Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #459 (permalink)
L-DOPA
I'll never be lonesome again.

L-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a push
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

My ideal situation would be to have Punk vs Rock at Mania for the title with Punk going over but lets be honest: whilst Punk is undoubtedly over as champion he isn't close to Cena's level in terms of being a draw. Rock vs Cena II whilst done before would undoubtedly draw more than Punk vs Rock. The twitter poll may say otherwise but who wants to bet that the majority of that poll was voted on by the IWC? Its not a good idea of what casual fans really want to see.

I know this has been said already but I see Rock vs Punk indeed going down at RR with Punk remaining champion for 14 months. Rock will win the title that night with Cena either winning the RR or winning a number one contenders match at EC setting up Rock vs Cena II. The only other option is sticking Lesnar in there, having him win the number one contender's spot and having Rock vs Brock II at Mania. This I believe would draw more than Rock vs Cena II. Why? It hasn't been done in a long time and both men are big draws, Rock being the legend and Hollywood moviestar and Lesnar being one of the most recognisable fighters/sportsmen in the world. The draw could be huge. There is one problem: It is likely both men wont be doing anything after and leaving so we could have the Goldberg/Lesnar effect of them being booed out of the building. Will WWE want to risk that on the main event of the biggest PPV's of the year? I don't know, my gut instinct says no.

Due to their history, its likely Lesnar will face Taker which is another potentially big money match as Lesnar is one of the few people who can be seen as a legitimate threat to the streak. The only question is where does this leave Punk? Stone Cold is said to not be wrestling until WM 30 and he wants the match itself to be the main event, in which the most likely opponent will be Punk because both men want it. Austin is unlikely to face Punk at WM 29 so who does Punk face? Presents a dilemma and its most likely Punk will be forced down the card for the PPV. Which is a shame.

I'm a Laura Stevenson guy
L-DOPA is offline   Reply With Quote