll this summer including winning the Intercontinental Championship. However, if one person has been on a bigger roll on Smackdown it would be his opponent, Mark Henry. Will Mark Henry continue his dominance or can Big Zeke be the first person to stop the locomotive that is "The World's Strongest Man"

- Also a very special guest will be on Smackdown in the form of WWE Hall of Famer and Canadian icon, Bret Hart. What will the Hitman do on Smackdown?

- Another Canadian icon is the World Heavyweight Champion, Christian, who has requested and been granted to address his fellow countrymen at the top of the show. How will the Canadian fans react to "Captain Charisma's apparent change of heart?

- Finally, the Chickbusters will take on Alicia Fox & Tamina. Can the Chickbusters finally defeat their rivals or will Fox & Tamina continue their domination over the up-and-comers..

Confirmed for Smackdown

Qualifying match for the World Heavyweight Championship Scramble match
Cody Rhodes vs. Randy Orton

Qualifying match for the World Heavyweight Championship Scramble match
Mark Henry vs. Ezekiel Jackson

The Chickbusters vs. Alicia Fox/Tamina

Christian to speak.

Bret Hart is here

OOC:
Will be up tomorrow..

#18 ·
Smackdown preview looks good, although it could do with a few more formatting edits to make it a little more aesthetically pleasing. Minor details. Also, I would recommend that you don't change the size of the text when posting shows. Your RAW was a decent show, just hard to read having to scroll down ten times to read one paragraph. You're doing great though, buddy... keep it up.

#20 ·
PWInsider.
WWE News & Notes

- For the third straight WWE show #WeWantBryan was trending Twitter as well as "We want Bryan" chants heard at the show.

- Believe it or not, there is actually talk about the possibility of making Wrestlemania 28; 5 hours long. The feeling is that Wrestlemania is expected to be a huge butyrate and after the disappointment of last years 'Mania, the higher ups want to give most of the workers both a spot on the card and time for their match..

- Christian is getting major props backstage for his promos and matches. This face turn just months after turning heel is viewed as being a very difficult thing to do, however, Christian is said to be handling it better than anybody expected him to.

OOC: The Damien Sandow promo from SM messed up on me so here it is..

#23 ·
Monday Night RAW Preview

"Answers"

RAW rolls into Tulsa; Oklahoma for what's sure to be an action packed episode!

- The COO of the WWE, Triple H is in the house for the first time since Summerslam. Triple H has a lot of questions to answer for be it the questionable ending to Summerslam or CM Punk's attack of Alberto Del Rio last week. One thing is certain, wherever "The Game" goes, controversy is sure to follow..

- Last week, R-Truth defeated Zack Ryder (albeit with help from the US Champion Dolph Ziggler) and John Morrison defeated Alex Riley. Tonight, Morrison and Truth renew their rivalry, with the winner going to Night of Champions to challenge Ziggler..

- Also last week, Beth Pheonix and Natalya brutally injured Eve Torres. Tonight, Eve's best friend Kelly must somehow remained focused enough to defeat the former Diva's Champion Brie Bella..

- Finally, as Air Boom prepare to defend their Tag Team Championships at Night of Champions, Kofi Kingston will take on his former rival Drew McIntyre. Can Kofi defeat "The Sinister Scotsman"?

Confirmed for RAW

Triple H will speak, live and in person

Number One Contender's Match for the United States Championship
John Morrison vs. R-Truth

Brie Bella vs. Kelly Kelly

Kofi Kingston vs. Drew McIntyre

----------

OOC:.
Anybody who gives my show a review will receive both rep AND in-depth feedback for your most recent or next show. Thank you..​

#24 ·
OOC: Remember any review will be repaid with both rep and an in-depth review of you’re latest or next show.

8/29/11
BOKCenter in Tulsa, Oklahoma

"Burn it to the Ground" hits to lead us into to RAW!

JR:
Welcome to Monday Night Raw, we are live here in Tulsa, Oklahoma!

"IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME"

**THE GAME**

The crowd gives a VERY mixed reaction for arguably the most controversial man in all of the WWE. Triple H walks on stage showing his face for the first time since Summerslam. Triple H takes a moment at the top of the ramp to stare out into the crowd. The COO where's a suit and his hair in a ponytail. He walks down the ramp, enters the ring, and grabs a microphone. The Game's music dies down, but the crowd’s raucousness does not. While some in the crowd chant "Triple H" others chant "CM Punk", and yes some chant "We Want Bryan!" Triple H smiles and opens his mouth to speak.

STATIC

**CULT OF PERSONALITY**

The crowd somehow gets even louder for the "Anti-Hero" CM Punk. Punk comes out and doesn't taunt, he just simply walks down to the ring and grabs a mic.

Punk:
Now Hunter while I have to admit I'm surprised to see you actually out here, seeing as apparently you're a busy man and all. I just wanted to come out here before you spoke so I could expose any corporate BS that you might try to sell to these people in Tulsa and those people at home.

The crowd pops and now nearly unanimously chants for CM Punk.

Punk:
Nonetheless, however, I am surprisingly glad you're here. Y'see I'm glad you're here 'cause we want some answers!

Another pop from the crowd as Trips speaks for the first time.

HHH:
We?

Punk:
Yes Hunter, we. We meaning me, these people in Tulsa, those people watching, and even a few guys in the locker room, who will remain nameless in order to protect their job security.

Hunter gets a cocky grin on his face.

HHH:
So what would you "guys" like to know?

Punk:
Well, for starters, why'd you screw me out of the WWE Championship?

The crowd cheers as Hunter keeps his condescending smirk.

HHH:
I believe Johnny already told you why, it's what was best for business. My job is to do what's best for business.

The crowd really boos HHH now as Punk just sort of laughs, fully expecting it.

Punk:
Come on Mr. COO, you didn't come all the down here just to tell us something you're little stooge told us two weeks ago. May I ask WHY it was "best for business"?

HHH:
It was "best for business" because the WWE needed a champion that would be loyal to this company and not go running to some low-budget Indy fed with OUR top championship. That someone was a man who loves the WWE more than nearly anybody I've ever known, John Cena.

Big time mixed reaction for this.

Punk:
Wow, just wow.

Punk looks out to the crowd for a second before continuing.

Punk:
That was the load of corporate BS I've ever heard since Vince McMahon claimed that "Bret screwed Bret"!

The crowd cheers big time.

Punk:
Why in the hell would I come back and defend my title and then just up and leave again? Hunter, I know you're obviously not the brightest guy, but even you're not that stupid.

The crowd cheers as Triple H's face is now a scowl.

Punk:
Just admit it Hunter, the reason you screwed me out the title wasn't because it was "best for business" for WWE, it's best for yourself. Let's face it Hunter you like the feel of John Cena's lips in your ass!

The crowd pops as Trips continues to glare.

HHH:
Maybe I don't want a champion who wreaks havoc and has to have his language censored. A champion this company can be proud to have represent it.

The look Punk's face says "spare me"

Punk:
Oh you mean like you were? I mean you really fit the corporate image, with your "oh so original" D-Generation X. I mean parents loved it when their kids yelled "Suck it!" at the top of their lungs and pointing at their crotches. What a role model you were!

The crowd cheers as Punk points out the BS.

Punk:
Ok, so you've already lied about one question. Question number two! (Punk holds up two fingers) Why do I not yet have my rematch for the WWE Championship?

**MY TIME IS NOW**

The crowd gives another largely mixed reaction for the WWE Champion, John Cena. Cena walks down the ramp and to the ring. Cena grabs a mic.

Punk:
Hey everybody, the Champ is here!

The crowd gives a large mix of boos and cheers.

Punk:
Well I guess Triple H's ass has gone too long without a kissing so John I hope you brought your Chapstick!

The crowd goes "Oh" as Cena just (pretends to) laugh.

Cena:
Actually I'm here for the same reason you're here for some answers!

Punk:
Oh how noble.

Cena:
Well Hunter give us some answers. Why hasn't CM Punk been given a rematch?

HHH just smirks before responding.

HHH:
You all wanna know why he hasn't gotten a title match?

The crowd answers "Yes!"

HHH:
Well, there are a number of reasons. Number one, I don't think I should reward a man who invades RAW and attacks other contenders because he can't get a title shot.

Punk rolls his eyes

HHH:
Secondly, and more importantly, one of my jobs is to sell Pay-Per-Views, and I don't know about you people, but I would never buy an event where I already know the winner. The fact is Punk you can not beat John Cena.

The crowd disagrees with this as Punk cockily smirks

Punk:
So you think I can't beat Cena?

HHH:
I KNOW you can't.

More heat for The Game

Punk:
Well if you knew Cena could beat me, why did you screw me out of the WWE Championship at Summerslam?

Cena looks genuinely intrigued as Triple H just stares at Punk.

Punk:
After all, if you KNEW I couldn't beat Cena, then why would you even need to screw me?

Triple H continues to stare at Punk as Cena looks bothered.

Cena:
Well?

HHH:
Listen I don't have to answer to any of you!

The crowd really boos as Triple H goes to leave the ring.

"AWESOME"

**I CAME TO PLAY**

The crowd gives yet ANOTHER loudly mixed reaction (Interestingly he garners more cheers than Cena) for The Miz. Miz comes down to the ring with a mic in hand. Miz enters the ring and stares down Triple H.

Miz:
Oh please cut the act. Cena you can make mean faces all you want but I know you and Triple H are in cahoots!

Cena just smirks and shakes his head.

