Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Cycling discussion thread
View Single Post
post #59 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 02:39 AM
Henry Hill
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: The Cycling discussion thread

Thanks for that link, nice read.

I think Froome is starting to suffer and will be hoping to don the time trial and at least put a minute into Contador in order to give him some breathing space before the next set of serious climbing. On that parcours however, I just don't see him winning by that big a margin and I'm actually going to out on a limb and say that Alberto picks up his first stage win on Wednesday by a matter of mere seconds.

Hopefully, Froome isn't going to be toast by the third week but even if he is, the idea of a fresh Froome vs fully fit Contador at next year's Tour De France (sorry Wiggo, these boys are in a different class) is mouthwatering especially if they put in atleast one long flat TT to suit the Sky man.

As for Rodriguez, I think he is selling himself a bit short on the TT. Yes, he did used to be a god awful time triallist a few years back but he is improved dramatically since then and this route seems much better suited to his capabilities. If he can lose less than ninety seconds then he'll still be a threat overall given how well he's climbing and his canny ability to pick up bonus seconds.

Anyway, most people aren't big fans of the race against the clock but I usually really enjoy them and tmr's definitely has me highly intrigued.

Edit: Oh yeah, this Vuelta really has me excited for the world champs too. This year's race is basically a one day hilly classic rather than a sprint fest and is looking like it's going to be an epic race between Contador, J-Rod, Valverde, Gilbert with maybe even the likes of Sagan and Cancallera contesting too. I think Froome would be best off enduring a long rest after this Vuelta however.

Last edited by Henry Hill; 08-28-2012 at 02:43 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome