Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

326K views 7K replies 218 participants last post by  Notorious 
#1 ·
Preseason cranks up tomorrow and that means we're less than a month from games that count.

This is the best time of year.

#716 ·
re: NFL Thread: Week 1 - Glorious

I've got a bad feeling about this. Do the new refs know Brady's and the Steelers' special rules?
They'll learn soon enough when Tom Terrific gives them those evil looks when a strong breeze knocks a hair out of place.

Also, referees can't help but root for the Steelers, everyone loves 'em!

#725 ·

The trade deadline was moved until the Tuesday after Week 8. About time. It should probably be around week 10 or 11, but this is better than it was.

Also, one player placed on IR can now come off of it at some point in the season. Here's another good change.

#730 ·

I liked what I saw from the 49ers final pre-season game against the Chargers. The running game was solid, the defense was forcing turnovers and Colin Kaepernick looked really good. He has really improved. I wouldn't mind him starting now if Alex Smith misses a game or two.

#732 ·

Chicago cut Clutts, the only FB on their roster. Yeah, I'm confused by that move, unless Michael Bush becomes part FB.

#734 ·

Chicago cut Clutts, the only FB on their roster. Yeah, I'm confused by that move, unless Michael Bush becomes part FB.
They have like 4 or 5 TEs that they like so I'm guessing the rookie Evan Rodriguez and Kyle Adams will share that role. One of them might emerge as the guy but their TEs are really versatile so I think they will just use what they have.

#743 ·
Re: NFL Thread: Week 1 - Glorious

MJD reported.

So he just didn't want to go to camp and play in preseason games. Got it.
Seems like he didn't think that one through. Wasn't he fined somewhere around 800-900K? The main disadvantage in doing that was primarily the fact that JACKSONVILLE wouldn't have used him much, if at all, in the preseason. Appears to be a dumb reason to lose that much money, but hey, I'm sure 800-900K is chump change for elite players like MJD.

EDIT: I guess the more accurate figure was 1.2 million.

#745 ·
Re: NFL Thread: Week 1 - Glorious

They need to hurry the absolute fuck up and announce a deal for the NFL on UK television. They're trying to make the NFL more popular over here and they haven't even got a deal in place to show it on TV anymore. Amateurs. Nothing makes a weekend like Sunday NFL Countdown, then 3 games on the spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.