Miz:
See Hunter, I know you weren't lying when you said screwing Punk was "best for business". Because, you see John Cena for what he is..... a walking advertisement. You know what half of the WWE Universe has known for years. You know that Cena isn't the best wrestler, he isn't the best on this mic, but you know that he is the most marketable.

Another mix of pop and heat as Cena looks legitimately pissed off, Punk is smirking in the corner and Triple H's face is a beat red.

Miz:
And why not? He's big enough, he's got half of the women in the audience ready to marry him, and he’s gullible enough that you could put him in any stupid outfit you can think of-

Cena:
Miz, that's enough!

Miz slowly turns to Cena with a shit-eating grin on his face.

Cena:
You'd better shut your mouth before I shut if for you!

The women and children cheer.

Miz:
Oh I'll gladly kick your ass like I did at Wrestlemania, Cena! Just give me a title shot, and I'm all yours.

Cena:
Wherever, whenever, Miz!

Miz and Cena begin to stare down

Punk:
Ladies, ladies, please. Now, Miz I admire you for coming out here these past few weeks and showing more balls than I thought you ever had. But if anybody is getting a title shot, it's yours truly.

The crowd pops in support of CM Punk

Punk:
But don't worry after I put my knee through Cena's head, I'll gladly give you a shot.

HHH:
No! You all seem to be forgetting that this is my show! This is my company! No one's getting anything unless I say so! And I say neither of you are getting a title shot!

BIG time heat for the COO

HHH:
But since you all wanna fight so bad, here's what I'm gonna do. Tonight, Cena you're gonna go one-on-one with Dolph Ziggler, Champion versus Champion.

The crowd cheers for the big match
Triple H then goes to CM Punk

HHH (Pointing at Punk):
And you're gonna go one-on-one with... him.

Triple H points at Miz! The crowd cheers even louder for this match. Triple H's music hits and he leaves the ring.

**COMMERCIAL**

We come back from to break at ringside.

**BORN TO SOS**

The crowd gives a good pop for the WWE Tag Team Champions Air Boom, as Kofi gets ready for singles competition. Both men do the signature thunderclap at the top of the ramp as their pyro goes off.

Cole:
Well two big time main events made by our COO here tonight!

JR:
Big matches indeed, however part of me has to believe The Game hasn't told us everything that he is up to.

King:
C'mon JR! You really think he used the announcement of those matches as a distraction?

JR:
I don't call him the Cerebral Assassin for nothing, King.

Kofi is now in the ring awaiting his opponent.

**BROKEN DREAMS**

The crowd actually gives some decent heat for Drew McIntyre (considering he hasn't been on Raw for quite sometime).

Cole:
Well as Kofi and Evan prepare for their WWE Tag Team Championship defense at Night of Champions in thirteen days against Michael McGuillicutty and David Otunga, tonight Kofi must face this man Drew McIntyre.

JR:
Interestingly, these two men feuded for the WWE Intercontinental Championship on Smackdown just last year and now Kofi once more has championship gold around his waist and meanwhile Mr. McMahon's "Chosen One" is at a cross roads in his career.

Drew McIntrye vs. WWE Tag Team Champion Kofi Kingston w/Evan Bourne

ENDING:
McIntyre puts Kofi up on the top turnbuckle and goes up to the second rope and grabs Kofi in a SUPERPLEX POSITION. Kofi however, begins to jab McIntyre in the ribs. McIntyre falls off of the turnbuckles onto his feet on the mat. Kofi grabs McIntyre in a front headlock on the second rope. Kofi leaps off for a TORNADO DDT- but McIntyre throws Kofi off! Kofi lands on his feet and runs toward McIntyre- BUT GETS A BIG BOOT IN THE FACE! Cover!

No! Kofi kicks out!

McIntyre pulls Kofi up to his feet, puts Kofi up on his shoulders in a fireman's carry position. McIntyre smirks before DROPPING KOFI ACROSS HIS KNEE GUT FIRST!! McIntyre stands up and cockily raises both arms in the air to the heat from the crowd. Bourne meanwhile smacks the mat in support of his partner Kofi, who is writhing in pain right now. McIntyre brings the slowly rising Kingston into the center of the ring before hooking him up and hitting A REVERSE STO! Cover!

No! Kofi kicks out again!

McIntyre looks up at the ref for a moment before bringing Kofi to his feet. McIntyre whips Kofi into the ropes and catches Kingston with a TILT-A-WHIRL- KOFI COUNTERS WITH A BIG DDT!! McIntyre gets spiked right on his head! Kofi stays on the ground tending to his hurt ribs before draping his shoulder over McIntyre!

3- No! McIntyre is just barely able to kick out!

Kofi slowly rises to his feet at the same time as McIntyre. Kofi throws some rather groggy forearms to the head of McIntyre. Drew stumbles back and Kofi sends him off the ropes. Kofi leapfrogs under and McIntyre bounces off the ropes again where Kofi leapfrogs over, McIntyre hits the ropes once
more AND RUNS RIGHT INTO A REVERSE ELBOW FROM KINGSTON! McIntyre uses the ropes to slowly rise to his feet in the corner. Kofi runs in and jumps for the KORONCO BUSTER- BUT MCINTYRE MOVES AND KOFI LANDS HARD ON THE TOP TURNBUCKLE! McIntyre follows up by punching Kofi hard in the back twice and going up to the second turnbuckle and hooking Kingston up for a back suplex. The "Sinister Scotsman" then goes all the way to the top AND HITS A BIG AVALANCHE BACK SUPLEX!!! McIntyre hooks Kofi's leg!

3- No! Kofi somehow nudges his shoulder up!

McIntyre is now very pissed off. He smacks the mat and screams at the ref. When McIntyre finally settles down he pulls Kingston to his feet and DOUBLE UNDERHOOKS KOFI'S ARMS! LOOKING FOR THE FUTURE SHOCK DDT! McIntyre turns his head toward Evan Bourne at ringside and smirks. However, McIntyre's cockiness allows Kofi to break Drew's grasp and HIT THE SOS!!

No! McIntyre still kicks out!

Kofi gets up holding his back as McIntyre rises to his feet hurt as well. McIntyre runs blindly toward Kofi with a clothesline- but Kofi ducks. McIntyre turns around and gets double-chopped down. Drew quickly rises to his feet and gets knocked back down with a dropkick! Kofi hits the ropes as Drew slowly rises up again. Kofi hits a SUPERMAN PUNCH! The crowd cheers as Kofi runs all around the ring before hitting the ropes, stopping to dance, AND HITTING THE BOOM DROP!! Kofi rolls up to his feet and claps his hands in the air as the crowd chants along with Kofi. "Boom! Boom! Boom!" McIntyre stands.... AND GETS NAILED WITH TROUBLE IN PARADISE!!! Kofi hooks the leg!

3!

Winner: Kofi Kingston

After the match Bourne enters the ring to celebrate with Kofi.

** POWER**

The crowd boos as were not even given a moment to show replays of the previous match. David Otunga walks out from behind the curtain.

Lawler:
Oh great what is this loud mouth doing here?

Cole:
More importantly, where is Michael McGuillicutty?

JR:
Well we know the two haven't been seeing eye to eye lately. But what is Otunga doing out here?

Otunga slowly walks down the ramp and it is clear something is more than meets the eye. Suddenly, MCGUILLICUTTY SLIDES IN THE RING BEHIND KOFI AND EVAN. McGuillicutty slides into the ring and tries to clothesline Kofi from behind- but Kofi sees him coming on the titantron and ducks! Evan hits a big knee to the jaw of McGuillicutty! McGuillicutty then turns around and gets nailed by Trouble in Paradise!! The Tag Team Champions' music hits as Otunga stands at the end of the ramp, his planned foiled, looking very frustrated not just with the champions, but with his partner as well.

-----------

A black screen is all we see we hear a crowd counting with the referee.

"1!"

"2!"

"3!"

The crowd goes absolutely wild.

Announcer:
The winner and new World's Champion: Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat!!

We then fade into the infamous scene at the Chi-Town Rumble where Ricky Steamboat has just defeated his hated rival Ric Flair for the NWA World Championship. Steamboat is handed the World Championship and holds it high for all of the Chicago native to see. Meanwhile, Ricky's wife brings his infant son to the ring as Ricky holds both the World Title and his child as the scene pauses on this image.

???(VO):
Even today it still gives me goose bumps.

The image now fades to a man standing outside an empty ring. The young man looks awfully familiar to the WWE Hall of Famer we just saw.

???:
That moment was the best of his life. He would always tell me that it was a close a perfect moment as he's ever had. Everything that he had worked for and cared about was within arms reach.

The young man pauses before continuing

???:
My whole life has been building up to my own perfect moment. Now I stand here closer than I've ever been to that perfect moment. I can't even imagine what it will be like when I have my perfect moment but, I do know one thing. When it happens I will bring my father into the ring, just as he did me.

The young man smiles

???:
I am Richie Steamboat, and my moment is near.
**COMMERCIAL**

We come back from break and see Triple H walking backstage. His face is still red as he approaches the door to his office. However, before he can enter...

???:
Hey, Triple H!

Triple H turns his attention and sees the man who jogs on-screen, Zack Ryder. The crowd cheers big time for the Long Island Iced-Z.

Ryder (breathing heavy):
I've been looking all over for you. Listen, last week-

Triple H holds out his hand motioning him to shut up for a second.

HHH:
Who the hell are you?

Ryder sort of laughs it off at first but then sees the deadpan on the face on the COO.

Ryder:
Are you serious, bro? I'm Zack Ryder! Anyway-

HHH again motions for quiet

HHH:
First off, I'm not your damn bro. Second, who in the hell do you think are? It's "Mr. Helmsley", you understand?!

Ryder:
Y-yeah, I'm sorry M- Mr. Helmsley. But last week I got screwed by Dolph Ziggler and I know I can beat him-

HHH:
Listen you had your shot and ya' lost. I don't care about any excuse you have. Now get out of my face or else you'll be lucky if you can even curtain jerk on Superstars.

Ryder:
But Mr. Helmsley-

Triple H ignores Zack Ryder and enters his office where we can see John Laurenitis waiting inside. The Game slams the door behind him leaving Zack Ryder very confused and very bummed out as the crowd boos Triple H's harsh treatment of "The Long Island Iced Z".

---------

**HOLLA**

The crowd pops for perhaps the representation of the Divas division herself, Kelly Kelly. Kelly, however, does not dance or taunt on the way to the ring. Instead she marches toward the ring determined and focused.

JR:
As you can see ladies and gentlemen, normal vibrant smile is gone from the beautiful face of Kelly Kelly and in its place is a cold icy look of anger.

Cole:
And the reason Kelly is angry is due to this vicious assault on her best friend Eve Torres, last week.

We are shown replays of last weeks brawl between Beth and Natalya with Kelly and Eve, including Beth screaming at Kelly, "I'm going to take out all of you bimbos, one...by one" and the subsequent brutal sharpshooter on Eve. Also shown is Eve being helped out by Kelly and several trainers.

We come back and see Kelly in the the ring glaring up at the titantron.

**YOU CAN LOOK BUT YOU CAN'T TOUCH**

The crowd is much more negative for Brie Bella accompanied by her sister Nikki.

Cole:
We can confirm that Eve's back was indeed injured last week.

King:
That assault by Beth and Natalya was absolutely uncalled for!

Brie enters the ring and looks a bit uncomfortable looking at the icy stare of Kelly Kelly.

Kelly Kelly vs. Brie Bella w/Nikki

ENDING:
As soon as the bell rings Kelly sprints toward Brie and takes her down with a Lou Thesz Press! Kelly grabs Brie's head and pounds it into the mat repeatedly! The ref finally pulls the former Divas Champion off of Brie Bella. Kelly brings Brie up to her feet and hits the K2!!! Cover!

3!

Winner: Kelly Kelly

King:
Oh my goodness!

Cole:
Kelly wins in record time!

JR:
I think it's safe to say we've never seen this side of Kelly Kelly before!

Nikki pulls her sister out of the ring as Kelly looks enraged. Kelly grabs a mic

Kelly (nearly shrieking):
Beth! Natalya! You can call me a bimbo or an idiot all you want but when you hurt my fellow divas, that's when you've taken it too far!

**GLAMAZON**

The crowd gives some heat for the Women's Champion Beth Phoenix and Natalya. Both women stand at the top of the ramp and Beth has a mic in hand.

Beth:
You don't like me taking out the trash, Kelly? Well too bad! That's the name of the game. You girls can't hang in the ring with women like Natalya and me!

Kelly:
Oh yeah! Well I have a rematch clause, so we'll see who can hang! I want my rematch in your hometown at Night of Champions. I'm going to humiliate you in front of all of your friends and family!

Beth:
You're going to humiliate me?! You've already humiliated me! You humiliate me every time I see you skip down to the ring in you're skimpy outfits with your fake smile. You humiliate me because whenever my friends or my family turns on their TV to see me wrestle, they see you and think that I am associated with you. At Night of Champions, not only will I humiliate you, but when I'm done with that, I'm going to end you!

Beth's music hits as she heads to the back with Natalya and Kelly mouths "Oh yeah? We'll see about that!"

-------

We go to the interview area where we see Byron Saxton.

Byron:
Please welcome my guest at this time, the United States Champion...

The camera pans out to reveal the interviewee

Byron:
Dolph Ziggler.

The crowd boos as Ziggler smirks with a beaming Vickie Guerrero at his side and and the United States Championship around his waist.

Byron:
Dolph, last week you cost Zack Ryder his match-

Dolph:
Wait, wait, why are we talking about Zack Ryder?!

Byron:
Well I just-

Dolph:
You heard the boss, he had his shot, and he lost, the end.

Byron:
Umm, ok. Well, tonight R-Truth and John Morrison face off in a Number One Contender's match for your United States Championship. Any comments on either of your possible challengers?

Ziggler:
What is there to say? You've got R-Truth, who is probably the only person (and I use that word loosely) I've ever seen lose an argument John Morrison whose physique while impressive, doesn't come anywhere close to mine.

Vickie fans herself as Ziggler flexes

Byron (confused):
Umm Dolph what does this have to do with-

Dolph:
Next question.

Byron:
Er, well tonight you take on John Cena. Does it worry you to take on the WWE Champion?

Dolph:
Worry me? Why should worry me? Y'see unlike John Cena, I haven't lost my title since winning it the first time. Unlike John Cena, I won my title without any help from a biased referee. Unlike John Cena, I have managed to keep my title in this company. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go prove that I am THE GUY to beat here in the WWE.

Ziggler and Vickie walk off screen

JR:
Cena vs. Ziggler, next!

A shot of every championship is shown as the recognizable voices of many WWE Superstars are heard.

Cena: I will never forget it....

Orton: I will never forget......

Christian: I will never forget.....

Triple H: I will never forget.......

Sheamus: I will neva' forget.......

Now shots of each man winning their first World title is shown accompinied by their voice

Orton: It was in Toronto; Canada

Sheamus: San Antonio; Texas

Christian: Tampa; Florida

Triple H: Ames; Iowa

Mysterio: Chicago; Illinois

Miz: Orlando; Florida

Swagger: Las Vegas; Nevada

Cena: Los Angeles; California

Orton: I became the youngest World Champion in history.

Sheamus: I shocked tha' world.

Mysterio: I proved dreams do come true.

Miz: I proved I wasn't just a reality star.

Triple H: I became The Game!

Cena: I ended a historic title reign.

Now a close up of every superstar is shown

Triple: It was the night I became....

Miz: The night I became....

Mysterio: The night I became....

Sheamus: Tha' night I became....

Swagger: I became.....

Orton: I became.......

Cena:.... A champion.

**COMMERCIAL**

We come back from break at ringside.

**I’M HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD**

The Oklahoma crowd gives some big time heat for the United States Champion, Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler, obviously, does not come alone followed by his manager Vickie Guerrero.

King:
Well here comes the brash and cocky Dolph Ziggler.

Cole:
You say cocky, I say confident. Say what you will about Dolph Ziggler but is he has the facts to back up his claims. He is the longest reigning champion in the WWE right now.

King:
Yeah, but John Cena is the WWE Champion which is and always has been the most important prize in all of this business, and I think Cena is going to teach him some respect tonight.

Ziggler taunts in the ring as Vickie applauds at ringside.

**MY TIME IS NOW**

For the second time tonight, the crowd gives a mixed reaction (though this one is notably less negative) for the WWE Champion, John Cena. Cena salutes before sprinting down the ramp into the ring.

King:
Wow, Triple H continues to impress as COO, eh JR! Another huge night of great RAW matches!

JR:
While I agree that it is nice to see such high profile matches tonight, it appeared to me that “The Game” may have been ducking some of the inquiries made by CM Punk, Miz, and even John Cena by making these matches.

King:
Oh c’mon, JR! I think Triple H did a great job!

Champion vs. Champion Non-Title
WWE Champion John Cena vs. WWE United States Champion Dolph Ziggler w/Vickie Guerrero

ENDING:
Ziggler has Cena on the ground in a side headlock. Ziggler then smiles before doing a very beautiful headstand while keeping the hold applied. The crowd gives Ziggler some heat for being arrogant while even applying a submission. Ziggler goes back to the ground and continues to wear Cena down. Cena sticks out his arm and begins to shake it inciting the crowd to clap in unison. Cena rolls onto his knees before beginning to elbow out of the hold and getting to his feet. Cena gives a Ziggler a big hard elbow to the gut forcing Ziggler to break the hold. Cena throws a heavy right hand at Ziggler- BUT ZIGGLER CATCHES CENA WITH A JUMPING REVERSE STO/SHOULDER BREAKER! Cena grabs his shoulder and stumbles into the ropes with his face grimacing in pain. Ziggler runs up behind Cena, jumps, AND HITS A HOT SHOT ON THE TOP ROPE BY GRABBING CENA’S HEAD AND JUMPING CLEAN OVER THE ROPES TO THE OUTSIDE! Cena goes down as Ziggler stays on the outside for a moment taunting to the jeers from the crowd. Ziggler then slides back into the ring and covers Cena!

1…….

2……….

No! Cena pops his shoulder up.

Ziggler quickly rolls to his feet next to the still grounded Cena. Ziggler does his signature taunt by running his hands through his hair before expelling any sweat, water or whatever hair product he has put on his head. Ziggler then leaps…. AND HITS A BIG ELBOW DROP!! Ziggler waits a moment before kipping-up beautifully. Ziggler smirks as Vickie claps at ringside while the crowd boos. Ziggler measures Cena as he begins to sit up. Ziggler runs in… AND HITS A RUNNING NECKSNAP! Ziggler covers!

1……..

2………..

No! Cena still kicks out!

Ziggler has a brief look of disbelief on his face before rising to his feet. Cena slowly rises to his feet, turns around, AND GETS NAILED BY A FLAWLESS DROPKICK BY ZIGGLER! Cover!

1………

2………….

NO! Cena kicks out yet again!

Ziggler smacks the mat in disbelief and frustration. Ziggler grabs Cena by the head and pulls him up to his feet- BUT CENA QUICKLY BREAKS ZIGGLER’S GRASP, KICKS HIM IN GUT, HOOKS HIM UP, AND HITS A BIG RELEASE FISHERMAN’S SUPLEX!! Cena covers!

1……

2………

NO! This time Ziggler barely kicks out!

Cena rises to his feet slowly in the center of the ring as Ziggler does the same using the ropes. Ziggler runs at Cena with a wild clothesline- but Cena ducks! Ziggler turns around AND NEARLY GETS DECAPITATED BY A HUGE LARIET FROM CENA! Vickie screams in horror as the crowd lets out a collective gasp.

1……..

2………..

No! Ziggler some how gets the shoulder up!

Cena brings Dolph back to his feet and irish whips him into the ropes and catches him on the rebound with a hip toss- but Ziggler lands on his feet, goes behind and HITS AN AWESOME BRIDGING GERMAN SUPLEX!

1……..

2………...

No! Cena pops out just before 3!

Ziggler throws a near tantrum in the ring. Ziggler begins to scream in the ref’s face that he had a three-count. Meanwhile, Cena rises up in the corner using the ropes for assistance. Ziggler sees this, runs toward Cena and hits a STINGER SPLASH…… RIGHT INTO AN EMPTY CORNER! ZIGGLER’S HEAD BOUNCES OFF THE RING POSTAS CENA MOVED OUT OF THE WAY! Ziggler bounces back toward the center of the ring as Cena slowly rolls onto the ring apron before heading to the very top rope. Ziggler stands up, doubled-over AND CENA LEAPS OFF THE TOP TURNBUCKLE WITH A LEG DROP-BUT ZIGGLER DIVES OUT OF THE WAY! Cena crashes into the hard mat below! Ziggler takes a moment to catch his breath before measuring the now rising Cena. Ziggler runs and LEAPS FOR THE ZIG ZAG….. But Cena counters with a modified snapmare! Ziggler quickly gets to his feet, turns, AND GETS A DIVING SHOULDER BLOCK FROM CENA! Cena then quickly hits the ropes again and hits another diving shoulder block! Ziggler again rises to his feet quickly and throws a drunken right hand, which Cena easily ducks and picks up Ziggler for a SPIN-OUT POWERBOMB- but Ziggler back flips off of Cena AND HITS AN INVERTED POWERSLAM!! Ziggler turns Cena over and covers!

1………

2…………

NO! Cena still fights his shoulder off of the mat!

Ziggler simply gazes at Cena with a look of disbelief on his face. The crowd is pretty crazy at this point as well. Vickie is screaming at ringside. Cena slowly and groggily gets to his feet and Ziggler runs in for a big bulldog- BUT CENA COUNTERS WITH AN AMAZING SPIN-OUT POWERBOMB!!! Cena rolls back to up to his feet and holds his hand up in the air to the mixed reaction of the crowd. Cena bends down and does his “You can’t see me!” taunt before hitting the ropes, AND HITTING THE FIVE-KNUCKLE SHUFFLE!! Cena gets to his feet and waits for the US Champion to get to his. Cena gets Ziggler up for the ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT…. BUT ZIGGLER SHIFTS HIS BODY AND APPLIES THE SLEEPER!! Ziggler is on Cena’s back with his signature submission locked in! Cena stumbles around the ring with his arms stretched out trying to find the ropes! It’s clear the WWE Champion is fading! Suddenly, CENA BACKS UP HARD INTO THE CORNER WITH ZIGGLER ON HIS BACK FORCING THE BRASH SUPERSTAR TO BREAK HIS HOLD! Cena stumbles forward exhaustedly onto one knee as Ziggler rests in the corner. Suddenly, Cena runs at Ziggler with a big shoulder thrust… BUT DOLPH MOVES AND CENA RUNS SHOULDER FIRST INTO THE RING POST! Cena pulls his shoulder out of the corner, grips his shoulder, turns around AND GETS NAILED WITH A FAME-ASSER FROM ZIGGLER! Hook of the leg!

1……

2…….

3-NO! Cena gets his foot on the bottom rope!

Ziggler doesn’t even react he just slumps to the mat, exhausted. When Ziggler finally does stir he slowly gets to stand up and waits for his opponent. Cena finally does rise and Ziggler runs up, jumps for the ZIG-ZAG… BUT CENA SCOOPS ZIGGLER UP ON HIS SHOULDERS IN A FIREMAN’S CARRY POSITION! Cena goes toward the center of the ring and THROWS ZIGGLER OFF FOR AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT…. BUT ZIGGLER LANDS ON HIS FEET! Ziggler quickly throws a SUPERKICK- BUT CENA CATCHES ZIGGLER’S KICK, TAKES ZIGGLER DOWN, STEPS OVER, AND LOCKS IN THE STF!!! Ziggler is flopping around like a fish as Cena pulls back on the hold!

……

……

……

ZIGGLER TAPS OUT!

Winner: John Cena

Cena exhaustedly releases his submission before celebrating though obviously in pain.
Cole:
What a match!

JR:
It truly shows what it takes to be a champion in the WWE!

We see replays leading up to the ending of the match

When we come back we see Vickie tending to a recovering Dolph Ziggler as Cena stands on the top of the ramp holding the WWE Championship in the air one last time before heading to the back. In the ring, Ziggler is clearly out of breath but still manages to scream, “I’m the best!” and pound the mat in frustration. Vickie tries to settle her client down, as Ziggler continues to shriek “I. AM. THE. BEST!” Ziggler stands and turns and GETS NAILED WITH A ROUGH RYDER FROM ZACK RYDER!!! Ryder came through the audience to get payback on Ziggler! Vickie screams as Ryder pumps his fist as the crowd chants, “Woo, Woo, Woo, you know it!”

**COMMERCIAL**

We come back from break to see an earlier today video outside of Triple H's office. We see recorded from a distance Abraham Washington shaking hands with both Triple H and John Laurenitis.

Cole:
Ladies and gentlemen, what you are looking at is the end of a meeting earlier between Abraham Washington, Triple H, and John Laurenitis concerning Jack Swagger's contract. WWE.com has confirmed that Jack Swagger has indeed signed a long-term contract worth, are you ready for this 10 million with 5 million guaranteed!

Lawler:
You've gotta be kiddin' me! What has Jack Swagger done to earn that much?!

Cole:
Well according to Abraham Washington this is a new and improved Jack Swagger. Speaking of which ladies and gentlemen, the following video is brought to you by Mr. Washington

Jorge Quintero's 300 Violin Orchestra plays as we see Jack Swagger working out in a dark room, his body silhouetted as clips of Swagger's accomplishments play in the background.

JR:
Right out of Oklahoma, this kid is has got it all.

We hear the rather distinguishable voice of the great Keith David narrating the video package.

David:
A former 2-time All-American...

As Swagger does push-ups we see clips of him at OklahomaUniversity in the background.

Striker:
Perhaps the WWE's fastest rising superstar.

Clips of Swagger's debut in ECW play as Swagger does leg squats.

David:
A former ECW Champion...

Clip of Jack Swagger pinning Matt Hardy to win the ECW Championship

Mathews:
Swagger has done it!

David:
A former Mr. Money in the Bank...

As Swagger does bench presses; we see his MITB win at Wrestlemania, in the background

David:
..and a former World Heavyweight Champion.

We see Swagger hitting the Gutwrench Powerbomb on Chris Jericho on his way to winning the World Heavyweight Championship.

David:
And now Jack Swagger is going to come back bigger...

Swagger hitting the Gutwrench powerbomb on Evan Bourne

David:
Badder...

Swagger making Big Show tap out to the ankle lock

David:
And better than ever!

The package ends with numerous Swagger highlights and then with a close-up of Swagger's eye opening ending the package epically.
We come back to ringside where Justin Roberts stands in the center of the ring.

Roberts:
The following contest is a number one contender's match for the WWE United States Championship!

"THE TRUTH HAS SET ME FREE!"

**LITTLE JIMMY**

The crowd boos the demented R-Truth. Truth walks down the ring mumbling all the way.

JR:
R-Truth qualified for this match last week albeit with some help from the United States Champion, Dolph Ziggler.

We see a replay of Ziggler costing Zack Ryder his match with R-Truth.

When we come back we see Truth in the ring seemingly talking to an accomplice only he can see in the corner.

**AIN'T NO MAKE BELIEVE**

The crowd pops pretty big for "The Shaman of Sexy" John Morrison. Morrison enters in slow motion and the fans blowing in his hair.

We are then showed a replay of Morrison defeating Alex Riley last week, via the Starship Pain.

When we are shown the ring, Morrison is taunting in the corner, before turning to face his rival

JR:
These two have a VERY personal rivalry that should really add to the drama of this match.

King:
Well R-Truth injured John Morrison months ago out of, in my mind jealously.

Cole:
Remember, the thing that made R-Truth snap was John Morrison defeating him in a Number One Contender's match.

Number One Contender's match for the United States Championship
R-Truth vs. John Morrison

ENDING:
A very quick paced match as one would expect with the two competitors in the match. Eventually, it becomes too much for Truth who rolls to the outside of the ring. Morrison however grabs the top rope and LAUNCHES HIMSELF TO THE OUTSIDE WITH A CORKSCREW PLANCHA- BUT TRUTH MOVES.... Too early apparently as Morrison amazingly lands on his feet! Truth turns and gets thrown by Morrison RIGHT OVER THE BARRICADE!! R-Truth slowly gets back to his feet JUST AS MORRISON LAUNCHES HIMSELF RIGHT OVER THE BARRICADE AND ONTO TRUTH!!!

