Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - GCB's WWE

Thread: GCB's WWE
View Single Post

Old 08-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #114 (permalink)
GCB
Learning to break kayfabe

GCB is an after thoughtGCB is an after thought
Default February 4th, 2011: SMACKDOWN

FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN LIVE
WELLS FARGO ARENA, DES MOINES, IOWA
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 4TH, 2011

*** DO YOU KNOW THE ENEMY? ***

*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***

SMACKDOWN opens with the pyro as the camera spins around the arena, the WWE Universe going wild for the start of another exciting edition of SMACKDOWN here tonight as Todd Grisham and Mick Foley – still an announcer despite his new NXT duties standing in for The Rock – welcome us to the show ...

TODD GRISHAM:
Welcome to Friday night’s hottest show, we are live in Des Moines, Iowa, this is Friday Night SMACKDOWN – live! I’m Todd Grisham, my partner here is Mick Foley and what a night we have in store right here tonight, Mick?

MICK FOLEY:
This is what I got into the WWE for, Todd, we’ve got amazing matches – I cannot wait!

TODD GRISHAM:
The Tag Team Championships will be on the line tonight, Evan Bourne and Mark Henry will challenge the British Empire for the belts.

MICK FOLEY:
And I don’t know about you, Todd, but I’m already sick to death of hearing from William Regal and the Empire. Hopefully, tonight, Evan Bourne and Mark Henry can get the job done and take those titles away.

TODD GRISHAM:
With the Elimination Chamber just over two weeks from today, we’ll find out two of the remaining three participants in the SMACKDOWN Chamber match for the World Championship. We already know that World Champion CM Punk, Big Show and Kofi Kingston have qualified. The question is, first of all, which of the two Hardy Boys will win their place tonight?

MICK FOLEY:
Michael Cole thinks that he pulled a stroke last week when he tricked the Hardy Boys into thinking they’d both qualified for the Chamber when they defeated the Empire. However, with just one man to qualify, Matt and Jeff will go at it tonight – which one of the brothers will make it to the Chamber?

The camera switches to the side of the stage where a huge mound of earth stands with a grave dug out of the middle of it. The camera zooms in on the digger beside the mound which shows the bucket full of earth ready to be tipped into the grave ...

TODD GRISHAM:
And our main event tonight, Mick, what a match this will be for SMACKDOWN ...

MICK FOLEY:
Both of these guys are legends in this business, Todd, they will both be in the Hall of Fame but there is only one place for them in the Elimination Chamber!

The match card flashes up on screen ...

... before the camera focuses in on the gravestone ...

BURIED ALIVE
FEBRUARY 11, 2011
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN

KANE
vs.
UNDERTAKER

TODD GRISHAM:
One place in the Elimination Chamber, two legends of the WWE, one match ... Buried Alive!

MICK FOLEY:
Kane and the Undertaker, Todd, that’s all you need to know. Add in the Buried Alive stipulation and the Elimination Chamber reward, oh my, oh my, oh my!

TODD GRISHAM:
There’s no doubt about it, what a night we’re going to have ...

????:
Can I have your attention, please?

MICHAEL COLE
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN GENERAL MANAGER

The excitement in the arena turns quickly to heat as Michael Cole, grinning from ear to ear, strides out in his suit and tie. He walks towards the ring as he continues to address the WWE Universe ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Iowa, I know that listening to others is not your strong point so please just be quiet for a moment while I speak to the people watching on TV ...

Huge jeers and boos for the SMACKDOWN General Manager as he shakes his head in amusement. He steps up the stairs and he comes through the ropes where the boos intensify once again ...

MICHAEL COLE:
OK, OK, my name is Michael Cole ... (More jeers and boos from the crowd here in Des Moines) ... and I am the SMACKDOWN General Manager! (More boos from the crowd) Now, you can boo me all that you want, Iowa, the fact is that you’re all hyped up for the matches here tonight and there is one man that you should be thanking for them!

Cole spreads his arms and spins around, making it clear that that man is him, as the crowd continue to give him grief. Cole stands still again, chuckling, as he prepares to continue ...

MICHAEL COLE:
I mean, when has Shawn Michaels on RAW ever given you matches like I am tonight? When has Shawn Michaels given you a Tag Team Championship match lately? He has never even had the British Empire on his show!

Boos for the mention of the Empire who are clearly as unpopular in Des Moines as they are everywhere else!

MICHAEL COLE:
Yet I, Michael Cole, have made a Tag Team Championship match for tonight! The British Empire will face Mark Henry and Evan Bourne for the titles right here tonight!

Some cheers for the mention of this ...

MICHAEL COLE:
I’m also the man who had the foresight and vision to pit Matt and Jeff Hardy, two men who are about as interesting as dishwater normally, against each other tonight to fight for a place in the Elimination Chamber ...

Boos for this announcement, the crowd clearly believe that Matt and Jeff both earned their spot last week before Cole tricked them ...

MICHAEL COLE:
And look out over there! Look at that mound of earth over there ...

A buzz of excitement in the arena again as the camera focuses on the grave and the stone featured over near the stage ...

MICHAEL COLE:
You know who you have to thank for that? (Cole looks around once again as the crowd jeer) ME! ME! ME! ME! I’m the man who is making SMACKDOWN the greatest show ever seen in the WWE! The greatest General Manager that the WWE has ever seen.

Huge boos for the SMACKDOWN General Manager as he looks around for adulation that isn’t going to come his way here. He looks annoyed by this reception now ...

MICHAEL COLE:
You people need to learn some respect. There is no other city in the United States of America that treats me this way ...

Mick Foley laughs out loud on commentary, what a ridiculous statement that is from Cole. However, he genuinely seems to believe it and he is going to continue on further ...

MICHAEL COLE:
The rest of the WWE Universe know what an amazing job I am doing here on SMACKDOWN. I have already scheduled an amazing show but I’m sure that you’re all wondering ... (Cole backtracks a little to himself) Hang on, no! You’re incapable of wondering about anything. However, most people at home are probably wondering ... (More intense heat for Cole as he insults Iowa once more) ... who is going to be the final man in the SMACKDOWN Elimination Chamber match for the World Heavyweight Championship in two weeks time? You already know that it will be CM Punk defending against Big Show, Kofi Kingston, one of the Hardys and one of Kane or the Undertaker ... but who will the sixth man be?

Cole is making a big deal of this announcement, he clearly thinks it is a big one ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Well, I’ve been thinking about who deserves it. I’ve been thinking about who would have the best chance of winning the World Championship. And that man is ...

*** JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES ***

*** CHRISTIAN ***

The crowd go crazy as Christian comes out from backstage – many of them think that Cole has allowed him to enter the match. However, in the ring, Cole is waving his arms and questioning what Christian is doing out here. It begins to dawn on the crowd that Cole is not referring to Christian who is walking out to the ring with a smile on his face. As he climbs the steps, Cole demands that Christian returns to the back and lets him continue with his announcement. However, Christian is having none of it and he steps through the ropes and shoves Cole aside before saluting the fans ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Cut the music! I SAID CUT THE MUSIC!

Cole looks angered here, he clearly didn’t expect to see Christian come out here tonight. Christian turns to him as his music fades and faces him with a glint in his eyes ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Christian, what the hell are you doing here? I called you earlier, I told you, I demanded that you stay away from SMACKDOWN tonight. You had your chance last week, I know that all you will want to do tonight is moan and cry ... (Christian laughs at Cole as the crowd boo once again) ... You’re not welcome here in my ring, you’re not welcome on my show tonight.

More boos as Christian smirks ...

CHRISTIAN:
You know what, Cole? When I received that call, I was pissed off. Yeah, I was. And I nearly didn’t board the flight here to Iowa tonight, I was going to stay away. After all, what would have been the point of coming?

Christian looks imploringly at Cole who makes to speak ...

CHRISTIAN:
Shut up, Cole! It’s time to listen to me!

Cole cannot believe how Christian just spoke to him and looks on flabbergasted as the crowd cheer Christian’s words ...

CHRISTIAN:
What changed my mind then? That’s what you’re thinking, right? What could possibly have made me decide to disobey the orders of my boss, the great Michael Cole?

Christian uses quote marks for the word ‘great’ to show his saracasm before continuing ...

CHRISTIAN:
Well, you see, Cole, I got another phone call. A phone call from the Board of Directors. Not Chip Butty, the Board of Directors that run the company, the people who ensure that the company is run correctly. And do you know what they told me, Cole?

Cole looks worried at this point ...

CHRISTIAN:
They told me that my Elimination Chamber qualifying match from last week ... was not what they told you to do. They told me that they told you to give me a fair chance at qualifying – in other words, Cole ... (Christian moves closer to the SMACKDOWN General Manager) ... not a Handicap match against Cena and Punk.

MICHAEL COLE:
Now, wait a minute, I was never ...

Christian knocks the microphone out of Cole’s hand and it lands with a buzz that echoes through the arena. Cole is looking angrier by the second and Christian is on a roll here to the delight of the fans ...

CHRISTIAN:
I told you, Cole, to shut up and listen.

Huge cheers for Christian as he puts a shocked Cole in his place once again ...

CHRISTIAN:
They told me that I should come to Iowa tonight ... (Pop for the mention of the home state) ... They told me that I would get a fair chance, tonight, one on one, to qualify for the Elimination Chamber. So, Michael Cole, it is over to you. Who am I going to face tonight? Who will be my opponent?

Cole picks up the microphone with a look of rage in his eyes, Christian is going to pay for his actions, of that there is no doubt. He straightens himself up and steadies himself to speak ...

MICHAEL COLE:
You’re right, Christian. You get your one on one match and – if you win – you can qualify for the Elimination Chamber. And your opponent ... Your opponent will be ... (Cole ponders for a second) ... Your opponent, Christian, will be ...

Suddenly, Cole reaches out and slaps Christian hard across the face, stunning the Canadian, before he quickly throws himself through the ropes and up the ramp before Christian has chance to retaliate. Christian is shocked and looks angered by Cole’s lack of respect, he rages and almost chases after him but composes himself ...

MICHAEL COLE:
... Yeah, did you like that Christian? You’re finished with SMACKDOWN, Christian. I’ll give you your shot tonight but nobody disrespects me. I’m the General Manager, damnit! You can have your match tonight, it will be one on one, you will qualify for the Chamber if you win ...

Cheers for this announcement but Cole is continuing and it seems, from his tone, this isn’t going to be good news ...

MICHAEL COLE:
... But if you lose, Christian, you will be fired from SMACKDOWN!

A worried look now passes the face of Christian as the WWE Universe boo and Cole smirks ...

MICHAEL COLE:
And your opponent for this match, Christian, the one you so desperately wanted ...

Cole mocks thinking about it a little more as Christian, rubbing the side of his face, watches on ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Your opponent will be a man I can trust to get the job done. Tonight, Christian, you face ... JOHN CENA!

Cole laughs as Christian looks on, his look of worry slowly turning to a look of determination. As Cole leaves, Grisham and Foley hype up the news – Christian vs. John Cena tonight on SMACKDOWN, if Christian wins then he qualifies for the Chamber, if he loses then he is fired from SMACKDOWN! A shocking development as SMACKDOWN heads into the first commercial of the evening ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with a match card showing on the screen, it advertises the match tonight between Christian and John Cena as Foley and Grisham hype it up further and remind us of the stipulations announced by Cole moments ago ... The camera switches to the interview pit where Matt Striker is stood waiting ...

MATT STRIKER:
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome ... THE HARDY BOYS!

Huge cheer in the arena as Matt and Jeff Hardy both walk into shot ready for action later tonight ...

MATT STRIKER:
Guys, later tonight, thanks to Michael Cole last week, you two go one on one against each other for a place in the SMACKDOWN Elimination Chamber. Guys, I gotta’ ask you – how on earth are you going to face up to this match tonight?

Matt and Jeff look to each other for a moment, a look of respect for each other in their eyes, and then it is Matt Hardy who speaks first ...

MATT HARDY:
You know, Matt, last week when Cole put us in this match, our first reaction was to go and tell him to where to get off. He made us believe that we would both qualify if we won our match last week, then he tricked us and told us we’d get a shot at it by having to face each other this week. Now I know that Cole is a lying, cheating snake in the grass but this goes beyond low, Matt, he is facing two brothers to fight it out against each other. Now, that might be OK for Kane and the Undertaker but not for us.

JEFF HARDY:
Michael Cole is a no-good coward, we all know that. He has never liked the Hardy Boys and he has made it clear of late that Matt wouldn’t get a chance at the World Championship, he made Matt feel like quitting the WWE. But, you know, when I came back, I reminded Matt about why we got into this business in the first place. We didn’t get into this to win the WWE Championship or the World Championship. We got into this to simply be WWE wrestlers, together, living our dream. We’ve done that and we will continue to do that – regardless of whether we’re in the title picture or not.

MATT HARDY:
Jeff’s right, we’re both here to live our dream. If Michael Cole wants to make us fight for a chance to be in the Elimination Chamber, then he can, he is the General Manager. Tonight, we go out there, Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy, we rock it Hardy style like nobody else can and, at the end of the match, one of us will go to the Chamber with the support of the other to try and win the World Heavyweight belt. And do you know what? I don’t care which of us goes after the belt. Tonight, all I care about is wrestling in front of the WWE Universe, one on one with my brother that I love, a chance to thrill the crowd and hear those cheers ...

Cheers come from the arena as Matt hypes them all up ...

MATT HARDY:
... and one of us will win, one of us will lose, but we both live our dream, we both compete in the WWE once again.

Matt hugs his brother before Jeff has the final word ...

JEFF HARDY:
It seems as if Michael Cole is hell bent on trying to force people here on SMACKDOWN out of the WWE. He’s trying to force out a good friend of ours in Christian, he’s messing with us as well. Tonight, the Hardy Boys show you, Cole, that nothing else matters apart from living our dream. But one of us will go to the Elimination Chamber, Cole, one of us will have a chance to win the World Championship. How will you feel then, Cole?

The camera switches back to the ring where it is time for the first match of the evening, a huge tag team match between some warring SMACKDOWN stars here tonight ...

*** REALEZA ***

*** ALBERTO DEL RIO ***
(w/Ricardo Rodriguez) | Intercontinental Champion

As Rodriguez introduces the Mexican aristocrat, the Intercontinental Champion slowly drives his Ferrari out from behind the curtain into the arena on the opposite side to normal – on the other side of the stage is the mound of earth for tonight’s Buried Alive contest. Del Rio gets out of the car and waves his white scarf around before joining Rodriguez on the ramp as the golden rain falls from the roof and he poses. As he nears the ring, Grisham recounts the problems that Del Rio has been having recently with his fellow Mexican, Rey Mysterio, before showing a clip from SMACKDOWN several months ago ...

As the camera returns to the ring, Del Rio’s music continues to play but he is stood astride the ropes with a huge grin on his face as he watches the footage of him injuring Rey Mysterio last September. Grisham and Foley discuss the impressive start that Del Rio has made to his career and the fact that he has only two losses to his name so far as well as the fact that he has won, and defended several times, the Intercontinental Championship.

*** CRANK IT UP ***

*** BIG SHOW ***

The intimidating presence of the Big Show heads out and he is given heat from the WWE Universe as well after his recent actions as regards to Kofi Kingston. As Show approaches the ring, he threatens a few fans and verbally trashes a few more before stomping up the steps and into the ring where he roars. Grisham throws out to some more footage from last week – this time, Big Show’s attack on Kofi Kingston backstage after both had qualified for the Elimination Chamber World Championship match ...

Quote:
... we see a jovial Kofi Kingston walking backstage.

He slaps hands with Trent Barretta who is wandering around and congratulates him, he gives a hug to Eve Torres and he also greets some of the other backstage members before opening the door to enter the locker room. As the door opens though, Kofi walks right into a huge ham of a fist ... BOOM! KNOCKOUT PUNCH! Kofi is knocked cold immediately and WWE officials swarm around him as the man who delivered the punch appears ... It’s BIG SHOW!

Show stands over the fallen Kofi and he smiles widely as he looks down on him. The officials plead with him to leave Kofi alone and then Show drops to one knee as he looks down on Kofi ...

BIG SHOW:
Congratulations on your win tonight, Kofi. I’ll see you in the Elimination Chamber!

The crowd boo as Show lifts himself back up and steps away from Kingston as if nothing has happened, smiling as he walks away and the medics have to tend to the fallen Ghanaian as well now.
Again, on return to the ring, Big Show smiles as he watches the footage before he slaps hands with Alberto Del Rio who he is partnering tonight. Foley says that Big Show needs to get some momentum going as he heads into the Elimination Chamber and tries to win back the World Championship that he recently held for just five minutes before dropping it to CM Punk, the moment when Show’s attitude probably began to change.

*** BOOYAKA BOOYAKA! 619! ***

*** REY MYSTERIO ***

Huge cheers for the popular little Mexican as he comes out accompanied by exploding pyro before he heads for the ring via the younger children here in attendance tonight in Des Moines. Placing his forehead against the children’s in the crowd, Mysterio’s progress to the ring is slow but he finally gets to the bottom of the ramp and he stands looking up to Big Show and Alberto Del Rio, the man who injured him in September and tried to injure him again last week, whilst he waits for his partner tonight ...

*** S.O.S. ***

*** KOFI KINGSTON ***

Out comes the Ghanaian Kofi Kingston, the man who has made so much progress up the SMACKDOWN ladder in the recent few months and come so close to capturing his first major WWE title – Grisham and Foley speculate on whether or not he could surprise everybody in two weeks and win the World Championship from CM Punk inside the Chamber? Foley suggests that Kofi would be a deserving World Champion and would be a great guy to have going into the SMACKDOWN main event at WrestleMania 27. As Kofi bounds down the ramp, he greets his friend, Rey Mysterio, before the pair of them slide into the ring and salute the fans in the corners. Show and Del Rio look on as the referee ensures they wait in their corner before the four men get rid of all their entrance attire and prepare themselves for the match ...

Quote:
TAG TEAM MATCH
ALBERTO DEL RIO (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) & BIG SHOW vs. KOFI KINGSTON & REY MYSTERIO

The match begins with some kidology between Del Rio and Mysterio as the ‘Master of the 619’ is desperate to start the match against his nemesis, Del Rio. However, Del Rio, who was going to start, decides to allow Big Show to start instead once he sees Mysterio waiting. Mysterio urges Del Rio to get in and start but he refuses and this frustrates Rey who wants to get hold of the Intercontinental Champion desperately. Tired of waiting, Show grabs Mysterio by the head and drags him across the ring, it looks like David vs. Goliath but, when Show looks to hit a forearm across Rey’s back, Mysterio ducks under his arm and hits the ropes, springboards and dropkicks Show to start the action. Show staggers as Mysterio goes back to trying to bait Del Rio into the ring and arguments begin. Del Rio swings a punch at Rey who ducks it and dropkicks Del Rio who falls to the floor where Rodriguez fusses over him. However, this gives Show chance and he barrels into Mysterio with a shoulder block that takes him down. As Rey gets to his feet, Show forces him to the corner and starts hitting heavy right hands to the stomach of the Mexican as he pounds at him. Mysterio looks as if he is winded with every punch to the gut and then show grabs him by the throat and lifts him up high into a Military Press before throwing him head first out over the top rope to the outside. Mysterio lands with a thud and Kofi heads around towards his partner showing concern as SMACKDOWN heads into a commercial break with Grisham speculating about whether or not Rey will be able to get back into the match ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with Big Show still in charge as he looks to put Mysterio away in the ring. A replay is shown of Show grabbing Kofi by surprise as he checked on Rey during the commercial break and throwing him head first into the barricades around the ring and when the camera returns we see Kofi struggling to get back into position for a tag from Mysterio. As Rey attempts to make the tag, Show grabs him and locks him into a Bearhug that drives the wind out of Rey once more, Show looks to lock it on as much as he can and try to force the submission from Mysterio who is weakening quickly here. As Mysterio loses the fight, Show wrenches the Bearhug in further and you can see Mysterio starting to struggle here. Kofi, now standing on the apron, tries to get the crowd involved and he leads a clap that gives Rey the impetus to try and force himself out of the Bearhug once more. However, Show is too strong and he now takes Rey down to the apron and continues to wrench around his gut. With Mysterio now spending up to two minutes in this hold, the referee is now forced to check on him. Mysterio looks beaten but Show has made a mistake taking it down to the mat as this now allows Rey, from a sitting position, to kick over his own head and he connects with Show several times to force a break. Both men get to their feet, Mysterio as quick as he can, he ducks a clothesline from Show, springboards off the ropes and goes for a Crossbody but Show catches him, readjusts and then drops Mysterio with a Sidewalk Slam that deflates the crowd once more.

** 1 **
** 2 **
** REY BARELY KICKS OUT! **

Show drags Rey up and he sets him up in an inverted headlock before dropping his elbow across the little man’s chest again driving the wind out of him. Kofi again tries to get the fans to rally around Rey but this doesn’t look good. Show now locks in a Camel Clutch and Rey screams in pain, this is turning into an absolute demolition job here. Show is taunting Kofi as he frustratingly waits for a tag that doesn’t seem to be coming before releasing the clutch and tossing Rey away to the corner where Del Rio is looking on delighted. Show again taunts Kofi before running over towards Rey, Springboard Splash in the corner and Rey is splatted on the canvas. Surely this is over now? Show stands up grinning and pulls down his strap to signal that it is time for this to end. He clenches up his fist and roars but then Del Rio urges him to make the tag. Show questions this but relents and tags in the Intercontinental Champion who stands over his rival and mocks him and the WWE Universe as he smiles. However, this proves to be a mistake as it gives Mysterio time to make a desperate move, he crawls through Del Rio’s legs and springboards off the ropes, Hurricanrana from Mysterio to Del Rio! Show is holding his head in his hands in their corner and demands to be tagged back in which Del Rio does with a look of embarrassment on his face. However, the time is enough, Rey dives across the ring ... and tags in Kofi! Fired up and ready to go, Kofi leaps onto the top rope and springboards towards the onrushing Show with a Missile Dropkick to the head that delights the fans. Show is staggered to the corner and Kofi rushes over, leaps up onto his shoulders and starts to pound away at Show’s bald head, over and over, as the crowd roar their approval. Show recovers a little and shoves Kofi off his shoulders to the mat but Kofi is like a cat and bounces up quickly, he springboards off the ropes and catches Show’s head ... DDT! Show is driven down head first into the mat as Kofi makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** BIG SHOW POWERS OUT! **

Kofi runs at Show once more but this time Show is ready and hits a boot to the face of Kingston before tagging in Del Rio once more. Del Rio hits a Roundhouse kick to the shoulder and upper arm of Kofi before dropping it down over the top rope to aggravate the pain a little more. Kofi’s arm is hurt a little by this and more so when Del Rio hits a double knee to the arm moments later as he looks to set up his finishing move. Kingston is clutching his arm but he is able to counter the forthcoming Cross Arm Breaker attempt from Del Rio as he rolls him up into a pinfall ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** DEL RIO ROLLS OUT! **

Del Rio hits a running knee to the face of Kofi and then stands over him with a look of annoyance. As Kofi gets up groggily, Del Rio again looks to set up the Rolling Cross Arm Breaker but this occurs too close to the ropes and Kofi, despite being locked into the hold, grabs the rope immediately. The referee demands the release of Kofi and Del Rio uses up the 5 count before releasing and kicking Kofi under the bottom rope. Del Rio stalks after him and rams his arm down on the steel steps as he looks to continue to weaken Kofi. As Kofi rolls back in, Del Rio follows and sneaks behind him, locks his hands around his waist and goes for a German Suplex. However, Kofi able to escape and he turns on a surprised Del Rio, Frankensteiner! Kofi quickly springboards off the ropes and leaps high in the air into a Diving Crossbody that takes Del Rio down to the mat. Kofi turns towards his corner for the tag but Rey is still struggling and the delay gives Del Rio chance to drag Kofi away. Again, Del Rio goes for the Cross Arm Breaker but Kofi refuses to allow it and he spins out of it and then hits another dropkick to the chest of the Mexican. With Del Rio down, Kofi comes off the ropes ... Boom Drop! Del Rio is looking for a tag now but Kofi hooks the leg and makes the pinfall ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** DEL RIO KICKS OUT! **

Looking for some space, Del Rio exits the ring but this proves to be another mistake – Kofi hits the ropes and goes towards him with a huge Suicide Dive that connects and drives Del Rio into the barricades as the crowd cheer. Kofi drags the Intercontinental Champion up and rolls him into the ring before following. However, Show drags Kofi back out of the ring by the legs and pulls back his arm for the WMD punch ... Kofi ducks it though, Show wheels around and here comes Mysterio across the ring, he somersaults over the top rope and collides with the giant to take him down to the delight of the fans. Into the ring goes Kingston, he waits and waits ... TROUBLE IN PARADISE! KOFI CONNECTS WITH THE TROUBLE IN PARADISE KICK! Del Rio lands on the ropes, head exposed, set up perfectly ... Kofi realises this and he tags in Mysterio who milks the crowd reaction before hitting the ropes, here he goes looking for his big move, the 619 coming up ... Ricardo Rodriguez jumps up to protect Del Rio ... 619 FROM MYSTERIO TO RODRIGUEZ INSTEAD! Ricardo falls down after taking the 619 for his employer who realises what has happened and exits the ring before he can be caught once more. As he goes through the ropes, he tags in Big Show who is just getting back onto the apron and then he heads up the ramp with a look of resignation on his face. As the crowd boo, it becomes clear that Alberto Del Rio is leaving the match and a groggy Big Show, back inside the ring, now realises this. He tries to call Alberto back but his plea doesn’t work and Big Show looks annoyed with his partner. However, the delay is costly – Mysterio dropkicks Show in the lower back, Show falls down over the middle rope, here we go ... 619! MYSTERIO HITS THE 619 TO BIG SHOW! The crowd go wild as Show falls backwards into the ring, Mysterio leaps onto the top rope and springboards off towards Show as he gets up ... SPRINGBOARD LEG DROP! Show’s face is planted into the mat as Mysterio tags in Kofi once more. Kingston leaps into the ring and waits ... and waits ... TROUBLE IN PARADISE CONNECTS! SHOW IS STRUCK BY KOFI’S BOOT! Kofi makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
KOFI KINGSTON & REY MYSTERIO (9:32) via pinfall
The crowd erupt with delight as the referee counts 3 and Kofi and Rey embrace after a hard fought victory there. Show rolls out of the ring as Kofi mocks him and waves whilst Alberto Del Rio, joined by a groggy looking Ricardo Rodriguez, watches on from the stage with a look of anger in his eyes. Mysterio looks out towards him and dares him to come back to the ring and fight, Mysterio wants revenge on Del Rio more than anything it seems. However, Del Rio shakes his head and walks out of the arena leaving Mysterio and Kofi to celebrate their victory – a big victory as we edge closer and closer towards Elimination Chamber, particularly for Kofi Kingston. Grisham and Foley hype up the importance of the win to Kofi as he prepares to face Show in the Chamber and say that the momentum is with the Ghanaian as he approaches the World Championship opportunity in a couple of weeks time. The camera switches backstage once more and again we see Matt Striker as he is ready to interview somebody in the interview pit ...

MATT STRIKER:
Ladies and Gentlemen, my guest at this time ... World Heavyweight Champion ... CM PUNK!

A mixed reaction for Punk as he comes into shot, the World Heavyweight Championship draped over his shoulders. Punk looks conflicted still as he waits for the question ...

MATT STRIKER:
Punk, last week, we saw you in a dilemma about whether or not to pin Christian, a man who you say has earned your respect, on Michael Cole’s orders. Your thoughts?

Punk adjusts the title belt and considers his response for a minute ...

CM PUNK:
You’ve only got to look around the SMACKDOWN locker room at the moment to see people who are having a tough time of it thanks to Michael Cole – Christian, the Hardys, Kofi. They’re all struggling because Michael Cole won’t give them a break, because Michael Cole won’t treat them with respect. Like I said last week, I’m not out here to win popularity contests, I don’t care whether the WWE Universe cheer for me or boo me, I don’t care whether my opponents are bad guys or good guys, all I care about is CM Punk and this right here ... (Punk raises the title aloft) – the World Heavyweight Championship. When I won this two months ago, I vowed that I would fight anybody and I vowed that I would hold this title for an awful long time. When somebody is on a roll and deserves a shot, I wanna’ face them and see what they’re made of. When I faced Christian at the Royal Rumble, I found out what a tough guy he is to beat and I only won that match because he passed out from the Anaconda Vice.

Punk shakes his head a little and considers his words carefully again.

CM PUNK:
There are a lot of people around here in the WWE that don’t like me, hell, there are a lot of people here in the WWE that I don’t like either. They don’t understand me, they don’t agree with my choices, that’s fine, I don’t expect them to. I do expect that people treat others with the respect that they deserve. At the Rumble, Christian earned my respect whereas Michael Cole didn’t. Michael Cole thought that I was just another guy he could mould to do his bidding, just like John Cena. Michael Cole was wrong ... until last week.

Punk looks troubled here ...

CM PUNK:
Last week, the SMACKDOWN G.M. found a way to force me to do his bidding for him. That match last week was unfair, it was a load of crap but Cole ordered the match and there was nothing I could do. I sure as hell wouldn’t wanna’ retain my title because of Michael Cole but I sure as hell don’t wanna’ lose my title because of Michael Cole either. So last week, whether I liked it or not, I had to hit the GTS to Christian, I had to make the pinfall on him and I had to end his dream of competing at the Elimination Chamber for this title.

Punk looks directly at the camera now.

CM PUNK:
Very clever, Michael Cole. Very clever indeed. But let me tell you something, Mr. General Manager. I’m no sheep, I don’t go blindly along with things because they’re easy. I’ve had time to reflect on what I did last week and I’ve come to the conclusion that I could have done things differently. Michael Cole, you believe your own hype, you think you’re the greatest General Manager of all time because of what? Because John Cena won the Rumble? Because you made a match people wanna’ see? That doesn’t make you great, Cole, that makes you somebody who is doing his job. I don’t agree with how you’re doing it but that’s what you’re doing. So, from now on, I will do my job. I can be just as clever as you can, Cole, more so in fact, I know how I can out-smart you. I won’t be taking the easy options no more – because I’m the World Champion. I’m just doing my job.

Punk turns to walk away but he stops short – the camera pulls back to reveal Christian stood facing him. The World Champion nods his head slightly to Christian who steps up to the microphone himself as Striker holds it ...

CHRISTIAN:
Just for the record, Punk, I don’t blame you for what you did last week. Like you say, you’ve gotta’ do what you’ve gotta’ do. I appreciate your words but let me tell you this. Tonight, I face Cena one on one and I will get the win I need to head to the Elimination Chamber. And when I get there, I am going to beat you and take your World Championship. I just thought you’d better know that.

Punk and Christian lock eyes but Christian then offers his hand out to Punk. Punk hesitates for a moment and then shakes it – respect, indeed.

CM PUNK:
You believe that if you want to, Christian. I hope you do beat Cena tonight, I wanna’ prove to the world that I CAN beat you. I got a feeling you will win tonight ... Good luck.

Punk turns and walks away as the camera focuses on Christian as he watches the World Champion as he leaves before SMACKDOWN heads into another commercial break ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns from the commercial with Tony Chimel in the ring, he announces that the next match is an Elimination Chamber qualifying match for an opportunity to earn a spot in the World Championship match. There are loud cheers around the Wells Fargo Arena as the WWE Universe prepare for one of the big matches of the night that Michael Cole announced earlier ...

*** LIVE FOR THE MOMENT ***

*** MATT HARDY ***

The first of the two Hardy brothers heads out and it is the older brother, Matt. The crowd give him a huge cheer as he comes out and salutes the fans with his V1 symbol before he heads for the ring looking pumped up and determined. As he approaches the ring, Hardy slaps hands with members of the WWE Universe before he slides under the bottom rope and jumps up in the corner to salute the fans some more. Grisham and Foley discuss the heartache that Matt went through during his time on SMACKDOWN over the past few months when he was chasing the World Championship and getting further and further away. Foley praises Matt’s brother Jeff for making him realise that this wasn’t just about the World Championship and says that Matt now seems happy again as he prepares for this match. The arena goes quiet before the arrival of Matt’s opponent begins ...

*** NO MORE WORDS ***

*** JEFF HARDY ***

Here comes the younger Hardy, the controversial Jeff Hardy. Jeff dances around on the stage as the lights flash purple and white before he makes his way towards the ring at a run. He slides into the ring as well and jumps straight up on the ropes and salutes the fans with a Hardy pose before jumping down and facing his brother – Foley says that Jeff has had the top championships in the WWE and knows how it feels – unlike his brother. Grisham suggests that Jeff has the know-how more than Matt and that he could be the bigger danger to CM Punk’s title at Elimination Chamber ... The two brothers touch hands to show their friendship and respect before the referee rings the bell and this match can get underway ...

Quote:
SINGLES MATCH – ELIMINATION CHAMBER QUALIFIER
JEFF HARDY vs. MATT HARDY

The two brothers circle each other in the early going as they look tentative about fighting each other. Eventually, the pair of them lock up in a high elbow tie up and they grapple, both trying to get the upper hand, but it comes to nothing and they end up releasing each other. This follows twice more with no results before Matt suddenly rounds Jeff and looks to surprise him with a leg takedown; however, Jeff counters this and rolls it through into a surprise early roll up ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** MATT SPRINGS OUT! **

As the pair of them get back up, Jeff winks at Matt and the pair of them resume their early exchanges as they look to get on top. Matt finally does manage to take Jeff down but this just leads to a series of pinning predicaments with both men reversing them easily until the pair of them release and get to their feet. Jeff takes the chance to hit a low drop kick to the chest of Matt, the first real move of any note, and then he goes on the attack with Matt a little shocked from it. Jeff hits a snap suplex to Matt and then comes off the ropes to hit a double leg drop over the chest of his brother before he makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** MATT KICKS OUT! **

As the pair of them get up, Matt is quicker and he takes his chance to hit a quick DDT to Jeff before he considers his next move. Matt speeds off into the ropes and comes off them just in time to catch Jeff with a running forearm before he drops down to make a cover of his own, he hooks the leg of his brother ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** JEFF KICKS OUT! **

Matt locks the leg scissors in around the waist of Jeff and he twists to keep Jeff down on the mat in the hold. The referee is asking Jeff if he wants to give up but there is no chance of that and Jeff, still fresh, manages to prise Matt’s legs away from his waist and then shoves him away before jumping up and coming off the ropes looking for another drop kick to Matt who is down low. However, Matt manages to avoid the contact and Jeff ends up crashing down to the mat near the ropes. As he looks to get up, he uses the ropes to pull himself up and Matt, noticing a chance, hits a high knee to back of his brother that sends him toppling between the ropes and down to the outside with a thud. The referee tells Matt to step back and he begins the countout on Jeff who gets back to his feet on the outside and looks up to Matt with his arms spread as if he is asking Matt why he did that. Matt looks amazed that Jeff is making an issue of this and stands his ground as a more fired up Jeff returns to the ring and he shoves Matt hard in the chest. Matt looks a little shocked but he shoves Jeff back hard in the chest and actually succeeds in sending Jeff down to one knee. The crowd become more excited now as the two brothers are starting to feel it more and they stand close to each other whilst talking a little trash. Jeff again shoves Matt who responds with a right hand and the match is now finally going to get going! The two brothers trade blows and it gets a little messy but the increase in aggression has made this match far more entertaining now. It is Matt who gets the upper hand from the flurry of rights as he manages to force Jeff back and the whips him to the corner of the ring. He rushes over for a clothesline but Jeff ducks it and Matt collides with the buckles before Jeff hits a dropkick that sends Matt tumbling through the ropes as well. The crowd are on their feet now as they try to pick which of their favourites they will cheer for here, Matt staggers up on the outside as Jeff comes balancing on the top of the barricades around the corner of the ring ... Clothesline from Jeff to his brother Matt who goes down hard on the outside now. The referee comes out and orders Jeff to get back into the ring whilst Matt recovers ...

When both men return to the ring, you can see that both now desperately want to win this one – not for the right to challenge for the title but because they want to get one over on the other. The match swings both ways as Matt and Jeff both have periods where they take over control of the contest but then a counter or a reversal follows and the control changes once more. The match is even until Jeff hits the first big move and counters Matt’s whip to the corner with the Whisper in the Wind that sends Matt down hard to the mat. Jeff makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** MATT KICKS OUT! **

Jeff grabs Matt by the hair now and drags him up, the brotherly love between these two is out of the window, before he strikes him with right forearms to the face in the corner. This time, Jeff whips Matt into the corner before following up with an attempted clothesline – Matt avoids it and Jeff eats the buckles, Matt hits a clothesline on Jeff in the corner instead before hitting a big time Bulldog that drives Jeff down into the canvas. Matt is rallying here and he is clearly feeling it – fired up, ready to explode – as he waits for Jeff to get to his feet. Here he comes ... SIDE EFFECT! MATT HITS JEFF WITH THE SIDE EFFECT! It’s over now! Matt hooks the leg ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** NOOOO! JEFF KICKS OUT! **

Matt holds his head in his hands as he kneels at the side of his brother and he wonders about what he is going to need to do to defeat him. Jeff rolls away, wincing a little in pain, as Matt gets to his feet and waits again ... Is Matt preparing for the Twist of Fate? Jeff gets to a knee as Matt continues to stalk him and goes for it, he locks Jeff in a headlock and signals for the Twist of Fate but Jeff shoves him away at the last moment instead ... Springboard clothesline from Jeff Hardy! Matt lands sat in the corner of the ring and Jeff sees his chance here. He uses the ropes for momentum and crashes his feet into the chest of Matt as he is sat in the corner causing his brother to cry out in anguish and roll out of the corner clutching his shoulder. Jeff spots his chance now and he quickly ascends the ropes and stands looking down on Matt who is rolling on the mat ... SWANTON BOMB! MATT ROLLS OUT OF THE WAY AT THE LAST SECOND! Jeff collides hard with the mat and he has hurt himself there as he clutches his back and rolls in pain but what resourcefulness from Matt as he avoids the finishing move of his younger sibling. Matt steps back and waits for Jeff to get up ... TWIST OF FATE! MATT HARDY HITS THE TWIST OF FATE! Matt makes the cover and hooks the leg of Jeff ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

The crowd erupt but then the referee notices something ... No! Jeff had his foot on the rope! The referee waves off the pinfall and Matt looks on in disbelief! He can’t believe it and complains to the referee as Grisham and Foley introduce a replay of it on TV – yes, it’s right, Jeff got his foot on the bottom rope at 2 and a half. Matt cannot believe this but he is forced to accept that the match isn’t over as he surveys the situation. Jeff is pulling himself up in the corner and the look of anger on Matt’s face is worrying as he heads over towards him. As Jeff gets to his feet in the corner, Matt stands up on the ropes and mounts him before delivering right hands to the face of Jeff. Some of the crowd are booing here but Jeff responds by grabbing Matt’s legs and trying to carry him from the corner. Matt grabs the turnbuckle and holds himself there, he clearly prefers being in the ascendency here and doesn’t want to be slammed down by Jeff. As Jeff tries to drag Matt and himself across the ring, Matt stubbornly holds onto the top turnbuckle until ... it suddenly rips off and both Hardys fall messily to the mat. Matt angrily throws the turnbuckle pad down and goes to strike Matt again, Jeff counters with a Mule Kick that staggers Matt backwards ... BAM! Matt’s head collides with the exposed steel turnbuckle, totally accidental on Jeff’s part who was unaware the pad had even been removed. As Jeff recovers, Matt slumps in the corner clutching the back of his head in pain from hitting the steel. As Jeff comes around, still none the wiser about Matt’s ‘headache’ he prepares to fly across the ring. As Matt gets groggily to his feet in the corner, Jeff hits a flying clothesline that staggers Matt some more as he comes out of the corner. Jeff positions his head under Matt’s jaw ... Jawbreaker! Matt slumps to the mat in pain here, his jaw and the back of his head troubling him. With Matt grounded, Jeff seizes his chance and quickly goes to the top rope once more ... SWANTON BOMB! JEFF HITS THE SWANTON BOMB! Is it over now? Jeff makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
JEFF HARDY (8:48) via pinfall
Controversy here as Jeff celebrates the win in the corner with his fans cheering for him – Foley calls it immediately and says that Matt’s foot was on the ropes as well. Replays show this is true as Matt complains to the referee but the referee refuses to change his mind and he holds up Jeff’s hand to signal that he is the winner and he is the man heading for Elimination Chamber. Jeff looks at his older brother with a smile and offers a handshake that Matt, feeling bitter right now, shakes his head to and he exits the ring instead. Matt continues to berate the official and begs him to look at a replay but he isn’t going to – the result stands. Jeff salutes the fans in the ring as Foley and Grisham discuss his chances in the World Championship match in two weeks time – can Jeff Hardy win the World Championship? Just as Foley is suggesting why Jeff, seen celebrating on screen, is a danger ... BAM! STEEL CHAIR SHOT TO THE BACK OF JEFF HARDY!

The camera zooms out and reveals Matt Hardy is back in the ring and clutching the steel chair that just connected with his brother with a look of complete conflicting emotion on his face. As he stands looking down on Jeff, Matt throws the chair down and drops to his knees beside him. Matt is now checking on his brother! What is going on here with Matt? Matt looks appalled at what he has just done but then stands up with his head in his hands. Matt’s face changes back to anger and he looks down on his brother again with a look of justification. His brain twisted here, Matt decides to exit the ring and leave and he heads up the ramp shaking his head to himself. At the top of the ramp, Matt looks back and peers into the ring at his brother who is clutching his back in pain ... What was Matt Hardy thinking there?

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with a replay of the ending of the match before the break as Jeff Hardy controversially defeated his brother Matt and claimed one of the remaining spots in the SMACKDOWN Elimination Chamber match for the World Championship in two weeks time. We then see the chair shot from Matt and the conflicted emotion he showed afterwards – anger at Jeff and the referee over the result, remorse for Jeff as he realised what he’d done to his little brother. As the replay ends, Jeff is shown being helped backstage by the doctors before the camera switches to Matt in the locker room who is hastily packing his bag – he looks as if he is leaving SMACKDOWN for the night. As Matt turns to leave though, Michael Cole, the SMACKDOWN General Manager walks in. He is smiling and he holds his hand up to tell Matt to stop.

MICHAEL COLE:
Well, well, well, Matt. Who would have thought you were capable of that?

Hardy looks unimpressed with Cole’s words and he shakes his head at the General Manager rather than dignify him with a response. Cole laughs at him.

MICHAEL COLE:
Let’s be honest here, Matt, you and I don’t get on. I appreciate that. You don’t like me, I don’t particularly like you. However ...

Matt looks at Cole threateningly and causes him to pause ...

MICHAEL COLE:
... However, Matt, I was impressed with what I just saw. For the last five years, you have been treading water here in the WWE and doing nothing. You’ve been missing that fire in your belly that you need to be a success. Tonight, just then, I saw it.

MATT HARDY:
That out there, Cole, was a mistake ...

MICHAEL COLE:
That out there, Matt, was a true way forward for you. That’s a Matt Hardy that I can get behind. That’s a Matt Hardy that impresses me. I’m the man in charge of Friday Night SMACKDOWN, you need me onside, Matt. Think about it.

Cole pats Matt on the shoulder and then heads out of the locker room leaving Matt to ponder the words of the SMACKDOWN General Manager before the camera switches back to the ring where Tony Chimel announces that the following match is for the Tag Team Championships!

*** BOURNE TO WIN ***

*** EVAN BOURNE & MARK HENRY ***

The challengers for the Tag Team Championship head out into the arena to a good reception from the Iowa crowd who are completely behind them in their quest to win the Tag Team Titles tonight. Bourne salutes the crowd and runs down to the ring as Henry, the powerhouse of the team, menacingly makes his way to the ring, a look of focus on his face. In the ring, Henry salutes the crowd with a wave as Bourne jumps up on the ropes to do so as Grisham and Foley speculate over how much of a challenge Bourne and Henry will provide for the Empire tonight ...

*** RULE BRITANNIA ***

*** MASON RYAN & WILLIAM REGAL – THE BRITISH EMPIRE ***
(w/Finlay) | Tag Team Champions

With Finlay waving the Union Jack and leading them out, Ryan and Regal head out dressed in red, white and blue trunks and with the Tag Team Championship belts strapped around their waists. Regal is also wearing a overcoat that shows his class as they head for the ring – Regal is waving and taunting the crowd but Ryan looks focused as Henry did moments ago. The three of them head up the ring steps into the ring where Finlay waves the Union Jack to a chorus of boos and jeers whilst the referee takes the title belts away from the champions. Finlay makes his way out of the ring and Foley stresses his hope that Finlay stays out of this one; Grisham doubts there is any chance of that one as Finlay is shown placing the flag and his shillelagh down on the top of the steps. It looks as if Regal and Henry will be starting the match as the referee holds up the Tag belts and then signals for the bell to start this championship match ...

Quote:
TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
MASON RYAN & WILLIAM REGAL (c) (w/Finlay) vs. EVAN BOURNE & MARK HENRY

The match starts out well for the challengers as Regal’s technical wrestling fails to take Henry out of the game and he responds with a huge belly to belly suplex that nearly drives the Englishman through the mat. Henry looks to be dominating from this point as he drags Regal around the ring and hits a number of big moves – the Military Press Drop being the one that leaves Regal in danger in the middle of the ring. Henry goes for a cover but Regal manages to wriggle clear instead and he heads for the corner where he tags in Mason Ryan. Ryan comes in and faces Henry and there is a buzz around the arena as the two big men stare each other out. It is Ryan that breaks the staredown as he tries to catch Henry off guard with a right hand but Henry is unfazed and responds with a forearm to the face of his own before he mows into Ryan with a shoulder to the chest that knocks Ryan off his feet, no mean feat. Angered, Ryan rushes at Henry for a clothesline attempt but Henry scoops him off his feet and hits a huge Side Slam that crashes Ryan down to the mat as well. Cover from Henry on Ryan ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** RYAN KICKS OUT! **

Stunned, Ryan staggers back and Henry’s attention is drawn elsewhere – Finlay is taunting him from the apron where he has just jumped up. As the referee demands Finlay get down, Mason Ryan takes advantage with a poke to the eye of Henry before he follows up with a clothesline that rocks the big man. Henry tags in Bourne as he clutches his face and he leaps up onto the top rope quickly, springboards towards Ryan and looks for a Hurricanrana takedown. However, Ryan is too strong and he catches Bourne coming and he drops him onto the top turnbuckle face first before mowing him down with a clothesline. Dragging Bourne to the corner of the ring where Regal is stood, he immediately goes to work punishing Bourne as the champions now look to cut the ring in half and keep Bourne over on their side of the ring. Frequent tags between Ryan and Regal keep Bourne down and when Regal signals that it is time for the Regal Stretch, things seem bleak for Evan. However, Bourne is nothing if not resilient and he manages to get to the ropes and fight his way to breaking the hold before he manages to hit a series of kicks to Regal to create some space. He springboards off the ropes and hits a dropkick to Mason Ryan as he watches on that knocks him down to the mat and then he makes his way over towards Mark Henry, can he make the tag? Yes he can! However, the referee hasn’t seen it as he was dealing with Finlay who was on the mat – when the ref turns around, he orders Henry back out of the ring. Henry argues and this gives Regal time to drag Bourne out of their corner and he hits him with a suplex before tagging in an angry Mason Ryan. Into the ring comes the Welshman and he immediately sets Bourne up for a Powerbomb to finish the match right here ... Up goes Bourne who then manages to come around and he counters into a Hurricanrana that drives Ryan down into the mat. Bourne makes the tag to Henry!

Henry comes in and barges through Ryan as he gets to his feet before he squashes Regal in the corner as well! Ryan tries to run at him but Henry catches him coming and scoops him up ... WORLD’S STRONGEST SLAM! HENRY SLAMS RYAN DOWN TO THE MAT! Are the titles about to change hands here? Regal makes a distraction but Henry again shoves him through the ropes before he makes the pinfall on Ryan ... New Tag Team Champions?

** 1 **
** 2 **
** RYAN BARELY KICKS OUT! **

The delay caused by Regal saves the titles for the Empire – for now! Henry looks unfussed though and he looks down on Ryan and he smirks before hitting the ropes ... BIG SPLASH! HENRY SQUASHES RYAN AGAIN! Henry makes the tag to Evan Bourne and the crowd get to their feet now in excitement ... Bourne climbs the ropes and surveys the position of Mason Ryan who is down and out and in place ... Bourne springs off the top rope ... 450 SPLASH! Nooooo! At the last moment, Regal drags Ryan out of the way and makes the save, Bourne eats the mat! The referee ushers Regal away as Henry starts to come into the ring, the referee isn’t watching ... BAM! Flagpole shot to the back of Henry as he tries to get into the ring, he slumps down on the ring apron and then falls to the floor as the jeers ring out around the arena. Ryan is up before Bourne ... POWERBOMB! MASON RYAN WITH THE POWERBOMB ON BOURNE! It’s over! Ryan makes the cover but it is surely academic ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
MASON RYAN & WILLIAM REGAL (5:06) via pinfall
Another controversial Tag Team Championship defence for the champions who defeat Bourne and Henry with a little outside help from Finlay, the crowd are not happy but that doesn’t worry the Tag Team Champions. They taunt the crowd as Bourne and Henry stagger away and Regal grabs the Union Jack and waves it in the air. He is delighted to have retained the titles, that is clear, he hands the flag back to Finlay and demands a microphone.

WILLIAM REGAL:
That is why we are the most dominant tag team in the WWE, that is why we are the most dominant Tag Team Champions of all time!

Heat for Regal as he tries to claim that they dominated that match when they were, in actuality, lucky to retain and thankful to outside help from Finlay!

WILLIAM REGAL:
We beat Ryder and Hawkins so badly that they’ve split up, we’ve now beaten Bourne and Henry once more, we’re the Tag Team Champions that you should be proud of. Stand up! Stand up, Iowa! Show some respect for the Tag Team Champions ...

Huge heat now as Regal’s demands are not followed by the crowd who prefer to boo and jeer them instead ...

WILLIAM REGAL:
There isn’t any other team in the WWE that can compete with the British Empire! We will be Tag Team Champions forever! You’d better all start giving us the respect that ...

*** BRINGIN’ DA HOOD T U ***

*** CRYME TYME ***

Huge cheers from the WWE Universe as Cryme Tyme head out onto the stage – Grisham immediately reminds us that at the Royal Rumble, somebody took out these two men and prevented them from appearing in the Tag Team Turmoil match where the British Empire won the Tag Team Championships. Foley laughs at the word ‘somebody’ before declaring that it was obviously the Empire who did it. JTG and Shad bound around on stage and then they stand at the top of the ramp and stare down to the Empire who are stood in the ring looking at them shocked. Their music fades though and silence falls for a second before ...

*** NEW FOUNDATION ***

*** HART DYNASTY ***
(w/Natalya)

With pink lights flashing around the arena, out come David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd to a huge reception and they also stand at the top of the ramp with Cryme Tyme looking down at the ring where the Empire are stood. It seems that Regal’s comments have annoyed two tag teams here in the WWE – Grisham also reminds us that at the Rumble, the Empire attacked the Dynasty when Regal and Ryan distracted the referee during their entrance – and Finlay snuck in and attacked both Harts with the Union Jack leaving Kidd as easy pickings for Regal when he entered the ring. The Hart Dynasty and Cryme Tyme look to each other and then they all start rushing down the ramp towards the ring towards the Empire. Fearing the worst, Regal, Ryan and Finlay take their title belts and their flags and they exit the ring and clamber over the barricades as JTG, Shad, Kidd and Hart Smith enter the ring and chase them down. The Empire are on the run and it is clear that there are two teams here who are desperate for the chance to shut them up once and for all ...

The cameras switch from the Harts and Cryme Tyme in the ring and they head to Matt Striker in the interview pit.

MATT STRIKER:
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome ... CURT HAWKINS!

Hawkins comes into view as Striker holds the microphone ...

MATT STRIKER:
Curt, last week on SMACKDOWN, you were involved in a match with your former Tag Team partner, Zack Ryder ...

A replay comes on showing the arrival of Jack Swagger during the match to attack Ryder and seemingly side with Hawkins rather than Hawkins face Ryder one on one in a fair contest ...

MATT STRIKER:
My question to you, Curt, why didn’t you fight Zack one on one?

Hawkins looks annoyed with Striker’s question and he grabs the microphone from him and shoves him aside. He turns to the camera to address the WWE Universe ...

CURT HAWKINS:
Striker, shut your mouth before I shut it for you. Let me tell you something, I don’t mind facing Zack Ryder one on one, I know I would beat him. But you see, I wanted to make a statement. For weeks now, I have been growing sick and tired of being overlooked here in the WWE. Even when I was a Tag Team Champion, I was overlooked, it’s ridiculous. Ryder and I came back into the WWE, we took the Tag Team Championships away from those idiots Santino and Kozlov and then Zack changed. He began to worry about what you guys thought. He began to worry about entertaining all of you rather than what was important – our Tag Team Championships.

Hawkins shakes his head as he remembers ...

CURT HAWKINS:
So we got to the Rumble and everybody was asking “Will Hawkins and Ryder hold on to their titles?” when the truth was, the question they should have been asking was ... “When will Zack Ryder screw up and cost Curt Hawkins the Tag Team titles?”

Boos around the arena for Hawkins’ comments ...

CURT HAWKINS:
Deep down, I went out to the ring at the Royal Rumble and I knew we weren’t going to win. I knew that screw-up Ryder would mess things up and I knew we’d be losing the titles. And what do you know? We did lose those titles and we failed to regain them on NXT. So I started looking around. I wanted a new partner, I wanted somebody the complete opposite of Ryder, somebody I could trust to care only about winning. And I found that man ... Come on, man.

Into the shot walks the All American American Jack Swagger who is smirking as he comes into shot ...

JACK SWAGGER:
For months now, I have been under-used here in the WWE and it is time for all of that to end. All of you people should recall that less than a year ago I was the All American American World Heavyweight Champion, the greatest World Champion of all time. It is time for Jack Swagger to head back to the top of SMACKDOWN, to the top of the WWE. I’m going to start by joining with Curt Hawkins who has the same philosophy as me. I will not change my style for all of you, I am not interested in entertaining all of you, I am only interested in ... winning.

Swagger looks to Hawkins who nods his head in agreement and claps his new partner on the back ...

JACK SWAGGER:
Zack Ryder is an idiot, he is a guy that will pander to all of you, he wants you to watch his silly little YouTube show, he wants you be his ‘Broski’ and he wants to entertain you? I don’t see it that way, Ryder, I see it that it is time for Jack Swagger ... and my new partner, Curt Hawkins ... to clean up SMACKDOWN and the WWE of people like you. And I will start that clean up right here ... tonight!

Boos for Swagger as he tosses the microphone aside and then laughs with Hawkins as they exit the interview area and the camera returns to the ring. The crowd pops as the music of the afore mentioned Ryder begins ...

*** RADIO ***

*** ZACK RYDER ***

It seems that Ryder’s popularity with the WWE Universe is growing and he heads to the ring with a smile on his face as he greets the fans in the rampway. However, it is clear that Ryder is still annoyed over last week’s events when he gets into the ring and points backstage to show that he can’t wait to get Hawkins or Swagger out here tonight and teach them a lesson.

*** GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES ***

*** JACK SWAGGER ***
(w/Curt Hawkins)

Hawkins is accompanying the All American American as he makes his way out into the arena and completes some push ups on the stage before heading for the ring with a determined look on his face. Grisham and Foley discuss Swagger’s reasons for joining forces with Hawkins and Foley suggests that Swagger should be concentrating on himself rather than finding a like-minded individual to support him. However, Swagger heads to the ring with Hawkins and they clearly won’t care about Mick Foley’s opinion as they enter the ring. Ryder warily looks over to the two of them; he knows that he needs to be careful whilst it is two against one. The referee orders Curt Hawkins out of the ring and then signals for the bell and the start of the match. Grisham hypes up the match and questions whether or not Ryder can get some revenge when SMACKDOWN returns from the commercial break ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

Quote:
SINGLES MATCH
JACK SWAGGER (w/Curt Hawkins) vs. ZACK RYDER

SMACKDOWN returns partway into the match and we see that Swagger is in control here as he has Ryder under his control. Swagger is taunting Ryder and is slapping him around the head as he steps away from him, Ryder is struggling. Grisham throws to a replay where we see that during the break, Swagger avoided the Broski Boot and then rammed Ryder shoulder first into the ring post. As the replay disappears, we see Ryder is favouring his left shoulder and is really struggling with it. Swagger drags Ryder to his feet and he twists the injured arm around and we see some anguish on the face of Ryder but he tries to fight back with kicks to the quads of Swagger. The All American releases Ryder who continues to fight back with right hands before hitting the ropes to attack Swagger some more ... Swagger catches him though and hits a Tilt-a-whirl slam that crashes Ryder down to the mat hard. Swagger makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** RYDER KICKS OUT! **

Swagger gets to his knees and locks in an Armbar on Ryder’s hurt arm as he tries to wear him down in the centre of the ring. Ryder is desperate to get to his feet or to the ropes but Swagger is using his considerable power advantage to keep the leverage over Ryder and keep him down on the mat struggling. Hawkins taunts Ryder from the outside of the ring and says out loud “Is this entertaining enough for you, Zack?” before laughing. However, this seems to inspire Ryder a little and he begins to force himself up whilst a chant begins in the arena of ‘Let’s go, Ryder!’ that also fires him up some more. Ryder reaches his feet and forces Swagger back to the corner before Swagger counters by whipping him across the ring to the opposite corner. As Swagger rushes over, Ryder jumps up and gets his knees into the face of Swagger to knock him back to the delight of the crowd. A flying forearm follows from Zack and he manages to create a gap between him and his opponent before catching Swagger as he comes flying towards him again with a flapjack that crashes the All American down into the mat face first. Swagger rolls to the corner and sits against the bottom buckle, perfect set up ... BROSKI BOOT! Ryder hits a stiff boot to the face of Swagger and makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** SWAGGER KICKS OUT! **

Ryder is disappointed but he is on a roll now. The crowd are right behind him and Swagger is slowly getting up as Ryder moves back waiting ... Ryder runs over towards Swagger and looks to hit the Rough Ryder but he fails as Swagger swats him away. Still stunned, Swagger turns back towards Ryder again but a drop kick from Ryder sends him down again. Zack goes to get Swagger once more but this time he is distracted by his former partner, Hawkins. Zack and Hawkins have a war of words and it proves enough as Swagger rolls Ryder over and has him in place ... ANKLE LOCK! SWAGGER APPLIES THE ANKLE LOCK TO RYDER! Zack yells in pain before desperately trying to reach the bottom rope. The crowd urge him on as Hawkins taunts him from the outside, Ryder stretches and pulls and inches towards the ropes ... However, he just can’t stand it no longer and with half a metre still left to go ...

** TAP **
** TAP **
** TAP **

WINNER:
JACK SWAGGER (6:43) via submission
Boos echo around the arena as Hawkins leaps into the ring and raises Swagger’s arm in victory. Ryder is down in the corner clutching his ankle whilst Swagger celebrates. Curt can’t resist though and he flies over at Zack and begins pounding away at him. Right hands rain down on the head of Ryder who is completely loopy and then Hawkins drags him over and feed him to Swagger again ... Jack is only too willing to lock on the Ankle Lock once more despite the protestations of the referee and he wrenches Ryder’s ankle in the hold as Zack yelps in pain. Hawkins is enjoying this but the crowd are booing. Eventually, the referee threatens Swagger with a reversal of the decision and he releases Ryder – nothing is more important than winning! Ryder is down on the mat in pain and Hawkins spots his chance ... He heads for the top rope ... HEAT SEEKING ELBOW FROM HAWKINS TO RYDER! Boos erupt again around the arena as Swagger and Hawkins head through the ropes with a smirk on their faces, Ryder is beaten down and helpless in the ring.

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with a replay of the confrontation earlier tonight between Christian and Michael Cole in the ring where we see Christian letting everybody know that he is entitled to a one on one Elimination Chamber qualifying match and Michael Cole slapping him across the face before announcing that his opponent will be John Cena ...

*** MY TIME IS NOW ***

*** JOHN CENA ***
(w/Michael Cole)

Huge boos around the arena as John Cena heads out onto the stage and he stands at the top of the ramp with a smirk on his face at all the hate he is receiving. Cena waves his hand in front of his face as he tells the Iowa crowd that they “can’t see” him before he beckons back to the backstage entrance and out walks the SMACKDOWN General Manager. If possible, there is even more heat for Cole who is despised by the WWE Universe and he shakes Cena’s hand and follows him towards the ring. Cena jumps into the ring whilst Cole makes his way around it and joins Todd Grisham and Mick Foley at the announce table, obviously Cole is ready to call the end of Christian’s time here on SMACKDOWN ...

MICHAEL COLE:
You gentlemen don’t mind if I join you, do you?

TODD GRISHAM:
Course not, welc ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Shut up, Grisham. I’m the General Manager around here, if I want to come out here and announce a match, I will do. Just remember that I am still the greatest announcer in WWE history even if I am busy with other things nowadays. How are you doing, Mick?

Foley raises his eyebrows at Cole on camera and doesn’t respond. Cole shrugs his shoulders ...

MICHAEL COLE:
An announcer that refuses to speak? OK then, maybe that is something I should consider in your next job evaluation!

In the ring, Cena is taunting the crowd and getting prepared for this match, a huge match tonight for Christian as he looks to secure a place not only in the Elimination Chamber but also in the SMACKDOWN locker room!

MICHAEL COLE:
What a night it has been so far, Jeff Hardy has earned his place in the SMACKDOWN Elimination Chamber match, Matt Hardy has finally woken up and done something entertaining, the Empire have defended their Tag Team Championships, that goofball Ryder has been taken out, we’ve still got the Buried Alive match to come and right now it is time for Christian to lose his job here on SMACKDOWN!

MICK FOLEY:
You know, Cole, I wouldn’t count your chickens just yet. Christian is one tough ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Did I give you permission to speak to me, Foley? Just remember – I’m your boss.

*** JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES ***

*** CHRISTIAN ***

MICHAEL COLE:
Did you see the look on Christian’s face when I slapped him earlier? Boy, that felt good!

Out comes Christian with a look of determination in his eyes, he heads for the ring knowing that this could be the most important match of his WWE career so far. On one hand, he could be taking a significant step towards the World Championship, on the other hand, he could be taking his final step out of the SMACKDOWN door ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Here is a man that tonight, when he loses to John Cena, will be leaving SMACKDOWN for good. Maybe I should give him Shawn Michaels’ number as he leaves? I hear RAW can always use another loser!

Christian steps into the ring and he stares down at Cole on the announce table, he clearly wants to head out there and take revenge on Cole for slapping him earlier tonight. However, he knows he has to focus on his match, his chance to beat Cena and head for the Elimination Chamber in two weeks time for a shot at the World Championship.

MICHAEL COLE:
That’s right, Christian, you stay up there where you’re safe. You don’t want none of Michael Cole!

Foley snorts as he laughs and this causes Cole to angrily turn to face him ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Is something wrong, Foley? Like I told you earlier, I am your boss now and I can fire you along with this no good loser in the ring if you would like?

The referee checks on Cena and Christian before he heads over towards the timekeeper, he is ready to signal for the bell to ring when all of a sudden ...

*** THIS FIRE BURNS ***

*** CM PUNK ***
World Heavyweight Champion

MICHAEL COLE:
What the hell is he doing here?

A mixed reaction for Punk again, it seems that many people are cheering him after his recent defence of Christian and his right to be in the Elimination Chamber match. Punk has the World Championship strapped around his waist and both Cena and Christian look surprised to see him as he struts down the ramp towards the ring. He reaches the foot of the ramp and pauses as he looks up at both Cena and Christian before heading around the ring and also joining the announce table for this match!

MICHAEL COLE:
Punk, I have not given you permission to be out here!

CM PUNK:
Hello there, Michael Cole. How are you doing, sir?

Cole blusters for a moment and looks angrily at his World Champion.

MICHAEL COLE:
You do realise that I ...

CM PUNK:
SMACKDOWN General Manager, yadda yadda, your boss, yadda yadda. Change the record, Cole, I know damn well who you are. But you seem to be forgetting who I am. (Punk holds up the title belt) I’m YOUR World Champion, Cole, that means that I can go where I want, when I want. Now shall we get on with watching this match?

Foley nods his head to Punk and the referee appears to agree as well as he signals for the bell so that the match can begin ...

Quote:
SINGLES MATCH – ELIMINATION CHAMBER QUALIFIER (If Christian wins, he qualifies. If Christian loses, he is fired)
CHRISTIAN vs. JOHN CENA

As the match begins, the WWE Universe break out the chant of ‘Let’s go, Christian! Cena sucks!’ as Cena and Christian circle each other. Michael Cole applauds Cena and gives him encouragement from the announce table, he clearly trusts Cena to get the job done tonight and ensure that Christian is fired from SMACKDOWN later tonight. The two men in the ring tie up and Cena displays his undoubted power as he shoves Christian over to huge boos from the crowd. Cena smirks at them and beckons to Christian to get back up and fight. Christian does exactly that and the pair of them grapple once more, this time Christian spins round the back of Cena, arms around his waist, German Suplex from Christian! Cena’s shoulders are down ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** CENA KICKS OUT! **

First move goes to Christian but Cena isn’t happy over that and he rushes Christian immediately after and hits him with a clothesline that knocks Christian down to the mat. The Canadian gets up quickly but Cena takes control here as he hits an Atomic Drop and follows it up with another clothesline before making his first cover of the match ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** CHRISTIAN KICKS OUT! **

With the match heading under the control of Cena, Michael Cole begins to get mouthy again on commentary ...

MICHAEL COLE:
Christian has no chance here tonight, Punk. He’s in the ring with the man who won the 2011 Royal Rumble, he’s in the ring with the man who I believe will go to WrestleMania 27 and beat the World Champion, whoever that may be, he is the greatest WWE superstar to ever set foot here on SMACKDOWN, end of discussion.

CM PUNK:
You really believe that, Cole? Wow, you’re even more stupid than I thought you were.

Back in the ring, Cena is now dominating Christian as he hits a Belly to Belly suplex that crashes Christian down to the mat – Cena is controlling this and Christian appears, with the stakes so high, to be freezing. Cena lifts himself up onto the middle rope and he surveys Christian for a moment before leaping off and connecting with a punch to the face of the Canadian before he makes another cover and hooks the leg ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** CHRISTIAN POPS A SHOULDER OUT! **

Cena is beginning to get a little over confident here though and it shows when he delays by mocking the crowd only to then fail when he goes for a Bulldog moments later. As he comes off the ropes, Christian looks dazed but as Cena goes for the Bulldog, Christian is able to avoid it and he grabs Cena and tosses him over the top rope causing Foley to suggest that it is a pity Christian didn’t do that two weeks ago to eliminate Cena from the Royal Rumble and spare them all the build up to Cena going to WrestleMania 27. With Cena down outside the ring and Cole looking hesitant for the first time tonight, Christian heads out and goes to ram Cena into the ring steps, however, Cena reverses it and it is Christian that crashes into them instead. Big mistake from Christian there as SMACKDOWN heads into a commercial break once more ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

As SMACKDOWN returns, Grisham brings us up to date with Cena and Christian back in the ring. A replay of Cena attempting to hit the FU to Christian on the outside of the ring is shown but Christian countered by wriggling clear and running Cena head first into the ring post instead and we have now got Christian on the offensive in the ring. Christian whips Cena to the ropes and as he comes back, Flapjack! Cena’s head bounces off the canvas and the man fighting for a chance to go to the Elimination Chamber looks over to Cole.

MICHAEL COLE:
The fact of the matter is this – Christian has only minutes left of his career here on SMACKDOWN. If I were him, I wouldn’t be in the ring fighting a losing battle for a chance at the World Championship. I’d be out here on my knees in front of the General Manager begging for my job.

CM PUNK:
The ‘Michael Cole Kiss-my-ass’ club? Original.

Christian continues on the attack against Cena, he catches Cena with an inverted DDT as he misses with an elbow strike, Christian hooks the leg and makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** CENA KICKS OUT TO THE RELIEF OF COLE! **

As both men get to their feet, Christian is quicker and he springboards off the ropes into a dropkick that knocks Cena back down to the mat. Quick as he can, Christian climbs the ropes and dives off into a Crossbody. However, Cena manages to catch him and displays great strength as he readjusts Christian in his arms and then drops him in a Sidewalk Slam that crushes Christian down to the mat instead. Cover from Cena this time and he decides to put his feet up on the ropes for extra leverage here as well ...

** 1 **
** 2 **

The crowd saw Cena using the ropes and they jeer him for it but the Royal Rumble winner isn’t bothered by that. Cena ducks under a clothesline from Christian and then hits his patented shoulder blocks ... one, two, three of them as the crowd rise to their feet and boo Cena’s actions. Cole stands and applauds Cena as he looks excited that this could be the end of the match and Cena follows up the shoulder blocks by lifting Christian up and dropping him on his back, Protoplex! The WWE Universe know what is coming next and, on cue, here comes Cena with the Five Knuckle Shuffle. He comes off the ropes, waves his hand across his face to all four sides of the arena as well as CM Punk at ringside before trying to drop it to Christian ... Christian stuns Cena with a quick, surprise roll up, could this be a shock win?

** 1 **
** 2 **
** CENA KICKS OUT JUST IN TIME! **

Cena puffs out his cheeks as he gets up, avoids the right hand thrown by Christian and hip tosses him over onto his back once more. With Christian in a sitting position, Cena hits the ropes and hits a low drop kick before he stands over Christian once more, waves across his face and connects this time, Five Knuckle Shuffle. The crowd are jeering Cena but he doesn’t care, he wants to prove his loyalty to Michael Cole right here, he wants to take Christian out of the SMACKDOWN picture and he wants to pick up momentum as he heads for the Elimination Chamber clash with Randy Orton. With Christian down on the mat, Cena decides it is time for a submission hold and he drops down on top of Christian and locks in the STFU hold. STFU FROM CENA! Will Christian be able to hold on? Cena wrenches back on Christian but the Canadian, importantly, gets his foot loose quickly from the position in which Cena tried to lock it in. Christian uses both feet to push himself towards the ropes, can he make it? YES! Christian reaches the ropes and forces the break. Cena isn’t impressed and he drags Christian back to the centre of the ring and looks to lock in the STFU once again, this time, though, Christian is able to tug at Cena’s arm and send him sprawling over the middle rope. Christian baseball slides out of the ring and connects with a hard, right hand to Cena’s face and sends him backwards clutching his nose. Christian slides back into the ring and, as Cena gets up, springboards up and over him, Sunset Flip into a pinning combination ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** CENA KICKS OUT! **

Both men get up at the same time now and they begin trading heavy, right hands back and forth, the crowd are cheering Christian’s shots and jeering Cena’s. This time, Christian gets the better of it but Cena counters with a whip to the corner. As Cena follows in, Christian hits a Pendulum Kick around the ropes and Cena staggers back into the centre of the ring. On his back, Cena is in trouble as Christian climbs the ropes, could it be time for a Frog Splash? No, Cena rolls out of the ring to Cole’s relief but this doesn’t deter Christian and he leaps from the top rope to the outside of the ring instead and hits a beautiful Plancha that takes Cena down to the floor hard. Cole leaps to his feet nearby and he berates Christian but the Canadian laughs at him and shoves him back down into his chair at the announce desk. Looking confident now, Christian rolls Cena back into the ring and then follows, as soon as he does though, Cena hits a kick to the gut and lifts him to his shoulders, FU? No! Christian wriggles clear and sets for the Killswitch instead. Cena counter and shoves Christian away into the corner of the ring, his chest colliding with the buckles. As Cena approaches him again though, Christian hits a stiff back kick to the knee of Cena and then a clothesline to knock him down to the mat before springboarding off the ropes and knocking Cena down with a shoulder block. Quickly, Christian ascends the ropes, Cena is down and out on the mat ... FROG SPLASH! CHRISTIAN CONNECTS WITH A FROG SPLASH! Has he just earned his place in the Elimination Chamber World Championship match?

MICHAEL COLE:
No, no, no, kick out, Cena! Kick out!

** 1 **
** 2 **
** NO! SO CLOSE! **

A chant of ‘Christian! Christian!’ goes up in the arena, the WWE Universe are firmly behind him here as he looks to inflict Cena’s first defeat since the Rumble. Christian again looks to hit the Killswitch but Cena counters with a suplex that puts Christian down and allows him time to recover a little, a great defensive move from Cena. The Rumble winner stands back and waits for Christian to get up before hitting another combination of shoulder blocks and then another Protoplex before Cena heads for the top rope ... Leg Drop to the back of Christian’s head and shoulders. Cena makes the cover ...

** 1 **
** 2 **

MICHAEL COLE:
Come on, John, it’s time to put this idiot out of his misery once and for all!

Cena steps back and he beckons for Christian to get to his feet as he waits and waits behind him, stalking his prey, ready to strike. The crowd are screaming for Christian to realise what is coming but he groggily gets up to his knees with no sign that he is aware that Cena is waiting to pounce ...

MICHAEL COLE:
This is it, Punk. The end of your new best friend, Christian is out of here in just a few ... Wait, where are you going?

CM PUNK:
Do you think I’m going to stay sat here all night, Cole?

Punk winks at Cole and then throws his headset at him before he slides into the ring, dropping the World Championship on the way, and stands up in front of Christian as he gets up. The referee orders Punk to get back out of the ring whilst Cena looks at him and prepares for a fight. However, Punk does the one thing that nobody expects him to do – as Christian gets up to his feet, Punk clotheslines him and knocks him back down to the mat as everybody in the arena stares stunned at what they’ve just seen. Cena looks confused towards Punk who shrugs his shoulders and winks at Cena, the referee has no choice ...

** THE REFEREE SIGNALS FOR THE BELL TO DISQUALIFY JOHN CENA! **

WINNER:
CHRISTIAN (9:36) via disqualification
Punk leaves Christian and heads over to the ropes where he stands staring down at Cole and Cena who has exited the ring – he taps his head and laughs as it becomes clear what has happened here ...

TONY CHIMEL:
The winner of this match, as a result of a disqualification, and qualifying for the Elimination Chamber match ... CHRISTIAN!

Realising what CM Punk has just done, the WWE Universe cheer loudly whilst Cole and Cena look on in anger. Christian has qualified for the Elimination Chamber thanks to CM Punk! Cole looks stunned by this and he throws the headset down in temper before storming off around the ring and up the ramp. Cena looks on at Punk who now holds up the World Championship to mock Cena who shakes his head and begins to walk away. Punk laughs and then turns to Christian with the title still held high. Christian and Punk are speaking in the ring even though we can’t hear it. Clearly, Punk is telling him that he has gotten him a shot at the title, now he has chance to prove that he can win it. Christian nods his head and there is a look of respect between the pair of them as the camera follows them out of the ring ... Grisham and Foley laugh about the look on Michael Cole’s face when he stormed off at the end before Grisham hypes up our main event match tonight – a Buried Alive match between Kane and the Undertaker. Foley says it is too close to call and with the spot in the Chamber up for grabs, both of these men will pull out all the stops tonight to try and make sure that they get the victory that they need. Grisham throws out to a video outlining the issues between these two men in their WWE careers ...

GCB NOTE: Ignore the bit about the World Championship!

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

SMACKDOWN returns with Michael Cole in his office with the phone glued to his ear looking agitated ...

MICHAEL COLE:
What do you mean? That can’t .......... No, you gotta’ listen to me .......... Wait .......... Christian won the match on a disqualification, that isn’t allowed .......... What do you mean? He didn’t win the match fairly and .......... But CM Punk .......... Wait .......... NO! NO! Are you there?

Cole listens but it appears that the Board of Directors representative he was seemingly on the phone to has hung up on him. He angrily throws the cellphone across the room and it crashes against the wall before he sits down with his head in his hands looking devastated with how things have turned out. The camera switches back to ringside where we see the mound of earth stocked up and the gravestone on top of it as Grisham reminds us of the current Elimination Chamber line-up – World Champion CM Punk is defending against Big Show, Kofi Kingston, Jeff Hardy, Christian and the winner of the next match, the Buried Alive match between Kane and the Undertaker. Foley says he cannot wait and then the lights go out and it is time for the main event ...

*** SLOW CHEMICAL ***

*** KANE ***

With eerie red lights in the arena, out walks the demented younger brother, the self proclaimed ‘Devil’s Favourite Demon’, the Big Red Monster ... Kane. He stops on the ramp and looks across at the mountain of earth and then heads over towards it and picks up a handful of dirt with a look of a madman about him. He turns and heads for the ring laughing to himself as he gets boos from the WWE Universe who really want to see Kane defeated tonight. Stood in the centre of the ring, Kane raises his hands high and then drops them ... BOOM! The lights return as the ringposts explode in red flame, Kane’s trademark entrance is still amazing even now. Walking around the ring and talking to himself, Kane appears to be crazy as he prepares for this match tonight and he waits ...

... and waits ...

... and waits ...

... ‘Un-der-ta-ker!’ is the chant from the WWE Universe ...

... and Kane waits and waits ...

... and then, to the sound of huge cheers, the lights go out again and the arena is plunged into darkness!

*** GONG ***
*** GONG ***
*** GONG ***

*** GRAVEYARD SYMPHONY ***

*** THE UNDERTAKER ***

The awesome entrance of the Undertaker begins as fires burn on the stage, dry ice fog covers the arena floor and the blue, purple and silver lights flash around the stage as the Deadman returns to SMACKDOWN ready for action once more. After his last match at the Rumble, Taker has not been seen but he is here tonight with a chance to earn a spot in the World Championship match at the Elimination Chamber – what a fantastic opportunity this is. As the Phenom appears on the stage, creeping through the shadows, the crowd go wild with delight to see him and Grisham reminds us that Undertaker will be out for revenge after Kane’s assistance in his elimination from the Royal Rumble by John Cena. Taker slowly approaches the ring where Kane is waiting for him, he stops on the ring steps and he raises his hands high to bring back the lights. Standing outside the ring, Taker locks eyes with his demented brother, Kane, and steps through the ropes into hell. Removing his coat, the eye contact between the two will not break until Taker removes his hat ... The thunder sounds echo around the arena as he rolls his eyes back but then Kane attacks him and the match is under way as the bell is rung on the referee’s instruction ...

Quote:
BURIED ALIVE MATCH – ELIMINATION CHAMBER QUALIFIER
KANE vs. THE UNDERTAKER

Kane’s sneak attack to start the match gives him the upper hand in the beginning as he thunders right hands into the face of Taker. However, the Deadman looks determined to punish Kane here tonight after all he has put him through over the past year and he cuts Kane off and starts to deliver a huge set of right hands of his own. Kane is wobbling already as the right hands continue from Taker, they’re absolutely smashing down into the head of Kane who tries to cover up and protect himself. The fans are on their feet for this fast start as Undertaker steps back a moment before clotheslining Kane up and over the top rope. The Big Red Monster lands on his feet but wobbles on the outside, Undertaker has him in trouble early here with this quick start. Taker stalks after his little brother and slams his head hard into the ring steps, not once, but twice, Kane’s bald head smashes into the steps with a crash. Kane tries to get away but he can’t and Taker spins him round before whipping him into the steps this time, BAM! Kane hits the steps with a ferocious smash and they come loose with the impact. Undertaker looks down on Kane as the crowd cheer for him, what a start from the Phenom of the WWE. Dragging Kane up again, Undertaker again slams Kane’s head into the steps and then into the ring post, he seems intent on destroying him here. Into the ring rolls Kane, trying to escape, Taker follows him in. A kick to the gut from Kane slows Undertaker for a moment but then Kane misses with a clothesline and Taker hits a series of choke thrusts that stagger Kane back to the corner. Taker whips Kane over to the opposite corner and then follows in ... Clothesline! Another whip to the original corner ... another Clothesline! Kane staggers away and Taker hits the ropes ... Big Boot to the face and Kane is sent crashing down to the mat as the cheers erupt around the arena.

Kane is groggily getting to his feet, he doesn’t know what has hit him so far. Taker grabs his arm and twists it around, the crowd cheer and shout “Old School” as Taker winds it up before stepping to the corner. He climbs to the top turnbuckle and then, balancing precariously, he walks along the top rope before dropping a heavy right arm across the back of his brother, Kane. Staggering to the corner on his hands and knees, Kane looks shocked and Taker stomps the hell out of him in the corner, turning back the clock to his glory days, forcing Kane under the bottom rope for safety and respite. As Kane props himself against the announce table, Undertaker hits the ropes opposite and comes running over ... He leaps over the top rope and flies into the Big Red Monster and the pair of them crash over the table and scatter the chairs and the announcers. “Holy s**t!” is the response of some of the crowd, this is amazing from Undertaker so far here on SMACKDOWN. As the camera finds a way to get closer to the two brothers, we see Undertaker is pummelling the face of Kane over and over on the floor where the chairs once were. Taker steps out from behind the desk and is greeted by a huge cheer from the crowd, Foley is watching on with a look of awe in his eyes, he knows what this type of match with Undertaker is like and he comments that he has never seen the Undertaker this dominant in a Buried Alive match before. Kane crawls over the table and Undertaker goes to deliver more right hands but Kane has a plan – he pokes Taker in the eyes and this buys him a little time. Taker wobbles away a little before turning back towards the Big Red Monster ... BAM! TV MONITOR TO THE SKULL FROM KANE! Undertaker drops down to his knees clutching his face, what a resourceful move from Kane there to stop the momentum of the Deadman.

Kane regains his composure a little and takes time to recover. Once he is ready, he stalks up behind Taker and, when he turns around, he delivers some heavy right hands of his own. Finding their target, Kane’s right hands are doing some damage but not enough ... Undertaker responds with rights of his own and forces Kane back again. Kane looks a little desperate and whips Taker to the barricades where he hits his back hard. However, when Kane rushes at him looking to knock him over the barricades, Taker moves, allows Kane to collide with them and then clotheslines him over them instead. Kane staggers to his feet in amongst the crowd now and tries to put distance between himself and Taker, the Deadman follows through the sea of people here for SMACKDOWN tonight. Kane stumbles into the technical area and Taker follows where he corners him against some steps. Right hands from Taker rain down on Kane’s skull over and over, Kane cannot get into the match at all. Taker drags Kane up and slams him into crates and audio speakers, mixing in more right hands, the crowd around them cheering him all the way. Kane cannot get any offence in and his only hope appears to keep moving. Taker follows him through the crowd and then grabs him near the barricades further around the ring near the aisle. He tosses Kane over them and steps over himself – completely in control. As Kane props himself against the ring post, Undertaker reaches under the ring and pulls out a steel chair! Kane is unaware of what Taker has in his hand and he goes to slam it into his back ... BING! Kane moves at the last second and Taker smashes the chair into the post instead, Kane throwsa punch, Taker ducks and then jams the chair into the stomach of Kane.

The chair is tossed by Taker over the top rope and into the ring, he obviously has further plans for it. He rolls Kane into the ring under the rope but keeps his head hanging over the edge of the ring apron, we know what is coming here! Up onto the apron goes Undertaker, he runs along the edge of the ring ... Hanging Legdrop! Kane clutches his throat as Taker rolls back into the ring with the cheers ringing in his ears. What a performance this is proving to be from the Deadman! After all his injuries and disappearances of late, he is back even more dominant than ever before! In the ring, Taker grabs the chair once again but Kane sees him and makes a quick exit under the ropes, out of the ring he goes with Taker in pursuit. Kane steps over the barricades once more but Taker grabs him and drags him back towards him, right hand in retaliation from Kane! Taker staggers and Kane puts some distance between them as he makes his way through the WWE Universe and starts up the steps. Taker is following again though, Kane sees him and he throws another right hand, another brawl begins in the crowd between these two. Once again, Undertaker comes out on top of this fistfight and then he drags Kane back towards the ring instead and throws him over the barricades once more. Kane crawls into the ring and Taker follows up the ring steps taking a breath as he does. Into the ring goes Taker, Kane is down but he does get hold of the chair as Taker approaches him ... BOOM! Kane rams the chair into the mid-section of the Deadman who doubles up a little, Kane stands up quickly and raises the chair ... BAM! CHAIR SHOT TO THE BACK OF UNDERTAKER! BAM! Another shot to the back from Kane! BAM! And another! Kane has got a leveller right here, no disqualification, this is perfectly legal! As Taker falls to his knees, Kane comes off the ropes and hits a boot to the face of Taker to knock him onto his back. Kane has wrestled the control away from Undertaker and – just like that – he is dominating.

Kane picks up the chair once more and he props it up over the throat of Undertaker, choking him with the chair legs, willing him to give it up, willing him to lay down, willing him to die. Kane is maniacal, he looks possessed by evil as the veins in his head throb, Taker is writhing in pain under the steel, his throat jammed with the chair. Kane starts to stomp away at Undertaker before he jams the chair into his stomach once more, this is what Kane knew he would have to do tonight. BAM! CHAIR SHOT TO THE BACK OF TAKER! Kane looks around at the WWE Universe and smirks now, he tosses the chair away and sets himself, holding his hand up behind him ... Up staggers Undertaker ... CHOKE SLAM! KANE CHOKE SLAMS UNDERTAKER! The crowd boo but Kane has laid out his brother although, as Grisham reminds us, he’ll need more than that to incapacitate the Undertaker enough to bury him alive. Kane stands over Taker and yells at him, “I told you to stay away, Deadman!” he yells, before stepping back again as Taker groggily rolls over and gets slowly back up ... CHOKE SLAM! ANOTHER CHOKE SLAM FROM KANE! Undertaker is laid out on his back, if this was a normal match, it would be over and Kane would be getting the 1, 2, 3! However, it isn’t a normal match, the only way to win is to bury your opponent alive. Kane smiles an evil smile and he drags Taker, wobbling on his jelly legs, up once more ... Kane looks at him with an evil smirk and then sets up ... TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER! KANE TOMBSTONES UNDERTAKER! Taker’s head bounces off the mat and Kane stands over him and laughs.

Now Kane’s problem is how will he get the Phenom from the ring to the grave? He begins to drag Taker’s dead weight out of the ring but it is taking time. Once he has Taker out of the ring, Kane lifts him up onto his shoulder and he slowly carries him up the aisle towards the mound of earth waiting for him. Almost at the top of the ramp, Kane drops Taker on the metal floor and takes a breather as he looks up to the top of the mound, about six foot high, and wonders how to get Taker up there. Kane takes a deep breath and goes to drag Taker up once more but Taker has recovered a little and he grabs Kane’s throat and tosses him from the ramp to the hard floor below. A desperate counter move from Undertaker there! Both men need time to recover and replays of some of the action so far are shown as they do – Foley says that whoever wins this will definitely be one of the favourites in the Elimination Chamber. As both men get to their feet, Undertaker jumps down off the ramp and joins Kane on the concrete floor and they begin to trade blows once more. Over and over, taking longer and longer, they throw right hands at each other, the crowd cheering Taker and jeering Kane. In the end, Undertaker, with his tenth punch of the trade, starts to overpower Kane and he has chance to deliver a number of rights to Kane. Kane is looking to escape now and he climbs the mound of earth, the WWE Universe come alive as Taker follows, we’re getting to the really exciting part now! Kane desperately throws a punch at Taker but he misses and Undertaker grasps him by the throat ... Choke Slam into the grave? NO! LOW BLOW FROM KANE! A desperation move and the crowd boo him for it but Kane does not care at all. Taker sinks to his knees and Kane spots his chance and delivers a Big Boot to the face and Undertaker falls to the earth.

This is Kane’s chance, you sense that he needs to put Taker away and quickly. Kane approaches Taker looking tired, looking desperate, looking battered and bruised. As Kane goes to drag Taker towards the hole in the mound, Taker delights the fans here in Des Moines as he sits up with a bulging look in his eyes, he is frothing at the mouth as he stares right through Kane. HELL’S GATE! TAKER LOCKS IN HELL’S GATE ON KANE! Kane is desperately trying to escape but there is nothing that he can do, Taker wrenches it in further and further and punishes Kane for everything he has put him through as Kane teeters close to the edge of the six foot drop beside him. Kane’s desperate, panicking movements start to subside and he seems to be passing out here as Taker wrenches at the Hell’s Gate hold more and more. Kane’s arm goes limp, he has passed out but Taker continues to hold it. Eventually, the Phenom is satisfied that Kane is finished and he releases the hold to huge cheers from the WWE Universe. Taker looks down on Kane’s lifeless, limp body laid beside the hole and he cuts his throat – it is time to be buried! Undertaker drops to his knees and rolls Kane with all his might ... KANE FALLS INTO THE GRAVE!

CAN UNDERTAKER NOW BURY KANE ALIVE?

The cheers and shouts of the WWE Universe are so loud here, they seem to pick up as Taker moves around towards the mound of earth beside the grave. He goes to pick up a shovel, Grisham tells us he needs to completely cover Kane’s body with earth. A shot inside the grave shows us that Kane is still lifeless, this match is surely over?

BAM!

SHOVEL SHOT TO THE BACK OF UNDERTAKER’S SKULL!

WHAT THE HELL?!

JOHN CENA? Why is Cena out here? Why has he just clobbered Undertaker with a shovel? Undertaker is on his knees, in pain from the shot from behind, he gets slowly to his feet and turns around to see who attacked him ... BAM! ANOTHER SHOVEL TO THE SKULL FROM CENA! Undertaker goes down this time clutching his head and Cena stands over him. He raises the shovel again and starts to smash it down over and over again into the stomach of Undertaker, the crowd are booing, there is so much heat for Cena right now! What is he doing? Foley reminds us that Cena eliminated Undertaker from the Rumble with help from Kane, is this payback for Kane’s assistance? Cena’s shots with the shovel seem to have done the trick and he throws the shovel away with a look of madness in his eyes. Cena waits as Undertaker starts to get to his knees, what is he going to do now? Up gets Taker, slowly, he turns ... FU! CENA WITH THE FU!

UNDERTAKER LANDS IN THE GRAVE WITH KANE!

The crowd gasp in horror! What has Cena just done? He has just hit the FU to Undertaker and dropped him down six foot into the grave where he has landed on top of Kane! Cena looks around as he is hit with mega heat from the crowd, then Cena looks down at the shovel. A thought passes through his mind and he picks the shovel up ... What the hell is Cena doing now? He starts shovelling dirt into the grave and he starts covering both Undertaker and Kane! Is Cena going to bury both of the brothers alive?

No. Kane is moving, Kane is getting up and he sees what Cena is doing. He doesn’t look impressed as he scrambles his way out of the grave and Cena drops the shovel and starts to back away, his hands raised up to Kane as if to apologise. Kane stalks towards him and Cena backs down the mound of earth and onto the stage. Kane is after him and Cena decides to get the hell out of here. Kane is on stage and Cena is gone ... Kane turns to look back to the digger and the mound of earth where Undertaker is laid in the grave. He laughs and smiles, he raises his arms as he looks up at the digger with the bucket of earth hanging over the grave. Kane drops his arms and everybody expects to see the dirt fall into the grave ...

DARKNESS!

The lights are off and nothing is visible here. The fans cheer, is this a sign that Taker is fine? On come the lights again and Kane looks mystified as he looks around the stage. He drops down to the floor and scrambles up the mound of earth, the camera follows him as he reaches the top and looks down into the grave where his brother is ... is ... is ... gone! Where has the Undertaker disappeared to? Kane blinks and can’t believe it. He rubs his eyes leaving streaks of earth over his face and looks again. No Undertaker! Where on earth has he gone?

GONG!

THE LIGHTS GO OFF AGAIN!

The WWE Universe here are cheering and screaming as they await the return of the Deadman ...

GONG!

THE LIGHTS RETURN!

Kane is now stood back on the stage looking around paranoid. The camera shows that there is still no sign of the Undertaker in the grave and we see Kane looking round desperately, he doesn’t know where Taker is.

GONG!

LIGHTS OFF ONCE MORE!

What the hell is happening here? Classic Undertaker mind-games as the WWE Universe cheer and shout ...

GONG!

THE LIGHTS RETURN!

Kane is still looking around, he looks terrified as he stands on the stage looking around desperately. The WWE Universe start to go wild though, they see what Kane can’t as Undertaker climbs out of the grave and down the mound of earth, sneaking up behind Kane. The Big Red Monster gets a look of terror on his face as he realises that somebody is behind him ... he turns ... CHOKE SLAM! ON THE STEEL STAGE! Kane’s body is writhing in pain, Taker has smashed it down hard onto the steel. The crowd know what is coming next too, they are going crazy now as Taker cuts his throat once more! He drags Kane up, lifts him up ... TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER! KANE IS TOMBSTONED ON THE STAGE! Kane’s lights are completely out, Taker has him beat now surely! Kane is dragged up by Taker, he drags his brother down the ramp, over the concrete floor and up the mound of earth, there are no signs of life in Kane! Undertaker drops Kane down at the side of the grave, he waits and looks down on Kane who is showing a flicker of life as he moves a little ... Taker waits ... Kane rolls over and starts to get up to his knees ... Taker waits ... Kane is up to one foot ... Taker waits ... Kane is on two feet, wobbling, spins around ... CHOKESLAM! INTO THE GRAVE!

CAN UNDERTAKER BURY KANE ALIVE?

The crowd are cheering for Taker as Kane is shown down in the grave, his body smashed down at the bottom, six foot under and knocked out cold. Taker looks up at the bucket of the digger, full of earth, he raises his hands up high and a lightning bolt crashes down from the roof of the arena ... The bucket tips over and the earth falls out and down into the grave covering Kane and filling it up. Undertaker watches at it covers his brother ...

** UNDERTAKER BURIES KANE ALIVE! **

WINNER:
THE UNDERTAKER (14:39)
As the Undertaker’s eerie music begins to play once again, the crowd go wild as Taker stands tall on the top of the mound of earth, the grave now filled with dirt from the bucket of the digger stood beside it and the battered body of his brother, Kane. As Taker looks down on the grave and the stone, he rolls his eyes as Grisham reminds us that this victory now means that Undertaker will join CM Punk, Big Show, Kofi Kingston, Jeff Hardy and Christian in the SMACKDOWN Elimination Chamber match where the World Championship will be up for grabs. Foley says that those five guys need to be on red alert now that Undertaker is in the match – who would bet against him winning? He also suggests that John Cena might not be sleeping too easy in his bed tonight after his attempt at interfering in the match. Taker drops to his knee on the bank of mud, the lights dim once more and the titantron comes alive with the words REST IN PEACE, KANE and Undertaker cuts his throat into his own pose. With the crowd cheering, SMACKDOWN fades away for another week.

*** END OF SHOW ***

=========================================

ELIMINATION CHAMBER 2011

*** CONFIRMED MATCHES ***

GRUDGE MATCH
John Cena vs. Randy Orton

SMACKDOWN ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk (c) vs. Big Show vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Christian vs. The Undertaker

RAW ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH TO DETERMINE #1 CONTENDER FOR WWE CHAMPIONSHIP AT WRESTLEMANIA 27
Daniel Bryan vs. Kurt Angle vs. The Miz vs. Sheamus vs. ??? vs. ???

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Wade Barrett (c) vs. John Morrison

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
Maryse (c) vs. Layla vs. Michelle McCool (?)

*** SUNDAY 20TH FEBRUARY LIVE AND EXCLUSIVE ON PAY PER VIEW ***
GCB is offline   Reply With Quote