Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #5064 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Of course Cena would have got a win back, if you want Lesnar to cripple Cena and take him off of TV you logically build to Cena's return and have him finally defeat the monster once and for all. No way in hell they'd just have Cena lose and not try to milk a dramatic rematch and have him finally regain his heat and come out of the feud looking even better.

Lesnar coming back, quickly becoming #1 contender and then beating the shit out of Cena but ultimately winning would have been a great angle. Makes Lesnar look even better since everyone expected Cena to overcome the odds again, and assuming they would have worked the match similar to ER Lesnar would have looked incredible brutalising Cena but this time getting the win. I appreciate people wanted Lesnar to just be some unbeatabale monster before losing at Wrestlemania and going home, but at the end of the day Rock or Taker beating him would never have been as good. Firstly Lesnar could never have that sort of match as he did with Cena against either of them, which would have meant a more standard and regulation WWE style match, and with Lesnar losing off of a Rock Bottom/Tombstone. At least with Cena he managed to be protected with the NO DQ stipulation, and looked as good as he ever could look on offence.

I appreciate people wanted him to win, but calling the worst finish of all time? That's just asinine and I swear to christ there is no way The Rock or The Undertaker will ever be able to beat Lesnar convincingly and make him look as good as he did at ER. He didn't look nearly as dominant at Summerslam, and that's where him losing would have really been detrimental to his aura.