Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Florida Championship Wrestling 89
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Past Halfway
Learning to break kayfabe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Florida Championship Wrestling 89

Luger was making big bucks by this time in WCW, if this league can "continue to grow" maybe he can be convinced to come back to Florida. Gantner unfortunately was well into his physical decline by this time if I remember right.

Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas were brought in due to the Junkyard Dog going out due to his drug use (mirroring real life). I also have Bad News Allan, who I thought was totally wasted as Bad News Brown in the WWF. What a terrible fit. One of Bill Watts major booking philosophies was on pushing black wrestlers and I am trying to do the same here. Even though it's fiction, based on scripted action from 20 years ago, you can still get an idea how the storylines are going and alter them if needed. The black wrestlers still had to get over during their push but some territories would not give them a chance or limit them to preliminary roles. Watts had the Junkyard Dog during that run in the 80s, also Ernie Ladd, Koko B Ware, a few others, also black female valet "Dark Journey" with Dick Slater (which drew some real heat from some racists in the audience). Watts would say this wasn't about being fair, it was about making money and connecting with the black audiences at home and especially at the shows was always good for business.

Last edited by Past Halfway; 09-03-2012 at 04:14 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome