Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Jerry Lawler: Best Wrestler of the 1980s

View Single Post

Old 08-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #36 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Lawler's Best Matches

As for how highly I think of his work, well I'd put him without into a top 10 of all time worldwide, including Europe, Lucha, Japan and US wrestling. Undoubtedly one of the best brawlers in history, capable of working a variety of wrestlers in all shapes and sizes and getting good/great matches out of them, ridiculous consistency from the late 70s till even today where he regularly works the indy scene in Memphis and still puts on some great matches. Has maybe the best timing in wrestling history, paces and structures his matches to perfection, is an all time great bumper and seller and may be the best wrestler ever at getting the most out of very little (though Funk and Murdoch could also have valid claims to that effect).

Last edited by Clique : 08-24-2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: merged threads
WOOLCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote