Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #5157 (permalink)
Clique
✯✯✯ FLAWLESS

Clique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESS
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ngOfK1ngs View Post
Randy Savage vs The Ultimate Warrior SS 92 : **** 1/4

Macho-Warrior II might be the least talked about classic championship match in WWE history. IMO Warrior's best title match, him and Savage just go back and forth exchanging big move after big move for nearly 30 minutes (by the way, this might be the most colorful match of all time if you look at what these two wear to the ring) , with Flair and Perfect coming to ringside and trying to start shit, only to become torn to bits by the end of the night. The near falls and counters were there, and I thought the ending was necessary given that neither man really deserved to lose here. Another 1992 classic WWF championship match.
I will agree that it is one of the biggest sleeper hits in SummerSlam and early 90s WWF history. I thought it was a fantastic match with the two larger-than-life characters of Macho Man and The Warrior battling once again for the top prize in the industry. It obviously is not as dramatic as their classic at WrestleMania VII with the stakes higher than ever before with their careers on the line but you could feel the enormity of this main event championship match. Savage's selling of his injury was stellar as was he's guidance of Warrior to another one of the best matches of his career. Along with Rick Rude or the "Ultimate Challenge" with Hogan, Savage probably brought out the best in Warrior in the ring. Everyone should watch this great match and give some of the SummerSlam 92 glory to it because Savage and Warrior deserve it for their efforts here.