Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Derrick Bateman pushing a new character

View Single Post

Old 09-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
truk83
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick

truk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Derrick Bateman pushing a new character

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSupremeForce View Post
Bateman might have the best comedic delivery on the roster, so I'm just glad he's running with anything at this point. All he really needs is an opportunity to get onto television each week and he'll make it.
I agree. Derrick is actually funny, but I think this is something that could make his character seem less threatening similar to a Santino Marella. Comedy is only ok in small doses in professional wrestling because you eventually will lose to much credibility with the fans in order to make a name for yourself. Then, there is always a heel turn which would be okay for Derrick in this case, but not Marella for the obvious physical reasons. Bateman the larger of the two would easily come off better as a "threat". Honestly I wouldn't mind a simple name change for him like Derrick Bale. This seems like a character made to clash with someone like Jinder Mahal as well.
truk83 is offline   Reply With Quote