JR:
Who will win this match and go on to Night of Champions?!

**COMMERCIAL**

We come back to see Morrison clotheslining R-Truth in the middle if the ring. Truth quickly rises to his feet only to be dropkicked right back down. Morrison quickly follows up with a BREAKDANCE LEG-DROP! Cover!

No! Truth kicked out.

Morrison pulls Truth up to his feet and hooks him up for a side Russian legsweep- but Truth counters with a hard elbow to the side of Morrison's head. Truth then hits a front Russian legsweep! R-Truth then takes a moment before rising to his feet and bringing Morrison to his. R-Truth hooks Morrison up, picks him up for a vertical suplex, and DROPS HIM RIGHT ON HIS FACE WITH A SIT-OUT GOURDBUSTER! Truth turns Morrison over and covers!

No, Morrison gets his shoulder up.

Truth shakes his head and then smacks it before rising to his feet. Truth brings JoMo up to his feet and hooks him up for a suplex yet again. Truth lifts Morrison up and HITS THE TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES! Cover!

No! Morrison barely kicks out!

Truth sits up and begins to mumble to himself. Truth then crawls toward the corner and begins to speak with his imaginary manager. Truth mumbles "What do I gots ta' do?!" Truth then nods and says "Yeah I tried 'dat!". Truth then nods again, puts his hand out and yells "Break!", as if to break the huddle. Truth then kicks the rising Morrison in the gut and hits the ropes- but gets caught off the rebound with a MOONSAULT SIDE SLAM!!! The crowd pops big for the amazing move by "The Shaman of Sexy" who covers Truth!

3- No! Truth barely kicks out!

Morrison slowly crawls toward the ropes, still feeling the effects Truth's earlier offense. Morrison stands using the ropes for support and sees Truth sitting up. MORRISON RUNS IN FOR THE THE KNEE- BUT TRUTH DUCKS, GRABS MORRISON'S LEGS AND GETS A SUNSET FLIP PIN!

No! Morrison rolls to his feet!

Truth rolls to his feet at relatively the same time. Morrison runs in for a clothesline- but Truth does a split to duck out of the way! Truth points to his head as if to say he's smarter than Morrison. Truth than turns AND GETS A SPRINGBOARD FLYING CHUCK TO THE FACE FROM JOHN MORRISON!! Morrison then pulls Truth toward the corner of the ring. Morrison grabs the top rope, SPLIT LEGS OFF THE TOP WITH STARSHIP PAIN- BUT TRUTH ROLLS OUT OF THE WAY! Morrison lands on his feet AND GET TAKEN OUT BY A LIE DETECTOR FROM R-TRUTH!!! Cover!

3- NO! Morrison somehow, someway kicks out!

Truth looks at the ref with a crazed look of disbelief. The ref emphatically informs Truth that Morrison indeed got his shoulder up before three. Truth turns to see Morrison clutching the ropes and beginning to recover. Truth turns toward the corner where his allegedly transparent friend stands and asks "Should I finish it?!" Truth then nods in understanding and yells out to the crowd, "K Y'ALL, I'M FINISHING HIM!" The Tucson crowd boos R-Truth's claim as Morrison uses the ropes to pull himself to his feet. TRUTH JUMPS FOR TRUE CONVICTION- BUT MORRISON HOOKS HIS ARMS IN THE TOP ROPE AND TRUTH HITS THE MAT HARD! Truth sits up AND GETS A RUNNING KNEE FROM MORRISON TO THE FACE!!!
Cover!

3!

Winner and Number One Contender for the WWE United States Championship:
John Morrison

The crowd cheers as Morrison celebrates.

JR:
And so John Morrison will challenge Dolph Ziggler for the United States Championship, at Night of Champions!

We see replays of the finish of the match.

We return to see Morrison celebrating some more.

----------

Backstage, we see a split screen of both The Miz and CM Punk walking toward the ring.

JR:
Well ladies and gentlemen; our main event is coming up next!

**COMMERCIAL**

We see the same dark room that Dean Ambrose was in last week. Ambrose sits on a chair in the center of the room, his face shrouded in shadows.

Ambrose:
I am the next natural step in the evolution of this sport. However, in order for evolution to occur, a mass extinction must precede it. The next step of the evolutionary chain is the one that can not only survive this extinction, but thrive in it. You see I'm not only the next step in the evolutionary process, but I'm bringing forth the mass extinction. Then natural selection will reign supreme, survival of the fittest. The fittest in this sense is not in terms of physique, but in terms of who is able to adapt to the environment. Trust me when I say that the environment of the WWE is about to change, very greatly. You may think I'm joking, but trust me.... I take what I do very seriously.

All of Ambrose's face is now illuminated.

Ambrose:
My name is Dean Ambrose... and the world as you know it.... Is about to change.
We come back to ringside.

"AWESOME"

**I CAME TO PLAY**

The crowd gives a mixed reaction for the former WWE Champion, The Miz.
Miz doesn't do much taunting during his entrance, instead opting to head down to the ring meaning business.

JR:
Well here comes the often outspoken Miz, who has called out WWE management over the past number of weeks.

Cole:
Listen JR, it's been well documented that I'm a huge fan of The Miz, but honestly his actions over the past few weeks have been absolutely ridiculous!

King:
It's not often I agree with you, Michael but Miz really needs to learn to keep his mouth shut!

Miz waits in the ring for his opponent.

*STATIC*

**CULT OF PERSONALITY**

The crowd goes absolutely wild once more for "The Voice of Voiceless" CM Punk.

King:
Speakin' of loud mouths, what place does CM Punk have to claim that he should get a WWE Title match with John Cena?

JR:
C'mon King! You know that Punk was screwed at Summerslam, and I don't about you, but it seems like something fishy is going on here!

Punk stands on the second rope and taunts, while staring down his opponent.

The Miz vs. CM Punk

ENDING:
Punk has Miz in the corner and runs in for a SHINING WIZARD- BUT MIZ MOVES AND PUNK BANGS HIS KNEE RIGHT INTO THE TOP ROPE! Punk grabs his knee and writhes in pain as Miz slowly recovers. Punk kneels with his head between the second and third rope while tending to his clearly injured knee. Miz runs up, jumps off of Punk to the outside, and HITTING HIS SIGNATURE HOTSPOT, BOUNCING PUNK'S NECK OFF THE SECOND ROPE! Miz then grabs Punk's leg that with the injured knee AND BOUNCES IT OFF THE OUTSIDE EDGE OF THE RING! Punk flops around in pain as Miz keeps a hold of Punk's leg. Miz jams an elbow right into the knee before dragging Punk onto the floor. Miz then grabs Punk AND TOSSES HIM RIGHT INTO THE STEEL STEPS!! Punk hits the steps so hard that the top half of the stairs get knocked off!

Miz rolls back in the ring and then out again to break the count. Punk meanwhile is laid out on the bottom half of the steel steps. Miz stand on the steps, grabs Punk's leg, AND SLAMS IT KNEE-FIRST ONTO THE STEEL STEPS!!! Punk screams out in pain and grabs his knee. Miz brings Punk to his feet and rolls him back into the ring. Miz covers!

No! Punk inches the shoulder up!

Miz grabs Punk's leg and kicks the back of his knee. Punk squirms away and heads toward the ropes for solace. Miz follows Punk but gets hit in the throat with a Mongolian chop. Punk hits another before sending Miz off the opposite ropes and catching him off the rebound with a SCOOP POWERSLAM! Cover!

No! Miz kicks out!

Punk takes a moment to slap his knee and try to soothe some of the pain. Punk rises to his feet as Miz has already groggily risen to his. Punk hits a spin kick to the mid-section of Miz. Punk then grabs Miz in a double-underhook AND HITS THE WELCOME TO CHICAGO BACKBREAKER! Notably Punk used his left knee on the maneuver so as not to tweak the bad knee. Cover!

No! Miz gets his shoulder up.

Punk brings Miz to his feet and sends him into the corner. Punk goes to the corner opposite Miz, looks out to the audience, and says, "Let's try this again". Punk runs in... but stumbles due to his bad knee.... AND MIZ HITS HIM WITH A RUNNING BIG BOOT!! Miz covers!

No! Punk kicks out!

Miz smacks the mat for a moment before calming himself. Miz gets to his feet, grabs Punk's leg, AND HITS A LEG DDT ON PUNK, HYPEREXTENDING THE KNEE! Miz hooks the bad leg!

No! Punk slips his shoulder up!

Miz slaps the mat again out of frustration. Punk is beginning to stand using the ropes again. Miz goes up to Punk, turns him around, AND GETS A ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO THE SKULL!! Miz goes down! Punk takes this opportunity to catch his breath before calling for the Go to Sleep! Punk picks up Miz on his shoulders.... Punk stumbles around due to his knee... But Punk gets his bearings and HITS THE GTS.... BUT MIZ BLOCKS THE KNEE TO THE FACE WITH HIS ELBOW, RIGHT INTO PUNK'S KNEE!! Punk falls onto the knee and Miz quickly hits the ropes, AND NAILS A KNEE TO THE SIDE OF THE HEAD INTO A NECKBREAKER! REALITY CHECK! Cover!

3-NO!

Miz cannot believe it! Miz now stands and measures Punk for the Skull Crushing Finale! Miz comes up behind CM Punk.... Hooks one arm.... But can't hook the second arm as CM Punk fights it... PUNK COUNTERS WITH A PEPSI TWIST! Punk then grabs Miz's head and arm and LOCKS IN THE ANACONDA VICE!!! Miz immediately begins to squirm and move toward the ropes. Punk pulls back on the hold!

MIZ GETS HIS FOOT ON THE BOTTOM ROPE!

The ref quickly counts forcing Punk to break his submission hold. Punk stands up and has a look of absolute exhaustion and disappointment on his face. Miz is exhaustedly sitting against the ropes. Punk runs at Miz- but Miz kicks Punk hard in the BUM KNEE! Punk falls into a kneeling position and MIZ HITS THE SNAP DDT!! Cover!

No! Punk gets his shoulder up!

Miz gets in the ref's face now holding up three fingers. Miz then goes back to Punk and sends him into the corner. Miz places Punk on the top rope and hooks him up for a SUPERPLEX.... BUT PUNK HOLDS ON! Punk punches Miz in the ribs a few times. Punk then headbutts Miz, knocking him off the top rope! Punk then gains his footing on the top rope, points his arms in the air, LEAPS OFF THE TOP.... AND HITS THE SAVAGE ELBOW!! Cover!

3!

Winner: CM Punk

The crowd pops big as Punk gingerly gets to his feet and has his arm held high by the official.

JR:
What a match and what an effort by both men!

We see replays of the finish of the match and the moves leading up to the finish.

We come back and see Punk celebrating in the corner. Punk drops down and SEES MIZ WAITING FOR HIM! Miz however doesn't attack, instead he and Punk stare down. MIZ EXTENDS HIS HAND! Punk looks puzzled and cautious as Miz says, "We've gotta stick together!” PUNK SHAKES MIZ'S HAND! The crowd applauds and then Miz then exits the ring. Punk then grabs a mic

Punk (breathing heavy):
So now that THAT'S out of the way, why don't we get down Triple H down here to give me my rematch!

The crowd cheers big as Punk waits.

And Triple H doesn't come out. Punk shakes his head

Punk:
That's fine, that's fine, because you just made the second biggest mistake of your career as COO. Your first was screwing me out of the WWE Title, now I'm going to come on this show every week and tear it apart until I get my rematch!

The crowd cheers the rebellious CM Punk

Punk:
I don't care if I have to come through the audience, hell I'll parachute from the sky if I have to! 'Cause I will not rest until I get my rematch and neither will you, Hunter!

**I'M ALL GROWN UP**

The crowd goes absolutely bananas as Stephanie McMahon walks out on stage!! Steph has a mic in hand as CM Punk stares at the Billion Dollar Princess, as surprised as anybody.

Stephanie:
Ladies and gentlemen, at Night of Champions; John Cena will defend the WWE Championship against....

The crowd chants "CM Punk!" as Punk himself looks on confused and intrigued. Steph herself has a bit of a smirk on her face.

Stephanie:
..CM PUNK!!

The roof nearly comes off BOKCenter as Stephanie's music plays.
Punk's confused look has changed into a smirk. While Steph's announcement has somehow raised even more questions, it has given us a major answer. RAW goes off....

the....

..air.

----------

Confirmed Matches

WWE Championship
John Cena(c) vs. CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship
4-Way Scramble Match
Christian(c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry vs. Sheamus

WWE Women's Championship
Beth Phoenix(c) vs. Kelly Kelly

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Cody Rhodes(c) vs. Justin Gabriel

WWE United States Championship
Dolph Ziggler(c) vs. John Morrison

WWE Tag Team Championship
Air Boom(c) vs. Otunga & McGuillicutty

#25 ·
PWInsider.
WWE News and Notes

- Daniel Bryan hasn't just been a prominent topic for the IWC, but backstage it was a major topic as well. Bryan has still not been used on TV since Summerslam..

- One of Triple H's big goals is to restore prestige in the tag division, hence the formation of Mantastic on Smackdown..

- Dean Ambrose and Damien Sandow aren't the only developmental superstars receiving large praise from WWE officials, Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli continue to impress as well..

- Thus far the plans for The Rock do not appear to be for him to wrestle at Survivor Series, but as always, plans change..

- Interestingly, CM Punk has passed John Cena as the top guy in merchandise sales. Also worthy of note, Zack Ryder has entered the top 5 merch sellers in the WWE..

Top Merchandise sellers in WWE
1. CM Punk
2. John Cena
3. Randy Orton
4. Christian
5. Zack Ryder

OOC:
RAW is still open to review. Remember any review for any of my shows will be repaid in kind for your most recent or next show. Any and all feedback is appreciated..

#26 ·
WWE.COM

BREAKING NEWS:
STEPHANIE McMAHON RETURNS WITH A BOMBSHELL ANNOUNCEMENT.

At the tail-end of RAW, CM Punk once again called out Triple H, requesting a WWE Championship rematch with John Cena at Night of Champions. It appeared as though "The Game" had once more denied Punk's request, when Triple H's "better half" surprised everyone in the arena by responding to CM Punk's request and subsequently granting it. Stephanie McMahon only.
said one thing, but it was a spark that has appeared to set off a powder keg of speculation. As usual, controversy has followed the McMahons..

One question many are asking is how Stephanie's husband Triple H feels about this. The COO had made it VERY clear that he was not going to grant CM Punk a WWE Championship rematch any time in the near future. Thus far, Triple H has not responded to any questions regarding his wife's return. Will "The Game" react to the situation on RAW?

Another question is why Stephanie would grant CM Punk a rematch in the first place? CM Punk's controversial comments over the past few months haven't earned him many friends within the McMahon family regime, especially with Stephanie. Punk has made no bones about the fact that he feels Stephanie is "idiotic" and that he and her do not like each other. Why would she give the man who has insulted her family relentlessly, what he wants?

However, while we don't know the answer to many things, we do know this: at Night of Champions, John Cena will defend the WWE Championship against CM Punk. The past two matches between the competitors have been classics marred with controversy. While it is no question whether it will be a great match, but whether the decision calms the controversial thunderstorm that these two lightning rods attract, remains to be seen..

#27 ·
(Special thanks to ChainGangRed for the graphic)
PREVIEW
“HIGH TENSION”
Smackdown comes from Wichita, Kansas to your homes with TWO huge main events! The four men in the World Heavyweight Championship Scramble match at Night of Champions face off with each other in singles matches.
Mark Henry has been unquestionably the most dominating force in the WWE over the past summer. Henry’s “Hall of Pain” includes men such as The Great Khali, Kane, and of course, Big Show. Now Mark Henry’s sights are set purely on the World Heavyweight Championship and as “The World Strongest Man” said last week, he doesn’t care who he has to go through to get it. Mark Henry kept to his word as he nearly inducted WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart into his Hall of Pain. Despite Sheamus disrupting the attack, Mark Henry’s message was heard loud and clear. However, if there is one man who is just as cold and callous as “The World’s Strongest Man” it’s the “Apex Predator” Randy Orton. Orton is not only one of the men that Mark Henry will have to go through to become the World Heavyweight Champion, but also his opponent Friday night. Can “The Viper” be the man to finally contain Mark Henry? Or will Henry’s vicious mean streak continue?
Speaking of Orton, he has been at odds with the World Heavyweight Champion Christian. Christian however is no longer backing down from Orton, even going so far as to slap Orton in the face two weeks ago, igniting a huge brawl that required many WWE superstars and staff to separate the two. Meanwhile, Sheamus has made it no secret of that he hasn’t forgotten about Mark Henry’s brutal spear through the barricade at Summerslam. Last week, “The Celtic Warrior” saved Bret Hart from an attack by Henry and then called Mark Henry back into the ring. Now both Christian and Sheamus must remain focused as they face one another this week on Smackdown! Will Christian continue to prove he deserves to be Champion? Or can Sheamus gain insurmountable momentum by defeating the World Heavyweight Champion?
Last week, Justin Gabriel won a Fatal Four Way match to become the number one contender for the Intercontinental Championship at Night of Champions. He promptly congratulated with a shot to the back of the skull from the champion Cody Rhodes with the prestigious championship. Gabriel would have his revenge, however, costing Cody Rhodes an opportunity to qualify for the World Heavyweight Championship Scramble match later that night. This week Justin Gabriel takes on Cody’s friend and protégé Ted DiBiase. Rhodes will undoubtedly be a ringside and looking for revenge. Can Gabriel overcome the odds and continue this roll he has been on?
During a Fatal Four Way match last week, the lights went out and when they came back on Sin Cara was unconscious on the outside of the ring. WWE officials are investigating the strange attack on the luchador. Also last week, Tyson Kidd not only lost a match to Christian but was also attacked by the Usos, who gained some vengeance on Kidd after “The Calgary Kid” attempted to injure Jimmy Uso the week before. This week, Sin Cara and Tyson Kidd look to bounce back when they face off in what should be a high flying contest.
After months of disappointments at the hands of Alicia Fox and Tamina, the Chickbusters finally defeated their rivals on Smackdown last Friday. This Friday, AJ will attempt to prove that the upset was not a fluke as she takes on Alicia Fox.
Confirmed Matches
Non-Title
World Heavyweight Champion Christian vs. Sheamus
Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton
Justin Gabriel vs. Ted DiBiase
Tyson Kidd vs. Sin Cara
AJ Lee vs. Alicia Fox

#33 ·

WWE News & Notes

- Not only does Daniel Bryan have the support of the fans, but the locker room as well. We previously reported that Triple H's feeling on him was a hot topic between the boys in the back. The general consensus is that while Bryan has handled the situation professionally, Triple H has acted like a bit of a bully. Triple H's disdain for Bryan has also irked a few of the boys to the point of talking to Triple H, including (but not limited too) CM Punk and William Regal, Bryan's trainer and Hunter's friend..

- WWE officials have been impressed with a number of Smackdown talent including Justin Gabriel, Mantastic, Cody Rhodes, and as we previously reported Christian. The man that officials are most impressed with is Mark Henry..

--------------------

Superstars Results

Jinder Mahal d. Santino Marella

Gail Kim d. Melina

Non-Title
Air Boom d. Primo & JTG

--------------------

OOC:
Smackdown is still open to review. Remember any review for any of my shows will be repaid in kind for your most recent or next show. Any and all feedback is appreciated..

#34 ·

WWE.COM
CM PUNK, JOHN CENA TO HAVE UNCENSORED CONFRONTATION

As if the bombshell Stephanie McMahon announced last week wasn't big enough, the WWE Board of Directors have dropped another one of the WWE today: this Monday on Raw, John Cena and CM Punk will have an in-ring confrontation and it will be completely uncensored.

A statement from a Board representatives reads: "Obviously both CM Punk and John Cena have a lot to get off their chests. We figured there was no better way to do that then to let them air their grievances with each other in front of the WWE Universe.".

Just less than a week away from their championship bout at Night of Champions, both Punk and Cena will be face-to-face in a highly combustible situation. Punk has set the sports-entertainment world ablaze over the past few months with his lambasting of the corporate structure in the WWE. Following the well-publicized ending to the twos' championship unification match at Summerslam, CM Punk has demanded a rematch with WWE Champion John Cena. After weeks of denial from Triple H and John Laurenitis, he was granted his rematch by none other than Stephanie McMahon, last week..

Perhaps the only other person who was in support of Punk's bid for another title match was the Champion himself, John Cena. Cena wanted the opportunity to prove that he can beat Punk without any outside assistance. This has done little to earn the favor of not only Punk but of The Miz as well. Both Miz and Punk have made it clear that they do not trust Cena, going as far to call him a "corporate tool". No doubt, Cena will certainly have his fair share of words in his defense..

With such a blockbuster event taking place, you won't want to miss this episode of Raw!

#40 · (Edited)

"THE POWER OF THE SPOKEN WORD..."

With just 6 days until WWE Night of Champions, Raw comes live from Columbus; Ohio!

Last week, Stephanie McMahon shocked the entire WWE Universe when she announced that John Cena would defend the WWE Championship at Night of Champions against CM Punk. This week on Raw, Punk and Cena will have and an in-ring confrontation and per order of the board of directors, there will be no, shall we say "microphone malfunctions". That's right both Cena and Punk will have free range to say whatever they want and you can bet that both men will take that freedom to it's very limit. Between the acid tongue of CM Punk and the never-back-down attitude of John Cena this is a pipe bomb you won't want to miss..

It's not easy being United States Champion. Dolph Ziggler learned that the hard way last week. After losing a hard fought match last week to John Cena, Ziggler was attacked by Zack Ryder. It's clear that if Ziggler won't give Ryder a title shot, he'll take it. Speaking of title shots, John Morrison defeated R-Truth to become Number One Contender for the United States Championship at Night of Champions. This Monday, Zack Ryder will team up with Number One Contender John Morrison to take on R-Truth and the United States Champion Dolph Ziggler. Both teams are in a highly combustible situation. Truth has made it clear he wants a United States Title shot. Meanwhile, Ryder must team with the man who has the very title shot he is looking for, John Morrison. .Which team will be able to hold it together?

Abraham Washington has promised a new and improved Jack Swagger, and judging by Swagger's new contract he's sold that idea to the WWE higher ups. Now he has a chance to sell that idea to the rest of the WWE universe. Jack Swagger will be in action for the first time since hiring A.W. as his agent. Is this truly a new dawn for the "All-American American"?

After seeing .her friend Eve taken out a few weeks ago at the hands of the Women of Wrestling, a very angry Kelly Kelly evoked her rematch clause for Night of Champions in Beth Phoenix's hometown of Buffalo. Many have questioned this decision on the part of the former Divas Champion, but nonetheless it's official. This week, Kelly Kelly will team with the Chickbusters to take on the Women of Wrestling and a Diva they been having problems with, Alicia Fox. Can Kelly and the Chickbusters put the first dent in the Women of Wrestling's armor?

This week on Raw, Michael McGuillicutty will go one-on-one with his former NXT pro and one of his opponents at Night of Champions, Kofi Kingston. Can McGuillicutty gain some much needed momentum? And will Otunga and McGuillicutty finally be able to get in the same page before Night of Champions?

Finally, WWE COO Triple H will not be at Raw this week. The Game has not yet commented on his wife's major decision last week that was directly against his orders. John Laurenitis has been put in charge..

Confirmed for RAW

CM Punk/John Cena Confrontation

R-Truth/Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrison/Zack Ryder

Jack Swagger's open challenge.

Kelly/Chickbusters vs. Women of Wrestling/Alicia Fox

#42 ·
so much win in this episode of Raw.

very very intrigued at how the Miz CM Punk alliance is shaping up. Looks like the makings of the reincarnation of Degeneration X with a different spin.

Dean Ambrose!!! Oh man imagine in real life, this board would crash and burn and no longer exist. Liked his debut. Alot of people would have him debut in a huge main event angle but thats a big time risk, while debuting him by slowly building him up ala Ryback and Damien Sandow will work out alot better.

Otunga and Laurenitas alliance in your BTB? Love it, in real life it was gold so its gotta work well here for sure. Otunga plays the perfect corporate tool.

Miz getting hauled out of the building reminded me of V for Vendetta of 1984. Love this Laurenitas Triple H dictatorship feel your putting out. Looks like your grooming Miz as a top face which sounds good to me.

Now onto this uncensored verbal battle between Cena and Punk. IT DELIVERED! Punk once again dropping a giant pipebomb on the WWE establishment. you had him basically destroy the very core of everything John Cena is in one promo. I would have liked to see a bit more rebutal from Cena but ill hold my critique on that as i feel its apart of a bigger picture. The ending with Punk getting arrested and smiling was a nice throwback to Steve Austin which i loved.

To close out, Night Of Champions is going to be amazing. I have a feeling this main event will be very attitude areaesque with a ton of run ins and unmitigated chaos. CANT WAIT!

10/10

#43 ·
- Punk and Miz working together is pretty cool, because Punk is a face, right? And Miz is definitely a heel, but Cena is a face and Triple H is a face who's looking more and more like a heel. I think. I like that you're blurring the lines between good guys and bad guys.

- somebody ”paid to see Daniel Bryan” but Bryan isn't even on the show. I guess he can only blame himself, should've gone to see Smackdown then...

- you made me care a little bit about Michael McGillicutty and that's a big feat. The backstage segment with Gillicutty and Otunga later was good too. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to a feud between these two, though, if that's where this is going. I liked the line about being married to Jennifer Hudson, very Otunga-esque.

-neat little promo for Richie.

- This is where shit gets real. Jack Swagger the highest paid superstar in WWE? WTF, Triple H? Haha... but anyway, you wrote AW really well, and made Swagger seem like a big deal. Really digging 'The Franchise Playa' so far. Post game press conference was a nice touch!

- This diva segment was somewhat confusing to me. What was Fox doing in the ring? There was no match or anything... Kind of a douche move by Kelly to not help her, althought I get what she was thinking there. Nice to see the divas get some actual build to their match.

- ”McGuillicutty and Otunga continue to argue… in the exact same place they were arguing nearly an hour ago” Haha, awesome. I pretty much want to see that McGillicutty vs Otunga feud now.

- pretty basic debut for Ambrose here, squashing Santino. I would've liked to see something more special, I guess, but I'll wait and see what you got in store for him.

- Raw is Otunga.

- The tag match was fine. I really liked conspiracy theorist R-Truth, and it looks like Little Jimmy is joining him, huh? I'm okay with it as long as he stays heel.

- More pseudo-shooting by Punk. I'm usually not a huge fan of all the breaking kayfabe stuff, like ”should I call you Phil?” and ”five moves of doom” and ”heel persona”, but I guess that was Punk's thing back when they had this angle. Nonetheless, a great segment and continued the story nicely. All in all, a pretty good episode of Raw.

#44 ·
Thanks for the review! The reason for all the "We want Bryan" stuff is that he hasn't been featured on WWE programming and news has come out backstage that Triple H and the office isn't a fan of him. So as you'd imagine, the smacks aren't happy :D

As for Fox being in the ring, it was supposed to be Fox/Beth/Natalya vs. Kelly/Chickbusters but obviously that didn't happen.

#46 ·
^ Thank you, Melvis. This has been just the kind of feedback I've been looking for..

- First, regarding the Divas segment. I don't think I got my point across well enough. My point wasn't to feel sympathy toward Fox as much as it was to Kelly and to create the picture that Beth and Natalya don't give a damn if you're a good guy or a bad guy, partner or opponent, if you're a diva, you're a target. What Ive tried to create with Kelly is simply that she is representing ALL the Divas against a force that's much stronger than herself. As such she can't save everyone, but she has to save as many as she can. She can't just rush in, she has to be smart. But, in all honesty I probably could've conveyed that better..

- As for Dean, I do agree that maybe he should have been handled as bigger, but that's sort of his arc right now. Stay tuned..

- Finally, you made some really good points on my final promo. Part of me felt like Punk's words were actually getting to Cena, like he's realizing that perhaps he is the problem and not the answer. But I agree that perhaps it could've been done much better..

Again, I really do appreciate the feedback Melvis. I look forward to giving you a better show during my next go..

#47 ·
A Nightmare Review:

The long awaited go home show to NOC is here! Miz and Punk forming an alliance was good to see, Never got into Awesome Truth so Miz joining up with Punk instead may lead to bigger and better things. Should be fun to see if Miz gets involved in the WWE Championship Match at NOC.

Kofi vs McGillicutty was a good, quick paced match. Looks like Otunga & McGillicutty are on the verge of a breakup makes it kinda obvious they won't win at the PPV but hopefully after the break up you push McGillicutty still as he is MUCH better than Otunga ever will be.

Richie Steamboat coming soon? NICE! Really looking forward to seeing what you do with him.

Hmm AW with Swagger? That's different but could be great Swagger needs a mouth piece in real life so this works. Looks like your rebuilding up Swagger which is something he needs, Also good to see A-Ry on TV for a change. Only thing I did not like was him using the Ankle Lock still, Not saying its horrible but maybe you should give him a brand new finisher? Just a suggestion.

Wow Beth & Nattie taking out Alica Fox was a good shocking moment. I thought it was a perfect touch that Kelly kept the Chickbusters from helping, Makes it look like they all fear Beth & Nattie too much to help their friend which in turn helps WOW seem even stronger than they are.

Dean Ambrose debut! It should be fun to see what you do with him considering you can't go by what WWE has done with him on TV. I think you're the first person I saw who has even attempted to bring him in so goodluck with it. I think this is the right path to go with him instead of a big main event angle to debut him in.

Pretty good tag match and a good victory for Ryder & Morrison. Hoping to see Morrison win at NOC (more so because im a big JOMO fan than anything else) and this was a nice way to get some momentum rolling into his big PPV match. Seems like Ryder is being built up here with another win over Ziggler, Don't drop the ball on him like WWE did!

Now onto the segment I've been looking forward to since you announced it the uncensored battle of words between Punk & Cena! This was handled well, My only negative thing to say about it is Cena seemed like an idiot just standing there taking in everything Punk had to say. It just did not seem like something Cena would do at all. Good to see Cena popped him to shut him up though because THAT is something he would do! Punk being taken away in handcuffs to end the show reminded me of when that happened to Stone Cold many years ago but it worked here and the fact Cena was not cuffed further pisses off Punk so that was great.

Overall a pretty good go home show to the PPV, The card looks good with what you announced hopefully a couple more matches get added on Smackdown to fill out the card a little bit more though. Looking forward to Night Of Champions Coolquip! (Y)

#48 ·
Sorry I didn't get this review done when I promised. Been ill the past couple days but better late than never, right?

Kicking off with a recap, it's always a good way of getting people into the story. It's not done enough IMO. It didn't drag either which is tough to get right when you're writing them up. Nice work.

Miz & Punk on the same side? It's a really stark character clash and an interesting one at that. Both guys came from very different places and have very different philosophies as to how they got where they are and how they plan to get further (Punk being a 'wrestler' and Miz being a 'superstar'). Interesting to see where that goes.

From the first match, I can immediately tell that you're more of a segment guy than a match guy (which is fine, just like some guys are better wrestlers and some are better talkers) but, for a segment guy, your match endings are very well done. Some of them are longer than some full matches I've read so good work there.

RICHIE STEAMBOAT!! Super talented kid, looking for big things from him!

Mic time for losers after a match? Again, something new. I can't recall ever seeing the losers of a match getting interviewed straight after the match (in recent years anyway). It also does a good job of setting up issues down the line between Otunga & McGillicutty.

I personally think Swagger is super under-rated. His ring work is a lot better than some of the nobodies that they've pushed and I am actually one of the few who enjoyed his World Title reign (at least when he wasn't wrestling to a DQ loss against Big Show). His mic skills are pretty good as well but he just can't get over properly as heel with that lisp so giving him a manager is the right move if you're keeping him heel and AW is a good choice. Having him kill Riley was a nice way of building him as well.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" Classic Miz.

Nice little segment to help get Beth and Natalya over. Best female wrestlers in the world right now IMO.

The card run down is a classic go to move to hype the Pay-Per-View/next show and it always works well because it informs the audience exactly what's happening and why.

Gonna be honest, NoC commercial was the best damn thing about this show. Absolutely loved it.

Dean Ambrose is weird...

Good tag match. Expecting to see Ziggler retain at NoC and go on to face either Ryder or all three men in a four way at the next PPV.

Neat little Smackdown preview.

The only thing I have to say about the Punk-Cena segment is the "should I call you Phil?" comment. The uncensored thing is fine but when you bring up 'real names' you kind of cross the line between this being entertainment and it being 'fake'. I know we all know it's scripted and it's only written out but those small things bug me a lot. I like to keep the wrestling world as just that: a wrestling world. Other than that small thing, the rest of the segment was great. Punk throwing truths at Cena that Cena didn't seem to have many answers to. Fantastic stuff and a great way to set up the WWE Title match.

All in all, NoC Card looks great and you've got storylines already in the works for after NoC which is one thing WWE hardly ever does. It's always good to have a place to go when you're coming off the back of a PPV that isn't 100% new but isn't entirely familiar either. I really like that dynamic. Great work.

#49 ·
WWE.COM
ALL WORLD PROMOTIONS PRESENTS….
POST-GAME PRESS CONFERENCE
Swagger is wearing a suit as he approaches a podium. Camera flashes and the occasional cough can be heard. A smile is on his face as he stands in front of a background with his logo patterned all over it. A.W. stands far off with a smile just as wide as Jack’s.
Male Reporter:
Hi, how are you?
Swagger smiles
Swagger:
I’m good.
Male Reporter 1:
You’ve been talked about as being “new’ and “improved”, what exactly does that entail?
Swagger:
As you all know, I’m former ECW Champion and a former World Heavyweight Champion. However for the better part of the last year, I’ve been an afterthought. The reason I’ve been an afterthought is because I’ve lacked direction. Now, I’ve been trying to find that direction through people like Michael Cole and Vickie Guerrero. Now I’ve found somebody who knows just how talented I am and just what a star I can be.
Female Reporter 1:
And what direction is that?
Swagger over-bite smile somehow gets wider
Swagger:
Straight to the top baby!
Male Reporter 2:
Talk about your match tonight with Alex Riley.
Swagger:
What is there to talk about? The guy’s not in my league. Never has been, never will be. I taught him a thing or two about not only wrestling, but respect.
As the next reporter prepares his question, Swagger takes a swig of Aquafina™, Treat your body right.
Male Reporter 3:
Hi Jack, congrats on the win tonight.
Swagger:
Thanks.
Male Reporter 3:
What’s next in the immediate future for the “All-American American”?
Swagger:
There’s this guy who is trying to get a title shot, he has this like, Internet show? Or something? I don’t know, what’s his name?
Male Reporter 3:
Zack Ryder?
Swagger:
Yeah him, he’d better get out of my way because my waist feels pretty cold and I’m looking for gold.
Female Reporter 2:
Obviously you’ve accomplished a lot in your short career already…
Swagger smirks and nods in agreement
Female Reporter 3:
When your career ends what do you want people to remember you as? I mean you’re obviously here to win at least one more championship-
Swagger:
Not one…. Not two… Not three… Not four… Not five… Not six… Not seven…

A shot of A.W. shows him beaming from ear-to-ear
Swagger:
And I truly believe that. When I say that, I’m not just blowing smoke. I truly believe that when I get into that ring there is no one better than me. And when I walk away, I want there to be no question that I was one of the greatest to ever lace up a pair of boots. I’m not here to be a backup, I’m not here to be a star player, I’m here to be THE star player. The Franchise Player.

#50 ·
ohhh yeah this was definitely a Cena/Punk promo classic, didn't look at the matches, but that Cena/Punk was very true, Punk's right about Cena being the top dog, i mean i can't disagree with him on that, but this promo proved right, and this could've been uncensored as well, Surely this Cena/Punk rivalry is clearly not over in this BTB, but when Punk said stuff about Zack Ryder and Daniel Bryan, that drawed the line cause look at what Ryder and Bryan did in reality, they both won the titles on the same night, CM Punk was Champion that night too, everyone brought Ryder and Bryan down but when they both became champions and Ryder losing the U.S. Title that brought Ryder into Jobber-material when he faced the likes of Kane, Mark Henry and Among others, Punk is right, every fan doesn't like to see John Cena at the top of the game, they let Cena have the US Title in 2004 after he turned face in 2003, then they put the United States Championship on him, and they give him a chance to become WWE Champion in 2005, how many times have they given Cena opportunity after opportunity more than 100 times, but look at Punk, he's got his 365-day reign in real life, Punk bringing out the past as well shocked me, Daniel did get fired for choking an announcer, not choking Cena but those kicks to Cena, no he didn't get fired for it, he got fired cause of choking, and they did use Zack Ryder a lot when him, Curt Hawkins and Chavo Guerrero joined up with Edge and Vickie Guerrero, him and Curt became Tag Champions in that era, but then when Undertaker broke them apart, Zack Ryder went on his own and joined ECW, then they take him to RAW where he gets Jobbed so many times until he beats Swagger in this BTB, but Cena and Punk that was uncensored attitude stuff at it's finest, and it should've continued to happen, the Cena/Punk rivalry is what we need in your BTB, it still needs to keep going

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.