Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Breaking Bad Thread (NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD. INCLUDING SIGS & CHATBOX.)

View Single Post

Old 09-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #879 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default re: Breaking Bad Thread (NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD. INCLUDING SIGS & CHATBOX.)

How is it not fascinating to watch a good honest man stricken by cancer risk everything to provide for his family, only to slowly become corrupted by the necessity to kill in order to survive in the game and slowly but surely lose the focus of his morality and become enamoured with the wealth and newfound power a once weak and futile man now possesses?

I haven't watched Dexter since half of Season 5 where I just gave up on the show, which after the triumphant success that was Season 4 seemed astounding to me.

You talk about how Breaking Bad supposedly hasn't developed and is just the same plot every season (something I find absurd when you actually look at each season and see how it develops Walter's descent into evil, Jesse's development as the pure moral soul of the show, Skyler's breakdown in marriage due to Walt's new persona etc etc) but isn't that exactly the same plot that dominates Dexter season upon season? Dexter is confronted by a rival killer and strives to eliminate the killer whilst also exploring themes which challnege his life code and force him to understand society in order to develop not only as a person but as a serial killer (e.g marrying Rita, having a child, becoming a single father after Rita's death etc).
WOOLCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote