Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - "You are the WHC and that makes you second at best"

View Single Post

Old 09-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #78 (permalink)
Choke2Death
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania

Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: "You are the WHC and that makes you second at best"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia View Post
Maybe I worded my post a little wrong. I think saying you're not a fan of him would of been more accurate than saying you don't like him. It's just a vibe I've been getting from your posts on Punk for a while, you're often very reasoned with you arguments, I'll give you that, but you often come across on the opposite side with regards to your opinion on him and very rarely praise him (just from what I've seen). But you're no Rock316AE, Choke2death or Jammy with Punk though, who seem to hate him no matter what he does, so that's good.
Not really true. I was actually supportive of him when I first joined this forum and most of his shoots were excellent and I think he always has something going on the mic with him being confident and having a good delivery. It's just that he's pretty much a one-hit wonder for me. Once he stopped shooting, he stopped being interesting. I doubt it's a coincidence that most of his better stuff come from going outside the world of kayfabe. I didn't like him before the summer of 2011 and stopped liking him after that summer. I was willing to give him a chance and he just didn't capture my interest. Throughout this year, only thing I looked forward to was always Cena's feuds (even the stupid ones with Laurinaitis and Big Show) while Punk's screen time was no different than the divas "piss-break" minute long matches. Now Punk is the main focus and he is a boring whiny heel that demands respect. It's made me pretty much take full hiatus outside of reading results every week and my only hope is that he loses the title as soon as possible and they botch his heel turn like they have with every other top heel they've created recently.

I'm actually more like Starbuck with Punk than you think. If he does something good, I give him credit. His shoot promo was great, some of the stuff he said at the contract signing was truth, he's had many great matches with Cena, Bryan and so on and "Funkman" is probably the only genuinely funny joke I've heard coming from him. And I also loved the promo where he completely demolished Del Rio. It's also the last Punk promo I ever liked, which is also his last 'shoot' style one excluding the goofy three-way contract signing before TLC. Otherwise, I think he's overrated and extremely over-hyped and I simply find him unentertaining. I don't really have an automatic negative mind-set regarding him, it's just that a lot of his fans here are annoying, making me feel a bit better when I look like the devil's advocate.