Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - BIG GAME ROBBEN

Thread: BIG GAME ROBBEN
View Single Post

Old 08-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #252 (permalink)
Cowabunga
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Cowabunga 501 - 1000Cowabunga 501 - 1000Cowabunga 501 - 1000Cowabunga 501 - 1000Cowabunga 501 - 1000Cowabunga 501 - 1000
Default Re: UEFA Champions/Europa League 2012-13 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige™ View Post
Spartak maybe but not Benfica. They're a damn good team with a decent record in the Champions League. Just ask Man U. Barca & Benfica will qualify.
Our record in the Champions League is average at best. I assume you're talking about the competition since it's been renamed "Champions League" in the early 90s, correct? Well, a couple of years after that, the worst period in our history began. Since then, we got past the group stage maybe like twice. In fact, I'm sure Celtic probably has a better record in the Champions League in the past 18 years than us. Sadly, we aren't the powerhouse that we were in the 60s anymore.

In the past few seasons, we sort of have improved in Europe except for the 2008/2009 season(we should've gotten past the group stages in 2010-2011, though. Losing 3-0 in Tel-Aviv was flat out embarrassing and if it weren't for Lyon, we wouldn't even have finished 3rd) and I hope we continue performing consistently on European stage.

As for our team, we have a ncie pool of individual talent, yes. Our weak spot is the left side of our defense and our manager is kinda retarded and loves forwards and tends to leave big holes in the mid-field. Can you imagine us going against Barça with a huge hole in our mid-field? Yeah, not a pretty sight.
Cowabunga is offline   Reply With Quote