Wrestling Forum banner

August 30th Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread

42K views 699 replies 115 participants last post by  JaredStyles96 
#1 ·

Preview Thursday night's huge LIVE IMPACT broadcast on SpikeTV at 8/7c as the road to the "No Surrender" Pay-Per-View continues! Remember - if you can't watch IMPACT on Thursday night, make sure to set your DVR to record all the action!

- With only two weeks left in the annual "Bound For Glory Series" for a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship, the stakes have never been higher! Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast will feature THREE huge BFG Series bouts as "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy faces Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam battles "Cowboy" James Storm, and longtime rivals collide as AJ Styles takes on Samoa Joe!

- What is the condition of World Heavyweight Champion Austin Aries after the brutal attack by The Aces & 8s gang this past week? Tune in for an update on the champ! The TNA roster has gone to war against The Aces & 8s...and the IMPACT Zone will be the battlefield this Thursday at 8/7 on SpikeTV!

- Will "TNA Gut Check" prospect Kris Lewie earn a contract and a spot on the TNA roster? The newcomer faces the judges on the broadcast!

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV LIVE at 8/7c, including news on the upcoming "No Surrender" Pay-Per-View event!
Discuss this weeks edition of Impact Wrestling in here. Enjoy and keep it civil! :)

#3 ·
Should be an interesting episode. I'm anticipating another appearance from Joey Ryan during the gut check judgement, and hopefully it furthers the angle going into BFG. I'd like to see a Joey vs Al Snow/Tazz match at BFG but maybe I'm just looking into things too much.

Austin Aries condition is an interesting angle they are going with. I can't see him relinquishing the title and not performing at BFG but we may get a case of the top two in the BFG series facing off for the title at BFG. We may also have a miraculous recovery (I hope so) and Austin defends his title.

Lots of questions, hopefully plenty of answers. :D

#4 ·
For some reason, I keep thinking today is Thursday. Oh well.

The BFG Series alone should make this show a hot one. We've got three strong matches that can impact the top four rankings.

Also, with the Gut Check thing happening, all I am interested in there is what is going to happen with Joey Ryan.

And yes, I am very interested in seeing what happens with Austin Aries. Will he be forced to drop the title like RVD did? Will he be allowed to hold on to it until BFG? We'll have to see.

#9 ·
Definitely looking forward to this episode.

I definitely think that Joey Ryan will show up. What I'd like to see would be a build up to a match at BFG between Ryan and Snow, and have Taz be involved as the referee/enforcer/whatever. Have Taz screw over Snow at BFG to help Joey pull out the win, and from that point forward Taz puts Joey Ryan over, explaining that he had Joey Ryan all wrong and that he is a future main eventer (or something to that degree). I'd say to have Taz become his manager, but Joey Ryan doesn't really need one.

Also, Joe vs. Styles never gets old. Looking forward to this.

#10 ·
I definitely think that Joey Ryan will show up. What I'd like to see would be a build up to a match at BFG between Ryan and Snow, and have Taz be involved as the referee/enforcer/whatever. Have Taz screw over Snow at BFG to help Joey pull out the win, and from that point forward Taz puts Joey Ryan over, explaining that he had Joey Ryan all wrong and that he is a future main eventer (or something to that degree). I'd say to have Taz become his manager, but Joey Ryan doesn't really need one.
Love this idea, half the reason being it gets Taz out of commentary.

The show itself should be good. Styles/Joe never disappoints and if I'm not mistaken this will be there first match since Against All Odds 2010. I'm also hoping Aces and 8s reveal themselves.

#11 ·
3 great matches on paper and we should really know how everything's shaping up after tomorrow night. If joe and storm both win, their locked in basically. Kurt and Jeff both need to win so that'll be interesting. RVD will be in good shape with a win too, pretty much everybody needs to win so hopefully well see 3 great intense matches.

#17 ·
“Should Kris Lewie get a contract with IMPACT WRESTLING? #GutCheck

Yes
[ 29% (275 votes) ]

No
[ 71% (676 votes) ]

He's getting "signed" simply because joey ryan needs to beat someone to a bloody mess and call TNA a bunch of hypocrites.

#23 ·
:lmao Good job Kurt!

Kurt Angle ‏@RealKurtAngle
Big Show tonight on Impact. Angle vs. Hardy for BFG Series!!!!
Adz ‏@CPA_213
@RealKurtAngle the Big Show is on Impact???? When did he sign with TNA?
Andre Stuart ‏@drustuart
@RealKurtAngle Is he allowed? Big coo for TNA though getting the Big Show in!
WCW World Champion ‏@WCWchampion
@RealKurtAngle Big Show has signed with TNA???
⏪★ΓΔƬΣD Я★™ ‏@Rated_R_Army
BIG SHOW IS IN TNA NOW ^-^ AAWWWWWWWWW YEA!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.