Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #387 (permalink)
#BadNewsSanta
Ho!

#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

I'm mixed right now on what I want to see between Taker/Lesnar and Rock/Lesnar. Everything Starbuck said is true in regards to Rock not really being the fighter Taker and HHH are and in WWE land they are tougher than Rock, especially Taker at WM (he's the top in toughness on that night). So in addition to my thoughts in the past about not wanting to see Rock/Lesnar, Starbuck's points also make me care even less to see it.

However the only reason I wouldn't want to see Taker/Lesnar is if we get a similar to match as Lesnar/HHH. If Lesnar dominates at the incredibly boring pace using the same moves over and over again he did with HHH against Taker, I have NO interest in seeing that match. Wasn't a fan of Lesnar/HHH because of it, and while I'd naturally like Taker/Lesnar more just because it's Taker, it will still be a disappointment to me considering who's competing. I don't mind Lesnar dominating Taker, but I'd like him to keep the pace up and do more than a bodyslam and grabbing the arm over and over again, no matter how much sense it makes from a psychology standpoint.

Right now though I think I'd still like to see Taker/Lesnar more, but we'll see what comes from Lesnar at SVS. My ideal realistic card at WM right now would be:

Taker/Lesnar (Taker wins)
Rock/Cena II (Rock wins as a shocker since most would expect Cena to get the win)
Punk/HHH (would say Austin, but I think it's pretty much confirmed it's not happening) (Punk wins)

Then at WM30:
Austin/Punk WWE Title (Punk wins)
Taker/Rock (Taker wins)
Cena/Sheamus World Title (Sheamus wins)

I expect WM29 to be HHH's last match and WM30 to be Taker's last match. If WWE is serious about Sheamus being the next top face, he'll have to face and beat Cena at some point. WM30 would seem like a good point to do that.

As far as which match between Rock/Cena and Punk/HHH at WM is for the WWE Title, it doesn't really matter. Either one will sell themselves. On one hand if Rock/Cena is for the WWE Title, the title will see the main event spot again as opposed to if it was Punk/HHH. If Punk/HHH is for the title, it's going to be the third biggest match on the card again and probably won't main event. However, they won't have to do any vacating the title crap like they would if my idea went through with The Rock beating Cena.

Edit: LOL, FORGOT TAKER/CENA!

Um... hm... maybe Taker stays till WM31 and faces Cena then? Fuck, it's not fair! I want to see Taker/Lesnar, Taker/Rock, and Taker/Cena at WM but I also think if Taker should retire, WM30 is the perfect time... but then again how can you not have Taker/Cena at WM? lol, maybe Taker should go to 25-0... but fuck he'll be 50 by then, won't he?

Bah, guess if I had to take out/change one of those matches happening, it'd be Taker/Lesnar. So my revised cards:
WM29:
Taker/Cena (Taker wins)
Rock/Lesnar (Rock wins)
Punk/HHH (would say Austin, but I think it's pretty much confirmed it's not happening) (Punk wins)

Then at WM30:
Austin/Punk WWE Title (Punk wins)
Taker/Rock (Taker wins)
Cena/Sheamus World Title (Sheamus wins)

Last edited by #BadNewsSanta : 08-21-2012 at 07:15 PM.
#BadNewsSanta is offline   Reply With Quote