Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Why do so many people hate Justin Bieber?

View Single Post

Old 08-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #61 (permalink)
Elipses Corter
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.

Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500
Default Re: Why do so many people hate Justin Bieber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Livid One View Post
Damn, when i remember the NWA, Cypress Hill, etc. and then i see Drakes, Chris Browns, Gucci Mane, Wanker Flakah and other worthless pieces of shit that pass off as rap... fuck this world

This = rap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u31FO_4d9TY

This = shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Q4s_ZdvAQ
Maybe what you fail to realize is it is 2 different types of rap. Guys like NWA, Cypress Hill and Run DMC were originally hip hop, that was more defining of a culture and often made music with a message. The common, most successful form of hip hop/rap now has a mix of pop with it, which is what gets radio play and potential for concerts and big record deals, since this is what most people rap for. And Chris Brown technically isn't a rapper.

Point is, the first guys you mentioned are responsible for the current state of hip hop/rap by cosigning and affiliating themselves with the current top stars. Lyrically, none of those rappers you first mention will be widely regarded as GOATS, neither will the latter.

But, when you take guys like Nas, a true lyricist, you still have records like "Owe Me", "Nastradamus" & "Oochie Wally". Reason for that is the old school style of hip hop isn't in high demand. People want club based records or something that sounds good in a car. It's all about being commercial and marketable. I'd take the last 15 years of hip hop/rap over any other time period, I don't want to hear depressing music about the struggle, I want the upbeat, party records. The songs that showcase the good life and can be used as a form of motivation.
Elipses Corter is offline   Reply With Quote