Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - GCB's WWE

Thread: GCB's WWE
View Single Post

Old 08-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #116 (permalink)
GCB
Learning to break kayfabe

GCB 101 - 250GCB 101 - 250
Default February 7th, 2011: RAW

MONDAY NIGHT RAW LIVE
TARGET CENTER, MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA
MONDAY FEBRUARY 7TH, 2011

A video package from RAW last week airs with highlights of the Fatal Four Way match between Kurt Angle, Miz, Daniel Bryan and John Morrison battling it out to try and earn the right to challenge Wade Barrett for the WWE Championship at the Elimination Chamber PPV. Big moves of the four men involved are shown before we see Angle hitting the Angle Slam on Daniel Bryan to seemingly win the contest. However, we then see Triple H coming down to the ring to cause the distraction and cost the Olympian is chance to win the match. We then see Morrison surprising Angle with the Chuck Kick before rolling him up ... 1 ... 2 ... 3! John Morrison is going to challenge for the WWE Championship! The video moves on to show Chip Butty announcing Triple H’s chance to qualify for the Elimination Chamber match – if he can beat all four members of Nexus in a Gauntlet match. Highlights of this match are shown as we see Hunter hit the Pedigree on Skip Sheffield for the win before Ezekiel Jackson loses via DQ when Sheffield smashes Triple H with a chair to the back. We then see Hunter mounting a comeback against David Otunga until Heath Slater shoves the referee out of the ring to assist Otunga with doing more damage to Hunter. The revived referee is shown counting the 1 ... 2 ... 3 on Hunter and then the look of anger in the Game’s eyes before the video moves on. We see Randy Orton being warned by HBK to not touch Cena, we then see Orton heading out to the ring where Cena is stood. Snippets of the challenge from Cena to face Orton, one more time, one last time, at Elimination Chamber are played before we see Orton accept the challenge and then hits the RKO to SMACKDOWN General Manager, Michael Cole. The video ends with the ice cold eyes of Orton staring through the ropes towards Cena as RAW is about to begin ...

*** BURN IT TO THE GROUND ***

*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***

JIM ROSS:
We are live, ladies and gentlemen, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, thirteen days away from the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view on the Road to WrestleMania 27. We’re here with Monday Night RAW and, King, what a show it is going to be!

JERRY LAWLER:
You’re right about that, JR! The pressure is building on the RAW superstars as they jockey for position heading towards the last major stop on the Road to WrestleMania – Elimination Chamber!

JIM ROSS:
And tonight, King, Chip Butty, the WWE owner, has made a match – it will be a 2 on 1 Handicap Match as Team Angle 2, Joe Hennig and Percy Watson, face Triple H – if the Game can get the win tonight, he will qualify for the RAW Elimination Chamber match and the chance to secure a place in the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania!

JERRY LAWLER:
Every single RAW superstar is desperate to main event WrestleMania, JR!

*** AIN’T NO MAKE BELIEVE ***

*** JOHN MORRISON ***
#1 CONTENDER FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

JIM ROSS:
And this man right here King has a great opportunity to do just that!

The slo-mo entrance of Morrison goes ahead as the brightly coloured pyro explodes behind the Number 1 contender, Morrison holds up his arm to cheers from the WWE Universe as he stands wearing a long coat and shades. Morrison makes his way towards the ring to a good reception as he looks delighted to have the chance to go to Elimination Chamber and challenge for the WWE Championship – his first opportunity at the WWE’s main gold. As Morrison enters the ring, JR and King discuss his chances of victory at the Chamber PPV whilst Morrison salutes the fans. They believe that Morrison needs to find a way to eliminate Nexus ahead of the PPV if he is to stand any chance at all. Morrison has taken a microphone and he stands centrally in the ring as his music fades, we are going to hear from the Number 1 contender here ...

JOHN MORRISON:
Wow! Number 1 contender for the WWE Championship! Yeah!

Nice pop from the WWE Universe here in Minneapolis.

JOHN MORRISON:
Growing up, the WWE Championship was everything I ever wanted. When I broke into the business, I knew I wanted to get to the WWE! When I got to the WWE, I set my sights on winning the WWE Championship. Everything I have done since I arrived here in the WWE has been about getting myself to this position here right now ...

More cheers for Morrison as he certainly appears to be excited about the opportunity he has earned for himself ...

JOHN MORRISON:
In two weeks time, I head to Detroit for the Elimination Chamber with a chance to write my name in the history books – a chance to win the WWE Championship and a chance to earn the right to head to Atlanta, Georgia, for WrestleMania 27 ... as the WWE Champion!

More cheers from the WWE Universe as Morrison’s determination to headline WrestleMania is clear ...

JOHN MORRISON:
WrestleMania 27 ... I’ve dreamed about WrestleMania, I’ve dreamt of headlining it, of raising the WWE Championship high above my head and hearing the WWE Universe cheer ... (More cheers) ... but to do that, I need to overcome Wade Barrett ... and Nexus.

Boos for the mention of the Nexus ...

JOHN MORRISON:
If I am to win the WWE Championship, I will need to somehow find a way to not only beat Barrett but to beat four other men. We all saw what happened at Survivor Series. We all saw what happened at Vengeance. We’ve all seen what happens on RAW most weeks and we all saw what happened to Triple H at the Rumble. The fact of the matter is ...

*** WE ARE ONE ***

*** NEXUS ***
WWE Champion Wade Barrett
Ezekiel Jackson
David Otunga
Skip Sheffield
Heath Slater

Boos erupt around the arena as the WWE Champion, accompanied as ever by his group, heads out for the ring carrying a microphone in one hand and raising his fist in the air with the other. The WWE Championship gleams around the waist of Barrett as he saunters across the stage, ignoring the jeers, before he signals for his music to be faded.

WADE BARRETT:
Morrison, I advise you to shut up. I advise you to shut up ... now!

Morrison scowls at Barrett as he looks from the ring up the ramp where Nexus are slowly heading towards him. Barrett puts his finger to his lips and signals to Morrison to be quiet once more.

WADE BARRETT:
I stopped you there, Morrison, before you said something that you might live to regret. You see, you were about to tell us all what the fact of the matter is. Well, I thought I would come out and finish it for you. (Morrison looks unimpressed) You see, Morrison, the fact of the matter is ... I am just better than you.

Huge boos for this statement – what a claim from Wade Barrett!

WADE BARRETT:
I am better than you, I am better than Triple H, I am better than Kurt Angle, I am better than Randy Orton, I am better than anybody else here on RAW and that, that Morrison, is why I am the WWE Champion.

A glance behind Barrett between Jackson and Sheffield ...

WADE BARRETT:
You see, I know what you claimed last week. You claimed that without these four men behind me, without Justin Gabriel, I would not be the WWE Champion. You could not be further from the truth, Morrison. These men here stand behind me and they know their role in the Nexus. They know that I am the best in the WWE, they know that I deserve to be the WWE Champion.

More raised eyebrows behind Barrett – it appears that he isn’t speaking the complete truth right now!

WADE BARRETT:
I am the leader of the Nexus, Morrison, because I have earned their respect. I won NXT, I earned these men’s respect and they follow my lead as we dominate RAW and the WWE. Without them, would I be WWE Champion? Of course I would be. But I am thankful for the support they give me as I look to shut people like you up.

Barrett and Nexus are now stood at the foot of the ramp. Barrett orders Nexus’ four members to make their way around the ring – Jackson, Otunga, Sheffield and Slater spread out on all four sides – before Barrett steps up the ring steps and through the ropes. He now stands opposite Morrison who is eying the Nexus around the ring with a wary look in his eye. JR and King suggest he needs to get out of there as soon as he can.

WADE BARRETT:
You see, Morrison, I have done in six months what you couldn’t do in six years. I have won the big one, I am the WWE Champion. I will be the WWE Champion at WrestleMania, I will be the WWE Champion for a long time. At Elimination Chamber, Morrison, it will be a walk in the park. I don’t need Nexus to beat you. Nexus will be with me for support only ...

JOHN MORRISON:
Is that a fact?

Barrett looks annoyed by the interruption.

JOHN MORRISON:
Why don’t you back up that claim then, Wade? If you don’t need Nexus, why don’t you prove it? Come out to the ring at Elimination Chamber, come out and face me like a man. One on one?

Barrett smirks once more and laughs in Morrison’s face.

WADE BARRETT:
Is there something wrong with your ears? I’ve just told you, I don’t need Nexus but they will want to be out there to support their leader and I am not going to stop them from doing that.

The camera catches David Otunga looking a little annoyed about something as he narrows his eyes whilst looking into the ring ...

JOHN MORRISON:
Wade, if you are the leader that you say you are, why don’t we do something about this? How about a match tonight?

Cheers from the WWE Universe.

JOHN MORRISON:
How about we have ourselves a match tonight? I’ll find four guys backstage that are willing to team with me to face you and your Nexus here tonight? And if I win, Wade, Nexus are barred from ringside at the Elimination Chamber!

Cheers for this idea, Barrett smirks at it.

WADE BARRETT:
Do you think that will help your chances, Morrison? Trust me, it won’t. I accept your challenge ... (Morrison smiles) ... on one condition!

Morrison’s expression changes slightly as he waits for Barrett to explain ...

WADE BARRETT:
You see, Morrison, Elimination Chamber will be a walk in the park for me. The only danger for me at the Chamber will be injury before WrestleMania 27. The only thing easier than facing you ... would be to have the night off.

Boos and jeers for the comments of Barrett ...

WADE BARRETT:
So, that is the deal, Morrison. If you and your team win, Nexus is barred from ringside. If Nexus win ... you join Nexus and you forfeit the match to me at the Chamber.

Morrison looks angry over the condition but he nods his head ...

JOHN MORRISON:
You’re on, Wade. I will find a team and we will beat you tonight. When tonight is over, Nexus will play no part in our match at the Chamber. And your title, Wade, your title will be in more danger than it has ever been.

Cheers for the determined words of Morrison, can he find a team to banish Nexus from the ring tonight?

WADE BARRETT:
I don’t think so, Morrison. You see, Nexus are more united than ever. Tonight, the Nexus gets a new member ... and I get the night off in two weeks time. Because, Morrison ... (Boos echo around the arena as Barrett looks out to the four men on the four different sides of the ring) ... you’re either Nexus ...

Wade Barrett smirks and beckons the four men to enter the ring; all four of them step up onto the apron and the situation becomes increasingly threatening for the Number 1 contender ...

WADE BARRETT:
... or you’re against us.

Jackson, Otunga, Sheffield and Slater step through the ropes and advance towards Morrison in the middle of the ring as Barrett steps back and drops through the ropes and out of the ring. He laughs as he stands at the foot of the ropes looking up at Morrison who is backing away with a look of worry on his face. However, loud cheers alert us to the presence of somebody else in the arena ...

Carlito, former Nexus member Justin Gabriel and RVD storm down the ramp, past Wade Barrett and slide into the ring sending Nexus scattering. Morrison, in fighting stance ready to take on Nexus, looks relieved to see them and he embraces them as they watch Nexus join Barrett on the ramp. It appears we have four of Team Morrison sorted out – Carlito, US Champion Justin Gabriel and RVD. Nexus back away up the ramp with a look of annoyance on their faces, Barrett in particular. As JR and King remind us, it will be Morrison and four others to face Nexus in a huge Tag Team match – if Team Morrison win, Nexus are barred from ringside at the Elimination Chamber; if Nexus win, Morrison will join Nexus and then forfeit the match at the Elimination Chamber. King says that he hopes Morrison knows what he is doing!

The camera switches backstage where we see Kofi Kingston, all smiles as usual, walking through the backstage area. The SMACKDOWN superstar, the ‘2010 Breakout Star’ here in the WWE, is here tonight for a match – is he the man that John Cena has sent to face Randy Orton in the ‘Beat the Clock’ challenge tonight? JR invites us all to find out after the break!

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

*** VOICES ***

*** RANDY ORTON ***

The crowd erupt as the ‘Viper’ himself walks out with a look of determination etched on his face. Slowly, he makes his way towards the ring as JR and King discuss last week’s challenge from John Cena – one last match between the pair of them at Elimination Chamber. JR runs us through the deal for this week’s Beat the Clock challenge. John Cena will send a member of the SMACKDOWN roster to RAW to face Orton, Orton will send a member of the RAW roster to SMACKDOWN to face Cena. Whoever wins their match in the quickest time, that man will get to choose the match type for the match at the Elimination Chamber, a massive chance to swing the advantage towards them. JR and King speculate over who might be coming out to face Orton – will it be Kofi Kingston? Orton salutes the crowd in the ring with his ‘Destiny’ pose before standing to await the SMACKDOWN star he will face tonight ...

*** CRANK IT UP ***

*** BIG SHOW ***

There is a collective gasp as out steps the Big Show and Orton looks passive as he awaits the World’s Largest Athlete. JR and King hype up the difficulty of the challenge that Orton will face here – how do you quickly beat the Big Show? Show approaches the ring looking confident of defeating the Viper tonight. JR reminds us that Show is preparing for a big match of his own at the Elimination Chamber as he participates in the SMACKDOWN Elimination Chamber match for the World Championship of CM Punk that was confirmed on last Friday night’s SMACKDOWN ...

Show stares up at Orton in the ring who has no fear on his face – he knows the size of the task but also knows he can win it. Show enters the ring and limbers up in preparation before the referee signals for the bell ...

Quote:
SINGLES MATCH – BEAT THE CLOCK CHALLENGE
BIG SHOW vs. RANDY ORTON

Orton, desperate for a win as soon as possible, goes on the attack from the start and he knocks Show off guard early with his fast start. Although Show tries to counter with some of his power moves, he cannot hold Orton down for long and the Viper appears inspired with the thought of a big match with Cena coming up at the Elimination Chamber PPV. Despite the weight of Show, Orton manages to catch his opponent coming through the ropes and he hits – although not with his legs hanging on the ropes – a DDT that crashes Show’s skull into the mat. It is beginning to look academic here for the Viper and he begins to pound the mat waiting ... waiting ... RKO! ORTON HITS THE RKO! Quick as he can, Orton pounces and hooks the leg ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
RANDY ORTON (4:43) via pinfall
Orton looks tired as he rolls away and out of the ring to stand near the announce table but a smile passes over his face as he looks up at the time of 4:43 showing on the titantron and nods his head. He is clearly pleased with the time and the referee raises his hand in victory as JR and King suggest that Cena will do well to beat any member of the RAW roster in less than 4 minutes and 43 seconds. Show looks angry but he exits the ring and begins to walk away up the ramp while Orton steps back into the ring and salutes the crowd ...

???:
Can I have your attention please?

Boos and jeers erupt around the arena as the SMACKDOWN General Manager Michael Cole steps out onto the stage. He has a quiet word with Big Show who stops and stays beside Cole – clearly, Cole wants protection here tonight after last week. Cole is ready to speak to Orton ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Orton, you listen to me for a moment. Minneapolis, be quiet for a moment, give me some respect and listen to what I’ve got to say!

Boos again for Cole as he demands silence from the WWE Universe.

MICHAEL COLE:
Last week, Orton, you put your hands on me and you hit me with an RKO for no good reason. Let’s take a look ...

Cheers for the mention of the RKO last week as footage rolls showing the unprovoked attack from Orton to the SMACKDOWN General Manager ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Orton, the attack was unprovoked, there was no reason for it. Because you’d be banned from striking Cena, you thought that you could attack me? What planet are you on, Orton? What made you think that I would allow you to attack me like that?

Orton is listening to Cole with a look of disdain on his face – he would clearly like to RKO him once more as well. Cole points to himself and then resumes his verbal tirade against the Viper ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Let me tell you something, Orton. Nobody touches Michael Cole. Nobody puts their hands on me. I am the greatest General Manager in WWE history and I do not deserve to be subjected to violence in the way you did last week. So, tonight, I am here to speak to WWE owner Chip Butty to complain about your RKO last week. (Jeers erupt around the arena) I have told you all to be quiet, Minneapolis.

More boos from the crowd as Cole again demands their silence – unsuccessfully.

MICHAEL COLE:
Now, Orton, I have spoken to Chip Butty and he wants to punish you right here, right now, tonight. But I pleaded with him and he agreed that I could speak to you first. He agreed that if you co-operated with me, I could drop the complaint instead. However, if you choose not to co-operate ...

Cole steps into the ring as Big Show waits on the outside of the ring and watches intently.

MICHAEL COLE:
It’s a simple question, Orton. Answer it and the complaint is dropped. Refuse and the punishment will stand.

Orton has a microphone now as he prepares ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Orton, I want you to tell me ... who are you sending to SMACKDOWN on Friday night to face John Cena?

Boos for the question asked, Orton smirks at Cole incredulously, he can’t believe what Cole is asking him. Cole looks at Orton expectantly waiting for the answer ...

RANDY ORTON:
You mean that you are serious? That’s the question? (Cole nods his head) Cole, I don’t care what complaint you have against me. You can go back to SMACKDOWN, you can tell Cena that he can wait until Friday night and then he can prepare for the Elimination Chamber where he is going to get the biggest beatdown on his life. You can tell Cena that when I see him at the Chamber pay-per-view, I am intent on destroying his WrestleMania dream, once and for all, with a devastating ... R ... K ... O!

Cheers echo around the arena for Orton’s words as Cole looks furious that his plan has not worked.

MICHAEL COLE:
Is that it then? You’d rather take the punishment?

Orton laughs in Cole’s face, he does not fear anything that Cole might do.

MICHAEL COLE:
In that case, Orton, let me inform you of the punishment that Chip Butty has decreed ... (Cole looks up at the titantron which still dispays 4:43 as the time for Cena to beat on SMACKDOWN later this week) ... Nice time, Orton. It’s a shame that the punishment that Chip Butty has decided means that ...

Cole smirks at Orton whose smile falters a little ...

MICHAEL COLE:
... the time that Cena now has to beat is 14 minutes and 43 seconds.

Boos echo around the arena, Chip Butty has punished Orton by adding ten minutes to his time. Orton kicks the ropes in frustration and then stares at Cole with a look of longing in his eyes. Cole backs away fearing the worst ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Hold it there, Orton. Hold it there! You don’t want to do that!

Cole stumbles backwards and then falls over and lands on his ass dropping the microphone on the mat. Into the ring comes Big Show behind Orton as he stalks Cole ... Show spins Orton round ... CHOKE SLAM! BIG SHOW CHOKE SLAMS ORTON! Cole looks relieved as he rolls out of the ring and Big Show follows him. Cole is delighted with the actions of Show now and they back away up the ramp smiling. JR and King suggest that whoever Orton chooses from RAW, there is a good chance that Cena will beat that person in 14 minutes and 43 seconds as RAW heads into a commercial ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with the RAW General Manager shown in his office looking left and then right. As the camera pans out, we see that HBK is stood in the middle of two RAW superstars who were supposed to face each other last week – Chris Jericho and Edge. Jericho is fuming as he focuses completely on Edge; the Rated R Superstar’s focus flicks between Jericho and the GM. Michaels holds his hands up to keep the two of them apart and then speaks ...

SHAWN MICHAELS:
OK, guys, listen to me and listen good because I am not going to accept a repeat of last week. I have two spots remaining in the Elimination Chamber match in two weeks and, tonight, one of you is going to fill those spots. You see, I am making a tag team match tonight and it will be you, Chris Jericho, teaming with Daniel Bryan to face you, Edge ...

A frosty atmosphere between Edge and HBK as he turns his head to look that way ...

SHAWN MICHAELS:
... and your partner, Sheamus. If your team wins, Jericho, you will qualify for the Chamber. Edge, if your team wins, you qualify. I want it to be a fair contest, I want you to respect the rules and I want you to get this sorted tonight. Do you understand me?

HBK looks alternately at both men who semi acknowledge the proclamation of HBK ...

CHRIS JERICHO:
That’s fine by me, Michaels. Tonight, I get the win I need, in front of all the Jericholics watching, and I qualify for the Elimination Chamber. The fact that I get to give you a beating, junior ... (Jericho smirks at Edge) ... will be a bonus.

Edge chuckles as Jericho exits the General Manager’s office but the camera stays with him as he looks at Shawn Michaels ...

EDGE:
You know what, Shawn? It’s about time you recognised what a talent you have here on RAW in myself. You force me to qualify for everything when you should just place me in the matches to start with. At the Rumble, I know I proved myself to you but you can’t accept that can you? Why don’t you cut out the stubborn attitude and just accept that I am the biggest star on RAW right now?

HBK smiles at Edge ...

SHAWN MICHAELS:
Edge, as ever, big words. You seem to forget that at the Rumble, it was me that eliminated you. Remember? (Cheers from the crowd as they recall this but Edge looks angered by this reminder) Now, I don’t need to explain myself to you and I told you weeks ago that I wouldn’t explain myself to you. If you don’t like my decisions, that it tough. I’m the General Manager around here and what I say goes ...

HBK’s attention is turned towards somebody else who walks into the room – WWE owner Chip Butty is here again tonight! He simply pauses for a second and then nods his head in greeting to Michaels before moving past as Edge turns and leaves. The camera focuses on HBK as he looks thoughtful before returning to the ring in time for the arrival of the participants of the next match ...

*** NEW FOUNDATION ***

*** HART DYNASTY ***
David Hart Smith
Tyson Kidd
(w/Natalya)

A good pop for the Hart Dynasty as they head out towards the ring ready for action here tonight with Natalya by their sides as normal. The former Tag Team Champions make their way into the ring and salute the crowd before Kidd takes a microphone and it appears that he has something to say here before their match.

TYSON KIDD:
Back at the Royal Rumble, we were robbed out of our opportunity to win the Tag Team Championships when we were attacked by Finlay during the British Empire’s entrance ...

A replay of Finlay hitting Kidd in the knee with the flag and then jamming it into the stomach of Hart Smith is shown before we see Kidd then tapping out to the Regal Stretch moments later ...

TYSON KIDD:
Now, David and I took a couple of weeks off after that attack but now we’re back. We realise that Cryme Tyme also have issues with the Empire but tonight we are going to show that we are the ones who deserve to challenge for the titles. Tonight, we beat the Empire and get our shots at the Tag Team Championships.

JR informs us that this is not officially a match to determine a Number 1 contender but King reminds us that a win over the champions always gets you noticed and should lead to a title match down the line.

*** RULE BRITTANNIA ***

*** BRITISH EMPIRE ***
Mason Ryan
William Regal
(w/Finlay) | Tag Team Champions

Finlay waves the Union Jack flag as the Empire head out to the ring proudly wearing their Tag Team Championships around their waists. Ryan leads the way and he looks ready for a brawl here tonight but Regal hangs back a little, an air of suspicion in his eyes, a look of annoyance. As the Empire step through the ropes, boos echo around the arena, the Empire are already well disliked by the WWE Universe, and they have words with the Dynasty who look pumped up and ready to go here tonight. Regal discusses things with Ryan and they agree to Regal starting the match whilst David Hart Smith is going to start for the Dynasty ...

Quote:
TAG TEAM MATCH (Non-Title)
BRITISH EMPIRE (w/Finlay) vs. HART DYNASTY

With the Dynasty desperate for a win to get them right in the frame for a shot at the Tag Team Championships, they start out fast and take control of the match early. However, with some distraction from Finlay outside the ring, the Empire get on top and the muscle of Mason Ryan keeps them in control as he begins to cut Tyson Kidd off from his partner and corner. Quick tags between Regal and Ryan allow them to remain fresh but Kidd cannot get away from them to make the tag. However, Kidd’s quick feet do allow him to counter when Regal looks for a suplex and David Hart Smith is able to get the hot tag that brings the Dynasty back into the match. Hart Smith runs through Regal with some heavy hitting shoulder blocks before he knocks Ryan to the floor as well. Finlay looks to cause more distraction as he leaps onto the apron but Tyson Kidd spots him and catches him with a Roundhouse kick that sends him spinning back off the apron. Hart Smith lifts Regal up in the air so that his head, shoulders and chest are exposed so that Kidd can hit a springboard dropkick that crashes Regal down to the mat. Hart Smith grabs the legs of the Tag Team Champion and the crowd get to their feet as they prepare to see the Sharpshooter ... However, Finlay and Ryan are up and they manage to drag Regal out of the ring to safety. To the disgust of the crowd, the Champions begin to back away up the ramp with Finlay carrying their Tag Team belts with him. Jeers and boos echo around the arena as the referee begins the count and reaches 5 with no sign of the Empire returning ... 6 ... Kidd wants to go out and fetch them but the referee holds both the Dynasty boys back ... 7 ... Regal waves his hand to dismiss the chances of returning to the ring ...

** 8 **
** 9 **
** 10 **

WINNER:
HART DYNASTY (5:17) via countout
The crowd boo as the Empire back away up the ramp and take the easy way out of the match rather than fight the Dynasty who look on frustrated in the ring. Kidd and Hart Smith drop down through the ropes and stand at the foot of the ramp as they watch the Tag Team Champions on the stage heading away from them.

*** BRINGIN’ DA HOOD T U ***

*** CRYME TYME ***
JTG
Shad

The Empire look behind them with a look of concern as Cryme Tyme appear on stage with grinning faces as they sandwich the champions. Regal and Finlay look worried and they drag Ryan with them as they look to find a safe spot away from the two teams who desperately want their chance to win the Tag Team Championships from them. As Cryme Tyme and the Dynasty move in on them, the Empire decide to cut their losses and they rush off towards the side of the stage and escape the attention of the two teams who are left on the stage looking to each other. The referee – carrying the Tag Team Championships – is left stood between them as the champions have made their exits. As Cryme Tyme and the Dynasty look to each other, JTG grabs one of the belts from the referee and holds up in a symbolic gesture towards Hart Smith and Kidd. Kidd grabs the other belt and he raises it high too – clearly, both teams want their shots and want them very soon.

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with Jim Ross and King at the announce table looking into the camera ...

JIM ROSS:
Ladies and Gentlemen, we are now moving down the ‘Road to WrestleMania’ and, King, it is that time of year again. The time of year where the WWE looks to honour the best in the history of the business ...

King nods his head in agreement ...

JERRY LAWLER:
You know, JR, I accomplished a lot here in the WWE and with other wrestling promotions around the world but my proudest ever moment was when I was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

JIM ROSS:
I echo those sentiments, King, I am proud to say that I am a WWE Hall of Famer.

The camera zooms in on the hands of JR and King that proudly display their WWE Hall of Fame rings that they are wearing tonight. The camera zooms back out as JR continues ...

JIM ROSS:
So, King, as we begin the long road down towards Atlanta, Georgia and WrestleMania 27, as we grow more and more excited over the matches we are going to witness when we get there, it’s time to find out just who will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame the night before WrestleMania 27 as an inductee of the ‘Class of 2011’ ...

JERRY LAWLER:
There are many suggestions over who could go in the Hall of Fame, JR, the fact is though, those that do need to have done that little bit extra for the business to set themselves apart. Less than 100 people have been inducted so far.

JIM ROSS:
The prestigious first inductee to the WWE Hall of Fame is to be announced right now, King. Here to announce it is the WWE owner ... Chip Butty.

*** POPPIHOLLA ***

*** CHIP BUTTY ***
Owner of the WWE

Butty makes his way out – to a degree of heat – but he looks serious here tonight, there is no taunting of the crowd and he is holding a microphone as the WWE Hall of Fame logo appears on the titantron. The crowd, intelligently, realise that this is not Butty out here to taunt them, wind them up or to play the bad guy, this is Butty out here to announce the first inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame ... Butty steps into the ring and smiles as the camera focuses in on him.

CHIP BUTTY:
You know, guys, I’ve been in charge of the WWE for just over four months and I’ve seen a lot of things happen so far. It’s a job I’ve always dreamed of and it’s something that I’ve found to be a hell of a lot more difficult than I could have ever imagined. Yet, tonight, I have the pleasure of announcing the first inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame for 2011.

Applause for Butty from the fans ...

CHIP BUTTY:
When I bought the WWE back in September, I bought it from a man who I can only describe as a ‘legend’ ...

Cheers from the crowd as they realise early who this is going to be ...

CHIP BUTTY:
So let us find out right now ... the first inductee of the ‘Class of 2011’ in the WWE Hall of Fame is going to be ...

Attention turns towards the titantron and the video that is about to play ...

As the video ends, the first inductee of the ‘Class of 2011’ is confirmed on the titantron ...

*** VINCE McMAHON ***

Appreciation is shown from the WWE Universe as they applaud and cheer and there is even a ‘Thank You, Vince!’ chant that goes up. Butty allows the applause and cheering to continue but when it fades, he begins to speak again ...

CHIP BUTTY:
Ladies and Gentlemen, let me run down some of this man’s accomplishments here in the WWE ... Vince McMahon was involved in the wrestling industry from 1969 when he helped his father, Vince McMahon Senior, to establish the WWWF as an announcer and as a promoter. He was the man responsible for the infamous match between the great Muhammad Ali ...(Huge cheers for Ali) ... and Antonio Inoki. Vince McMahon took control of the World Wrestling Federation and established it as a global product throughout the 1980’s as the business boomed, he created an event that has become the biggest event in the history of wrestling ... WrestleMania.

Cheers for the mention of Vince’s WrestleMania creation ...

CHIP BUTTY:
Between 1982 and 2011, Vince McMahon transformed the image of wrestling and oversaw the star power of greats like Hulk Hogan ... (Huge pop) ... Andre the Giant ... (Huge pop) ... Macho Man Randy Savage ... (Huge pop) ... Bret “The Hitman” Hart ... (Huge pop) Shawn Michaels ... (Huge pop) ... and The Rock ... (Huge pop) Vince McMahon adapted the WWF for different times and different eras, he saw it through a change of name and he became a millionaire of a multi-national company. The WWE is what it is today because of the business acumen of Vince McMahon!

More cheers ...

CHIP BUTTY:
However, Vince McMahon is not just a legendary businessman. He is also a legend out here, in the ring and at the announce table, he brought us Mr. McMahon, the owner of the company, the two time World Champion ... and the winner of the 1999 Royal Rumble. Mr. McMahon squared off against the greatest in the world at WrestleMania and, despite not being a professionally trained wrestler, he always delivered on the biggest stage. He was the larger than life evil Mr. McMahon, the man who fired legends, the man who forced people to kiss his ass and the man that had perhaps the greatest feud of all time here in the WWE ...

The video ends and there is a deafening applause in the arena ...

CHIP BUTTY:
Ladies and Gentlemen, it is an honour and privilege to announce that the prestigious first inductee in the ‘Class of 2011’ for the WWE Hall of Fame will be ... VINCE McMAHON!

Huge cheers from the WWE Universe, a worthy pick for the Hall of Fame it seems ... RAW heads into another commercial with the ‘Thank You, Vince!’ chant echoing around the arena here in Minneapolis tonight ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with the camera following chaos backstage here in the arena. We see two SMACKDOWN superstars out backstage – Big Show and Kofi Kingston and they are being restrained by security after it appears that an argument has begun. JR informs us that Big Show tried to assault Kofi but the Ghanaian managed to duck the shot and then he responded by laying into Show, the man who he has had numerous issues with recently. As the security continue to try and restrain them, Kofi taunts Show ...

KOFI KINGSTON:
Look at you, man! You’re a complete failure, a loser. You’re here on RAW, hand picked by John Cena and Michael Cole, you go out there to try and destroy Randy Orton and you get beat in less than five minutes?

Show roars in frustration at the words of Kofi and again tries to break through the security but he can’t ...

KOFI KINGSTON:
Face it, Show, you’re past your best! You like to throw your weight around and intimidate people but it’s not working no more. You can’t get the job done no more. It’ll be the same at the Elimination Chamber, typical Big Show ...

Kofi is laughing as he openly mocks Show now with the crowd laughing along with him here.

KOFI KINGSTON:
You’ll come out to the ring, you’ll roar a lot, you’ll throw a punch or two ... and then you’ll lose. Typical Big Show. And you know what, Show? This time, when you’re in the back, defeated and beaten again, I’ll still be in the ring, the last man to survive ... and I’ll become the new World Heavyweight Champion!

More roars of frustration from Show as Kofi voluntarily begins to move away as the camera focuses on the irate face of Show, Kofi has just wound him up big time here. As the camera focuses on his face, King questions whether that was a wise move from Kofi considering that he still has a match to come later tonight when he goes one on one with the RAW Money in the Bank contract holder, The Miz. The camera returns to the ring and it is time for the next match of the evening ...

*** METALINGUS ***

*** EDGE ***

As his pyro explodes behind him, the opinionated Rated R Superstar paces towards the ring ready for action in a tag team match here tonight. JR reminds us that Edge is relying upon his partner, Sheamus, to help him succeed and qualify for the RAW Elimination Chamber match at the expense of Chris Jericho, one of his opponents tonight. Edge poses in the ring as the crowd boo him, they are not with him tonight ...

*** WRITTEN IN MY FACE ***

*** SHEAMUS ***
(w/Hornswoggle)

The jeers and boos remain, possibly intensify, as the Celtic Warrior heads out onto the stage with the pint-sized troll, Hornswoggle, at his feet. After the past few months, in which Sheamus has elevated himself into the upper card here on RAW with controversial wins over Triple H, there are many people who fear that, according to JR, the Irishman could well get the win at the Elimination Chamber and secure himself a spot in the main event WWE Championship match at WrestleMania 27. Sheamus pounds at his chest once he enters the ring with Hornswoggle cheering him before he looks towards Edge and the two of them nod to each other in agreement as they prepare to greet their opposition here tonight ...

*** BREAK THE WALLS DOWN ***

*** CHRIS JERICHO ***

Explosions signal the arrival of Y2J, the rock star, as he heads out towards the ring also looking to secure his place in the Chamber match in two weeks. Jericho looks pumped up as replays of Edge’s attack last week are shown before his comeback Codebreaker is also shown. As the camera returns to the ring, Jericho pauses on the ring steps and turns to wait for his partner tonight ...

*** RIDE OF THE VALKYRIES ***

*** DANIEL BRYAN ***

Here comes the American Dragon, Daniel Bryan! A nice pop for Bryan as he sidesteps towards the ring pointing up to the ceiling, he looks positive about this match as well. As he approaches the ring, Bryan stares at Sheamus with a look of annoyance in his eyes – replays of Sheamus’ attack on him after Bryan beat Sheamus two weeks ago are shown. JR and King discuss the chances of Daniel Bryan as he faces Sheamus in the RAW Elimination Chamber match in thirteen days time – can Bryan upset the odds again and earn a shot at the WWE Championship at WrestleMania?

Quote:
TAG TEAM MATCH – whichever team wins, Edge or Jericho to qualify for RAW Elimination Chamber match
CHRIS JERICHO & DANIEL BRYAN vs. EDGE & SHEAMUS (w/Hornswoggle)

Good tag team match that – for the early stages at least – keeps the main feuds separated as much as possible – Jericho and Edge are separate, so are Sheamus and Bryan. Sheamus’ power helps him begin to dominate over Jericho in the ring but the wily veteran is not as easy to keep down as he might appear and he is able to frustrate the big Celtic Warrior at every turn as he counters and reverses situations to keep himself in the match – a match he needs to win to qualify for the Chamber match. When Sheamus finally catches Y2J with an Irish Curse backbreaker, Edge suddenly wants to get involved and he makes a tag to come in after Jericho who he has had issues with recently. Edge hits the Edgeocution to Y2J but when he goes for the cover, he only manages to get a 2 count. Frustrated, Edge moves back and signals for his finisher – the Spear. The crowd chant for Y2J but he is getting up and is going to turn right into it despite the warnings of his partner, Bryan. Edge rushes across the ring but Jericho dodges and Edge eats the turnbuckle as Jericho dives over and makes the tag to Bryan. In comes Daniel with a running drop kick in the corner before he hits a forearm to knock Sheamus down as well to heighten the tension between those two further. Bryan connects with a German Suplex to Edge and holds on for a 2 count before a series of devastating kicks to the side of the head and shoulders put Edge down once more. Bryan is hot here and he tries to go for the Le Bell Lock but Edge is too strong and he resists and gets to the ropes. Reversing a whip to the ropes, Edge sends Bryan back first into the turnbuckle and goes running in after him ... Bryan gets the knees up and staggers Edge back again before slamming him down to the mat and heading for the top rope. Bryan dives off and hits a perfect Diving Headbutt before hooking the leg ... 1 ... 2 ... No! Edge kicks out at the last second. However, Bryan is not to be denied here and he immediately transitions himself and Edge ... LE BELL LOCK! BRYAN HAS THE LE BELL LOCK SUBMISSION HOLD ON EDGE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING! Edge is desperately crawling to the ropes but he is nowhere near and he is losing strength here, will he tap out? Edge is weakening now, Bryan pulls back harder and the tap out seems seconds away ... BAM! Vicious shot from Sheamus to break the hold and the crowd jeer these actions as they believe that Edge was beaten there! Bryan and Sheamus battle it out in the corner and the Irishman’s power gets the better of Bryan, he catches him in the ropes and thumps hard at his chest. As he ignores the referee’s appeal for him to exit the ring, Jericho reaches over and makes a tag to Bryan, he comes in and goes for Sheamus and knocks him down to the mat before hitting the Lionsault ... Sheamus rolls out of the ring and walks into Bryan who hits a double knee to the face of the Celtic Warrior as he comes flying off the apron. Jericho spins round in the ring though ... SPEAR! EDGE HITS THE SPEAR TO JERICHO! Edge hooks the leg but one of Jericho’s legs is under the bottom rope ...

** 1 **
** 2 **

** Jericho’s foot is on the ropes! **

** 3 **

WINNER:
EDGE & SHEAMUS (7:03) via pinfall
Edge rolls out of the ring and away from the scene of the ‘crime’ with a smirk on his face as he backs up the ramp looking back at Jericho who is fuming. Jericho kicks at the ropes in frustration as he complains to the referee who signals that it is over – Edge wins and qualifies for the Elimination Chamber. Bryan joins Jericho’s protestations but they are falling on deaf ears as the referee didn’t see the foot on the ropes. Jericho, angry at Edge’s taunting from the ramp, quickly jumps through the ropes and makes off after Edge who disappears out of the arena. Bryan, looking annoyed, turns to leave as well ... BAM! BROGUE KICK! SHEAMUS DOWNS BRYAN ONCE AGAIN! As Daniel Bryan lays on his back on the mat, Sheamus stands over him and laughs – he looks super confident of himself as we head towards the Elimination Chamber, Hornswoggle too. JR suggests that Sheamus is the favourite heading into the Chamber and King can’t argue – it could be Sheamus challenging for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania!

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with Josh Mathews in the interview pit and he is preparing for an interview with somebody ...

JOSH MATHEWS:
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time ... the Number 1 contender for the United States Championship ... TED DIBIASE!

Into shot comes DiBiase, the Million Dollar Title over his shoulder, dressed in a suit and tie, he is not competing tonight it seems. DiBiase smirks as he awaits the question from the interviewer ...

JOSH MATHEWS:
Ted, at the Rumble, you beat Daniel Bryan and earned the chance to face United States Champion Justin Gabriel for the US Championship at a time of your choosing. Can you indicate when you are planning to challenge Justin?

DiBiase fiddles with the Million Dollar Championship before answering ...

TED DIBIASE:
Josh, haven’t you worked it out? When would be the best time to challenge Gabriel for the US Championship? Let me think ... What about ... Elimination Chamber? After all, then I can embarrass him on PPV, take his title and send him away back to South Africa where he belongs!

DiBiase looks as if he is making the Elimination Chamber match official – US Championship, Gabriel vs. DiBiase!

TED DIBIASE:
Just look at the champions here on RAW for a moment. WWE Champion? British. Tag Team Champions? British. Divas Champion? French Canadian. US Champion? South African. Is it me or is there something wrong here, Josh? I’ve heard of the American Dream but this is simply and utterly ridiculous. The United States Championship is the worst of all – that needs an American champion that the people of the United States can be proud of.

Some cheers for this comment from the WWE Universe but DiBiase is about to spoil it ...

TED DIBIASE:
I don’t mean somebody like Daniel Bryan. I don’t mean people like Cryme Tyme or John Morrison. I don’t mean anybody that ever come from the state of Minnesota.

Jeers now for DiBiase as he offends crowd favourites and the state of Minnesota ...

TED DIBIASE:
The people of America need somebody like me – full of class, full of style, a wealthy man with an excellent dress sense -

DiBiase clears some dust off his lapels ...

TED DIBIASE:
... to be their champion. In two weeks at the Elimination Chamber, I will become the role model and champion that these people can be proud of, that these people can look up to and aspire to be. And Justin Gabriel, a street urchin from South Africa ...

Boos for this comment about Gabriel ...

TED DIBIASE:
... well, Gabriel will find out that this is my time here in the WWE and he can take himself back to his homeland safe in the knowledge that he has been beaten by a better man. Thank you, Josh.

Phony thanks given by DiBiase to the interviewer before he turns to leave and the cameras return to the ringside area where JR and King are sat with their eyebrows raised at DiBiase’s comments.

JIM ROSS:
Some interesting comments from Ted DiBiase, King, nevertheless, we are waiting for news from backstage about tonight’s main event ...

JERRY LAWLER:
What a huge main event it could turn out to be, JR. A ten man tag match between Nexus and John Morrison’s team – we already know that Morrison will be joined by Carlito, Gabriel and RVD but who will be the fifth member of the team?

JIM ROSS:
A big decision for John Morrison to make, the stakes are high for him here tonight – if he wins, the Nexus are barred from ringside when he challenges for the WWE Championship of Wade Barrett in two weeks at the Elimination Chamber ...

JERRY LAWLER:
That’s true, JR, but he has gambled his WWE Championship match in order to try and take out Nexus. If Morrison loses tonight, he joins Nexus and then forfeits his chance to challenge Barrett at all.

The camera switches backstage where we Morrison looking around frantically trying to find somebody to join his team here tonight on RAW. He doesn’t appear to be having much luck before the camera returns to the ring ...

*** S.O.S. ***

*** KOFI KINGSTON ***

As Kofi bounds out for his match, JR and King discuss the ongoing rivalry between Kofi and Big Show whilst replays of their confrontation earlier tonight plays out – security surround them as we hear Kofi’s taunts to Show repeated. King suggests that Kofi needs to focus on the Chamber and his chance to win the World Championship rather than antagonise the Big Show but JR reminds us that Show has put Kofi through trouble recently and deserves to be stood up to. Kofi is in the ring grinning at the replay that has just aired on the titantron as he awaits his opponent tonight ...

*** AWESOME! ***

*** I CAME TO PLAY ***

*** THE MIZ ***
Money in the Bank contract holder

Out strides Miz, already secure of his place in the RAW Elimination Chamber match, with a microphone in one hand and the Money in the Bank briefcase in the other. Miz is looking to the ring at Kofi thoughtfully with a look of incredulity in his eyes. Miz struts down to the ramp and holds up the microphone to signal for his music to be faded out ...

THE MIZ:
Really?

Miz’ catchphrase is repeated back to him by the WWE Universe ...

THE MIZ:
Really? REALLY? Tonight, two weeks before I earn the WrestleMania main event spot, I have to face this ... this ... this loser from SMACKDOWN? Really?

Jeers for Miz’ comment about Kofi being a loser ...

THE MIZ:
Everybody knows, Kofi, everybody knows that RAW is the A-show around here, everybody knows that SMACKDOWN is second rate. You’re claiming to be the next big thing here in the WWE, you seem to be on a roll, the WWE’s Breakout Star of 2010 ... but you’re doing it on the B-show? (More boos for Miz) SMACKDOWN doesn’t have any stars, Kofi. SMACKDOWN doesn’t have anybody worthy of being in a match with me. It’s high time that SMACKDOWN superstars stayed away from RAW where they simply don’t belong ...

JR apologises to the WWE Universe for Miz’ comments about SMACKDOWN and hypes up the show as being an excellent watch as Kofi watches Miz angrily as he climbs the ring steps ...

THE MIZ:
You need to calm yourself down, Kofi. Your career is not heading for the stars, your career is stagnating and you don’t even see it. You haven’t managed to win that World Championship despite numerous chances, you couldn’t win the Royal Rumble because I eliminated you ...

Kofi looks ready to snap here ...

THE MIZ:
Face it, Kofi, you’re going nowhere. And you think you can come here tonight and beat me? You think you can defeat the man who is a guaranteed WWE Champion of the future? Really, Kofi? Really?

Miz is laughing now at Kofi who is being restrained by the officials so that Miz can enter the ring ...

THE MIZ:
I don’t think you can, Kofi. You want to know why? (Kofi continues to be restrained) Because I’m the Miz ... And I’m ... AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEESSSSOOOOMMMME!

Miz laughs once more as he tosses away the microphone and removes his shirt ready for action. The referee takes the briefcase away as JR and King run down Miz for his comments, they point out that both these men have been on an incredible roll of late and both could be the future of the WWE as we head towards WrestleMania and through 2011 ...

Quote:
SINGLES MATCH
KOFI KINGSTON vs. THE MIZ

An even match between two of the WWE’s brightest young talents as Kofi Kingston locks up with Miz. The man who holds the Money in the Bank contract, Miz, seems to have control of the match when he manages to dodge an attempted Trouble in Paradise kick from Kofi around the 6:00 mark and he follows up with a backbreaker across the point of his knee followed by a twisting neckbreaker that leaves Kingston down on the mat. Miz is only able to pick up the 2 count but it gives him the upper hand and he begins to punish Kofi with several clotheslines in the corner as well as a boot to the face as he runs in on the Ghanaian in the corner of the ring. However, Miz is only able to get the 2 count and he frustratedly argues with the referee over it. Climbing to the top turnbuckle, Miz comes off and hits a Double Axe Handle to the head of Kofi, he makes another cover but again it is only good enough for a 2 count. As Kofi gets to his knees, Miz decides that it is time to finish things and he hits a DDT that crashes Kofi head first into the mat. Rather than make the pinfall though, Miz gets to his feet and stalks behind Kofi, out of sight, waiting for him to get to his feet. When Kofi does, Miz sneaks up behind him, locks up his arms ... Skull Crushing Finale? No! Kingston manages to elbow his way out of it and then takes advantage of the Miz’ momentary spin to leap up and hit an impressive standing drop kick to buy himself some time as Miz tumbles through the ropes.

Kofi rolls out of the ring and he chases after Miz before catching him near the announce desk. With the referee in pursuit, Kofi whips Miz hard into the barricades to the delight of the fans at ringside who cheer louder. The referee demands that Kofi gets the action back in the ring and Kofi seems to be accepting this idea when Miz charges at him looking for another boot to the face. Kofi ducks underneath but the referee isn’t so quick and he takes the boot of Miz hard into his face and is knocked down hard on the outside. With the referee down, the crowd get to their feet expecting something to happen. In the ring go Miz and Kingston and it is Kofi that gets the upper hand as he locks Miz up ... S.O. S! KOFI STRIKES WITH THE S.O.S TO MIZ! However, Kofi isn’t finished there as he takes a few moments to recover and then sneaks up on Miz and waits ... TROUBLE IN PARADISE! KOFI CONNECTS WITH A RIGHT BOOT TO THE FACE OF MIZ! Kofi hooks the leg and ... Nothing. No referee. Kofi realises where the referee is and he heads out to check on him now. Kofi is bent over the referee when there is a commotion in the crowd. Kofi gets back to his full height and then ... BOOM!

WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION! THE WMD PUNCH FROM BIG SHOW! Kofi is out cold on the outside of the ring, Show has completely knocked him cold for the third or fourth week in succession. The crowd are booing but there is nothing that can be done, the referee didn’t see it. Show rolls a prone Kofi back into the ring and then shakes up the referee and rolls him back into the ring as well. Miz is amazed as he watches on, he isn’t prepared to stop this and he simply watches and waits ... As Show exits, Miz watches Kofi who is starting to stir again. Miz goes back to the referee and he manages to get the referee back to his knees, he can see what he is doing. Miz drags Kofi up, there is little point to this, he could pin Kofi already ... SKULL CRUSHING FINALE! MIZ HITS THE SKULL CRUSHING FINALE! Kofi’s already battered head hits the mat once more and Miz hooks the leg. Slowly, still a bit dazed, the referee makes the count ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
THE MIZ (8:43) via pinfall
Replays of Big Show’s involvement in the match are shown as we see the WMD punch that knocked down Kofi Kingston as he was getting to his feet – JR and King are outraged by the cheap shot and they run down Show for it. Replays of Miz taking advantage are shown and the announcers bemoan the fact that Show interfered in a high quality match between two of the best young stars in the WWE and that they wouldn’t see a true result. King suggests that the win is tarnished for Miz but he is backing away up the ramp looking delighted to have got another win – his undefeated streak in 2011 continues. Can Miz earn the chance to battle for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania?

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with huge news from SMACKDOWN General Manager Michael Cole – this Friday on SMACKDOWN, Big Show and Kofi Kingston will finally compete one on one in a match as their grudge comes to a head ...

*** FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN LIVE ***

BIG SHOW

vs.

KOFI KINGSTON

JR and King are happy about the match made – King begrudgingly praises Michael Cole – and the chance to see Kofi get revenge on Show for interfering in his match tonight before the break. Another replay of Show’s WMD punch is shown before the camera switches to the locker room where Kurt Angle and his new team, Team Angle 2, are stood talking. Percy Watson and Joe Hennig appear to be listening intently to advice from Kurt ...

KURT ANGLE:
You’ve done everything I’ve asked so far, you’ve listened to everything I’ve told you. You’ve taken my 3 I’s on board – intelligence, integrity and intensity. I’m happy with you both so far but tonight, tonight, you need to prove that you are worth your place with an Olympic Gold Medal winner. You need to prove your worth tonight.

Hennig and Watson nod their heads, they are pumped up for tonight as they face Triple H in a Handicap Match – if Triple H wins, he qualifies for the RAW Elimination Chamber match and has a chance to deny Angle his chance to go to WrestleMania.

KURT ANGLE:
I’ve been screwed by Triple H enough in my career, he cost me a shot at the Undisputed Championship back at WrestleMania 18 and I don’t want to give him the chance to do it again. Guys, you must stop him getting into the Chamber match, I’m counting on you.

Both Watson and Hennig again nod their heads at Kurt ...

KURT ANGLE:
You’ve got to do whatever it takes to get the 3-count and get the job done. I know you can do it. Good luck, guys.

The three of them slap hands and then Joe Hennig and Percy Watson exit the locker room with Angle watching them leave with a look of slight concern in his eyes. Does he really trust his new recruits to get the job done tonight? Why is he so desperate to deny Triple H a place in the match? The camera switches back to the ring and the arrival of the afore-mentioned ‘Game’ ...

*** TIME TO PLAY THE GAME ***

*** TRIPLE H ***

The crowd pops big time for the arrival of the ‘Cerebral Assassin’ as he heads out into the spotlight looking ready to fight and earn his place in the Chamber. JR and King hype up the fact that Hunter has been in more Chamber matches than anybody and that he has been victorious in the monstrous structure before – King suggests that is why Angle doesn’t want him in the match in two weeks time. Triple H jumps on the apron and spits water into the air as the lights return and then he jumps up the ropes to salute the crowd with a look of intensity in his eyes as he prepares for another difficult task here ...

*** MEDAL ***

*** TEAM ANGLE 2 ***
Joe Hennig
Percy Watson

Boos for the newest team here on RAW as the two rookies head out dressed in red, white and blue and looking nervous as they head towards the ring. As they approach the ring, JR informs us of their history so far – he tells us about Hennig’s famous father, the legendary Mr. Perfect, and his training from legends like Harley Race and Brock Lesnar before moving on to Watson and his football experiences in the NFL before he joined the WWE. Hennig and Watson step into the ring and Hunter, a veteran here, stares at them as if trying to intimidate them. The referee signals for the bell – can Triple H overcome the numbers and earn his spot in the Elimination Chamber at the second time of asking?

Quote:
2 vs. 1 HANDICAP MATCH – if Triple H wins, he qualifies for the RAW Elimination Chamber match
JOE HENNIG & PERCY WATSON (Team Angle 2) vs. TRIPLE H

Triple H is clearly the better of the three wrestlers and, in the early stages of the match, he manages to hold his own against two men as he alternates between the pair of them, handing them an harsh lesson in the ways of the WWE. However, the numbers game eventually catches up with Hunter as he attempts to his a Pedigree on Percy Watson. Joe Hennig manages to sneak up behind him and he hits a German Suplex that gets a 2 count, the surprise of it adding to Hunter’s problem when kicking out. Hennig calls out to his team-mate and they appear to be reinvigorated as they now lay a beating on the Cerebral Assassin. Watson gets to his feet and he punches Triple H over and over as Hennig restrains him. Watson pops Hunter into the ropes and then leaves him to Hennig who scoops him up – Side Slam Backbreaker over his knee. Triple H writhes in pain but there is no end in sight as he is dragged back to his feet and Watson lifts him up into a Fireman’s Carry and then drops him in a Flapjack move. On commentary, JR refers to this Fireman Carry Flapjack as Percycution and says he was informed of it earlier. Watson makes the cover but it is only going to be a 2. Now, Hennig decides he needs to try something bigger. He drags Triple H up and hits a Cradle Suplex where he bridges immediately into the cover ... 1 ... 2 ... No! Triple H is fighting hard as Watson and Hennig hit their best shots ... Frustration on the face of Hennig but he is determined, as his Watson, they want to get a huge win here on RAW tonight. Hennig whips Hunter to the ropes once more, he catches him and hits an Atomic Drop but he doesn’t release Hunter immediately and Watson hits a running drop kick to Triple H as well ... This time, surely? Hennig rolls Hunter up with both legs ... 1 ... 2 ... No! Triple H kicks out again!

The frustration on the faces of Watson and Hennig are clear now and they both hold their heads wondering what they need to do to beat Triple H here. Large boos go up from the crowd though as somebody is heading ringside ...

Kurt Angle is coming out here to keep an eye on his team, Team Angle, he gets to the edge of the ring and he calms his men down and encourages them to keep going. Hennig grabs Triple H by the head as he gets to his knees and sets for a suplex but Hunter blocks it and refuses to be suplexed. In the end, HHH wriggles clear and he hits right hands to Hennig before ducking his attempted shot ... As Hennig comes off the ropes, Triple H lifts him up ... Spinebuster! Watson attacks from behind but Trips has found a second wind here as he looks to qualify for the RAW Chamber match. As Watson goes for a Stinger splash in the corner, Hunter moves out of the way and kicks him in the gut ... PEDIGREE! TRIPLE H PEDIGREES PERCY WATSON! Triple H makes the cover and hooks the leg ... 1 ... 2 ... No! Hennig drags Triple H out of the ring by his legs and shoulder barges him into the ring steps. Watson is down and out in the ring and the referee orders Hennig back in. The distraction to the referee by Hennig means that we now have 3 vs. 1 ... Angle laying down the stomps and right hands to Triple H – not very Olympic like as JR points out. Angle rolls Triple H back into the ring as the referee turns, he looks to Angle suspiciously but says nothing, Hennig is booting the hell out Hunter now. Hunter is down on the mat and Hennig climbs to the top rope ... Diving Elbow! Misses! Hunter moves away at the last second and Hennig smashes down hard on the mat before rolling away. Kurt looks on worried as Hunter recovers, Watson still down from the Pedigree. Suddenly, Hennig is back in the ring with a steel chair! The referee goes towards him and demands he get rid of it but Hennig is having none of it and he tries to get past the referee who holds him back a little. A struggle ensues, Hennig drops the chair and then Triple H grabs him ... PEDIGREE! TRIPLE H PEDIGREES JOE HENNIG! Triple H makes a cover but the ref is climbing out of the ring to hand the chair back to the ringkeeper ...

ANGLE SLAM! TRIPLE H DRAGGED UP AND ANGLE SLAMMED BY KURT ANGLE!

Boos echo around the arena as the referee comes back into the ring. Hennig is down and out, Hunter is down and out, Watson crawls over and flops down on top of the Game ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
JOE HENNIG & PERCY WATSON (6:47) via pinfall
In the ring, Triple H looks furious as he has been screwed once more by Kurt Angle! Angle and his victorious boys are halfway up the ramp, huge smiles on their faces, they reach the stage and mock Hunter in the ring who looks almost ready to pop with rage. JR and King discuss the actions of Angle and his desperation to keep Hunter out of the Elimination Chamber – it appears he has now accomplished his goal and done just that! As RAW heads into the penultimate commercial of the night, Triple H is shown looking angrily out at the trio of Angle, Hennig and Watson as they look down to him from the stage, he has failed again to qualify for the Chamber. Who will take the last remaining spot in the RAW Chamber match though?

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with Josh Mathews stood backstage with the Number 1 contender for the WWE Championship – John Morrison. Beside him are the trio of Carlito, Justin Gabriel and Rob Van Dam, three members of his team tonight as he goes up against Nexus to try and take them out of the WWE Championship match in two weeks time. However, there is no sign of a fifth member of the team ...

JOSH MATHEWS:
John, can you tell us who is your fourth team-mate for tonight’s match?

Morrison pulls a face and then responds ...

JOHN MORRISON:
Josh, unfortunately, I’ve been unable to find anybody else to join my team tonight that I can trust or who hasn’t competed tonight already. Therefore, it looks like we’re going to have to go out there, just the four of us, and face Nexus with one man less than ...

???:
Bro, bro ... Wait up!

The camera spins around and we see Zack Ryder jogging up towards Morrison and his team. He receives a small pop from the crowd after his turn recently and his issues with Hawkins and Swagger over on SMACKDOWN.

ZACK RYDER:
Look, bro, I know we haven’t always seen eye to eye on things but tonight, let me join your team, let me help you defeat Nexus.

Morrison looks reluctant and turns to the other members of his team.

ZACK RYDER:
I’m different now, bro. The stuff that’s been happening with me and my former Broski, Curt Hawkins, it has made me see sense. I need to make an impact now, I need a chance to compete here on RAW. Come on, John, you know it makes sense. You can trust me ...

Morrison smiles and decides to trust Ryder ...

JOHN MORRISON:
What the hell, Zack, you can join my team. Don’t let me down though ... bro!

ZACK RYDER:
Yes! Thanks, bro, I won’t let you down. Woo Woo Woo ... You Know It!

Ryder’s goofy grin confirms his spot on the team and the camera returns to the ring as Ryder and Morrison shake hands ... The arena lights flash yellow and here come Wade Barrett and his team.

*** WE ARE ONE ***

*** NEXUS ***

Led as ever by the smug looking Wade Barrett, Nexus head down the ramp and towards the ring with the WWE Championship over the shoulder of their leader. Into the ring clamber Slater, Otunga, Sheffield and Jackson before Barrett follows them and they stand and raise their hands – seemingly oblivious to the jeers they are receiving from the WWE Universe. JR and King discuss the comments of Morrison earlier and a replay of their confrontation is shown ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlier tonight
WADE BARRETT:
You see, I know what you claimed last week. You claimed that without these four men behind me, without Justin Gabriel, I would not be the WWE Champion. You could not be further from the truth, Morrison. These men here stand behind me and they know their role in the Nexus. They know that I am the best in the WWE, they know that I deserve to be the WWE Champion.

More raised eyebrows behind Barrett – it appears that he isn’t speaking the complete truth right now!

WADE BARRETT:
I am the leader of the Nexus, Morrison, because I have earned their respect. I won NXT, I earned these men’s respect and they follow my lead as we dominate RAW and the WWE. Without them, would I be WWE Champion? Of course I would be. But I am thankful for the support they give me as I look to shut people like you up.

Barrett and Nexus are now stood at the foot of the ramp. Barrett orders Nexus’ four members to make their way around the ring – Jackson, Otunga, Sheffield and Slater spread out on all four sides – before Barrett steps up the ring steps and through the ropes. He now stands opposite Morrison who is eying the Nexus around the ring with a wary look in his eye. JR and King suggest he needs to get out of there as soon as he can.

WADE BARRETT:
You see, Morrison, I have done in six months what you couldn’t do in six years. I have won the big one, I am the WWE Champion. I will be the WWE Champion at WrestleMania, I will be the WWE Champion for a long time. At Elimination Chamber, Morrison, it will be a walk in the park. I don’t need Nexus to beat you. Nexus will be with me for support only ...

JOHN MORRISON:
Is that a fact?

Barrett looks annoyed by the interruption.

JOHN MORRISON:
Why don’t you back up that claim then, Wade? If you don’t need Nexus, why don’t you prove it? Come out to the ring at Elimination Chamber, come out and face me like a man. One on one?

Barrett smirks once more and laughs in Morrison’s face.

WADE BARRETT:
Is there something wrong with your ears? I’ve just told you, I don’t need Nexus but they will want to be out there to support their leader and I am not going to stop them from doing that.

The camera catches David Otunga looking a little annoyed about something as he narrows his eyes whilst looking into the ring ...

JOHN MORRISON:
Wade, if you are the leader that you say you are, why don’t we do something about this? How about a match tonight?

Cheers from the WWE Universe.

JOHN MORRISON:
How about we have ourselves a match tonight? I’ll find four guys backstage that are willing to team with me to face you and your Nexus here tonight? And if I win, Wade, Nexus are barred from ringside at the Elimination Chamber!

Cheers for this idea, Barrett smirks at it.

WADE BARRETT:
Do you think that will help your chances, Morrison? Trust me, it won’t. I accept your challenge ... (Morrison smiles) ... on one condition!

Morrison’s expression changes slightly as he waits for Barrett to explain ...

WADE BARRETT:
You see, Morrison, Elimination Chamber will be a walk in the park for me. The only danger for me at the Chamber will be injury before WrestleMania 27. The only thing easier than facing you ... would be to have the night off.

Boos and jeers for the comments of Barrett ...

WADE BARRETT:
So, that is the deal, Morrison. If you and your team win, Nexus is barred from ringside. If Nexus win ... you join Nexus and you forfeit the match to me at the Chamber.

Morrison looks angry over the condition but he nods his head ...

JOHN MORRISON:
You’re on, Wade. I will find a team and we will beat you tonight. When tonight is over, Nexus will play no part in our match at the Chamber. And your title, Wade, your title will be in more danger than it has ever been.

Cheers for the determined words of Morrison, can he find a team to banish Nexus from the ring tonight?

WADE BARRETT:
I don’t think so, Morrison. You see, Nexus are more united than ever. Tonight, the Nexus gets a new member ... and I get the night off in two weeks time. Because, Morrison ... (Boos echo around the arena as Barrett looks out to the four men on the four different sides of the ring) ... you’re either Nexus ...

Wade Barrett smirks and beckons the four men to enter the ring; all four of them step up onto the apron and the situation becomes increasingly threatening for the Number 1 contender ...

WADE BARRETT:
... or you’re against us.
The replay ends and we see Nexus stood in the ring ready and waiting for their opponents tonight ...

*** COOL ***

*** CARLITO ***

First up for Team Morrison, the Caribbean Carlito heads out with an apple in his hand and heads towards the ring. He pauses at the foot of the ramp and sensibly waits for some back-up from his other team-mates first ...

*** ONE OF A KIND ***

*** ROB VAN DAM ***

The ECW legend heads out to the ring looking super confident as usual and greets the sound of his name being announced with his thumbs in the air as usual ...

*** AFRICA RISING ***

*** JUSTIN GABRIEL ***
United States Champion

The United States Championship around his waist, Gabriel heads out into the arena to join Carlito and RVD as JR and King remind us that Ted DiBiase announced earlier tonight that Gabriel would defend the title against him at the Elimination Chamber PPV in two weeks time. JR and King also speak of the strange happenings between Gabriel and the Nexus in the Royal Rumble where Sheffield, Jackson, Otunga and Slater all refused to touch him during the match.

*** RADIO ***

*** ZACK RYDER ***

The final member of the team to join heads out looking delighted to be on RAW and ready for action. With a headband around his head, Ryder punches the air and shouts ‘Woo! Woo! Woo!’ – some of the crowd begin to chant along with him although many are still viewing him with indecision after his recent run as the Tag Team Champion ...

*** AIN’T NO MAKE BELIEVE ***

*** JOHN MORRISON ***

Out strides Morrison with the slo-mo camera switched on and the pyro lights up behind him as he heads for the ring for one of the biggest matches of his career. JR suggests that this match is as important as the actual title match at the PPV – if Morrison can get Nexus banned from the ring, his chances of winning the WWE Championship will significantly improve. However, King reminds us of Morrison’s gamble – if he loses tonight, he joins Nexus and forfeits his chance. Morrison joins his team at the foot of the ramp and they slide into the ring ready for action ...

Quote:
10 MAN TAG TEAM MATCH – if Team Morrison win, Nexus banned from ringside for WWE Title match at Elimination Chamber; if Nexus win, Morrison joins Nexus
NEXUS (Wade Barrett, David Otunga, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater & Skip Sheffield) vs. John Morrison, Carlito, Justin Gabriel, RVD & Zack Ryder

Usual large tag team match in the early stages with lots of quick tags and cheating from the heel team – in this case, Nexus. Morrison is agitated throughout as he knows how important this match is to him here tonight. The most important part of the first half of the match comes when Justin Gabriel tags into the match for Team Morrison – Heath Slater, the Nexus legal man at this point, steps back with his hands up. A stand off occurs as Slater clearly doesn’t want to fight with Gabriel here ... Why not?! Slater looks for a tag to one of his team-mates but none of them appear to want the tag either. Skip Sheffield refuses, Ezekiel Jackson does, so does David Otunga. Barrett wants nothing to do with Gabriel either but he is the only one who stays on the apron as Sheffield, Otunga and Big Zeke all drop to the floor out of the way. Barrett looks down at them confused but then Slater tags himself out and Barrett in as he tags the shoulder of the Nexus leader ... Gabriel fair drags Barrett into the ring and starts battering him with forearms before whipping him to a neutral corner. He hits a running drop kick to the WWE Champion, climbs the ropes and, as Barrett staggers back around, Gabriel leaps off ... Hurricanrana! Barrett rolls out of the ring to safety as Gabriel dares the rest of Nexus to get into the ring but they all refuse as RAW heads into the final commercial of the evening ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

A replay is shown of Gabriel getting distracted by the rest of Nexus – he is trying to get them to come in and fight him – and this allows Barrett to sneak up behind him and kick him in the gut as he spins round ... Powerbomb! It isn’t enough for a 3 count though, to Morrison’s relief, and Barrett goes to tag Nexus in ... again, they all refuse. This allows Gabriel time to crawl away as Barrett barks orders to his men ... Gabriel tags in Morrison who comes rushing over and jumps Barrett from behind. However, as Barrett stumbles, Ezekiel Jackson gets the tag – now that Gabriel is out? – and he begins to drag Morrison away from the WWE Champion. Jackson begins to hit powerslams on Morrison and then he makes a cover ... 2 count! Morrison is looking to tag back out now but Jackson continues to use his size and power to work on Morrison as he weakens him up with stiff kicks to the knee. Morrison wildly swings at Jackson but misses and Big Zeke scoops him up ... TORTURE RACK! JACKSON LOCKS ON THE TORTURE RACK TO MORRISON! Morrison battles wildly and manages to escape down Zeke’s back but he is caught with a huge clothesline from the Guyanan that turns him inside out. Barrett shouts now and demands to be tagged in but Jackson doesn’t want to tag out now. Barrett steps through the ropes and jabs at Jackson’s chest, he is showing his leadership here as he demands to be tagged in when he wants. Barrett spins and barks orders to all the other three members of Nexus too – he is clearly heard to shout “I’m in charge!” Jackson does as he is asked and he tags Barrett who nods his head in thanks. However, Morrison has tagged in Ryder now and he rushes over ... Barrett spins round ... ROUGH RYDER! RYDER TAKES DOWN THE WWE CHAMPION! Barrett is hurt now and Zack makes the cover ... 1 ... 2 ... No! Barrett shows his guts as he kicks out and then stretches for a tag ...

NEXUS HAVE JUST JUMPED DOWN OFF THE APRON!

There is nobody there for a tag as Barrett reaches to his corner. What are Nexus doing? Skip Sheffield, David Otunga, Heath Slater and Ezekiel Jackson are all slowly backing away from the ring and towards the ramp as Barrett slumps in the corner watching them. Ryder flashes the L.I symbol with his fingers as Barrett watches his team-mates as they seem to be deserting him! BROSKI BOOT! RYDER WITH THE BROSKI BOOT! Ryder skips over and tags in Carlito to cheers. He watches Nexus moving further away from the ring, chuckles and waits as Barrett gets up ... BACKSTABBER! CARLITO WITH THE BACKSTABBER TO BARRETT! Nexus are up on the stage now, they are walking out on Wade Barrett, their leader, the WWE Champion, the founder of the Nexus! Carlito tags in RVD who climbs the ropes ... FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH! RVD smashes down on Barrett, it’s all over now, surely? RVD drags Barrett to the Morrison corner and tags in Justin Gabriel who smirks as he climbs the ropes ... 450 SPLASH! GABRIEL HITS BARRETT WITH THE 450 SPLASH! A move that used to be one of the Nexus’ signature moves is now used on the Nexus leader! Gabriel grins as he looks down on Barrett and then tags in the Number 1 contender to Barrett’s WWE Championship at Elimination Chamber! Here comes John Morrison! He waits and waits as he watches Barrett struggling on the mat ... A quick glance to the stage where Nexus remain, Morrison rushes over at Barrett ... CHUCK KICK! MORRISON CHUCK KICK’S THE WWE CHAMPION! Morrison makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
JOHN MORRISON, CARLITO, JUSTIN GABRIEL, RVD & ZACK RYDER (11:27) via pinfall
JOHN MORRISON HAS PINNED THE WWE CHAMPION! Nexus watch on from the stage as Morrison celebrates his victory over Barrett – in the end, it was easy but that doesn’t change the fact that the odds were dramatically cut on a Morrison win at Elimination Chamber in the last ten minutes. However, even bigger news – what on earth happened with Nexus and their walkout on their leader? Barrett has rolled out of the ring after taking the best shots of Team Morrison and sits up leaning against the ring steps for support as he looks up the ramp towards the rest of his team with a look on shock and anger on his face. It seems that there are going to be no answers here as the other four members of Nexus turn on their heel and walk off the stage and out of view to leave a bewildered Barrett looking on with no clue. In the ring, Morrison shakes hands with the rest of his team and even has a hug for his new ‘broski’ Ryder as RAW ends with JR and King hyping up the improvement in Morrison’s chances at Elimination Chamber as a result of this win ...

*** END OF SHOW ***

=========================================

ELIMINATION CHAMBER 2011

*** CONFIRMED MATCHES ***

GRUDGE MATCH
John Cena vs. Randy Orton

SMACKDOWN ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk (c) vs. Big Show vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Christian vs. The Undertaker

RAW ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH TO DETERMINE #1 CONTENDER FOR WWE CHAMPIONSHIP AT WRESTLEMANIA 27
Daniel Bryan vs. Kurt Angle vs. The Miz vs. Sheamus vs. Edge vs. ???

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Wade Barrett (c) vs. John Morrison
(Nexus barred from ringside)

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
Justin Gabriel (c) vs. Ted DiBiase

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
Maryse (c) vs. Layla vs. Michelle McCool (?)

*** SUNDAY 20TH FEBRUARY LIVE AND EXCLUSIVE ON PAY PER VIEW ***
GCB is offline   Reply With Quote