Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Cycling discussion thread

View Single Post

Old 08-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #52 (permalink)
Jobberwacky
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500Jobberwacky 1001 - 1500
Default Re: The Cycling discussion thread

Yeah, i agree with all of that.

Records falling of previous obvious dopers? Womens 4x100 relay? People were talking about what a great thing that was, while failing to recognize the potential irony of what they were saying?

I love T&f, Swimming, Cycling etc, every sport, but it's hard to watch and love knowing what's potentially helping to produce the results. Seeing the world so wrapped up with Bolt, being told that he's revolutionized athletics after it's questionable history. People talking about Phelps as the GOAT. Seeing BC dominate the track and now making waves on the road, cycling was the centerpiece of our home Olympic campaign and it feels so tainted. If the country ever found out there was a major doping program they would be devastated. There is so much positivity ATM, many have no idea, many either try not to think about it, or write it off somehow.

As much as i really want all these sports to get cleaned up, they have had so many problems in the past, that now at a time when interest is being built up in the next generation, i don't want to see it all come crashing down again. We can't continue with this situation any longer though, science is getting smarter and the rewards are greater than ever, something has got to give. The level things have reached means inevitably there are more and more stories and scandals to erupt and things will have to change, hopefully. I just pray that sport survives what is an untapped resource of shitstorms that need to transpire at some stage. It's not fair that cycling has to carry such a burden, when there is every likelyhood so many other sports are doing similar things, with nowhere near the same profile.
Jobberwacky is offline   Reply With Quote