Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Aces & Eights Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #990 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 02:19 AM
JenksIX
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

I don't want to see this angle end anytime soon.

No matter what the writing, the payoff won't be as great because TNA can't sign a huge talent.

As is, the best TNA could do is sign Goldberg or John Morrison and neither are happening.

Now as an A&8's member, I like the look of Wes Brisco. He looks like he can be an Xpac or Brian Pillman sort of member to the group. As for Luke Gallows or Mike Knox, the only thing appealing about them is that they are bigger then the rest of the roster.

Now on here especially, people like Jay Bradley, but to my knowledge he's only been involved in one attack and that was the first(I really want to know who the other two guys were because they weren't Wes, Gallows or Knox.)

For me, the only way to really capitalize on this angle is to continue to add on. With Knox/Gallows you have two guys who are only challenged in size by Abyss, now that Morgan's gone. In wrestling, size does matter and I like the idea that A&8s have big guys (especially if it's an invasion angle.) If you add up Gallows & Knox(6'6-6'7), and add guys like Jay Bradley(6'5), Chris Master's (6'4) then you have 4 guys who are bigger then the rest of the roster sans Abyss and Rob Terry. Now Wes Brisco might not be tall (6'0 range) but he's got the most jacked arms of the bunch and could come off as the most unstable member of the bunch.

Anyway, the point is, I don't just want Knox, Gallows, Brisco, and ultimately Jarrett to end up being the aces and eights.
I actually would like it if Jarrett returned with a different group (AAA/world wide wrestlers) and A&8's attacked them or they showed no allegiance and it kept ppl guessing with what A8s motive was.

I rather see it revealed that Gallows, Knox, Brisco, Masters, Cliff Compton, Jay Bradley, Teddy Hart, etc turn up being aces and 8s. Something like Eric Bischoff compiled a group to oppose all of TNA. This would kind of be like the exact opposite of TNA and mainevent mafia. This strategy would take unknowns who tried to take over TNA and you'd have TNA originals fight back for it, in turn getting them over. (With huge men like Knox, Masters, gallows, bradley and along with their affiliation, you could really legitimize TNA originals that need that sort of push.)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome