Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - "You are the WHC and that makes you second at best"

View Single Post

Old 09-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #54 (permalink)
Starbuck
Best For Business

Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: "You are the WHC and that makes you second at best"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblvdx View Post
I just don't see the problem here. Everyone and their mothers know that there is a pecking order of when it comes to the importance of the belts, everyone knows that the WWE title is bigger then the world heavyweight title. Punk just said what everyone already knows and it just further establishes the ego of his character.

And Starbuck, Punk's in a storyline all about him having a problem taking a backseat to Cena.
My only problem is the way he said it. It's not the first time I've had a problem with the way Punk has said things. His promo with ADR springs to mind here. If he phrased it differently it wouldn't have come off so bad. I actually cringed as soon as I heard it though. You can't prevent your natural reactions to things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obis View Post
That would be awesome if he did that. It would feed perfectly into Punk descending even more into heeldom than he already has, and it is true.
No. I meant as in he said that and it never played into a storyline. Punk is getting to address his issue with being treated second best to Cena and they have turned it into a storyline. Is Seamus going to get to come out next week and take issue with what Punk said? Is he going to start demanding respect because he never gets to main event shows? Is he going to start complaining because he gets overshadowed by the Rock and is he then going to get to main event a PPV with Rock? Is he going to air his grievances about working just as hard as everybody else but because he's the WHC, not the WWE Champion, that that automatically makes him second best? Is he going to get to talk about how the WHC used to mean something but now it has been relegated to a barely above midcard title? No, he isn't.

Like I said before, it really doesn't bother me as much as others. It will be forgotten about, just like Triple H's broomstick comment which was a lot worse lol but I don't think Punk should have said this the way he said it, just like I don't think HHH should have said what he said either. I was only pointing out that Punk has a storyline centered around him being overshadowed. Seamus does not. He won't get to restore the WHC to its former glory or any of that stuff because just like Vince legit doesn't view Punk over Cena, Vince also doesn't view the WHC over the WWE title.
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote