Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

326K views 7K replies 218 participants last post by  Notorious 
#1 ·
Preseason cranks up tomorrow and that means we're less than a month from games that count.

This is the best time of year.

#1,033 ·
Re: NFL Thread: Week 1 - Glorious

lmao birth of your child versus a football game.

THE GAME OF COURSE
some guy tried to apply ben's situation to a soldier overseas to justify that the game > birth. he was really heated and mad that ben announced it and ignored the fact that there's a precedent set w/ steelers players missing games for the birth of their kids.

football is like a military war.

#1,041 ·

49ers are going to fall hard this year IMO, even moreso if they weren't in that sorry excuse for a division.

As for the Jets, there will be no inbetween. We're a top 5 pick or we're in the playoffs.
9 - 8 / 8 - 8 Seems like a reasonable run for the Jets this year, especially if the Bills can manage to play evenly throughout the season instead of choking like dogs.

#1,037 ·

I still think the 49ers go 11-5 or 13-3 like last year. Of course this is assuming all the upgrades to the WR spot work out.

I think that Rodgers will put up a lot of yards on the secondary though, not really becuase they will have bad coverage or anything, just because they won't run the ball and Rodgers is Rodgers.

#1,040 ·

6 starters? God damn. Last I checked it was just gonna be Hali and Lewis. I know Flowers and Johnson are questionable but they plan on playing. Chiefs may be in trouble if none of them play. Hopefully the game is still exciting, could be an offensive dominated game.

And yes, I did forget San Fran and Green Bay. Speaking of which, I got the Niners winning that game. Could really go either way.

#1,056 ·

I hear a lot of people saying Minnesota. Vikings won't be good, but they're not the worst team in the league.

Miami until shown otherwise. Jets should be plenty bad too.

McFadden already is a boss. He just hasn't played a full season. If he goes down early, yeah Oakland will challenge for that number 1 pick.

#1,057 ·

Oakland overplayed their performance by 1.7 wins (played like a 6-10 team but went 8-8) normally that figure will bounce back the next year. While KC and Denver did the same thing in their own division, KC was ravaged with injuries and Denver improved with Manning at QB. Oakland didn't have many draft picks available due to incompetent management, and you look and they have a few toss-up games (Miami, Jacksonville, Cleveland, KCx2) but with a new coach and such I don't think they will be very good. Certainly not in playoff contention.

Plus Carson Palmer sucks. He's only had 2 good years and they were back pre-injury. Oakland giving up a 1st and 2nd for him just shows you the incompetence of the previous regime.

#1,058 ·

Out of curiosity I checked my TV guide to see what games I would have tomorrow.

Mine are:
Dolphins/Texans
Packers/Niners
Steelers/Broncos

Last year I would usually get like 4 every week but whatever, might find a stream of the Pats game instead of watching the Dolphins/Texans game.

#1,060 · (Edited)

It was surprising that I only had one game on FOX and one game on CBS, I usually have two on one and one on the other.

Oh well, maybe it'll just be like that the first week.

Edit: I think I see why, CBS is gonna be playing the US Open during the 3 PM slot instead of a football game. Fuck tennis.

#1,064 ·

I got a double header on Fox so you're getting screwed. Good thing streams exist.

Also if you get a home game in the home city you can't get a double header. Unless they got rid of this ridiculous rule.
Last season I got double headers every week whether the Texans played home or not.

#1,063 ·

Chicago is the only team that can play defense in that division though so the Vikes could pull at least one upset. 0-6 is probably how it goes down though. Outside the division they play mostly average beatable teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.