Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads

View Single Post

Old 08-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #550 (permalink)
Bad Blood
Legend

Bad Blood 0 - 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterSmith View Post
I thought I read somewhere that Undertaker said in an interview that he will not be at WrestleMania XXIX? If that's true, then I'm very shocked. The Streak has become a huge part of 'Mania and I find it hard to believe that Taker would be left off of the card. Probably just some crap rumor, anyway, but I feel like I read that very recently.

Taker has got to be reaching the end of his career. I anticipate that we'll only see one or two more matches from him at WrestleMania. The obvious choice for XXIX is Brock Lesnar. If Lesnar's contract is going to be up after WrestleMania, then his last match should be against Undertaker. That match just makes too much sense. If Taker has another one after that, then it's obvious that Cena should be the last. 22-0 and he's done. Such an uneven number, but I don't see how Undertaker would continue to go beyond that.

Shame he can't go to 25-0. And don't get me wrong, I love his matches with HBK and HHH, but it kind of stinks that The Streak got so big. I feel like Undertaker could have helped so many guys become bigger stars by facing them at WrestleMania, but now, unless you're a megastar, there is no way that you'll get to face Taker at Mania.

I'm talking about guys like Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett and even Drew McIntyre. A match with Taker at WrestleMania would have helped them immensely. Aside from being used to make stars, there are a few veterans like Christian, Mick Foley and Chris Jericho who I have always said would have had a great rivalry/match with Taker at 'Mania. I'm not saying I wish that we wouldn't have seen The Streak matches we've seen since 2009. I'm just saying that it would have been cool if The Streak would have been used to have a more long-term effect on WWE.
If the streak lives I think Undertaker will be apart of Wrestlemania until he dies. The streak means so much to Wrestlemania

go to my youtube account to see more videos http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWazperviz/videos
Bad Blood is offline   Reply With Quote