Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

View Single Post

Old 08-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #174 (permalink)
619IDH
The Sleeping Giant

619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500
Default Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

The Hammerstein Ballroom – Manhattan, New York City, New York

“Punishment and Reward”

There’s no video package, no upbeat music, nothing theatrical. All we open to is a scene we’re all too familiar with – the cold open with The Worthy Legion standing alongside in the ring to a heavy amount of heat. AOW Champion Chris Jericho is standing in a full on suit and tie with the most smug look we’ve ever seen on his face, rivaled only by the show after World Abalze. And much like that show, flanking him to his left and right are Paul “The Great” Wright and Bobby Lashley, respectively. Lashley is wearing a suit matching Jericho’s down to the tie, while Wright is still in his large black singlet, looking as stoic and menacing as ever. Jericho slowly raises his microphone to his lips to the still drowning heat…

Chris Jericho:
My name is Chris Jericho. I am still your Worthy Champion. And I am a Master of War.

~EVEN MORE heat

Chris Jericho:
And standing before you is your Worthy Legion very much intact.

~Jericho smirks as he absorbs even more heat

Chris Jericho:
You degenerates can antagonize me all you want, but the facts are simple – I am still alive and standing here, my Legion is still alive and standing here, but your heroes are dead and I killed them!!

~Unbelievable amount of further heat as Jericho roars that into the microphone before developing into a smile and a laugh

Chris Jericho:
Let us count the legs, shall we gents? Mick Foley – gone. Christian Cage – exiled. Rob Van Dam – driven insane. And the latest man on the docket in Shawn Michaels…

~Jericho pauses dramatically as he counts on his fingers

Chris Jericho:
…is forcibly retired. And it’s all because of my intricate plans…and possibly a little help from friends in high places.

~A great deal of heat still pours on as Jericho’s smug mug grows wider

Chris Jericho:
But while my higher-up friends wish to speak to you all separately, tonight is a night to usher in a new era of Art of War Wrestling. Tonight, the reigns of prosperity are finally in fit hands – mine. See, I assisted Paul Heyman in something he’s wanted for a long time, so he has rewarded me, his fit and worthy champion, with the ability to make a few of my own calls tonight.

~More heat, while Joey Styles makes his first squeak of the night with an “oh no…”

Chris Jericho:
So tonight, this Master of War and his comrades will usher our own rewards…as well as our own punishments.

~Jericho smirks with even more pride as he pauses

Chris Jericho:
The Worthy Legion is a living, breathing organism that will bring a brand new wrestling utopia. And as a living being, we the Legion need to evolve. We need to grow. So right now, I am going to rightfully reward a man who has earned his place among our ranks.

Jericho and his fellow stablemates look towards the entrance ramp where we hear “I AM THE FUTURE”, where we see Ken Doane walk down the ramp to the most heat he’s had thus far in his AOW career. Doane has a makeshift Jericho walk going on, holding his nose high, but keeping his very cocky flair about him. He has the utmost pride in his step as he damn near leaps into the ring, but lowers his head once he meets Jericho, possibly as a sign of subjectivity, but it could also be that Doane is taller than Jericho otherwise. Whatever the reason, Doane bows his head as though he were in the presence of royalty.

Chris Jericho:
Kenneth Doane. It is time you take your place among a league of greatness.

~As the crowd watches on, Doane gets on one knee before Jericho

Chris Jericho:
I have studied many conquerors over the years. Over the course of world history, I have noticed one disturbing trend they all share that leads to the fall of their empires – they do not choose an heir. They refuse to name someone to carry on their greatness. But that is where I will mend that hole. Because tonight, I name the future of not just AOW, but the world of professional wrestling

~Doane can’t help but smirk to himself as he kneels

Chris Jericho:
So on this day, the second night of the year two thousand and eight, Kenneth Doane, due to your merits in helping me rid AOW of the evil that is Shawn Michaels, I hereby accept you into the Worthy Legion. Now stand and state your name and title.

~Doane finally stands, taking the microphone from Jericho momentarily

Doane:
My name is Kenneth Doane. And I am a worthy man.

~Jericho applauds and is the only one in the world doing so, as the crowd throws heat and Wright and Lashley remain unmoved

Chris Jericho:
Indeed you are, Kenneth. But as you have been rewarded, I also have to deliver the righteous hand of punishment for those who dare stand in my way. Which brings me to the next person I wish to see step forth. Bobby Lashley, if you would please.

~Lashley’s emotion doesn’t change, as we can see his jaw muscles momentarily clench when he stares at Jericho. The crowd continues their restlessness when they see Lashley step even with Jericho now

Chris Jericho:
Lashley. Bobby, my dearest disciple. My Perfect Warrior.

~Jericho inexplicably SLAPS LASHLEY ACROSS THE FACE. The crowd ‘ooohs’ along the smacking sound, as Lashley slowly turns his head bad towards Jericho with a very distasteful look on his face, Jericho’s confident smirk changing to his signature scowl

Chris Jericho:
Being the Perfect Warrior requires flawlessness. It requires the utmost display of worth. But Lashley, last week you lost. You fell to the hands of Samoa Joe. You tapped out like a subservient being. You –

~Lashley grabs the mic from under Jericho’s hand

Lashley:
I…never…tapped. The result was not in my power. Because trust me, if it was, I would have brought you Samoa Joe tonight as a trophy.

~Lashley shoves the microphone back against Jericho’s chest, making a booming noise as he does so. Jericho’s scowl becomes a momentary look of fear, as Lashley turns back to join the ranks with the rest of the Legion. But just as he turns, Jericho stops him –

Chris Jericho:
Very well, Lashley. I do not tolerate failure, but I am more than happy to continually punish as well as appropriately redeem. And I love killing two birds with one stone. So the next person I want to come down here for their actions…Miss Torrie Wilson, if you please?

~Jericho motions back towards the entrance stage, where there’s a moment of hush…but soon we hear the triumphant trumpets of “FINAL COUNTDOWN” blare over the sound system and Cruiserweight Champion Bryan Danielson comes bursting through the curtain, finally giving the crowd a reason to pop, with a microphone in his hand, marching down the ramp

Danielson:
STOP THIS!! STOP THIS RIGHT NOW, JERICHO!!

~Jericho’s face has gone from triumphant to disgusted as he stares down Danielson

Danielson
:
Y’know, I’m not a guy who usually comes out here and flaps his gums like you do. I let my wrestling do all of my talking. But this is enough. You’ve made plan after plan, schemed your way to the top, and now you’re planning on preying on a defenseless woman? I won’t have it anymore! You hear me, Jericho? NONE OF IT!

~Danielson is more intense and angry than we’ve ever seen him, the vein in his head throbbing. He’s stopped at the base of the entrance ramp, basically screaming at Jericho

Chris Jericho:
And just what are you going to do about it you tapeworm? I said it before and I’ll say it again – your hero is dead. Get your unworthy ass away from my ring! I’m in charge tonight!

Danielson:
Okay, so you’re in charge tonight, huh? You say you’re a worthy leader? Then what’s my punishment? Huh? I know you’ve got something for me. But I don’t care what you’ve got for me. I’ll beat it. Hell, I’ll even take Torrie Wilson’s place. Because I should’ve taken Shawn Michaels’ place last night.

~Jericho’s scowl turns blank as the crowd buzzes on that statement

Danielson
:
It’s true – I’ve always been mad at Shawn Michaels for never seeing a match of mine. For not doing what he should’ve years ago. But I’ve busted my ass for weeks trying to keep him here. I should’ve been the one who took what he did. It should’ve been me that had to go into early retirement. But I can’t hold my tongue any longer. Whatever you want to throw at me, I’ll take it. I’ll take everybody’s so-called punishment if I need to. This ends tonight, Jericho.

~Jericho stares a hole through Danielson, as does all of his stable, while the crowd is all for Danielson at this point

Chris Jericho:
Know your place, junior. I don’t care how much guts or heart you want these easily influenced sheep to think you have coming out here and talking to me like that, but you of all people will not issue me ANY kind of ultimatum. The Worthy Legion, my worthy reign…neither of them will ever end.

~The heat goes back on Jericho

Chris Jericho:
But I do agree with some things you said. This is getting old. Something has to end tonight. And one way or another, that one thing is going to be you getting in my way.

~Jericho’s face morphs back into a smirk

Chris Jericho:
So you say you wanted to take Shawn Michaels’ place last week? Well big shot, tonight’s your chance. You don’t have to provoke me or trick me into getting what you want outta me. I’ll do it with my own bare hands. So you want a shot at me, is that it?

Danielson:
That’s exactly what I want.

Chris Jericho:
Then you got it. Tonight, you go one on one…with me.

~Jericho finally gets a pop

Danielson:
Why stop there, Jericho? I said I wanted to be in Michaels’ place. Why not give me the same shot he got, huh? How about we make our match for the AOW Championship? Prove just how ‘worthy’ you are!

~The pop gets bigger on that notion

Chris Jericho:
You’re on, junior.

~The crowd pops hotter than they have in a long time

Chris Jericho:
But I end you tonight, Danielson. I will make an example out of you as a message to everyone in that locker room who dare oppose the unbridled might of my Legion that all you see before you is invincible. This world is mine. And it will begin with you.

~We hear Danielson mouth under his breath “We’ll see about that” as he stares back at Danielson, the entire Legion not sure if Jericho’s doing the right thing. The crowd is popping hard as Danielson’s music triumphantly blares behind him

Joey Styles:
An ominous beginning to this edition of AOW Oblivion just turned into one incredible announcement! One week after the man he idolized in Shawn Michaels was forced into early retirement, Bryan Danielson, our Cruiserweight Champion, will take on Chris Jericho and attempt to do what no one’s been able to do yet – dethrone him as the AOW Champion!

JBL:
He’s not gonna attempt a damn thing! You gust said it – nobody’s ever been able to do it!! Michaels couldn’t, Van Dam couldn’t, what makes you think this doofus can?

Joey Styles:
He’s no doofus, Bradshaw! He’s the AOW Cruiserweight Champion! He knows what it takes to win gold!

JBL:
Oh, so he’s the tallest midget on the roster. Big whoop.

Joey Styles:
Well, welcome to the first AOW Oblivion of the year 2008 and we will indeed get the New Year kicked off with an incredible bang, because we’re gonna kick it off the same way we ended the last year – with an AOW Championship match!

JBL:
Pipe down, Nancy. We’ve got bigger fish to fry than some little twerp who got his way.

Joey Styles:
The name’s Joey, partner, but indeed we have a big line-up behind that title match later tonight – last week at a Very Merry War, Chris Jericho did indeed defeat Shawn Michaels, but he had a little help from the owner of AOW, Paul Heyman. Tonight, Paul Heyman takes time to explain why he did what he did. But we could crown a new champion tonight!

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We return from the rampant opening when we hear “MISERE CANTARE – THE BEGINNING” blare across the arena, the brand new Dynasty Champion CM Punk bursting through the curtain to a huge pop, spinning with the title in his hand in excitement before remembering he has a tender back. Punk almost comically tends to his worked over lower back that forces him to a knee and proclaim the time before continuing down the ramp and celebrating in the ring with his Dynasty title proudly held high.

The mood shifts when “QUIEN SOY YO” goes over the airwaves, the crowd possibly still not used to the music, but once they get a look at the man who soon comes through the curtain in Carlito Colon. Only his second appearance for the company and he’s already got a match with the Dynasty Champion. He’s taking in that huge fact, coming down the ramp at his own pace, his white blazer on again, bouncing his apple in his hand before setting it down on the steel ring steps and getting into the ring before throwing his blazer of the ropes and to the floor.

OPENING CONTEST
~Non-title~
Dynasty Champion CM Punk
v.
Carlito Colon

The first two minutes of the contest see both men trading the upper hand, but soon Carlito does the heel thing and starts to expose Punk’s still sore lower back. The new Dynasty Champion has to immediately pony up and essentially do the same thing he did last week and have to defend his spine. When Punk gets pissed that Carlito keeps clubbing him in the spine, he goes for the quick roundhouse, but Carlito has Punk well-scouted and dodges the move quickly and dips out of the ring. Carlito points to his temple, citing that he’s ahead of the game. Punk isn’t very pleased and is prepared to deliver a plancha onto ‘lito, but Carlito is quick to dive back into the ring when he sees Punk gearing up for it. This catches Punk off a little, giving Carlito time to get Punk and ram him into the turnbuckle. As Carlito shoves his shoulders into Punk’s gut several times, he walks out a bit to make space and run right back at Punk, but the ever ready new champ dodges and dives over Carlito to wrap him into a sunset flip for the first pinfall – 1…2…NO!! Carlito rolls out, but then proceeds to dropkick Punk in the jaw!!

Carlito goes back on the offense here and stays that way after a quick snap suplex and his first cover – 1…2…NO!! Punk has more than that left in the tank. Carlito isn’t pleased, dragging Punk to his feet and hitting him with a few hard forearms before throwing him into the opposite rope. When Punk rebounds, Carlito lies flat and lifts him up and over with the monkey flip that we haven’t seen him use yet, but he then tries to cover Punk again – 1…2…NO!! Punk kicks out, still tending to his back. Carlito takes note of this and puts a knee into the small of Punk’s back and wrenches a chinlock on him, forcing Punk’s neck to snap back. The crowd claps for Punk to get back into this thing, and as soon as Punk gets back to his feet and has a means of escaping, he breaks Carlito’s rest hold and hits him with a nice swinging neckbreaker! Punk with another cover here – 1…2…NO!! ‘Lito wants to further prove himself!

When Carlito gets back to his feet, he does so with the help of the turnbuckle, leaving Punk a moment to tend to his back once again. But when he sees Carlito stuck in the corner, the launches at him and strikes his face in with the running corner knee! Punk then points back out and finishes the combo…running bulldog!! Punk looks like he’s ready, the look in his eyes saying it’s time to put Carlito away. As he awaits Colon getting to his feet, he approaches him and sets him up for the GTS, but Carlito is able to grab onto the nearby top rope and prevent Punk from doing anything. Punk tries to yank Colon away, but Carlito manages to use the ropes to pull himself off and position himself behind Punk…BACKCRACKER!! BACKCRACKER!! Carlito nails the Dynasty Champion with his finisher, but with Punk so close to the ropes, he’s hit with the move and rolls out of the ring!

Punk’s back may be back to decimated condition, but Carlito can’t capitalize on it! He pounds his fist into the mat before rabidly climbing through the ropes, getting Punk, and chunking him underneath the ropes back into the ring. Carlito now lies in wait as Punk grips his lower back and struggles to get to his feet, having to grip the nearby ropes to do so. Carlito jumps on Punk for a second BACKCRACKER…NO!! Punk grips tightly onto the ropes and forces ‘lito to go down, his big poofy hair whiplashing violently off the canvas. Punk takes the opportunity to catch Carlito’s legs and make Colon beg him to stop, but Punk rears back and catapults Carlito jaw first into the iron post!! As Carlito reels back, he’s caught…IN THE ANACONDA VICE!!

The native Puerto Rican is caught in the big Vice, but he squirms around enough once he’s planted to hook a leg underneath the bottom rope and he slides right out from under the submission to the outside. The crowd throws heat as Carlito and his Caribbean hairdo rub his jaw while walking away from the ring. Punk goes to try and chase him, but referee Ray Ramsey gets in his way and tells him to stop. Carlito starts walking backwards up the ramp, pointing at Punk and saying “No! Carlito is better than this!” But while Carlito has his back turned to the ramp, the crowd starts buzzing, as The Mexicools – Super Crazy and Psicosis run in and chunk Carlito back under the ring!! ‘lito is absolutely bewildered as he looks behind him to see two cackling Mexicans. He turns back to an undistracted Punk who lifts Carlito up before quickly dropping him on the knee before his back gives out again – GTS!! GTS CONNECTS!! The cover – 1…2…3…!!!

Winner: CM Punk at (7:08)

Punk rolls off and is handed his Dynasty title, still gripping his back from the onslaught it took a week ago. As he rolls out of the ring, Carlito is left to rub his chin and still be confused, looking out and seeing Crazy and Psicosis, who are laughing like they don’t have any kind of manners, pointing at the puffy haired Puerto Rican as they go back up the ramp

JBL:
What the hell is goin’ on here?? First, that jackass wins the Dynasty title, then that damn midget gets a title shot, an’ now this? I thought this was supposed to be the night Chris Jericho’s utopia took shape! This is ridiculous!

Joey Styles:
Well, this is the first time we’ve seen Psicosis in several weeks, but The Mexicools obviously taking offense to Carlito Colon’s comments that he made over on our website, saying they’re misrepresentations of the proud Hispanic people.

JBL:
And they are. Carlito is right, an’ those Mexicools just swooped in there an’ took away a win from him an’ did their stereotypes no justice. But is this our new Dynasty Champion? A man who will, tongue-in-cheek, take a tainted win like that? Hey, Punk! Why ain’t you flappin’ your gums now, huh?

Joey Styles:
John, stay in your seat. You’re always saying I’m a hooligan for getting worked up. So sit down you hardcore Republican hooligan. We’re here to commentate, not go after competitors.

JBL:
I’m not here to just commentate, you bafoon. I’m here to bless these people with an insight. You’re ho-hum Joey Styles who is only sittin’ next to me ‘cause you had a soundbite-right catchphrase the production crew just gets giddy over. I, on the other hand, am a Commentator GAWD.

Joey Styles:
Oh my goodness. Well before I take these cords back here and test this “GOD’s” immortality, coming up later tonight, we’ve got Paul Heyman telling us why he did what he did in the main event of A Very Merry War. But even later tonight, we have the absolutely HUGE AOW Championship match – Chris Jericho taking on Bryan Danielson in a contest that could determine the future of the AOW locker room. And we go to break congratulating our new Dynasty Champion CM Punk on a hard-fought win.

JBL:
Gimmie a break before I break you.

~Backstage, the Green Zone interview set…

Steve Romero:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I’m here with my guest at this time, the Man Who Loves to Fight…Finlay!

~Finlay enters from the right side of our screens with his usual stoic look and garnering even more heat from the crowd

Steve Romero
:
Finlay, I appreciate you being here, but I think what’s on everybody’s mind is why –

~Finlay snatches the microphone while its still in Romero’s hand

Finlay:
Why I’m not AOW Champion?

Steve Romero:
Um…no, I was gonna ask you about Rob Van Dam.

Finlay:
Maybe you didn’t hear last week, boy. But that man said from his own lips that he’s dead. And he was broken before your very eyes by me, laddie.

Steve Romero:
He seemed very much alive to me, Finlay.

~Finlay stares coldly at Romero

Finlay:
Rob Van Dam is no more. Now I have bigger fish to fry. You wanna know some trivia, lad?

Steve Romero:
Not really, but –

Finlay:
I have yet to be pinned or submitted since I’ve been here in AOW. And now that those glory hoggers are out of the picture, I think it’s time I got the shot I deserve.

~Finlay walks away, leaving Romero pretty choked up…

Quote:
**Video Package**

We’re introduced back to the hustle and bustle of the New York city life, several fast forwarding shots of people crowding Times Square in droves, taxis stopping and starting in blurs that go on down the streets. It doesn’t seem like anything out of the ordinary until everything stays fast forwarding…but we focus on a figure in a full on workout outfit – black sweatpants and a black hoodie. The man is the only thing going in slow motion as he’s jogging, while everything else is going very quickly past him. He man has his hood up, so we can’t see his face, but we can see the bottom portion of his face, showing us an African American male with some impressive facial hair. We also get to hear that the man has a very tropical accent…

Hooded Man:
I’ve come a long way just to be here.

We flash to a shot behind the man, revealing that the back of his hoodie has the flag of Jamaica on it

Hooded Man:
Born from a Ghanaian noble father an’ a Jamaican royal blood mother, I know luxury an’ I know what the easy way looks like.

We flash back to the side of the slowly jogging Jamaican/Ghanaian crossbreed, the city still swarming around him

Hooded Man:
If there’s one t’ing I didn’t want, it was doin’ not’ing, but havin’ everyt’ing.

We continue to follow him, but as we do, it appears storm clouds gather above

Hooded Man:
I escaped dat life because here, I was promised somet’ing more. An’ I want it. No matta the storm.

The skies open up, letting rushed rain fall down on the fast motion city folks, many of them now clearing the streets, but our slow joggin’ hooded man stays the same pace, the raindrops not seeming to touch him

Hooded Man:
I’m here because I was promised competition. I’m here because I was promised wrestling greatness.

The hooded man suddenly stops jogging…because in front of him is a little boy with a baseball cap and glove on, face splattered by the rain…

Hooded Man:
I’m here because I want betta.

On that note, the hooded man unzips his hoodie, revealing a very nice physique, but then he reaches into his inside pocket and pulls out…a muddy baseball. He hands it to the little boy, whose face lights up, even in the rain. He runs off, everything around the hooded man seeming to go in slow motion now as he seems to be in regular motion. He looks up from where he’s standing, taking off his hood to get a good look at what’s in front of him and us to get a good look at his falling dreadlocks.

Hooded Man:
I’m here because I want to be the best. An’ I’ve come from the corners of the Earth to prove it.

The final image we get is that of this man staring up in the rain at the building before him…being none other than the Hammerstein Ballroom. The man flashes a very bright and accomplished smile before we cut away to a black screen –

KOFI KINGSTON
COMING SOON TO AOW…

**End Package**

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

~Backstage, in the halls…

We return again backstage, this time in the hals halls, where we see Paul Burchill and Brent Albright, The Mercenaries, standing near an open briefcase. They seem to be counting the last bits of money that was in it, which Burchill counting off before dropping the bills in the briefcase and closing it.

Burchill:
And that, mate, is what $50,000 smart dollars looks like.

Albright:
Add the fifteen grand we got from Hassan before the match? We might be able to hire guys to do our work.

Burchill:
Hey, don’t get ahead of yourself, mate. We don’t do this because we have to. We do this because we just love tearing blokes apart.

Albright:
True…but that guy we saw last week…he said we could make more money with him than any of this. What was that all about?

~Before Burchill can answer the question, Carlito Colon walks by, gripping his neck and looking very much pissed. He takes notice of The Mercs and approaches them

Carlito:
Hey! Jou’re de guys dat do work for money, right?

Burchill:
Depends. Who’s asking?

Carlito:
Carlito isn’t asking. Carlito is demanding dat someone do something about what jus’ happened!

Burchill:
Oh. Your Mexicools problem. Well, for the right price, mate, we might be able to solve that problem for you.

Carlito:
So it is ju guys. Carlito will pay any price. Jus’ get dose two off Carlito’s back. Got it?

Albright:
We only speak one language, amigo.

~Albright rubs his fingers together, signifying ‘money’

Burchll:
But show us the money, and we’ll make’em sing.

~Carlito’s look goes from angry and frustrated to a very sinister smile as we fade away…

~Back at ringside…

We return to Oblivion where “MAD MAN” goes across the speakers with its nearly unbearable Arab chanting as the former AOW Dynasty Champion Muhammad Hassan bursts through the curtain and storms down the ramp and is announced. He does not have a happy look on his face, as Joey Styles points out immediately. His scowl is damn near unbearable, even pushing over the cameraman that seems to be following him down the ramp. As he approaches the ring, Tony Chimel anti-climactically introduces his opponent who was already in the ring, being announced as a local wrestler by the name of Blake Kershaw. He looks as undistinguishable as can be, simply raising a hand when announced.

MATCH 2
Muhammad Hassan
v.

LOCAL WRESTLER~!! Blake Kershaw

Hassan doesn’t even give this kid any time to breathe. Instead, he immediately beheads him with a clothesline. Once the kid is down, Hassan’s snarl doesn’t get any smaller, stomping the living shit out of the kid before bringing him back to his feet and forces him into a corner where he takes a few steps back and gives him a massive corner clothesline. Kershaw comes stumbling out of the corner right into Hassan’s grip, before being thrown over his head with the overhead belly to belly suplex. It’s obvious that Hassan is gonna channel all of his anger out of the local guy, forcing him back to his feet before hoisting him up and nailing the backdrop backbreaker!! The young man’s spine is torn apart on the impact, but he sells it quite well. But Hassan’s rage is not quenched in the least just yet, taking Kershaw and getting him from behind before swinging over with the Finishing Touch, damn near decapitating the young man. Hassan sits on top of him for a brief moment and allowing us all to see the deep look of seething rage on his face.

He lifts himself off of the kid and stands staring around him; absorbing all the heat he’s getting for dismantling this defenseless kid. He shows how much he cares by spitting in the crowd’s direction. Hassan roams around a little more while the kid struggles to get to his feet, needing to use the ropes to do so. As soon as he’s hit a somewhat vertical base, Hassan stomps over to the kid and wraps one arm around his head, before giving a dramatic pause…and driving the kid’s face into the canvas with the reverse STO. As he does so, the crowd loses any air they had for the kid as Hassan gets back to his feet and opens his arms, looking towards the sky. The crowd delivers one more shot of heat at him, but it’s in vain, as Hassan squats hard on Kershaw’s back and locks him in the Camel Clutch, yanking his body apart, and forcing the kid to do nothing but tap.

Winner: Muhammad Hassan at (2:20)

Hassan lifts himself off of the kid’s body, throwing his face into the canvas as he does so. As the ref rushes to check on him, Hassan roams over to the ropes and asks for a microphone, to which he is obliged. He takes the microphone and walks to the center of the ring with it, the same unpleased scowl on his face

Hassan:
Last week, I was robbed of my Dynasty Championship. Not just by some street rat, but by this country as well!

~The crowd throws Hassan even more heat

Hassan:
The economic downturn in this country caused by you ordinary people caused me to lose a great deal of my hard-earned wealth. And because I was focused on that, I could not keep my mind straight in my title match with CM Punk.

~Even more heat for the shots at the US, as well as his incredibly lame excuse

Hassan:
But through the graciousness of Paul Heyman, I have been granted a rematch for a title I should never have lost! And this time, CM Punk, I can assure you that you will not make your way out of the sewers this time!

~Even more heat for Hassan as he throws down his microphone in pure anger, opening his arms to the sky once more before making his way back out the ring

Joey Styles:
Well, Muhammad Hassan thoroughly making his emotions be heard dismantling that young man in the ring and now, announcing that he has been granted a rematch –

JBL:
As he damn well should!

Joey Styles:
Oh my goodness…

JBL:
Don’t you stick your face in your palm at me, you bozo! Muhammad Hassan was a distracted man last week who should have never been dethroned from his rightful place as Dynasty Champion.

Joey Styles:
Oh, and I suppose the rich have to support each other? Honor among thieves, is that it? Which begs the question of how much did you lose in the stock market, Jibbles?

JBL:
It has nothin’ to do with that, Joey.

Joey Styles:
Right, it’s just got everything to do with how much you hate CM Punk.

JBL:
I am being an unbiased commentator calling it how it is. I do not think a man should be punished for his personal troubles such as his finances.

Joey Styles:
Oh yeah. Hassan was so distracted last week when he was plotting with The Mercenaries. Or when he was so focused on destroying CM Punk’s back. I guess he deserves the slightest bit of pity from us.

JBL:
I’m glad you see it my way.

Joey Styles:
Of course you can’t comprehend sarcasm. Nonetheless, Punk has a title match on the horizon with that man, but coming up later on tonight, we have a title match right around the corner! Chris Jericho will defend his AOW Championship against the man who opposed him earlier tonight in Bryan Danielson! Many have been questioning Jericho all night in this match Jericho made himself, but will he be able to strike down the defiant Cruiserweight Champion?

JBL:
That’s later on tonight, but right on after this, we’ve got somethin’ everybody’s been askin’ for the last week.

Joey Styles:
That’s right partner. On the other side of the break, we’ve got Paul Heyman finally answering the question of why he did what he did at A Very Merry War, siding with Chris Jericho, and sending Shawn Michaels to an early retirement. The owner of AOW speaks when we return.

Quote:
**Video Package**

We reach a black screen that soon comes to life in a desolate area in harsh sunrise, beckoning, no sound, until we hear a narrator

Narrator:
In the beginning…

As he speaks, the day seems to fast forward, the sun getting higher and higher in the sky

Narrator:
Light and darkness were separated

The day continues to be fast forwarded until the sun goes down, the moon rising in its place

Narrator:
Only one can exist while the other fades away.

The desolate place’s sand begins to swirl, conjuring images of AOW thus far, the first one of Shelton Benjamin suplexing London off a ladder…

Narrator:
But on February 3rd, 2008…

The sands swirl again, Jericho locking Michaels in the Liontamer, followed quickly by Finlay and Joe battling atop the Hammerstein Balcony

Narrator:
The light and dark shall clash once more…

Our view goes back up to the moon now, the night sky acting like a big screen, being played on it is the intense face of Christian Cage holding a chair over his head

Narrator:
But only one of them can remain in power…the other…meets exile.

The camera pans out a little bit, where we can see the silhouette of a man on a cliff, looking out at the moon. We can’t make out his face, being barely lit by the moon, but his figure seems familiar…

~AOW PRESENTS~
THIS IS EXILE
A THREE-HOUR PAY-PER-VIEW SPECIAL

FEBRUARY 3, 2008
IZOD Center – East Rutherford, New Jersey

**End Package**

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

As we return to ringside from the commercial break, we’re already met with the image of Paul Heyman halfway down the ramp, a very indifferent expression on his face as he gets heat like nobody’s business on the way down. His microphone is pressed against his suit as he stops at the base of the ramp and looks around before stepping up and into the ring, the heat never stopping at any point until he raises the stick to his lips.

Paul Heyman:
I had a vision for this company. One that still, to this day, has absolutely nothing to do with Chris Jericho.

~A great deal of buzz following that opening statement

Paul Heyman:
When I reopened the doors of the Hammerstein Ballroom to the world of wrestling every single week after several dormant years, I had a vision greater than any one competitor. Greater than any one championship. And judging by how much you people think you hate me right now, evidently greater than each and every one of you.

~Some good solid heat for that one

Paul Heyman:
I had a vision for this company to deliver everything that you people wanted and that these wrestlers wanted and that I wanted to do everything I could so that could happen – and that was getting those men in this ring to compete with their passion for your pleasure at the expense of my pockets.

~Another round of buzz

Paul Heyman:
Some of you are standing there with your eyes a little wider. Yes, this company is coming almost completely out of my efforts. There’s no big conglomerate benefactor pumping money into this project. There’s no public stock, no board of directors, to help the investment. There’s not even much of a network backing anymore!

~A bit of “oooohs” for that sort of genuine shoot comment

Paul Heyman:
No, there’s none of that. This company started and is running to this day because of the string’s I’ve had to pull, because of the money I’ve had to rope in, because of the risks and bullets I’ve been willing to take. And I was not going to let Shawn Michaels ruin all that work I’ve placed into my vision.

~Heyman’s classic way of selling while he speaks is running rampant here

Paul Heyman:
Let me spin all of you a yarn. Let me take you back to a mere week before the doors of this facility were to open on a weekly basis to host the greatest wrestling on the planet. A whole seven days before AOW and Oblivion broke ground.

~Heyman pauses for a little more buzz

Paul Heyman:
As great a man as I am, I cannot be in two places at once. So while I was handling last minute preparations here in New York, I decided to entrust a little bit of my power to a man to help me sign some new talent. He would use that power to make the biggest mistake of his life. And knowing his career, he’s made plenty of whopping mistakes. That man’s name…was Mick Foley.

~A mixed reaction, some booing for the slander, some popping for the name, but a “FOLEY! FOLEY!” chant breaks out full force as Heyman pauses

Paul Heyman:
While I was here setting the last few pieces in for my perfect puzzle, Mick Foley was in San Antonio, Texas. He was sitting in the home of none other than the Showstopper himself, who had asked for the release of his previous contract not even a month prior. And Mrs. Foley’s Baby Boy got him to sign on a dotted line for AOW.

~The crowd gives a pop and a round of applause for that, while Heyman momentarily tucks the microphone underneath his arm and sarcastically joins the applause before stopping

Paul Heyman:
Ah yes! Bravo, Mr. Foley! That one move shifted the entire landscape of not just AOW, but all of professional wrestling history! And he did it without once…consulting…me. The man who was in charge of that company. Who gave him the authority to recruit this man. And since I stay away from all these bogus wrestling newswires, I never even knew Shawn Michaels was going to be on my payroll until I got to the arena the night of our first show!

~Heyman is stepping into incoherent rage territory

Paul Heyman:
The instant I was going to share my vision with the world, Shawn Michaels was going to completely ruin it. My vision was to get those men in the back out here to showcase their skills and let their abilities determine who was the best in the business. This ring and what happened in it was to judge who was the better man. Not backstage politicking and forming inner circles like Shawn Michaels has been more than known to do.

~More heat there

Paul Heyman:
But on that very first episode of Oblivion, the man I swore would become a cancer and tear my vision apart from the inside was made to submit to one man…Chris Jericho. And I knew then I had a way out.

~Heat for that as well

Paul Heyman:
See, Chris Jericho’s visions of his ‘wrestling utopia’ and my visions for this company are two vastly different things. I never agree with Jericho, nor he me. We are not in cahoots, so some conspiracy theorists may exclaim. I just wanted a way to get rid of the blight that was Shawn Michaels. And after I modified Shawn Michaels’ contract, Chris Jericho agreed to do the cutting of the tumor for me should the moment arise. I gave him the ability to run a few things this week as a minor ‘thank you’.

~Heyman gets a borderline evil smirk, more or less admitting that he put that no-compete clause in Michaels’ contract

Paul Heyman:
I didn’t want you to lose everything right then and there when you lost last week, Shawn. I wanted to do it myself. And I know that losing last week only stopped you from ever being able to compete in this ring, but the loophole there, that I’m sure you’re just ready to exploit, is that you’re still under contract and you can still roam the backstage halls, all howdy-doody, and still technically be a talent on the roster. But I know that Shawn Michaels and his ego anywhere near the locker room is a one way ticket to doom.

~More heat as Heyman turns to the camera and his voice goes softer

Paul Heyman:
So Shawn, I know you’re watching, recovering on your cute little farm in San Antonio with your wife. Hi Rebecca. With your kids. Hi kids. I want you to look at your father right now. Rebecca, look to your shell of a husband. Look at him good, because I want you to know the look on his face at what I’m about to say for years to come.

~The crowd already knows where this is headed, many preemptively throwing heat while Heyman takes in a deep breath

Paul Heyman:
Shawn Michaels! You cancerous bastard! YOOOUU’RRREE FIIRREEEED!!!

Heyman cackles manically as the backs away from the camera, the entire arena burying him in heat. Heyman doesn’t seem to care, laughing to himself as he goes through the ropes and virtually skips back up the ramp, the heat still following him

Joey Styles:
Did…did Paul Heyman just dump one of the greatest of all time just like that?

JBL:
I think he did. What a brilliant man.

Joey Styles:
Oh, come on. Don’t tell me you’re gonna brown-nose him too! I thought you hated Heyman!

JBL:
I’m not his biggest fan, but Paul Heyman is a wrestling mind first and a businessman second. What he did was for the good of both of those things. You may not like him, I might not be his biggest advocate, but even you have to give the devil his due.

Joey Styles:
Some still in shock here at what just transpired here…I’m still in shock! Shawn Michaels has gone on the record saying the man everyone in this company thought he was is wrong! He said all along to Chris Jericho that he was a changed man! I think Shawn Michaels just got judged with a grudge-holding jury!

JBL:
Well, there ain’t much we can do about it now, huh Joey? The economy’s tough, people are losin’ their jobs left an’ right, but the show must go on. Without the Showstopper.

Joey Styles:
We’ll try to gather and absorb this during the break, but on the other side of that break, we’ve got a match that Shawn Michaels would have been proud to see Bryan Danielson take part in – the Cruiserweight Champion goes one-on-one with the man who has held the AOW Championship since day one in “The Worthy Man” Chris Jericho.

JBL:
Will Danielson be able to be in his right mindset after Michaels’ firing? We’ll see comin’ up next!

Quote:
*Video Package*

We enter a scene that looks like a desolate, barren stairway that appears to be in a cold, dark place. We hear footsteps before we can see the boots of whoever is making those steps at the top of the stairwell, but we don’t get a look at their face. We do see, however, that whoever they are is wearing a dark longcoat and we can tell the voice is a male’s…

Voice:
It’s been said that humans at their core are very hateful creatures.

The boots begin making their descent down the winding stairwell

Voice:
We lie to ourselves in trying to take refuge in these things that make us think otherwise.

More steps down…

Voice:
Like faith.

Another step…

Voice:
And hope.

Another step…

Voice:
And morality.

Another step, bringing the boots to another platform, but he continues on down. Before he does, the camera angle goes up above his knees now, on his torso, right underneath his neck and bare upper body…

Voice:
I find it quite humorous that people have their small visions of right and wrong and expect the entire world to bend to their laws.

Another set of steps down…

Voice:
This world is not as black and white as you people make it out to be.

The longcoated man is almost at the end of the stairs…

Voice:
And whether you like what I’m saying or not, you’d better lean to accept it. And whether you like me or not, you’d better learn to accept that I’m right.

Only one step from the end…

Voice:
But judging from what I’ve already said, I know you don’t like me. But I don’t need your sympathy or your pointless judgments of character.

The very shady figure finally reaches the end of the stairwell, the camera shot lifting all the way up to his face, revealing a man with very dark hair, dark facial hair, possibly mascara and eye shadow on to make him look all the more dark to go with his long, black longcoat. This very dark figure is recognized by some, but he soon lets us know who he is –

Man:
My name is Tyler Black. And I. Don’t want you. To like me.

**End Package**

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

~Backstage …

We’re in the trainer’s room, where we see the Sons of the Dungeon. TJ Wilson is standing alongside his friend and partner Harry Smith, who is sitting on the trainer’s table and getting his ribs wrapped. He’s wincing with every pass around, Wilson wincing alongside him.

Smith:
How long did you say stay out of the ring?

Trainer:
Your ribs are in pretty bad shape…so I’d say about a month. I’m not clearing you to compete for another six weeks, though.

~The trainer walks offscreen, Wilson and Smith looking at each other with worried expressions, Wilson mouthing “six weeks?” As Wilson puts his hands on his hips in disappointment, he walks out of the door only to approached by a pair of gentlemen who were standing just outside in the AOW Tag Team Champion World’s Greatest Tag Team

Benjamin: (whistles)
Six weeks? Man, that sounds pretty harsh. Guess you guys won’t be competing for these tag team titles anytime soon then, huh?

~Shelton pats the title on his waist

Haas:
That’s kind of a shame, too. I mean, we saw what you guys did in the ladder match last week. That took some guts. But it really is a terrible shame.

~The tone in neither man’s voice is very sincere at all…

Wilson:
You guys are lucky. That’s six weeks we don’t get to test you guys.

~A possible joke that seems to strike the champs in an unfunny way…

Benjamin:
Test us? Test us? Listen here, kid, we’ve already beaten you and your handicapped partner.

~It’s Wilson’s turn to get an offended look

Wilson:
No. You climbed a ladder. You never pinned us. You never made us submit. Come to think of it, you’ve never faced us in a regular match, have you?

Haas:
And we won’t for another month. Because we thrive off competition. And 2-on-1 isn’t any competition. And you’re gonna be only one guy for a while, aren’t you?

Wilson:
One guy who damn near won those titles by himself. And my partner was a guy who damn near won them with broken ribs. And we come from a line of guys who don’t ever take guys like you pushing us aside.

Benjamin:
You know what, Charlie – we’re better than this. We don’t need to be discussing title matches with rookies.

~Benjamin and Haas start walking away from the suddenly vehement Wilson who stares at them as we fade away…

~Back at ringside…

The arena lies in quiet wait until “FINAL COUNTODOWN” rings from the heavens to a huge pop, as AOW Cruiserweight Champion Bryan Danielson pushes through the blood-red curtain and pauses on the entrance stage, taking in his ovation. He makes his way down the ramp very pumped, but keeping much of it in. He stops about halfway down the ramp to point at a fan who has a “Year of the Dragon” poster before running and sliding into the ring and jumping onto the turnbuckle, screaming his theme’s refrain with the entire Hammerstein, as this could indeed be his final countdown.

“KING OF MY WORLD” by Saliva rings out now to the same amount of ungodly heat it got in the opening of the night, as Chris Jericho comes down in his wrestling attire this time, AOW Championship still slung over his shoulder. But surprisingly, just like last night, he is alone. There is no Wright, no Doane, no Lashley – just Jericho and hid better-than-you walk. He smugly steps into the ring and turns his back towards the masses as he hands his title to referee Goose Mahoney, kissing it before doing so. Mahoney raises the title high as both men back away into opposite corners.

MAIN EVENT

AOW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Chris Jericho(c)
v.
Bryan Danielson

{Danielson’s Cruiserweight Championship is not on the line}

As soon as Goose Mahoney rings the bell, Danielson darts towards Jericho, but completely fakes him out, pulling back as soon as he jutted forward. Jericho is taken aback at the move, but resituates himself while asking the referee to pat down Danielson. Mahoney approaches Danielson, who is not excited about that at all, as the crowd delivers heat while the ref pointlessly pats Danielson down. As soon as the ref’s done, Danielson’s arms are still open, leaving room for Jericho to dart in on his own and ambush Danielson with a hard knee to the gut, the cheap shot causing Danielson to double over. Jericho takes this early advantage to shove Danielson into a corner and start delivering blows to him before the ref stops him and forces him to back away. While the crowd lets loose their disapproval of this, Danielson and Jericho finally approach center ring and circle one another, Jericho with a wide smirk on his face.

The two initiate a lock-up, Jericho, surprisingly aggressive, gets the upper hand almost immediately and wrenches Danielson in a headlock, even getting on one knee to do so. We can hear Jericho verbally berating Danielson as he’s trapped in the grip, as Jericho screams “You’re nothing, junior!” A few more minor remarks are heard as well before Danielson gets vertical and manages to toss Jericho off of him into the ropes, Jericho hitting Danielson with a hard shoulder block on the swift rebound. Jericho looks down at Danielson with the same overconfident smirk, even reaching down to pat his face and mock him…only for Danielson to pull on it and try for a LEBELL LOCK…NO!! Jericho squirms away and out of the ring, needing to catch his breath after it nearly being over so early.

Jericho stares blankly into the ring at his potential gross underestimation of Danielson, who just stares back with a fire in his eyes, telling Jericho to ‘come on!” Jericho tentatively jumps back on the apron and leers right back at the determined Danielson before stepping back in. He cautiously approaches Danielson this time, the two men circling once more before getting another lock-up, Danielson this time shooting in and picking one of Jericho’s ankles, taking him off his feet. Danielson holds onto the ankle, possibly going to put it into a submission move as well, but Jericho bounces on his buttocks into a corner and wraps his arm around a rope, forcing the referee to make Danielson let go. Danielson backs away, his expression not changing from what it was a while ago. Jericho props himself back up and makes his way back towards the center of the ring to approach Danielson. The two reach in for another lock-up, but Jericho dekes Danielson into it and instead punts him in the gut for his troubles. Jericho then whips the Cruiserweight champ over with a snapmare before following up on it with a dropkick to the back of the head! Danielson goes down and Jericho gets the first cover of the whole contest –

1…

2…

NO!!

Danielson has plenty more fight in him, and Jericho realizes this, opting now to maybe squeeze the life out of him. He delivers several hard elbows to Danielson’s shoulder area before pulling an arm back into a hold. The crowd is behind Danielson to get out of this rest hold, which Danielson manages to do, delivering a few elbows to Jericho’s gut for good measure before rebounding off the ropes, but running right back into a Jericho kick to the gut. In one fluid motion, Jericho goes from the kick to the midsection to getting Danielson in suplex position, lifting him…and bounces him off the top rope with a springboard suplex!! Jericho tries for yet another cover –

1…

2…

NO!!

Danielson wants to keep this thing going! Jericho looks a little angry at that, looking at the downed Danielson as he turns to his side. Jericho then seeks catharsis in kicking Danielson in the spine over and over, screaming at him that he’s an “irrelevant miscreant”. As Danielson yelps in the hard smacks to his spine, Jericho lifts him up and drops him back with a hard pendulum backbreaker, netting him another cover –

1…

2…

NO!!

Danielson has more than enough fight left. Jericho frustratingly takes Danielson and starts to drag him back up again, but Danielson throws off the clutches of the champion and starts pounding away with a rapid array of forearms, the crowd getting behind it. With Jericho dazed enough, Danielson strikes Jericho in his midsection with a nice kick, forcing him to one knee. AmDrag then rears back and prepares for a huge roundhouse, but Jericho ducks underneath the educated feet of Danielson, pushing him from behind into the ropes on the backswing. Danielson wraps his arms around the ropes, stopping any rebound, as Jericho approaches him. Danielson responds to this by delivering a machinegun flurry of punches to Jericho’s midsection that catch everyone by surprise to a growing pop. The momentum could be shifting here, as Danielson charges towards the shocked Jericho, but the veteran keeps his composure and guides the rushing Danielson over the top rope.

The unfettered Danielson holds onto the top rope, however, staying put on the apron. As Danielson gets his footing set, he looks up to see Jericho coming with the triple jump dropkick, but the ever aware challenger sidesteps and causes Jericho to get caught in the middle ropes. As Jericho tries to get out of his awkward landing and get to his feet on the apron, Danielson’s sidestep momentum takes him towards a turnbuckle which he climbs to the top of. When Jericho has gathered himself, he looks up now to see Danielson coming at him with the flying knee from the top rope!! Jericho drops lifelessly to the padded outside, while Danielson lands inside on his feet. The crowd is roaring heavily as Danielson is all sorts of pumped up while Jericho lies possibly concussed to the delight of many before we cut away…

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

As we return from the break, we’re met with the image of Danielson holding Jericho in the air on the outside, dropping Jericho’s midsection across the barricade with a front suplex! As Jericho lay suspended and helpless, Danielson holds Jericho’s head steady as he delivers kick after kick after kick after kick to the prone Jericho!! The crowd counts each kick until Danielson takes a few steps back and rushes at Jericho…and knocks him off the barricade with a Knee Trembler!! William Regal would be proud, as Jericho flops back into ringside. The referee is admonishing Danielson for that, wanting him to get back in the ring. Danielson doesn’t seem to be paying much heed, but he does leap to the apron, but only to further stalk Jericho on the outside. The Worthy Champion gets to his feet with a very glazed expression, and it’s about to get worse when Danielson leaps at him from the apron…CODEBREAKER!! CODEBREAKER!! CODEBREAKER FROM NOWHERE ON THE OTUSIDE!! WOW!! The crowd deflates like fucking crazy as Danielson gets crunched by the finishing maneuver. Both men are lying eagle spread on the outside, Mahoney now with now choice but to start a count out/KO count –

…1!!

…2!!

…3!!

…4!!

…5!!

Jericho starts to motion now, gathering himself on all fours before grabbing hold of Danielson and dragging his carcass to the edge of the ring before rolling him in and following. He shoots the half on Danielson before lying on him and holding a leg high –

1…

2…

3…

NO!!

DANIELSON ROLLS THE SHOULDER!! All the time wasted outside cost Jericho dearly! Jericho is not happy in the least at that effort, looking at Mahoney and holding up three fingers, swearing he knew that was a three count. Jericho damn near chokes Mahoney for that, but he uses his frustration instead to veer back over to Danielson and look like he wants to raise him up…but Danielson pulls him in for a small package!

1…

2…

3…NO!!

Danielson’s first pin attempt of the entire match comes from nowhere and damn near catches Jericho by surprise! Jericho springs to his feet after unhooking the package, Danielson struggling a bit to get to one knee. Jericho tries to grapple Danielson again, but AmDrag knocks Jericho away with a European uppercut, followed by another. Jericho approaches him a third time with a wild punch attempt, but Danielson underhooks it and Jericho’s other arm…double underhook suplex!! Danielson floats over for another cover –

1…

2…

NO!!

Jericho has life still in his bones, evidenced by nearly tearing off Danielson’s nose on the kickout. Danielson takes Jericho now and attempts to toss him into the ropes, but it’s reversed, sending Danielson bouncing. On the rebound, Danielson fires back with the sit-out clothesline, followed quickly by another. Building head of steam here, Danielson takes the Worthy Man and tosses him into the ropes again, Jericho rebounding this time and smashing Danielson with the flying forearm smash. Both men are lain out on that move…before Jericho kips-up. The crowd roars in disapproval, Jericho with a tired smile developing on his face at the knock against the last man he faced. Danielson slowly gets to his feet, possibly still feeling the effects of the Codebreaker. Jericho uses this slow time to strike Danielson several times before whipping him towards a turnbuckle…which Danielson backflips over! Jericho turns around to see a twirling Danielson deliver a discus elbow that would make Chris Hero proud! But Danielson hits it so hard, he stumbles a little, catching the ropes on the blow. He then ventures out and begins to climb the top rope, awaiting Jericho’s revival. As he ascends, he stalks the Master of War until he gets vertical before leaping with the missile front dropkick…NO…Jericho catches his legs…WALLS OF JERICHO!! WALLS OF JERICHO!! WALLS OF JERICHO!!

Danielson is caught in the Walls!! Jericho has it synched in fairly deep, Danielson trying to crawl away to a rope. The crowd is hot, trying their best to give Danielson some kind of fuel. Jericho isn’t helping matters, yelling “you’re no better than Michaels!” and of course his infamous “ASK HIM!” The Cruiserweight champ has a struggle written all over his face, his back bending in places it shouldn’t. He then gets a small lightbulb, it appears, as he stops reaching for a rope and starts grabbing and pulling at Jericho’s near ankle. As Jericho looks to possibly crank back on them even more, he apparently loses the grip on one of Danielson’s legs while seeing his leg in Danielson’s grip. Danielson tugs on Jericho’s leg enough to make space for him to roll underneath and between Jericho’s legs, catching the arm still holding Danielson’s captured leg on the roll through…LEBELL LOCK!! LEBELL LOCK FROM THE WALLS OF JERICHO!!

The roles are suddenly shifted, as Jericho is now the one who is trying to crawl and find a way to a corner! Danielson sells the intensity of the hold, urging Jericho to tap or he’ll break his neck. Jericho is screaming in pain, trying to find something to get out of this one way or another…and he does, dropping a hand on a rope he had to crawl to! The crowd deflates back into their seats as Danielson has to let go of the hold. Jericho slinks into a corner while that occurs, but Bryan is right on him, rushing towards him and nailing him with the exploding corner dropkick!! Jericho drops and Danielson keeps his momentum going with a cover –

1…

2…

NO!!

Jericho throws a shoulder up and rolls away and onto one knee from Danielson, who rushes right back at Jericho, only to be greeted with the standing enzeguiri!! Danielson drops like a stone upon being decked in the head with the boot, giving Jericho a chance to go for another cover –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

Danielson keeps on rolling! This pisses Jericho off to no end, as he starts mercilessly pounding his challenger’s face with repeat blows before throwing it several times against the mat. He then stands over him and stares down, the crowd throwing heat as he does so. He leers at Danielson before saying “I told you, junior – this world is mine!” Jericho then runs at the ropes…LIONSAULT…NOBODY HOME!! Jericho falls flat on his ribs as he pops up in agony onto his knees. Danielson is quick to rise up and sees Jericho in position – and starts nailing Jericho with repeat shoot kicks!! The crowd even starts counting along with the number of kicks –

1!!

2!!

3!!

4!!

5!!

6!!

7!!

8!!

9!!

Danielson stops the kicks before looking at Jericho’s increasingly limp body, getting close to his face. “No – this world is MINE!” DECAPITATING ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO THE SKULL!! Jericho falls limp, the crowd going absolutely nuts as Danielson covers as we head into overrun –

1…

2…

3…

NO!!

JERICHO ROLLS A SHOULDER!! But Danielson’s determination doesn’t take a moment of rest, grabbing Jericho’s thrown-up arm and his other arm for a double-wrist clutch…then starts RABIDLY STOMPING THE LIVING FUCK OUT OF JERICHO!! The Worthy Champion’s head violently whiplashes off the canvas repeatedly, his chest also taking a brunt of the impacts. The crowd is still white hot, Mahoney checking to see if this is gonna knock Jericho out. The blows to the head may be coming into play here on this one, but Jericho finds something in him to bring up a knee into Danielson’s lower back and break the clutch, turning on his stomach to crawl away and hold his head, but Danielson still isn’t letting up, jumping on Jericho’s back and looking for CATTLE MUTILATION…but Jericho manages to crawl to his feet before Danielson can bridge. This doesn’t undo the double chickenwing Danielson’s got on Jericho, so he uses them to promptly nail a dragon suplex…but keeps the grip and rolls over himself…German suplex!! A dragon/German combo!! WOW! Danielson keeps the bridge on this one, prompting another count –

1…

2…

3…

NO!!

JERICHO STILL HAS GUTS LEFT!! He has to twist and torque his body to get out of the bridge, but he does, gripping his neck in pain. He slowly rises to his feet to face a waiting and rabid Danielson who goes back on the offensive, but Jericho backs him away with a CHOP(Wooooo!) that sends him back a few steps. When he charges again, Jericho delivers another CHOP(Wooooo!) before nailing him in the midsection and tossing him into the ropes. On the rebound, Danielson ducks underneath a clothesline attempt and rebounds again and leaps high, possibly looking for another leaping knee strike…but Jericho catches him in mid-air and uses his momentum against him…MOMENTOUS MODIFIED SITOUT POWERBOMB!! WOW!! Both men are on the canvas, exhausted – Danielson eagle spread from the impact, while Jericho lies on his stomach trying to gather himself. The crowd is popping like mad, several ‘THIS IS AWESOME’ chants kicking about before Jericho gets enough in him to crawl ever so slowly over on Danielson’s body –

1…

2…

3-NO!!

ANOTHER KICKOUT!! The kid’s still got heart! Jericho has a look of bewilderment on his face, unsure what to think and looking at Mahoney and knowing it was three. Jericho uses his frustrated energy to take put Danielson in a jackknife cover –

1…

2…
{Jericho puts his feet on the ropes for leverage~!!}

3…

NO!!

DANIELSON STILL THROWS A SHOULDER UP!! We briefly see Jericho pissed off, but he takes the opportunity on the on all fours now Danielson and gets him in an Oklahoma roll, getting the school boy roll up –

1…

2…

3…??

LEBELL LOCK!! LEBELL FROM THE SCHOOL BOY!! Jericho’s ploy to get away from the ropes comes back to immediately bite him!! Danielson has him center of the ring with nowhere to go and the crowd is going nuts!! Can Danielson make Jericho tap here?? The Hammerstein is coming unglued as Danielson roars in intensity, wrenching the hold back almost as far as he can go. Jericho can do nothing but struggle amongst a sea of hatred, but as he thrashes, he starts cranking up on Danielson’s near leg. As Danielson tries to pull back and put more pressure in the move, he winds up falling back onto his back, Jericho now with room to stand and still pulling up on the leg. It looks like a pin attempt, but before the ref can get a count going, Jericho turns this modified school boy…INTO THE WALLS!! LEBELL LOCK INTO THE WALLS OF JERICHO!! The entire momentum is shifted on a dime yet again!! Danielson is now the one struggling in the center of the ring, the crowd still behind him now to get out of this predicament. Danielson’s pain is written on his face as he starts to crawl on his elbows…

…inching closer to the ropes…

…he reaches out, still a ways away…

…reaching again…just a little more…

NO!! Jericho pulls back away from the ropes…before putting all his weight back and turning it into THE LIONTAMER!! Danielson is center of the ring with no options, but he stays in absolute agony for several seconds…

HE TAPS!! HE TAPS!! DANIELSON TAPS OUT!!

Winner and STILL AOW Heavyweight Champion: CHRIS JERICHO at (21:18)

Jericho keeps the hold locked in for several more seconds before throwing Danielson’s legs down in front of him. He gets handed his title to a now mostly silent crowd, an exhausted smile sliding across his face. Jericho raises his gold high, standing over the body of the rebel against him before asking for a microphone.

Chris Jericho:
I said tonight would be the end of you ever sticking your nose in my business again, didn’t I, junior? When a worthy man makes a promise, he more than delivers!

Jericho lowers the mike before guiding his arm to show us Paul “The Great” Wright and Bobby Lashley making their way down the ramp. This is not going to look very good at all, the two men sliding and rolling into the ring. Lashley yanks up Danielson’s limp body and holds him steady, while Wright cocks his fist back to prepare to knock him the fuck out…when Jericho stops him.

Chris Jericho:
Wait, wait, wait, wait. I think this man belongs to Kenneth. So come out here and show your newfound worthiness by finishing this unworthy soul, Ken Doane!

We lie in wait for several quiet seconds awaiting even more of an onslaught…but we get Ken Doane. However, he’s flung out from behind the curtain, rolling lifelessly down the entrance ramp!! The crowd pops wild, as someone’s chunked Kenny a country mile! Jericho’s face goes full on frightened, as it only takes a moment for the man who threw him to make his way through the curtain…SAMOA JOE!! IT’S JOE!! Joe throws back the curtains and simply walks through the with an intimidating aura, the crowd popping like mad when they see him. Joe looks straight down the ramp right at Jericho, pointing at him…before cutting his throat. Jericho hardly has time to change expression because Joe comes charging down the ramp!! Jericho orders the men to drop Danielson, as all three men high tail it away from the Machine, who damn near tries to get all three men, telling them they only got away by ‘this much’.

Joey Styles:
An absolute classic match between champions, a new champion almost being crowned, and the further destruction of a man stopped by the mere presence of the one man army, Samoa Joe!!

JBL:
I will admit that was one hell of a match, an’ it looks like Samoa Joe’s got his sights set dead red on the entire Worthy Legion!

Joey Styles:
If there’s any man that can do it, it’s Joe! This taking over AOW is not going to be as easy as Chris Jericho anticipated. This world still belongs to the ass-kickers! I’m Joey Styles alongside John “Bradshaw” Layfield, as we wish you a very merry New Year!

The final image we get on the first edition of Oblivion in 2008 is that of Samoa Joe holding Bryan Danielson with a look of pure intensity on his face, staring down the Worthy Legion, who are taking their newest member in their arms as well, backing away from the newly dubbed “One Man Army” as we

Fade…

To…

Black…

END SHOW

Good bit of this show was done to inspire myself, but hope all don't hate me for it. Enjoy the fallout

DO A LITTLE DANCE; MAKE A LITTLE LOVE

GET CUTE TONIGHT

AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair
.:Oblivion Edition 36 NOW POSTED!!:.
619IDH is offline   Reply With Quote