#1 ·
Top 5 streak matches imo -

1. Taker/HBK Wm 25
2. Taker/HHH Wm 27
3. Taker/HHH Wm 28
4. Taker/HBK Wm 26
5. Taker/Orton Wm 21.

#1,049 ·
Re: Was anyone ever considered (Even briefly) to break Takers streak?

Undertaker offered Kane to end the streak in 2004 at Wrestlemania 20 but Kane declined out of respect.
I don't believe that for a second. I could believe it if it was Wrestlmania 14, but not Wrestlmania 20. No way were they going to have Undertaker return as the Deadman only to job to Kane. It was always going to be Taker going over.

#1,047 ·

Why didn't Kane win in their first match? Surely booking-wise it would have made sense for Kane to win as hit was his first big match with him being the new big star at the time. Never understood that one.
I think Kane went into the match with all the momentum and they were trying to keep the feud alive. It was one of the top 2 or 3 storylines at the time..

#1,048 ·

I think once the streak became "the streak" few people are considered the guy to end it. But the streak was kept alive a few times before it became a big deal. Angle is the only one I believe when he said he was supposed to end it, only because it seemed at the time that Angle/Undertaker should have happened at WM 22.

#1,052 ·

Orton I think was the only one that actually was indeed scheduled to win. Ironically, it was from that moment on that the 'streak' started to become seriously relevant.

#1,053 ·

I doubt you could find people who would be willing to end the streak, as mentioned Angle, kane and Orton all supposedly turned the opportunity down. Anyone who did that would be hated for it for years and years afterwards.

#1,056 ·

Undertaker has become a god to what wrestling used to be so unless its Rock, Cena or whoever the next Cena/Rock/Austin/Hogan is then they are just gonna ride that horse until it dies

selfish bastards

#1,059 ·
#1,064 ·
Well if Rock wants to face lesnar rock will get his way and Taker can face cena. HHH yea he wants to face lesnar but if Rock and Taker want to then HHH sorry they come first.

#1,066 ·
Undertaker vs Punk?

I'm new to posting on the forum, and whilst I'm sure this will have been discussed various times before, I thought I'd start a thread.

Currently on the active section of the WWE app it mentions tonight Raw is in New Jersey, and the related picture is Taker vs Punk in HIAC.

Considering Wrestlemania xxix will be in New Jersey, and the talk of taker wanting a match for it, do you think with punk likely to be free and no longer champion Punk/Taker would be a good mania match?

#1,067 · (Edited)
They should just announce that the final half of WM matches will be drawn from a hat on the Preshow: CM Punk, HHH, John Cena, Undertaker, Rock, Ryback and Randy Orton. Third drawn match gets Mick Foley as guest ref.

Edit: Was bored so used random.org, Punk vs Cena. Rock vs Ryback. Taker vs Orton. Brock vs. HHH.

#1,068 ·
I got:

Cena vs Rock
Punk vs Brock
Ryback vs Taker
Orton vs HHH

......probably the worst possible combo :lmao

Reactions: Green Light
#1,069 ·
Who would have benefited the most from 'Breaking the Streak'?

Out of all of The Undertaker's opponents who he defeated at Wrestlemania, which one do you feels career would have benefited the most from having the accolade of "Breaking the Streak"?

Personally i'd go with Orton simply because he was young, still had a lot of years left in his career and could have used it as statement similar to HHH with his "i was the guy that retired mick Foley", plus it would have been a huge push for the youth movement within the company at the time.

But if there's no one in the list people feel deserves to have "Broken the Streak", please feel free to mention any other wrestlers past or present who you feel it would have helped immensely.

jimmy Snuka - Wrestlemania VII 91'

Jake Roberts - Wrestlemania VIII 92'

Giant Gonzalez - Wrestlemania IX 93'

King Kong Bundy - Wrestlemania XI 95'

Diesel - Wrestlemania XII 96'

Sycho Sid - Wrestlemania 13 97'

Kane Wrestlemania XIV 98'

The Big Boss Man XV 99'

Triple H - Wrestlemania - X-7 2001

Ric Flair - Wrestlemania X8 2002

Big Show & A-Train - Wrestlemania XIX 2003

Kane - Wrestlemania XX 2004

Randy Orton - Wrestlemania 21 2005

Mark Henry - Wrestlemania 22 2006

Batista - Wrestlemania 23 2007

Edge - Wrestlemania XXIV 2008

Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania 25th Anniversary 2009

Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania XXVI 2010

Triple H - Wrestlemania XXVII 2011

Triple H - Wrestlemania XXVIII 2012

#1,071 ·
Re: Who would have benefited the most from 'Breaking the Streak'?

I was going to say Batista but thinking about it for a little bit, he really didn't need to break the streak since he was already the top guy in the company.

I'm gonna say Randy Orton. Orton ending the streak would have made him a huge heel and would have went right along with his Legend Killer character. This was a time where the WWE were really trying to get Orton as a legit main event player after his short World Heavyweight title reign so a win over Taker at WrestleMania 21 could have been Orton's huge moment which would have solidified him as the top guy in 2005 along with John Cena and Batista who went on to bigger and better things after WrestleMania 21.

Randy Orton breaking the streak, John Cena finally winning the WWE title, and Batista winning the World Heavyweight title at WrestleMania 21 would have been a huge deal given the fact that all three came up from OVW right around the same time.

#1,073 ·
Re: Who would have benefited the most from 'Breaking the Streak'?

Yeah, Orton's pretty much the only one that really could've gotten a lot out of it. Batista and Edge could've gotten a hell of a resume-padding from it, but they were already Smackdown's top face/heel at the time.

Speaking of which, holy fuck, hard to believe it's only been 4 years since Edge vs. Taker. Feels like it was ages ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.