Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Most disturbing movie you've seen?

View Single Post

Old 09-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #44 (permalink)
GothicBohemian
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

GothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a push
Default Re: Most disturbing movie you've seen?

Supposedly 'disturbing' scenes generally don't get the intended reaction from me, especially when they're in horror movies. Silly amounts of gore have zero impact and I find them laughable at times. It's the way those moments reek of desperation, like the director has no idea how to get a reaction by subtler means and is sitting behind me in the theatre, leaning over my seat, saying, “Look, aren't you grossed out yet? It's a rape scene, with dismemberment!”. That said, sometimes it works but, on the whole, I prefer creepy or shocking over bloody. What I find disturbing is more apt to be random scenes than an entire film.

A few examples that made me cringe:

- the appearance of Zelda from Pet Sematary
- when needles are pushed into Aoyama's eyes in Audition (I'm squeamish about eyes)
- the audiotapes played during Session 9
- turtle death in Cannibal Holocaust
GothicBohemian is offline   Reply With Quote