Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #5151 (permalink)
Saint Dick
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania

Saint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whore
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Thought HHH/Lesnar was awesome. Heard people say it was slow and plodding and boring. Didn't think that at all, the match flew by for me. Also don't understand the comparisons to the Cena match. They couldn't possibly have worked the same kind of match. This worked just fine. HHH has always been built up as more of a badass than Cena who plays the underdog babyface role so often against bigger guys. Made sense for HHH to have the amount of offense he had. It didn't have the realness of the Cena match but come on what match in the history of the company does? Felt more like a legit fight to me than 90% of the WWE stuff I've ever seen. Only Cena/Lesnar and shit involving dudes like Finlay and Benoit feel more real. The psychology was perfect. HHH tried to hang in there with Brock, got overwhelmed, accidentally found Lesnar's weakness and a chance to win, but Brock still had too much for him. I actually think this goes perfectly with the Cena match. The beating that Lesnar put on him at Extreme Rules was so brutal that simple stuff like Hunter's early clotheslines seemed like a big deal (plus Brock flew over those ropes like a madman). The Cena match is better, that's for sure, but I enjoyed the hell out of this nonetheless. If I had to throw a rating at it I'd say 4 stars.