Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - "You are the WHC and that makes you second at best"

View Single Post

Old 09-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #67 (permalink)
#BadNewsSanta
Ho!

#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading
Default Re: "You are the WHC and that makes you second at best"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post

There's a big difference between, "I'm the WWE Champ because I'm the BITW and that makes me better than you" and "You're the WHC so you're second best to me." In the first, Punk is focusing on himself, what he is and why he is better. In the second, Punk is saying that because Seamus is the WHC, that makes him second best. He isn't talking about what Seamus himself is, he's focusing on the title and proclaiming it to be inferior because of what IT is and therefore the champion himself. I just didn't like the way it was phrased but I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal. Most people will have forgotten about it already.
lol, I did forget about it until I saw this thread.

But fair enough. That would've been a better way to put it. I still think it's fine what Punk said, but perhaps it wasn't the best way to go about it. And as greendayedgehead said, doesn't help Sheamus' response was pretty weak.

Not to mention also they were in Punk's hometown, with the crowd very firmly against Sheamus when talking to Punk. Hell even when Sheamus tried to show sympathy for the crowd after Punk refused them a match, they still wanted none of it. And then they cheer Punk later on.

Chicago is Chicago.

#BadNewsSanta is offline   Reply With Quote