Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #2543 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Nostalgia
Paradise

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Off the mark? I think I've made like three posts about Ambrose combined. I'm waiting for him to actually debut before passing judgement on him, but the amount of people who overrate him and constantly nag about ''when will he debut'' is annoying and it is placing needlessly high expectations on him that he will:

A) not live up to

Or

B) WWE will only fuck up

I made that comment as a joke, but WWE care a lot about the look aspect of wrestlers. Ambrose has a average joe appearance and that doesn't do him any favors. I get that it's different and that has it's own appeal, but WWE, in particularly Vince McMahon, would push a guy like Ryback over Ambrose just based on his appearance. I guess guys like Punk are exceptions to the rule. I can sort of see both sides of the argument, pro wrestling is a lot about image and presentation, buying into larger-than-life characters, Ambrose doesn't look that, but to me it's not that big of deal because I'm a fan of guys like Punk, Ziggler, Christian who aren't these huge characters.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome