Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Art of the Album
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Paid My Dues

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Re: The Art of the Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGimmicksNeeded View Post
Milo Goes To College defines pop punk for me, frankly. You could make an argument for the Buzzcocks and probably convince me, but that Descendents album is basically where you can source the 1994 punk breaking again, Epitaph/Fat Wreck bands, and even the later shit like Good Charlotte or whatever. Just a perfect combination of hardcore, punk, and hating girls for being into some jerk instead of you.
Most of the original punk bands had a pop sensibility, whether the Descendents' nerd-pop or the Ramones' bubblegum-beachrock, but they maintained the attitude that has become more akin with hardcore these days. My issues with a lot of 'modern' pop punk stem from a fundamental philosophical break from the idea of rebellion (regardless of image) vs conformity.

Thanks for the additions abrown0718. Love me some Tribe and Tony Stark.

My most recent purchase which has been getting repeated plays. It inspires me to post more great metal.

I love professional-wrestling.

"One thing I found out through my experiences in life is that if I don't like something, usually it's me who has to change." - Eddie Guerrero

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome