Re: i$e's Magical Music Megapost
1. Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster - Exegesis // Genre : Post-Metal // Year : 2012
Super sick album in the vein of Russian Circles but with more post-rock qualities. A bit Oceansize-y too. In my top 10 of the year. Acquire.
2. 40 Watt Sun - The Inside Room // Genre : Doom Metal // Year : 2012
Yeah this rapes. If you like Warning, you'll obvious like this. Requires your full attention as you'll hate it if you just try and have it on in the background. The Oceanic of Doom.
3. Gaza - No Absolutes in Human Suffering // Genre : Grind // Year : 2012
Incredibly powerful grindcore act. Abrasive but awesome.
4. Van Morrison - Moondance // Genre : Folk // Year : 1970
IMO Morrison is the GOAT singer songwriter, and whilst this doesn't top Astral Weeks for me, it's still essential.
5. The Pax Cecilia - Blessed are the Bonds // Genre : Post-Hardcore // Year : 2007
I saw these described as Maudlin of the Well meets Circle Takes the Square. Probably a decent shout, actually. Very experimental post-hardcore. You'll dig it.
6. While She Sleeps - This Is the Six // Genre : Hardcore // Year : 2012
This cunt took me by surprise. It's actually really awesome and unlike a lot of hardcore bands than throw cleans in there, it doesn't suck. Punchy, powerful, catchy and at times emotive.
7. Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman // Genre : Electronic // Year : 1993
Some rad older generation electronic dub here. Awesome if you have the speakers to handle it/ Grimy beats and bass. GET IT. Classic.
8. Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus // Genre : Doom Metal // Year : 1986
This shit invented a genre pretty much. A cornerstone of any metal fans catalogue. Highly influential
I'm also inducting the following metal classics because Crusade reminded me of their greatness.
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
Incantation - Onward to Golgatha
Gorguts - Obscura
Cryptopsy - None so Vile
Esoteric - Paragon of Dissonance
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans
Last edited by i$e : 08-29-2012 at 10:34 AM.