Wrestling Forum banner

Leader of A&8?

Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

779K views 5K replies 696 participants last post by  LIL' WINNING FOOT 
#1 ·
I have it on very good authority that the leader of the Aces and 8's faction will be someone who has a real grudge against HH and Sting.

This person is also a keen biker and the factio Aces and 8's is being set up as a "Hells Angels" type faction.

Said person also made a comment recently to wait for some big news from him in the future!!

Answer is

#2,440 ·
Id like mike Knox to be a member aswell another decent enough performer with a decent look who can put on a good enough match i can simply sit and enjoy watching.

The only thing im concerned at with the Aces and Eights angle is what is actually going to be the pay off? Lethal lockdown match if Aces and eights win they get contracts?? I can see this slow build never actually going anywhere till they have too many members and we end up with TNA vs Aces vs Eights after the two groups seperate because of a disagreement between two members

#2,441 ·
I think that's why a lot of people are losing interest in this group. The basis behind it and payoff right now seems non-existent. Nothing wrong with a long program. There simply has to be a reason behind this. A tease or two that might give us some idea wouldn't be bad.

Right now it seems like a way to debut some new talent. That's about it.

#2,442 · (Edited)
Yeah its been 6 months and all we've gotten from it is an over the hill performer who is seemingly there to take the beatdowns in Devon and a potential push for Drew Hankinson. Ive been abroad for most of this story so only been following online with occasional watching and in all this time i still have no idea what the Aces and Eights actually want.

Horsemen - wanted titles
nWo - wanted the company
DX - wanted titles
Nation of Domination - wanted equality
Hart Foundation - wanted respect
Planet Jareet - wanted power
Main Event Mafia - wanted respect
Fortune - wanted opportunity
Immortal - wanted power
Aces and Eights - want ???

#2,445 ·
In the beginning it was a group of new guys who wanted to get into TNA and basically take over, but then Devon got revealed and Devon.....already had a contract. Hell he gave up his TV Title so he could return like a month later as part of Aces and Eights so I guess Devon doesn't give a shit about titles. And for some reason they want Hogan to be gone, even though Hogan's not even an active wrestler anymore. It's like Dungeon of Doom who's sole purpose was to destroy Hulkamania, except back then Hogan was active and the WCW Champion for aeons. I understand he's the general manager but it's not really about contracts any more at this point.

Eric Bischoff
Luke Gallows
Mike Knox
Devon
Wes Brisco

What a team.

#2,447 ·
@ Quasi juice,

Their motive is not only to destroy Hulkamania, their prime objective is destroy TNA as a whole, thats the reason why their first attack was when tna's first HOF was announced and have been taking guys out left and right, not just guys who are associated with Hogan but anyone they randomly pick.

#2,454 ·
Revealing a big name in the middle of 3 impact zone ppvs is stupid booking.
They can still have progression in the storyline without wasting their big moment now, my main criticism towards the story is:

- Devon should NEVER be the first guy, they went for the swerve instead of the best logical option: BULLY RAY
- Wes Brisco is taking too long, the last ppv was the perfect moment during angle vs devon.

DOC is fine, so far he has been the most entertaining guy on the group.
If you still refer to him as Festus as a way to bash him, you're cheap. What's next? Are you gonna call ziggler, "former spirit squad member"?

#2,456 ·
Ironic. Impact 806 really picked up the game after I just got done calling the last 2 episodes garbage production. There was a lot of wrestling and the hammer attack looked pretty decent. However I was already quite bored with the Aces and 8's.

1. Aces and 8's suck in poker. That's why its called "The Dead Mans Hand".
2. The screwed up with Devon. It was cute how they wrote RL into the kayfabe but at the same time totally reveled it.
3. It's going on too long no matter how many stars they unmask.

#2,457 ·
Saw it in someone elses sig, but since TNA did copy the Sons of Anarchy poster but made it into an Aces and 8s poster, imagine if Aces and 8s did something like...

Don't watch the show, so don't know if the guy in the middle is an enemy or not, but if he is, imagine Aces and 8s doing that to one of their enemies.

#2,466 ·
But, even then the hype for a reveal would be fairly lackluster too. Wouldn't it be more impactful if it was a surprise? I think so. PPV is the ideal moment. Let fans have something to talk about at the "water cooler" the next day, type deal. It's been a problem for TNA the last 4 years or so. Their PPVs never have any major hooks. They should.

#2,470 ·
Batista & Jericho? Way too expensive.

I still think they need to go with Raven.
1. Cheap.
2. Mainstream fans know him.
3. Internet fans like him overall.
4. Got some history with TNA/easy to write a story for him in this case.
5. Can deliver on the mic.
6. Not as predictable as Jarrett/EB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.